Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is interesting that evidence that could/most probably would be linked to the bombing was so easily located in DT's dorm room and not secreted away. Compared to nothing of TT's involvement has been found. This is strange to me. I almost feel like someone cleaned up after TT.

Have they even searched for anything of TT's? The apt?

601704_10200210707923769_533995902_n.jpg

Jeff & Carlos

Here's a helpful timeline of activities involving DT and/or his friends.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/05/tsarnaev-friends-timeline/64785/

*It's noted in this timeline that "there is no mention in the complaint of Tsarnaev calling his friends and asking them to hide evidence, as had been reported." So...at least I know it had been previously reported--knew I'd read it somewhere! But apparently those earlier reports were [once again] wrong.

Unfortunately, media today is no longer about journalism with integrity. It's all about I-got-it-first. That's why I take everything they report with a big grain of salt until it's been confirmed.

Worse yet, wrong information shared by media becomes the warm bed for conspiracies. People run with bits and pieces of bad information and wild ideas spread like wildfires.

TT seems to have successfully covered his tracks as a bomb maker. Am very curious about the bag of unloaded fireworks found in the restaurant trash (I think I am remembering this right). Could that have been TT's and someone else removed it from wherever it was originally kept? Things that make you go hmmm!

I know the one you mean. It was a bag of empty fireworks found in a donation box (goodwill kind of box) outside Gerry's pizza

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/bosto...er-case/story?id=19063282&page=2#.UYH_C1sjrbE

Investigators were called to the parking lot of Gerry's Italian Kitchen on Belmont Street in Watertown. A Planet Aid driver had stumbled upon discarded fireworks in a donation bin there. Law enforcement sources told ABC News that the gunpowder had been emptied from the fireworks and the shells discarded in a shopping bag inside the bin. Investigators put the bins on a flatbed truck and drove them away as possible evidence in the bombing case.

I know the one you mean. It was a bag of empty fireworks found in a donation box (goodwill kind of box) outside Gerry's pizza

Yes! Wonder whose stash this was? Does anyone know what the proximity of Gerry's to any of the apartments/houses the cast of characters lived in?

ETA:

Gerry's is in Watertown.

Gerry's Pizza is 4 miles from Cambridge.

Well there's 3 markedly different descriptions of the fireworks allegedly belonging to DT in the charging documents, none of which really match the fireworks located in the bag from the landfill, as shown in the photo, so that should be fun to wade through in court. They all seem to still have their contents, except maybe the large tube at the rear.

I don't understand why Phillipos only got charged with lying/withholding evidence and the others got heavier charges, unless he agreed to give info. on the others in return for some leniency. They all allegedly confessed to going to DT's room and taking the bag and laptop and Phillipos may have claimed to have been asleep when the items were subsequently disposed of, but IMO it's hard to believe he would have had no idea that was going to be done. The difference in charges doesn't seem fair to me.

Phillipos actually has the possibility of an 8 year sentence while the other two have 5. This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Enough lives have been ruined and i see three more here for the crime of stupidity. I hope that someone in the govt comes up with a reasonable plea deal because i think they are nothing more than pawns of Johar and freaked out, prolly not even really believing it was him on one level, loyalty to a friend on another and no freaking idea that what they did was criminal

This was from an article published on 4/27/13:

"Two college buddies of his — Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev — have been interviewed at length, twice, by FBI agents and have cooperated fully, said Kadyrbayev's lawyer, Robert Stahl, a former federal prosecutor.

They were detained April 20 after being questioned in connection with the attacks, but are not suspects, Stahl said. They are being detained at a county jail in Boston for violating their student visas by not regularly attending classes, he said.

The two, both students from Kazakhstan, had nothing to do with the attack and had seen no hints that their friend harbored any violent or terrorist sympathies, Stahl said."

So Attorney Stahl is not just any attorney, he is a formal federal prosecutor. How interesting that a 19 year old non-citizen seems to have obtained what would seem to be a highly qualified defense attorney. And quickly.

They have had them for days, and as students on a visa its fairly likely their families have funds, the premium for students of another country to study at a university is high.

The other attorney. Again, certainly not your run-of-the-mill local guy. This one seems to be a really big hitter.

Harlan Protass has over sixteen years experience in the areas of criminal defense and governmental enforcement proceedings.

In his criminal practice, Harlan represents individuals and business organizations in federal and state court matters involving a broad spectrum of charges, such as securities fraud, insider trading, wire and mail fraud, money laundering, embezzlement and larceny, as well as RICO violations and tax offenses. His background in the financial services industry brings valuable insights to the defense of clients in investigations and enforcement proceedings brought by regulatory authorities ranging from the SEC and FINRA to the IRS and New York State Department of Taxation.

