SURPRISE HEARING Friday 18th August

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IIRC, Damien was abused and raped by guards, which is why his suit was rejected by the courts. Does anyone believe that LE officials always tell the truth? Does anyone believe that LE officials don't take care of their own? Just because his suit didn't succeed does not mean that the events he described did not take place. They did, and they are pretty common in prison, whether by prisoners or guards.

As to why LE didn't seek help from outside agencies, they were being investigated themselves by the FBI, so I seriously doubt that they would want to call them in. At the time, the WMPD drug task force was under investigation by the FBI for the disappearance of drugs and money from custody. Some members of the force lost their jobs as a result of the investigation, IIRC.

Probation is not parole. The judge's language at the hearing was a ten year "suspended sentence." The "SIS" means "suspended imposition of sentence." The point here is that they have no travel restrictions, and they do not have to report periodically to a PO.

Taunting behavior is not evidence of mental illness or of anything other than bad teenaged behavior, as I said before. And bad teenaged behavior is not evidence of guilt. It is just bad behavior.

As to the drugs, his mother maintained that he took the drugs. Damien himself said in his book, Almost Home, that he took the drugs until he was forced to go off of them "cold turkey" when on Death Row. During the trial, he was taking them but was forced to stop at the time of his incarceration on Death Row.

I don't see what's wrong with his reading lots of books. As to being able to tune out the din around him, he practiced meditation techniques. He has discussed this at some length in letters he wrote from prison which are posted here: http://www.freewestmemphis3.org/ind...ent&view=category&layout=blog&id=38&Itemid=89

As to the comment about a swanky hotel and celebrities at a party, if it happened, they deserve it. They were just released from prison where they had been for 18 years for crimes that they did not commit. They are entitled to a little luxury.

As to seclusion, with one father threatening Damien on television and having to be thrown out of court during the hearing, I hope they are well protected. There are still a lot of nuts out there that think they're guilty. And, if something happened to them, you can bet your butt that the families would file a wrongful death suit against the State of Arkansas that would be pretty costly. Of course, Arkansas doesn't want that to happen. So, I'm pretty sure that they'll be well protected until they can get out of that State for good!

BBM

Me. I have bi-polar disorder and I've never once thought about hurting another person for something they did to me. There are varying degrees of bi-polar disorder and some turn the depressive stage inward and others outward. I wasn't on medication for it for approx. 40 years and since I've been on it my manic levels have pretty much evened out, except that I still get very depressed at times. The manic phases have been curbed more than the depressive phases.

Just because Damien is bi-polar it doesn't make him a murderer. It P.O.'s me to no end when jerks try to use it as an excuse for crimes. Bi-polar disorder doesn't stop you from knowing right from wrong. The fact that so many try to use it makes it seem like it might be true. Repeat a lie enough and it becomes truth. JMO

<respectfully snipped to address the portion in reply to my post>

My post was directed in response to the poster who said someone can "outgrow" a mental illness. I do not believe that is true. Furthermore, I believe people with a mental illness can lead a healthy normal life if the illness is treated. Sadly many do not for various reasons. Denial, financial issues, support, etc

I never said mental illness causes someone to commit murder, however we have seen many cases if UNTREATED can cause someone to go over the edge either by hurting themselves or loved ones or strangers.

From what I understand, there are psychiatric evaluations reports on Damien Echols and IIRC, diagnosis was psychosis. Left untreated is a huge risk.

No, he won't outgrow it. Ever.

IIRC, Damien was abused and raped by guards, which is why his suit was rejected by the courts. Does anyone believe that LE officials always tell the truth? Does anyone believe that LE officials don't take care of their own? Just because his suit didn't succeed does not mean that the events he described did not take place. They did, and they are pretty common in prison, whether by prisoners or guards.

As to why LE didn't seek help from outside agencies, they were being investigated themselves by the FBI, so I seriously doubt that they would want to call them in. At the time, the WMPD drug task force was under investigation by the FBI for the disappearance of drugs and money from custody. Some members of the force lost their jobs as a result of the investigation, IIRC.

