Steven Powell arrested in Washington State

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I hear about this man, the more I think the Sr. Powell killed her. Or helped his son kill her.

I agree with you. In his own twisted mind, he wasn't doing anything wrong filming those videos or taking those pics. He seemed to be proud of the fact that he was lusting after his DIL, and tried to claim that she was after him. The whole idea was to make her out to be unfit so he could get control of their kids. God help them, I hope the Coxes get custody of them so they won't be raised by that creepy family. And I hope he stays in jail for a long, long time.

bbm

I'm not so sure this whole 'story' about him & Susan wasn't made up with the sole intent to paint her as a someone who would take off with another man (taking the pressure of JP) vs any other reason..That doesn't mean I don't believe he was obsessed with her cos his songs are more then enough proof that he was.

eta..If he truly is proud he had been lusting after his DIL then is even SICKER then he appears to be which is pretty damn SICK!

The more that comes to light, it is going to difficult to see past SP if this case goes to trial, with regards to Susan...he is just too much of a freak not to be an alternate suspect at the very least.

I believe it is very possible he was involved after the fact, however, it would be very interesting to know if he has a solid alibi for when Susan would have been killed. If not, I agree, he could be a perfect defense pawn assuming JP is the one on trial for her death.

MOO

SP is just too weird for words. He talks about cigars here http://stevechantrey.com/Pages/About/MeetSteve.aspx

If you look up the psychological relevance of a cigar
http://books.google.com/books?id=wGzw5IZv37UC&pg=PA83&lpg=PA83&dq=cigar+in+psychopathic+meaning&source=bl&ots=plUjHlCUIT&sig=XlomBSuzcdys5ijKTX4DVerweVc&hl=en&ei=OVB-TrHXOKLeiALplMy5Aw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&sqi=2&ved=0CD4Q6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=cigar%20in%20psychopathic%20meaning&f=false

This has a whole new meaning now ... http://stevechantrey.com/Pages/About/FirstTechnology.aspx

If he is truthful about those song lyrics coming to him as a seven year old, there is a good chance he was sexually molested as a child. How would this relate to his voyeurism? He has pedophile urges but is able to control them? Not my forte, just throwing this out for discussion.

I am also. And with this arrest, my mind is going toward perhaps Susan finding out something about his activities and him having her silenced? Or is there anything on the dates of these violations, such as after her disappearance and not before? I haven't seen all the charging documents yet if this information has already been posted.

:waitasec:

MOO

Add to that ,SP allegedly went through a bitter custody battle and got the kids,but Susan was probably in a better position to win.

I see SP egging Josh on,putting thoughts in his head. If Susan discovered any of this and confronted Josh that may be the final straw.

SP is just too weird for words. He talks about cigars here http://stevechantrey.com/Pages/About/MeetSteve.aspx

http://books.google.com/books?id=wGzw5IZv37UC&pg=PA83&lpg=PA83&dq=cigar+in+psychopathic+meaning&source=bl&ots=plUjHlCUIT&sig=XlomBSuzcdys5ijKTX4DVerweVc&hl=en&ei=OVB-TrHXOKLeiALplMy5Aw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&sqi=2&ved=0CD4Q6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=cigar%20in%20psychopathic%20meaning&f=false

This has a whole new meaning now ... http://stevechantrey.com/Pages/About/FirstTechnology.aspx

If he is truthful about those song lyrics coming to him as a seven year old, there is a good chance he was sexually molested as a child. How would this relate to his voyeurism? He has pedophile urges but is able to control them? Not for my forte, just throwing this out for discussion.

BBM Totally not my field but I would think it is a twisted way to, after the fact, gain the control he didn't have as a 7yo. There is so much more to him that will probably take years to discover and document. Also, they had only gone through 5% of the pictures at last report. Can you imagine what else there is? Truthfully, IF he did molest/take pictures of his grandsons, I hope he never gets out. IMHO

I still have trouble believing that nobody saw his perv flag flying.

I'll add this site to the mix. I researched WA records endlessly in the Lindsey Baum case ... http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/

This is kind of far-fetched, but could SP have convinced JP to put a recording device in their home in Utah? The lyrics to those creepy songs made me think of the possibility. Also, Susan was not allowed to use the computer in their home, hmmnn?

How could Susan have such a good job,be the primary breadwinner ,and not use the computer?

Add to that ,SP allegedly went through a bitter custody battle and got the kids,but Susan was probably in a better position to win.

I see SP egging Josh on,putting thoughts in his head. If Susan discovered any of this and confronted Josh that may be the final straw.
BBM

Those were my thoughts also, and the reason for my earlier questions regarding the timeline of the thousands of images - in addition to a secondary reason of SP/JP wanting to keep her children under their own control. In other words, Susan was expendable to keep their "family" intact.

MOO

How could Susan have such a good job,be the primary breadwinner ,and not use the computer?

