Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At multiple press conferences, police have said that they thought she was lost and disoriented, and that she was intoxicated. Longo has led me to believe that he thinks she had had a lot to drink that night. But even if police have said she didn't look lost (speaking to her belief about her situation), I think they believe that she WAS lost.

They are building a case.

Having a meeting to "get their story straight" I'm pretty sure would send people to jail, so for their sake I hope they didn't :)
They could easily have had a staff meeting and discussed the situation. Im pretty sure that's not illegal...

What if she got to McGradys and wasn't on the list and that's why she didn't get in vs not having a fake ID? Maybe she went there hoping to find someone she knew not realizing there was an event going on that she couldn't get into? That could be an explanation of how she could have got in Tempo and ordered another drink (if that's what happened).
I am also starting to wonder if she had a fake id. Maybe mcgradys wasn't willing to let her in on a fake, and maybe tempo didnt catch it. Thats why letting her in didnt stand out in anybodys memory. Perhaps thays why when she leaves mcgradys it looks like shes putting stuff back into her back pocket.

There was a frat event at McGradys on the night in question. That's why I think it was an intentional stop. She was probably there to meet someone and then couldn't get in.

It just really does not make sense to me that she intentionally walked to McGrady's, even if there was a frat event that night. If that was the case, why would she have told her friends she was going to another party? Why wouldn't she have told them she was going to McGrady's? It's such a long walk to do by yourself, and I remember seeing somewhere she did not take main street (West Main) from the Corner to the downtown area, which would've a straight shot. Also, LE seems pretty convinced she did not intentionally go to McGrady's or downtown, probably because of what they've gathered from her friends (but haven't released to the public yet). I think she just got turned around after leaving one party on campus, and went the total opposite direction, walking through neighborhoods adjacent to campus and ended up at McGrady's. There are quite a few neighborhoods and side streets back in that area between the campus and McGrady's that all look very much alike, and I could easily see an intoxicated person getting lost around there. My guess is she was probably really confused when she suddenly realized she was near McGrady's, and attempted to get in there to see if she could find someone she knew. If she was drinking heavily, or taking shots at the last party she was at, it's very possible she was somewhat fine as she walked to that area, then 30 minutes later the liquor/drinks caught up to her and she got disoriented and walked to the mall thinking she was heading back to the corner area. Maybe if she was that drunk, the downtown brick pedestrian mall somewhat resembled the bar area of the Corner to her so she thought she was back near where she started? JMO.
I remember when I was in college and didn't know my limits or how certain types of alcohol would affect me, there were times I took jello shots, or drank "jungle juice" at a house party, not really knowing exactly what was in it and ended up getting a lot more drunk that I intended. Thinking back, I was very naieve and EXTREMELY lucky I was never roofied or taken advantage of. A lot of college students make "jungle Juice" or whatever they call it these days with Everclear, Mad Dog, Wild Irish Rose, Bacardi 151 - pretty much the most hardcore stuff they can buy, and then add a bunch more sugary non alcoholic drinks to make it taste sweet. They put it all together in a giant cooler or bucket and serve it as the party punch. You drink two of those expecting to feel similar effects of having two beers, but really you just downed about 6 shots of very strong liquor.

That actually makes a lot of sense to me, especially since McGrady's hosts frat events so is obviously somewhat frequented by college students and the door staff is used to scrutinizing ID's. Tempo on the other hand, is downtown where the locals and older crowd hang out. The door person there is probably used to the older crowd and although they do check ID's, they are likely less suspicious of the ID's they see. JMO. When I go out, I only go to the downtown area and every time my ID is checked, it's very quickly scanned and handed back, sometimes without even making eye contact. Or maybe I just look very obviously over 21. However, I do still get carded when I buy wine at the grocery store...so there's that. :dance:

The only problem with this is that police say she was walking with a purpose, she wasn't walking like she was lost.

We are often taught in personal safety courses to walk as if we have a purpose and know where we are going, whether we do or not. I lived in NYC for 25 years, and I always walked fast, with purpose when I was out alone at night.