Recent representative matters include:

-- Represented a senior officer of a publicly traded company in high-profile insider trading investigation and prosecution

-- Successfully represented an executive of an international insurance company targeted for prosecution in a highly-publicized investigation by the New York Attorney General, which ultimately dropped its plan to pursue charges

-- Represented a construction company under investigation by the New York Department of Investigation, resulting in no adverse consequences to business operations

-- Persuaded government to drop charges of securities fraud and money laundering and instead permit client to plead guilty to a single count of making a false statement, resulting in non-custodial sentence

-- Negotiated a favorable plea agreement on behalf of an executive of a medical billing company charged with structuring financial transactions, resulting in a non-custodial sentence

-- Represented registered representative in parallel securities fraud investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission

-- Obtained non-custodial sentence for individual charged with RICO violations notwithstanding suggested guidelines of 21 to 27 months imprisonment

-- Represented former New York police officer charged with Hobbs Act robbery conspiracy

Wonder who is paying for these obviously high-priced attorneys?

Their families

Phillipos actually has the possibility of an 8 year sentence while the other two have 5. This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Enough lives have been ruined and i see three more here for the crime of stupidity. I hope that someone in the govt comes up with a reasonable plea deal because i think they are nothing more than pawns of Johar and freaked out, prolly not even really believing it was him on one level, loyalty to a friend on another and no freaking idea that what they did was criminal

That is IF as Giuliani and others discussed tonight on CNN, the charges don't elevate to the level of Conspiracy, which in Giuliani's opinion they should. Giuliana made it very clear that he feels if Phillipos etal had contacted authorities when they first suspected Johar might be the bomber (matched the FBI photo) then Officer Collier would still be alive.

It's of no help now, but Giuliani wants the charges to be Conspiracy.

Yes! Wonder whose stash this was? Does anyone know what the proximity of Gerry's to any of the apartments/houses the cast of characters lived in?

ETA:

Gerry's is in Watertown.

I find it interesting that on the day of triple murder (Sept 11, 2011) Gerry's were called with a food order. When delivery person arrived, nobody answered.

ETA:

Gerry's is in Watertown.

1074 Belmont St., Watertown, MA is Gerry's. Not so close to the Tsarnaev apt at 410 Norkfolk st.,in Cambridge. 17 min. drive time according to Mapquest

But haven't mapped it in relation to the new players, the 2 Kazacks , the dorm, or the other guy who went to the dorm and took DT's belongings.

JUst checked from Gerry's to 69aCarriage Drive in New Bedford (apt of 2 from Kazakstan). It's well over an hour to that drop boxat Gerry's, so not likely.

Isabelle--I heard that, too, though can't remember the source right off.

Here's a helpful timeline of activities involving DT and/or his friends.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/05/tsarnaev-friends-timeline/64785/

*It's noted in this timeline that "there is no mention in the complaint of Tsarnaev calling his friends and asking them to hide evidence, as had been reported." So...at least I know it had been previously reported--knew I'd read it somewhere! But apparently those earlier reports were [once again] wrong.

Well, he didn't ask them to hide evidence, but he did tell them to go to his room and take what they wanted.

Is it out of the realm of possibilities that DT was the ringleader?

I posted a few days ago that I thought he may be. After he ran his brother over it made me suspicious, as if he were trying to shut his brother up to hide just how involved he was. It easier to blame it all on the one who can't tell his side of the story. Not that I don't think TT was involved, just that he may have had a fair bit to say about DT's involvement.

It would also explain why mother doesn't seem to care much about DT. After all he killed "golden boy", possibly to save his own arse, and Mummy may think he dragged golden boy into it all.

anybody have the dorm address? Getting late & I'm wearing down, LOL

got it 285 Old Westport R., N. Dartmouth to Gerry's is well over an hour and 20 min.

Well, he didn't ask them to hide evidence, but he did tell them to go to his room and take what they wanted.

Which may have been an already established code. As in "if I call you and say take anything you want" it means hide evidence or literally, take any of my stuff because I'm not coming back (which could mean I'm planning to go down in a hail of bullets, or I may be away from home for 20-25 years).

My DH and I have a code "don't book the holiday yet" means he is being deployed and won't be home for 8 months. My brother and I also have a ginger code. If he rings and yells "ginger nuts" (like the biscuits, we are both gingers), it means I need to call the police. Maybe I just love codes too much and am over thinning how much planning there was:blushing:

I think it is interesting that evidence that could/most probably would be linked to the bombing was so easily located in DT's dorm room and not secreted away. Compared to nothing of TT's involvement has been found. This is strange to me. I almost feel like someone cleaned up after TT.

Or he set his brother up to take the fall. Like, they made/stored everything at DT's under the guise of the baby/the wife being in the house. When really he wanted the fallout to hit squarely at his brothers feet.

I posted a few days ago that I thought he may be. After he ran his brother over it made me suspicious, as if he were trying to shut his brother up to hide just how involved he was. It easier to blame it all on the one who can't tell his side of the story. Not that I don't think TT was involved, just that he may have had a fair bit to say about DT's involvement.

It would also explain why mother doesn't seem to care much about DT. After all he killed "golden boy", possibly to save his own arse, and Mummy may think he dragged golden boy into it all.

Anythings possible, but I think that her firstborn(TT) was always her favorite, always doing no wrong in her eyes., always handsome,always appearing the smarter of the two, always reasssuring her, telling her not to worry, he would take care of things. etc. Little brother just got kind of left behind in mom's eyes. I think she wasn't prepared for either of them to grow up, hit puberty, liked girls, etc. Thats when she became more into her faith which prohibited a lot of the activities the boys were naturally interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou