Teresa N., Haleigh's paternal grandmother #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo, I don't think so. I think they would be asking her and trying to see if there could be something she has blocked out or forgotten. I don't think means they suspect her of anything, and if they do, I don't believe they would broadcast it.

I don't know them well enough to tell what they think or would broadcast but my point was simply that if they happened to suspect her, it would probably be betrayed in their day-to-day interactions, expressions and conversations with Misty in numerous ways, and Misty would very likely be able to sense that they suspect her, whether or not they said so to Nancy Grace. Nobody can pretend convincingly all the time when they live close together.

I feel sorry for TN too, but a lot of that pain and anguish could be guilt that the little Miss Perfect Mom wasn't quite so perfect after all and that Ron should never have trusted her. And one of the things that bothers me is, Misty was praised so highly right around the time of the wedding, but now they suspect she is not telling the truth? What brought that sudden revelation on? Surely they could see some of this deception way back in Feb., couldn't they? Did Misty have them all fooled until the LDT results came out recently? Funny... they live with her and can't see it, but we could all see it from Day One. Imagine that!
Why would a mother claim that this teenage girl is the best thing since sliced bread, and turn around 6 months later and think she's lying, but still support her? Why would they even approve of that wedding to start with? If one of my boys did something this stupid, I would slap him upside the head till his ears rang! Oh, and claim it's what Haleigh "would have wanted." Lordy, lordy... these people just astound me.

Post of the day, Tex. :clap:

Debs, Teresa is 46? I didn't know that....

(respectfully snipped for space)

That Mz. Nancy thing is sticking in so many craws because it just doesn't sound right. Not in the North, the MidWest, the West. or even the South.

I agree, it sounded weird as heck.

"Ms. Grace" would've been more appropriate and respectful. In the south, "Mr./Ms. first name" is typically used when the last name of the person being addressed is not known. Of course there are always exceptions, sometimes certain folks may prefer to be called "Mr./Ms. first name".

Whatever the case, "Miz" is definitely not the norm. Sounds like something you'd hear on Amos and Andy.

"Ms. Grace" would've been more appropriate and respectful. In the south, "Mr./Ms. first name" is typically used when the last name of the person being addressed is not known. Of course there are always exceptions, sometimes certain folks may prefer to be called "Mr./Ms. first name".

Whatever the case, "Miz" is definitely not the norm. Sounds like something you'd hear on Amos and Andy.
I am deepy offended by that remark. :furious:

I thought it was wierd the first time I heard it too, snookie! I was brought up in the NE where this form of address is not used. One of the project reps where I worked called me Miz and my first name. At first I thought he was kidding me, but then I heard him addressing a female manager the same way. This young man was very well mannered and grew up in a southern state. It's the way he was taught to address an older woman or a woman of some stature and is considered respectful.

Might not be the norm where you live but where I grew up it is the norm.

I don't know why 3 pages have been wasted talking about Teresa calling Nancy, Ms. Nancy. Does this have anything to do with Haleigh being missing or just nit pickin'?

Might not be the norm where you live but where I grew up it is the norm.
I was referring to what is the norm in Ron and Teresa's neck of the woods.

I don't know why 3 pages have been wasted talking about Teresa calling Nancy, Ms. Nancy. Does this have anything to do with Haleigh being missing or just nit pickin'?
A lot of folks who are from the same general area as Teresa and Ron found their use of "Miz Nancy" odd. To many people, it made them sound as if they were sucking up.. it did not sound genuine at all.

When people do not sound genuine, it often makes others a bit suspicious of them.

That's why so many people are discussing it.

HTH :)

I thought it was wierd the first time I heard it too, snookie! I was brought up in the NE where this form of address is not used. One of the project reps where I worked called me Miz and my first name. At first I thought he was kidding me, but then I heard him addressing a female manager the same way. This young man was very well mannered and grew up in a southern state. It's the way he was taught to address an older woman or a woman of some stature and is considered respectful.
I was born in texas ofcourse and we are raised to respect people on general terms such as miss before their name. Our children are tought in daycare to call their teachers miss and their first name and that follows through in the schools.
ETA Also TN's job would have conditioned her to be respectfull also. True souther individuals do have manners no matter how much money they don't have.

In reading this I think the reason Nancy Grace didn't nail TN up against a wall on why she hasn't come down hard on Misty is because she knows what most people know. If TN or another person nails Misty up against a wall and starts trying to beat the truth out of her, Ron might just take Misty's side and then that family member wouldn't be able to take back what they said. They could be stopped from seeing JR. Maybe the police have explicitly warned them to keep back.

I think the reason NG was so hard on Crystal was because Crystal could be the one yelling and screaming and accusing Misty of hiding the truth and she wouldn't really have any love lossed between themselves. Unless she too is scared about Jr. She should be fighting for both of them hard. The squeeky wheel. Putting the pressure on Misty. This should be her number one job. I think the grandma is in too hard of a spot since she has to stick by her son and he's chosen to believe Misty. She's got her remaining grandson to protect too.

I was born in texas ofcourse and we are raised to respect people on general terms such as miss before their name. Our children are tought in daycare to call their teachers miss and their first name and that follows through in the schools.
ETA Also TN's job would have conditioned her to be respectfull also. True souther individuals do have manners no matter how much money they don't have.

That is all a student is allow to refer to a teacher in the public or private school systems is by Miss, Mrs. or Mr. My chidlrens friends, neighbor kids, all call me Mrs.