Probation is not parole. The judge's language at the hearing was a ten year "suspended sentence." The "SIS" means "suspended imposition of sentence." The point here is that they have no travel restrictions, and they do not have to report periodically to a PO.

Taunting behavior is not evidence of mental illness or of anything other than bad teenaged behavior, as I said before. And bad teenaged behavior is not evidence of guilt. It is just bad behavior.

As to the drugs, his mother maintained that he took the drugs. Damien himself said in his book, Almost Home, that he took the drugs until he was forced to go off of them "cold turkey" when on Death Row. During the trial, he was taking them but was forced to stop at the time of his incarceration on Death Row.

I don't see what's wrong with his reading lots of books. As to being able to tune out the din around him, he practiced meditation techniques. He has discussed this at some length in letters he wrote from prison which are posted here: http://www.freewestmemphis3.org/ind...ent&view=category&layout=blog&id=38&Itemid=89

As to the comment about a swanky hotel and celebrities at a party, if it happened, they deserve it. They were just released from prison where they had been for 18 years for crimes that they did not commit. They are entitled to a little luxury.

As to seclusion, with one father threatening Damien on television and having to be thrown out of court during the hearing, I hope they are well protected. There are still a lot of nuts out there that think they're guilty. And, if something happened to them, you can bet your butt that the families would file a wrongful death suit against the State of Arkansas that would be pretty costly. Of course, Arkansas doesn't want that to happen. So, I'm pretty sure that they'll be well protected until they can get out of that State for good!

If you read this; http://www.jivepuppi.com/meek.html You can see how officer Meek's story changes over time. It seems to me the police created evidence to make the case stronger. Nobody knows who told the police a knife had been disposed of in that lake. It's also amazing how quickly they found it. It's my belief that this was added to the case in order to make it stronger. I think the knife was definitely a plant. JMO

<respectfully snipped to address the portion in reply to my post>

My post was directed in response to the poster who said someone can "outgrow" a mental illness. I do not believe that is true. Furthermore, I believe people with a mental illness can lead a healthy normal life if the illness is treated. Sadly many do not for various reasons. Denial, financial issues, support, etc

I never said mental illness causes someone to commit murder, however we have seen many cases if UNTREATED can cause someone to go over the edge either by hurting themselves or loved ones or strangers.

From what I understand, there are psychiatric evaluations reports on Damien Echols and IIRC, diagnosis was psychosis. Left untreated is a huge risk.

No, he won't outgrow it. Ever.

I have a seizure disorder that when I was a child was treated with Phenobarbital. They had to take me off of the med before puberty because if I continued to take it during puberty I would have had to take it for the rest of my life. I've hadn't had a bad seizure since. About 6 years ago I lost control of the left side of my body and after an EEG they put me on Lamictal and I haven't had a problem since. So yes it it possible to not have problems after a childhood of problems.

BTW, my belief in the manufacturing of evidence is strengthened by the state wanting to destroy the evidence. I think they have something to hide. JMO

I have a seizure disorder that when I was a child was treated with Phenobarbital. They had to take me off of the med before puberty because if I continued to take it during puberty I would have had to take it for the rest of my life. I've hadn't had a bad seizure since. About 6 years ago I lost control of the left side of my body and after an EEG they put me on Lamictal and I haven't had a problem since. So yes it it possible to not have problems after a childhood of problems.

Not mental illness. My son had childhood asthma and outgrew it. Not sure what the cause of your seizures were so can't comment.

I'll back off the topic now because I do not believe someone with a mental illness in childhood is suddenly cured as an adult.

BTW, my belief in the manufacturing of evidence is strengthened by the state wanting to destroy the evidence. I think they have something to hide. JMO

I thought destroying the evidence was a rumor? :waitasec:

It is, but I'd say that particular rumour has some basis, because as far as the State's concerned the case is definitively closed. I don't even see anything sinister about them destroying the remaining evidence, that would be fairly standard practice once a case is over.

