Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about that, too. At the least, I see him as an invested "lieutenant" and not someone frightened of or brainwashed by his dominating brother or a stoner who was barely cognizant of the events as they unfolded. All MOO

I used to think DT was just a tag along, stupid and obedient to his brother, but not anymore. He probably built the bombs.

Heard earlier on one of the news shows speculation that FBI will be looking to anything that might allow them to arrest KRT in order to put the squeeze on her. Did anyone else hear this?

Isabelle I heard that on AC 360, the same professor I had transcripted before said that:

but I suspect that the authorities are going to figure out some ground on which to actually arrest her and try to squeeze her and put pressure on her and see if she will cooperate more than she is currently cooperating. That would not surprise me. Alan M. Dershowitz

http://livedash.ark.com/transcript/anderson_cooper_360/49/CNN/Wednesday_May_1_2013/642734/

Devon, I searched your posts and couldn't find it. I am doubting a lot of so called evidence.

There is audio available of an eyewitness from the night of the shootout (a resident IIRC) who claims that the car that ran over TT was a police car, not DT. She seemed sure, so again, lots of questions. I'd have to try and find that again if you want a link but I can't right now because I have to go out. She was talking to a radio station as I recall.

Similarly, there is also somewhere a report about comments from one of the medical staff who witnessed or worked on TT at the hospital and he stated that there were no injuries consistent with TT being run over. Again, if anyone wants links I'll have to look for them this evening (UK time).

Not "similarly." The two conspiracy theories you posted in the same post contradict each other. If TT wasn't run over at all, how could he have been run over by a police car?

In case I missed this, as the TV is not that accurate, has the body of T.T.
been released, and is their going to be a Service somewhere, sometime, I do
not want those details, just about T.T. and his remains being released, I find the information much more accurate here than on the News.

Thank you!

I know the one you mean. It was a bag of empty fireworks found in a donation box (goodwill kind of box) outside Gerry's pizza

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/bosto...er-case/story?id=19063282&page=2#.UYH_C1sjrbE

Wondering whether the three friends got rid of that too?

Well, he didn't ask them to hide evidence, but he did tell them to go to his room and take what they wanted.

Which may have been an already established code. As in "if I call you and say take anything you want" it means hide evidence or literally, take any of my stuff because I'm not coming back (which could mean I'm planning to go down in a hail of bullets, or I may be away from home for 20-25 years).

My DH and I have a code "don't book the holiday yet" means he is being deployed and won't be home for 8 months. My brother and I also have a ginger code. If he rings and yells "ginger nuts" (like the biscuits, we are both gingers), it means I need to call the police. Maybe I just love codes too much and am over thinning how much planning there was:blushing:

Or he set his brother up to take the fall. Like, they made/stored everything at DT's under the guise of the baby/the wife being in the house. When really he wanted the fallout to hit squarely at his brothers feet.

Wondering if DT tried to set his friends up to muddy the whole story further. He sent the text "Take anything you want", hoping they would take the laptop and other incriminating things from his room, leaving their fingerprints all over, and sure enough they did.

Totally agree with your comments, except for the suggestion that KR should be charged with conspiracy. If it is established she actually intended to 'tip them off' then that's one thing, but I know that if I saw anyone close to me flashed up on TV as a suspected criminal I would immediately try to contact them with a 'WTF'? question.

That is the normal and natural response of someone stunned and disbelieving about what they're witnessing about someone close to them IMO. I really don't understand how people can suggest otherwise to be honest. Of course a call made for those reasons would still have the effect of 'tipping off' an actual criminal, but knowledge and intent require evidence, not just speculation.

I have a hard time believing she didn't notice anything at all in the weeks and months leading up to the bombings. I agree that I don't believe she was actually participating or helping but I'm nonetheless puzzled that LE goes so lightly on her. She could give them tons of crucial information if pressured. Moo.

Does everyone have to refresh after each "Thanks"?

