Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What I can't get over is the idea that WG thought everything was okay since JM put his arm around HG. I don't know about you, but if saw a guy that looked like that approach someone like HG, I would be very worried about her.

This is interesting. Can you be specific? Thanks.

I think it's likely that the phone just ran out of battery power. BUt LE does have JM's phone, from what I've read.

Umm. that is eerie. Could be JM got the idea from that. We'll see if there is a DNA connection soon with that case. Was MH's phone found without battery? That's really bad that Hannah's was. If found near Tempo's and the dead time can be traced, it's pretty clear that JM had something to do with that. Wonder if that was what led to the Abduction with intent to defile charge. I can't see any good reason for Hannah to remove the battery of her phone. Just dropped with battery intact, could have happened. Without battery in it right before going for a ride with JM, doesn't look good for JM, IMO.

I must have missed something didn't know HG phone had been found?

oops playing catch up on threads ....phone has not been found.

RE: JM CATCHING UP TO HG

On one of the other threads (last week?) someone local mentioned that there was some sort of an intersection between Tempo and Tuels and it was possible HG & others may have stopped for a car passing through. That would have given JM enough time to catch up if she was there waiting, and time for WG to have made more observations.

I've seen some thoughts that maybe the staff/ownership of Tempo wasn't being totally honest about whether HG went in bar or not for fear of reprimand and I just want to comment on that..JMO but I would like to think that knowing a young girls life could possibly be lost or saved with any truthful information you could give you would not hold back info to save your own butt..I try to be more optimistic about society than that..I know I probably shouldn't be but just a thought..

There is no chance a tracking dog identified her scent three days after the fact, in an urban area, on concrete. Much less having started on a track and then "lost it". Sounds like more bloodhound mythmaking to me.
This was posted 5 days after she went missing:

"Search crews are being given out new assignments around water street garage. Dogs picked up Hannah's scent toward there @wsls"

https://twitter.com/AnandaRochita/status/512302755374198784

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tesville-13-Sept-2014&p=10969937#post10969937

I must have missed something didn't know HG phone had been found?

Wasn't. I misunderstood. It was that other case where the phone was found without battery. Hannah's phone went dead around the time she left with JM but it has not been found. COuld be her phone just ran out of battery power. Morgan H's phone was found without its battery, apparently.

he paid for the mystery $7 drinks at 1.09am (credit card receipt)
He was seen leaving 1.40am-1.45 (Abby the bouncer)

There is more than 15 minutes at play, more like 30-35
So is it the bouncer who said HG was outside waiting for JM even though she could barely stand up and now the time went from 15 minutes to half an hour to 45 minutes?

I've seen some thoughts that maybe the staff/ownership of Tempo wasn't being totally honest about whether HG went in bar or not for fear of reprimand and I just want to comment on that..JMO but I would like to think that knowing a young girls life could possibly be lost or saved with any truthful information you could give you would not hold back info to save your own butt..I try to be more optimistic about society than that..I know I probably shouldn't be but just a thought..

I'd like to think that as well, but I've discovered people never fail to disappoint me. Heck, I disappoint myself a lot.

There is no chance a tracking dog identified her scent three days after the fact, in an urban area, on concrete. Much less having started on a track and then "lost it". Sounds like more bloodhound mythmaking to me.
Is that so? Thought I read dog scent of Hannah was tracked and ended near a garage. I have no idea what the limitations and compacities of these dogs are. I wonder if they were introduced to JM's car and how they reacted.

Tempo.jpg
The side door is on the left in this image, and the main entrance door is where you see the sidewalk sign. I imagine that's where Abby the ID Checker was standing, and the side door is where she says she saw JL exiting. Both entrances face 5th Street. Behind this is a narrow alley way with dumpsters, so the smoking section must've been right here in front of the building. If HG was hanging outside waiting for JL, she most likely would've been standing right here in this area. I see no reason for her to be around the corner on Water St. I wonder how many people were outside mingling that night.