Exactly. She had to use the computer at work, or get permission from Josh. He probably stood right behind her the whole time when she was using it. The only thing I can figure is he had something on it he did not want her to see. And now that we know Daddy's little secret, I have an idea of what it might be.\

Also, it could be there were all kinds of Casey Anthony style google searches going on like "How to poison someone" or "How do I make a murder look like a suicide." Or even, "Where is the best place to hide your dead wife in Utah?" Might have been a little uncomfortable if Susan came across that by accident.

bbm

I'm not so sure this whole 'story' about him & Susan wasn't made up with the sole intent to paint her as a someone who would take off with another man (taking the pressure of JP) vs any other reason..That doesn't mean I don't believe he was obsessed with her cos his songs are more then enough proof that he was.

eta..If he truly is proud he had been lusting after his DIL then is even SICKER then he appears to be which is pretty damn SICK!

Nope, this story was not made up recently. He made passes at her. He likely did believe that she was flirting with him because she was a young girl in love with her husband. Do you remember the days when you were in your "honeymoon" phase and flirty with your new hubby. He probably believes in his sick mind that she was flirting with him too.

Just saw this, yes I agree. I think he may have poisoned her pancakes.

ETA: By the way, who makes pancakes for dinner??

I just have to answer this - we rarely eat a big breakfast, so for a treat we would occasionally make breakfast for dinner - the kids loved it. Waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns - the works! :blushing:

But I do have to admit - I don't poison it!

Nope, this story was not made up recently. He made passes at her. He likely did believe that she was flirting with him because she was a young girl in love with her husband. Do you remember the days when you were in your "honeymoon" phase and flirty with your new hubby. He probably believes in his sick mind that she was flirting with him too.

Very possible Steve also knew that Josh "didn't like girls"...? So maybe he thought Susan "needed lovin'". Sorry, but the thought did occur to me that something like that might cross his sick mind.

I was thinking about what Chuck Cox said about Susan opening a savings account and transferring money in to it. He said Josh never noticed.

If someone knows; Did Susan literally hand over her paycheck to Josh for deposit? Were the secret transfer's something that occurred more than once? Do we have any idea how much money Susan was earning?

Here is a very amateur attempt to provide lurkers with information about this case.

As Dom stated, I too live in Utah. I too have followed this case very closely from the beginning. I too am LDS, so when someone from our community goes missing, it is hard to not sit up and pay attention. My heart has hurt so much for Susan’s boys. I have been VERY suspicious of Josh from the beginning.

For those people who maybe lurk, but have not followed this case. Let me give you a rundown of information from the beginning:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lvv7QsyyeQCAbBf1UgeQo_zESRC28S_sYTEYBrSUr1k/edit?hl=en_US

I was thinking about what Chuck Cox said about Susan opening a savings account and transferring money in to it. He said Josh never noticed.

If someone knows; Did Susan literally hand over her paycheck to Josh for deposit? Were the secret transfer's something that occurred more than once? Do we have any idea how much money Susan was earning?

BBM - Maybe that is the true motive. Maybe he did finally realize. Maybe he found out and realized that his world really was crumbling. She really was leaving, and she was taking money to make it a reality. Maybe this savings account is what finally made him snap. He called Daddy, Daddy egged him on, and he poisoned her pancakes. He either then killed her (remember that the kids may have witnessed something based on their "Mommy Ouchee" comment), or daddy came to "take care of the matter".

BBM Totally not my field but I would think it is a twisted way to, after the fact, gain the control he didn't have as a 7yo. There is so much more to him that will probably take years to discover and document. Also, they had only gone through 5% of the pictures at last report. Can you imagine what else there is? Truthfully, IF he did molest/take pictures of his grandsons, I hope he never gets out. IMHO

I still have trouble believing that nobody saw his perv flag flying.

I have no doubt Steve visited some interesting websites, another poster said Det. Ed Troyer stated there are over 100 pages of documents on SP that will not be revealed until trial... Here's the podcast link to the interview- http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=33887&p=6&n=

ETA- Monson asked Troyer, " How do you know this was limited to Steven Powell, Josh Powell also lives in that house, how do you isolate Steven Powell with this"?

Troyer stated " Our detectives working with WVPD have done a good job with timelines, date stamps, computer entries, log-on/log-off's, there was a lot more to this that is technical other than just finding the pictures to make the case. The prosecutor has that information, just because it is not in the charging papers, we have hundreds of pages of police reports and investigation that is not going to be made public. That's between us and him until the trial".

If he is truthful about those song lyrics coming to him as a seven year old, there is a good chance he was sexually molested as a child. How would this relate to his voyeurism? He has pedophile urges but is able to control them? Not my forte, just throwing this out for discussion.

Not only are those lyrics odd but the family history of kidnapping or disappearing moms. I think this left a severe impact on him.

I do remember hearing, in the beginning, that josh changed the passwords to the online bank accounts.This came from her friends.

Here is a very amateur attempt to provide lurkers with information about this case.

As Dom stated, I too live in Utah. I too have followed this case very closely from the beginning. I too am LDS, so when someone from our community goes missing, it is hard to not sit up and pay attention. My heart has hurt so much for Susan’s boys. I have been VERY suspicious of Josh from the beginning.

For those people who maybe lurk, but have not followed this case. Let me give you a rundown of information from the beginning:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lvv7QsyyeQCAbBf1UgeQo_zESRC28S_sYTEYBrSUr1k/edit?hl=en_US

Excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member