This is ridiculous. To end all talk, yes from Florida up through North Carolina border, ending in Virginia, it is done. I refer to all my elders, one year and above my age, as Mrs, Mr. or Miss and call them by their first names when children are present, or I'm in a servitude position.

It's called and known as, though obviously not taught enough, "The Honor System".

I have no problem with Ron and his Mother showing Nany honor in calling her Mrs. I think Teresa is setting a good example for Ron, that's why I do it especially in front of my babes. Heck, my 21 year old still calls me "Mommy" and sits in my lap in public. hehehehehe Of course, for some reason I haven't clued in on yet, I always relinquish some bucks out of my wallet about and near those times. Wonder if there's any correlations? :crazy:

I would like to see a thread, with current updates and a current timeline with just the facts associated with what we know to date in chronological order. This forum is so in need of that. Nothing is easily obtained.

It is not a term of servitude, it is something that people with good manners do anytime they are speaking to someone and its not a formal setting, but not a totally casual setting.
It is good, and polite to call a lady, Miss Lydia instead of Miss Jones in such a setting. Now if she was my teacher, I would say Miss Jones.

This is going to sound gruff and I don't want it to, but people from the North consider it silly and their children say huh, what, no, so and in my family that is just not acceptable.
Manners are good for everyone, and no one here thinks it sounds fake. JMO

Being a true southerner myself, north Florida specifically, I don't find it odd at all to hear RC addressing Nancy Grace as Miss Nancy. I have always referred to anyone older than me as Miss ____ (whatever their first name is) and have taught my children the same. My daughters grew up in their elementary schools referring to their teacher's as Miss _______. It's called being respectful to your elders.

It is not a term of servitude, it is something that people with good manners do anytime they are speaking to someone and its not a formal setting, but not a totally casual setting.
It is good, and polite to call a lady, Miss Lydia instead of Miss Jones in such a setting. Now if she was my teacher, I would say Miss Jones.

This is going to sound gruff and I don't want it to, but people from the North consider it silly and their children say huh, what, no, so and in my family that is just not acceptable.

As long as we are off topic anyway :) I got slapped growing up if I didn't say ma'am or sir and I got slapped if I said yeah or huh or what? or nope. It still sounds rude to me although it is the norm in most places and not rude at all. It's that operant conditioning, I guess LOL. I had a professor from Illinois last year who said school kids there would laugh if a teacher wanted to be called ma'am. I don't believe her, though.

By the way, slapping children in the face is plain wrong and my parents were abusive in that respect. Don't think I am condoning that as a training tool, because I absolutely am not. I still feel the shame I felt then when I'd get hit like that.

Ok that's all my OT for now.

I never said it was a term of servitude. I said when I'm in a position of servitude, I show honor meaning calling someone mrs or mr with their first names. You totally lost me on the "it's not a formal setting, but not a totally casual setting response. I think you are agreeing with me and don't even know it ugh!!

Being a true southerner myself, north Florida specifically, I don't find it odd at all to hear RC addressing Nancy Grace as Miss Nancy. I have always referred to anyone older than me as Miss ____ (whatever their first name is) and have taught my children the same. My daughters grew up in their elementary schools referring to their teacher's as Miss _______. It's called being respectful to your elders.

Well it's obviously caused a stir for some round here.
No matter what Ron does, or his family, the negative remarks here are becoming exceedingly annoying and uncalled for. This is not helping figure out the possible scenerios or events that may have occurred leading up to and the present state of this case. I'm sure Haleigh loved both sides of her family, and probably Misty too as children are so accepting and giving towards others.

I saw no purpose in TN's interview on Nancy last night, so I'm still stunned as to why do it. I hope TN realizes it wasn't of any help unless just keeping Haleighs name out there was her goal, which it did do that.

Well it's obviously caused a stir for some round here.
No matter what Ron does, or his family, the negative remarks here are becoming exceedingly annoying and uncalled for. This is not helping figure out the possible scenerios or events that may have occurred leading up to and the present state of this case. I'm sure Haleigh loved both sides of her family, and probably Misty too as children are so accepting and giving towards others.

I saw no purpose in TN's interview on Nancy last night, so I'm still stunned as to why do it. I hope TN realizes it wasn't of any help unless just keeping Haleighs name out there was her goal, which it did do that.
OffTopic on:
Maybe the site needs to be renamed webbashers.com insted of websleuths.com. :rolleyes:
OffTopic off:

I think it was to continue keeping Haleigh's name out there and to balance out the previous days' appearance of Marie and Crystal. TN answered the questions fairly gracefully, IMO, managing to give a decent sounding reply without really saying anything.

OffTopic on:
Maybe the site needs to be renamed webbashers.com insted of websleuths.com. :rolleyes:
OffTopic off:

I think it was to continue keeping Haleigh's name out there and to balance out the previous days' appearance of Marie and Crystal. TN answered the questions fairly gracefully, IMO, managing to give a decent sounding reply without really saying anything.

In TN's voice I could almost feel the tremor and un-certainty in her voice in that she wanted to answer to the best of her ability, but didn't want to step on any toes, or like she did say, "I don't want to say the wrong thing". Sort of felt sorry for her. We have no evidence TN is involved, she's the mother and grandmother, and she's in a horrible place to be.

Many of our great sleuthers of old aren't here anymore, don't know what or why. They were good at placing reasonable common sense theories out. In order to have a theory worth posting, it ought to have some sense to it, or at least a good reasoning behind the thinking. Even far fetched theories offered up in the past were good reading if it was delivered with the right intentions which was to solve the questions, and seek the truth for the crime victims. When that focus is lost on other agendas, the quality becomes poor, participation and interest wanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8