Do we know what section of 4th St. JL parked his car on? Was it 4th and Water St.? If so, why did he and HG walk back towards the Mall? I think it would've been faster to walk to the corner of Water St. and then walk one block down.

View attachment 60144
The side door is on the left in this image, and the main entrance door is where you see the sidewalk sign. I imagine that's where Abby the ID Checker was standing, and the side door is where she says she saw JL exiting. Both entrances face 5th Street. Behind this is a narrow alley way with dumpsters, so the smoking section must've been right here in front of the building. If HG was hanging outside waiting for JL, she most likely would've been standing right here in this area. I see no reason for her to be around the corner on Water St. I wonder how many people were outside mingling that night.

Do we know what section of 4th St. JL parked his car on? Was it 4th and Water St.? If so, why did he and HG walk back towards the Mall? I think it would've been faster to walk to the corner of Water St. and then walk one block down.

BBM
There seemed to be a lot of people out and about at 1:00am per the surveillance videos. It does seem strange.

bbm
Exactly! It doesn't make sense- JM must have nearly knocked that group over, bolted past WG to get to her when we see them next, 2 minutes later in the Huel's video with arm around her

I think it is interesting how most of the mall videos cut off while JM is still behind the group in front of him. This video is a little longer version and you see JM staring to speed up and pass some of the members of the group:

http://www.nbc29.com/category/17556...rt=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10602905

Does anyone feel that LE was purposely attempting to make JM feel that he was not a POI so that he, upon recognizing himself in the video, would feel comfortable coming in and talking to them. We had the Daily Mail article stating that JM was not a POI, and we had a false description attributable to WG. I don't believe the police investigators thought that HG was walking alone in the jewelry store video and they were just seeing a reflection. They are trained to look at these videos for clues. If we could make out what was going on in these videos, they surely could as well. For all we know, LE had longer, more enhanced versions of these videos. I think they definitely wanted to talk to JM and were doing everything they could to get JM in to tell his story. Why else would they cut off the Sal's video right before JM started to speed up? The above video was released later.

If that Coy Barefoot article is legit then she wouldn't have been carded bc she never tried to get in..she just waited outside for JLM to do his business and come back according to the people he interviewed..

Right...I understand that

What I and a lot of other posters have a problem with is her waiting outside for 35 minutes alone. If JLM was hoping to take advantage of her then it seems he wouldnt take the chance on her leaving. Not to mention thats pretty rude.

His purchase that night, 2 drinks then paying the tab immediately, suggests hes in a hurry...otherwise why not keep the tab open?

Yet according to the doorman hes inside for 35 minutes..I couldve drunk 6 beers in that time.......just doesnt make sense.

My problems with Tempo and especially the Coy article of the events.

10:00 pm- Abby goes on duty at Tempo proofing customers at the door. JM is in The Lazy Parrot Grill and has one drink. It's on video and Visa.

11:45 pm- JM is in The Blue Light Grill, meets a friend there and the friend's group. No info on alcohol consumed. Photos taken at 11:55 and 12:05.

12:05-12:18 (sometime in that range) JM goes to Tempo with his friend and his friends group.

12:18 JM is in Tempo with a friend and the friend's group and buys 3 shots of bourbon at 12:18 according to Visa charge, he drinks one and hands 2 out, according to friend.

The friend and group leave, JM stays at Tempo. Abby (the carder) remembers him because he was dancing around outside, getting sweaty. There was a crowd outside, but she remembers him because he was bumping into people and "he was out of place." JM went inside alone, but would come out bumming cigarettes off people. British husband reprimands JM outside, JM sits on curb (no chairs?) to smoke, then gets up and leaves at 12:45 (approx).

1:00-1:09 Abby doesn't remember JM returning, or seeing Hannah with him, yet he opened a bar tab at 1:09, ordered 2 house drinks, closed his tab at 1:10 according to Visa receipt. No one remembers him ordering the drinks, drinking the drinks, or taking the drinks outside. No one remembers seeing Hannah inside or outside.

1:45 After last call. Abby remembers "that obnoxious guy" JM, "he came out the side door" and he walked by "with his arm around a girl."

Text with quotes are quotes from the article. JM doesn't seem to drink enough to be drunk. Not at 6'2" and 270 lbs. In the video interview the owner remembers JM the first time he was inside, but has amnesia after that. The owner also claims he was at the door with Abby proofing people but only Abby remembers JM coming in alone the second time, and neither remembers the third time when Hannah was placed in that area.

Only one person puts JM and Hannah in Tempo for those last 2 drinks. One article I read said that when JM went to the police station on Saturday he said he was in Tempo and bought Hannah a drink, then asked for a lawyer. So much info has been wrong, I don't know if that's true. But if so, he did give some info to police.

Everyone else in and around Tempo cannot recall either of them inside. And if there are no seats outside, where was Hannah? I wonder if the owner was actually at the door, and Hannah heard his French accent, maybe she spoke to him in French. Maybe he thought, "Finally, someone with class" and let her in.

Abby, who has such great recall early on, and after last call, also has amnesia for the most important time of the night. And if Abby saw JM come out the side door, isn't it obvious he was inside? And if he walked by her with his arm on Hannah's back, don't you think she was probably inside too? After all, there was nowhere to sit outside and Abby didn't recall Hannah sitting on the curb or dancing.

This is important. Suppose that drink was the drink that put her over the limit and left her vulnerable? She had to have been sobering up by the time she got to Tempo, but once there, she drank again.

Right...I understand that

What I and a lot of other posters have a problem with is her waiting outside for 35 minutes alone. If JLM was hoping to take advantage of her then it seems he wouldnt take the chance on her leaving. Not to mention thats pretty rude.

His purchase that night, 2 drinks then paying the tab immediately, suggests hes in a hurry...otherwise why not keep the tab open?

Yet according to the doorman hes inside for 35 minutes..I couldve drank 6 beers in that time.......just doesnt make sense.

I agree....wondering could JM have let HG in the side door once he was in??? Then they both exit the side door.

LE said they have "at least one witness" that places HG inside Tempo. LE may have more witnesses as they seem to feel confident that she was in Tempo. LE sees no value in disputing this matter in the media, they will wait for the trial to bring forth their evidence. They may even have video from other establishments.

With an iPhone though he would not have been able to quickly just remove the battery..especially not to give the phone back to her in the same shape as it was before..

I'm reading that iPhone batteries can't be removed? If not, I think a signal could be lost just by turning the phone off, or if the battery died. Or....maybe the phone was thrown in a dumpster or down a sewer drain.

Lets not forget JLM ordered 3 shots of Bourbon earlier in the night at Tempos, drinking one and giving the other two away.

Why the switch to beer?

Did anyone notice him "double fisting" the bottles that night?

That too, seems completely incongruous given the account of the woman named "Molly" in Coy's article. Its also corroborated by other witnesses who say JLM had issues with personal boundaries and was '"touchie feely" Molly said he couldnt stop touching her or her friend............... and he would need at least one hand free to do that.

Exactly! I'm confused as to why they would have been headed back towards Main St., as well. And if they were, wouldn't they have been caught on surveillance video if they re-entered the pedestrian mall?

I have not found a source anywhere that states where JLM's car was parked, but in the PC, Longo implied that JLM was parked on 4th St. when he was appealing to the public to please come forward, since he believed somebody would have seen him get out of the car and get back in the car.

And as for xenon's comment above about the bloodhounds: Yes, they brought in bloodhounds to search. Her scent was picked up outside of McGrady's pub, and later a news agency reported that bloodhounds had tracked her scent on the Downtown Mall on Tuesday, Sept.16th.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapturedOnCamera
Back