I will never understand...if she was IN Tempo... how is there not ONE patron that can say she was... it seems very difficult that nobody would notice a near 6ft tall female with a midriff sequined shirt on...

BBM

I think his behavior shows he pretty much reacts very much on impulse and doesn't plan much Clearly he and Hannah "parted ways"; she's not with him now and hasn't been for a while. What's of interest is when, where and how. I don't think he was planning much ahead and that is where LE has some advantage in finding Hannah. I don't think he expected things to end with Hannah missing and everyone looking for her and him. His reactions are totally those of someone who has not put much thought into them Caught in Galveston, TX, for goodness sakes, that quickly? Really. Not the greatest mind around with that escape. Giving the LE a reason for a warrent while they were trying to figure how to nab him legally with that reckless driving when he KNEW they were following him. Not very bright at all

As a result, I'm not that impressed with LE here. So far they didn't get enough to charge him even after witnesses stepped up and ided him for them, which is clearly how they got him and his car. No big deal police work here. Thier info ends with the surveillance camera footage and the Tempo sightings. Let's see what kind of things they can come up with on their own. I don't think there is any big effort made to hide Hannah; this is a careless, short sighted person here. Goes totally on impulse as you say, or close to it

I also get the feeling that he might have done this in the past with other women and gotten away with it Whether he slips somehting in their drinks to facilitate this, charms them into sex with him, or he's been lucky enough that they don't want to report the encounter given what it entails to press rape charges, he may well be operating this way. I am hopeful women who have been so victimized by him step up now as well as chums of his who might have heard him bragging speak up about this if he has been doing this as recreation.

Something went horribly wrong with this pick up. Whether it was due to JM directly, or if he dumped her off somewhere and Hannah didn't make it back for some other reason, I don't believe he intended to find a girl, rape her and kill her when he started out with Hannah.

Have you seen the latest? Police have now confirmed that JM has been forensically linked to the MH murder. So maybe this is more than just a random pick-up gone wrong.

All of the MH info is being posted in the MH thread, a possible victim

Jmo I worked in restaurants/hotels for years but never in a place where everyone would agree to "lie" about something so serious as a police investigation. Makes no sense to me that everyone involved would agree to "mis-remember" as if that happened, it will surely come out, jmo.

Jmo I worked in restaurants/hotels for years but never in a place where everyone would agree to "lie" about something so serious as a police investigation. Makes no sense to me that everyone involved would agree to "mis-remember" as if that happened, it will surely come out, jmo.

I agree with you. Lying to LE in a criminal matter can have very serious consequences. I don't an explanation right now for the varying accounts of what happened between HG and JM at Tempo. I think we need more information about a lot of things before we will be able to figure it out. I am sure LE is working on that -- but it may be a long time before the public knows the details.

any chance jm was in mcgradys and the footage on the cctv is cut and added back together to make it look like HG didn't go in? Are there any gaps in his timeline?

they did weird speeding up and cutting of the Elisa lam cctv footage before they released it?

I agree with you. Lying to LE in a criminal matter can have very serious consequences. I don't an explanation right now for the varying accounts of what happened between HG and JM at Tempo. I think we need more information about a lot of things before we will be able to figure it out. I am sure LE is working on that -- but it may be a long time before the public knows the details.
Saying you don't remember something isn't necessarily lying, and impossible to prove as a lie.
I think it's pretty obvious that the Tempo staff is more concerned about their own interests, you know, their jovial atmosphere....

Saying you don't remember something isn't necessarily lying, and impossible to prove as a lie.
I think it's pretty obvious that the Tempo staff is more concerned about their own interests, you know, their jovial atmosphere....
I think it would be a mistake to completely dismiss what the Tempo staff has said to the press. At this point, we don't know that they lied. More importantly, the best lies are those which mix the truth in with the lies. One think I would be interested in is whether JM was in the bar at 1:10 (with or without HG), left, and then returned a little later. That would mean something entirely different. And it could also point to the involvement of others who may have earlier been on the Mall.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back