It may have been. I should know better than just to take what someone says in a thread without a link as true. It still may be but I have no proof. I will say that the blood and mud taken from the fast food bathroom disappearing is very questionable to me.

In his book, DE stated that he was forced to go "cold turkey" from his meds upon entering death row. The Eighth Amendment's prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment has been argued to prevent states from executing insane prisoners. There was a chance of DE becoming psychotic again (he was diagnosed Manic Depression and was hospitalized for a psychotic disorder). Removing him from his medication was therefore, not logical. Was this a true statement from DE? Does the state of Arkansas remove all their death row prisoners from their psych meds?

The purported rape had nothing what so ever to do with prison guards, and everything to do with 2 death row inmates, Damien Echols and Mark Gardner, now executed. While the actual article from the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette is no longer directly available, it is available here in its entirety: http://westmemphishomicidesdiscussion.yuku.com/topic/1326/Re-Mark-Gardner-WHAT-Echols-lied?page=-1

Scroll down. The article begins here:
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
June 7, 1995, Wednesday
SECTION: NEWS ; Pg. 2B
LENGTH: 391 words
HEADLINE: CLAIM OF RAPE ON DEATH ROW MAY BE HOAX
BYLINE: RAY PIERCE, Democrat-Gazette Pine Bluff Bureau
DATELINE: PINE BLUFF

I'm just posting to set the record straight.

Michael Moore, Steven Branch jr., and Christopher Byers.
The luxury bus taking them away to a secluded location was a hearse.

The entire proceedings yesterday shocked the heck out of me. I personally feel the WM3 were railroaded. But, I thought the state of Arkansas would blocked every move towards exoneration. I have never heard of an Alford plea in any case involoving a homicide, let alone 3 homicides.

Henry Alford him was charged with murder.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT/REQUEST

When you alert on a post-please don't quote it also LOL. It makes a lot of work for the mods if people alert a post then quote it all the way through the thread.Either it is in violation and should not be responded to or it isn't.

Rule of thumb-if you think it is in violation and you report it don't respond to it directly or indirectly.

It is, but I'd say that particular rumour has some basis, because as far as the State's concerned the case is definitively closed. I don't even see anything sinister about them destroying the remaining evidence, that would be fairly standard practice once a case is over.

I would have to think the defense would want some of the evidence preserved if they will go forward in proving innocence? :twocents:

I had never watched Paradise Lost on youtube about the case. I was horrified, they actually show the bodies of these precious murdered boys. I have no idea why that was done, or allowed, and God bless the parents and families of these murdered innocents. Sorry just had to say it. I believe Jessie and Damien and Jason are innocent, but just sickened this is "out there" for the little boys families to have to see or hear about :(

Congratulations on your success with Lamictal.

You had a form of idiopathic seizures as a child. By staying compliant with antiepileptic drugs during your early childhood, it was hoped that the medication would essentially &#8220;teach&#8221; the brain neurons to fire correctly (not have seizures). Sadly, it has never been shown that individuals grow out of Manic Depression. This is a chronic disorder. With social support, medicine, and counseling, the problems associated with bipolar disorder can be greatly diminished.

294360_10150344137653764_113238993763_9697371_4775803_n.jpg
<image as is posted upthread>

This IMO is here in downtown Memphis atop the rooftop of the historical Peabody hotel.. Was this from last evening??
Just was curious if this where possibly they had the celebrity entertainment for the new found freedom men.. As this IMO would be a logical conclusion as Thursday nights during summer months here in Mmephis they have Peabody rooftop parties many of which I've personally attended and more than appropriate location for entertainment to have been accommodated for the celebration.. As every Thursday night for the rooftop parties there is always live entertainment(even full and elaborate bands with their set ups) that is included there atop this rooftop.. Beautiful view of downtown Memphis with clear view of the Memphis/Arkansas Bridge which separates the 4 short miles from downtown Memphis to West Memphis, Arkansas..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back