I don't refresh, I just hope my thanks will get registered even if they often don't show right away.

In case I missed this, as the TV is not that accurate, has the body of T.T.
been released, and is their going to be a Service somewhere, sometime, I do
not want those details, just about T.T. and his remains being released, I find the information much more accurate here than on the News.

Thank you!

Not yet claimed. No service arranged yet, although uncles are working on it.

601704_10200210707923769_533995902_n.jpg

Jeff & Carlos

Such a sweet photo! I just want to hug these guys!

I agree that the media can often not be trusted to report accurately, but the version of 'Danny's' story that I have referred to as being materially different from that which the charging document alleges he told LE is from a 2 1/2 hour sit down interview with the Boston Globe in his own apartment, not gossip or misprinting. And by materially different I mean in crucial respects, not just minor details, as described in my previous posts.

I am just interested in knowing the truth about this awful event and will continue to question anything that doesn't seem credible.

What proof do you have that Danny conspired with the two T brothers?

What we DO know is that Danny was carjacked, and it was DANNY who ran into a store, asked the clerk for a phone and CALLED THE POLICE on the T brothers. If Danny was colluding with the bombers, why would he alert cops about his co-conspirators/friends/accomplices?

Also, from what DT has said so far, Danny was indeed a carjacked victim... <modsnip>

<modsnip> Danny was a carjacked victim. And his reporting the sighting of the bomber brothers and the carjacking to the cops helped cops capture the two murderous T brothers.

I've managed to convince a legal expert, Chinacat67 :cat:, into answering a few legal Q's on this thread :)

Here are my questions, Chinacat67:
1) Can the authorities compel older brother TT's wife to disclose privileged info regarding TT or is that a violation of her legal rights as his wife?
2) Is there a loophole around the law regarding spousal privilege?
3) Can TT's wife be charged with "obstruction of justice" by her having alerted TT that LE was pursuing him?
4) Or are her actions considered conduct in accordance with spousal privilege and therefore protects her from prosecution?
5) Did the Patriot Act conflict with mirandizing DT?
6) What is the Public Exception Rule to Miranda?
7) What is Quarles rule?
8) What does a "prophylactic rule" mean (e.g., in opinion at http://www.dorfonlaw.org/2013/04/the-scope-of-mirandas-public-safety.html)?

TIA

I agree about Danny.He is definitely a victim.
As for DT's friends,I'm not sure,I'm not buying they would throw away evidence just to not get DT into trouble.No matter how great of a friend if you start suspecting he is involved in something so horrendous I don't see them deliberately getting rid of evidence if they are not somehow involved as well.They definitely loved messing around with fireworks along with DT.Is it possible they helped build the bombs not knowing what they would be used for?Just rich college kids thinking it would be fun and completely freaking out when they realized what they involved themselves with?
I have such contradicting feelings about DT,I just can't imagine someone who seems so sensitive posting pictures about cats,sunsets and loving his little niece bringing so much torture,pain and death to innocent people!How is it possible? I know he saw himself as a Lion for Allah but how do you make that leap that someone who wanted to save lifes could so carelessly destroy them? I just don't get it.

How can someone wanting to save lives destroy them?
Happens all the time.
Craiglist killer was a medical student. Had a fiancee.
Yet allegedly committing armed robberies and killing a girl at the same time.

I agree that the cases against DT's 3 friends may prove straightforward to prosecute but I see nothing smooth or clear-cut about the bombing allegations, or what happened subsequently. There is a lot of conflicting information, differing official and 'eyewitness' accounts of what happened during the 'shootout' event and the capture of DT, strikingly differing accounts from the alleged carjack victim, the mystery of the attempted armed robbery at the 7/11 and the shooting of the MIT officer, many questions about the alleged movements and actions of TT and DT at the marathon event and about physical evidence etc.

Of course the investigators may have all the facts and evidence to prove that DT and TT did what is alleged, but that remains to be seen. MOO

One of the main witnesses was a man who had his legs blown off. Prior to the explosion he saw one of the bombers put the backpack down near him. In fact, he said he looked into the bomber's eyes. He gave investigators a description of the bomber. This is the how and why police zeroed in on the T brothers. This was reported in the Wall Street Journal (you need a subscription to read article). JMO

Ask yourself what are the chances that there were video and photos of them at the bomb sites and then one of them was killed in Watertown after a chase and another found hiding in a boat in a backyard after a shoot out from a stolen car? TT also threw a pressure cooker bomb out the window at LE, during the chase and shoot out (this was another big clue). Then there were fireworks found empty of their gun powder, which were found in DT's dorm room by his friends. Along with the other eyewitness from Cambridge, who was carjacked, I do believe we have the bombers. There is tons of evidence in my opinion.

As for DT's friends,I'm not sure,I'm not buying they would throw away evidence just to not get DT into trouble.No matter how great of a friend if you start suspecting he is involved in something so horrendous I don't see them deliberately getting rid of evidence if they are not somehow involved as well.They definitely loved messing around with fireworks along with DT.Is it possible they helped build the bombs not knowing what they would be used for?Just rich college kids thinking it would be fun and completely freaking out when they realized what they involved themselves with?
I have such contradicting feelings about DT,I just can't imagine someone who seems so sensitive posting pictures about cats,sunsets and loving his little niece bringing so much torture,pain and death to innocent people!How is it possible? I know he saw himself as a Lion for Allah but how do you make that leap that someone who wanted to save lifes could so carelessly destroy them? I just don't get it.

I agree, it is hard to wrap your mind around. :-/ The capacity for evil is in the most seemingly benign person...and that is tough to come to terms with, though I do believe it.

I, too, suspect his friends may have been more involved (or at least known about) more than they are letting on. The photo of two of them with DT was taken in Times Square. No telling what was talked about on that trip.

And if you are told to take what you want, why would you take useless empty fireworks? Sounds to me like some sort of coded message.

DT's friends....I think you are underestimating them. They disposed of evidence, and lied to FBI to protect a bomber they knew.

Awesome post, ita.

Giuliani (aka Mr 9/11) and the rest of the hawks are out in full force trying to stir up the fear again. Folks would do well to remember that we have a better chance of dying in our own bathroom than we do in a terrorist incident.

I do disagree about the wife, however. My impression is that she probably called TT/DT and said something like "omg, your picture is on TV, they're looking for you about this bombing!" I think if they had anything more on her, she would have been in custody.

The college dopes, IMO, are just that. College dopes. Will serve no purpose to give them a heavy sentence.

I believe the 'college dopes' should get the sentence that is coming to them. They and others like then need to know that this is not allowed, not a free ticket to act again sometime in the future!

And if you are told to take what you want, why would you take useless empty fireworks? Sounds to me like some sort of coded message.

Only if you knew why the fireworks were empty and that your friend had a thing for making bombs.

Wondering whether the three friends got rid of that too?

Wondering if DT tried to set his friends up to muddy the whole story further. He sent the text "Take anything you want", hoping they would take the laptop and other incriminating things from his room, leaving their fingerprints all over, and sure enough they did.

I have a hard time believing she didn't notice anything at all in the weeks and months leading up to the bombings. I agree that I don't believe she was actually participating or helping but I'm nonetheless puzzled that LE goes so lightly on her. She could give them tons of crucial information if pressured. Moo.

I don't refresh, I just hope my thanks will get registered even if they often don't show right away.

If the friends of DT placed the bag in the bin near Gerry's, their cell phones would have pinged in that area? That would definitely show up since the university is a good distance from Gerry's. Certainly the FeeBee's are onto that!

Someone posted upthread that a guest on Greta's show last night said that the only reason you would take items from DT's room that related to the biggest crime in the US, is if they would implicate yourself. That is the most compelling argument to me that his three friends are part it. Granted, it might just be that they helped DT fire practice bombs down by the river, but that could be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member