Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the 'college dopes' should get the sentence that is coming to them. They and others like then need to know that this is not allowed, not a free ticket to act again sometime in the future!

The "free ticket" that most annoys me, is the ability to come to the US on a student visa, and then drop out of school but still remain here. I have no facts to back this up, but I wonder if it is common practice to use this method to get into the US.

My husband looked up the SAT scores of UMass/Dartmouth, and they are quite low, so it is not difficult to be accepted to this school. Most of the internationals that I know that want to come to the US to study, are applying to the top schools in the US.

Just something to think about.

Someone posted upthread that a guest on Greta's show last night said that the only reason you would take items from DT's room that related to the biggest crime in the US, is if they would implicate yourself. That is the most compelling argument to me that his three friends are part it. Granted, it might just be that they helped DT fire practice bombs down by the river, but that could be enough.

Agree! The "take whatever you want" was code for Game Over, protect yourselves!

I would like to know if the vaseline was in the backpack or elsewhere in the room. That is a biggie!

I believe the 'college dopes' should get the sentence that is coming to them. They and others like then need to know that this is not allowed, not a free ticket to act again sometime in the future!

Agreed, just writing them off as "college dopes" is like giving them an excuse, and not making them accountable. They should be held fully accountable for their part in this tragedy.

I would like to know if the vaseline was in the backpack or elsewhere in the room. That is a biggie!

It was not in the backpack, but sitting out in the room.

Kadyrbayev removed the bag and Tsarnaev’s laptop “in order to help his friend Tsarnaev avoid trouble.” The friends also noticed a jar of Vaseline which Tazhayakov believed had been used to “make the bombs.”

source: Time

How can someone wanting to save lives destroy them?
Happens all the time.
Craiglist killer was a medical student. Had a fiancee.
Yet allegedly committing armed robberies and killing a girl at the same time.

....but those kind of killers are totally different IMO,they do it for their own sick,twisted gratification.....terrorists think what they're doing is actually righteous and justified,I just don't understand.....

Someone posted upthread that a guest on Greta's show last night said that the only reason you would take items from DT's room that related to the biggest crime in the US, is if they would implicate yourself. That is the most compelling argument to me that his three friends are part it. Granted, it might just be that they helped DT fire practice bombs down by the river, but that could be enough.

Yep. that was Ted Williams on Greta. They've said they knew DT was the bomber. They've said they didn't believe they'd ever see DT alive again. If so, who exactly were they trying to keep "out of trouble"?

I'm not buying misplaced loyalty or the youth excuse. Again, I ask, how did these friends know to discard the Vaseline because it's a component of pipe bombs? I'm not buying innocent web surfing any more that I think the answer to all this international travel is frequent flyer miles. ALL MOO

ITA with this.

I don't buy the "we didn't want DT to get into trouble". These guys were trying to cover their own butts.

Agreed, just writing them off as "college dopes" is like giving them an excuse, and not making them accountable. They should be held fully accountable for their part in this tragedy.

If their roles were solely after the fact (and that is what the charges indictate), then they should be sentenced appropriately. Giving an overly harsh sentence due to anger in the community isn't what justice should be about.

If the friends of DT placed the bag in the bin near Gerry's, their cell phones would have pinged in that area? That would definitely show up since the university is a good distance from Gerry's. Certainly the FeeBee's are onto that!

It is not out of the realm of possibility that one of the three friends dumped evidence in the Planet Aid donation box. It was reported last night, that RP, the US citizen friend of DT, lives at an apartment right next to where the car jacking occurred! That location, is not far from Gerry's and the donation box.

Yep. that was Ted Williams on Greta. They've said they knew DT was the bomber. They've said they didn't believe they'd ever see DT alive again. If so, who exactly were they trying to keep "out of trouble"?

Exactly! You can't have it both ways.

So DT says they could have anything they want, and the only things that get taken are incriminating evidence of bomb-making? IMO, RP knew precisely what DT's text conveyed.

I would love to see all of the texts between them for the past couple of months.

If somebody texted me and said I could take anything from their room I would call them because I would find that statement so bizarre. These guys obviously knew what it meant and they only took items associated to the crime.

After reading the criminal complaint, I inferred that the vaseline was elsewhere. Like you said, this is a biggie!

My assumption is if we are concluding that these three guys were trying to cover their butts, then the authorities are also. Hopefully it's only a matter of time before we hear that more charges are filed.

Initially when the two men from the apartment near the college were arrested on April 25 or 26, was disappointed that the charges weren't related to the bombing. Now a week and a half later, they HAVE been charged with acts related to the bombing. So I guess I just have to be patient.

Speaking of patience, I was sure that KRT would be charged by this time today. I did hear today, on CNN, that what MIGHT be happening in the background is that KRT's lawyer might be trying to work out a deal where she could exchange information for immunity.

That would fit with the behavior so far. Lawyering up before you have a chance to say, "Bomber One has a wife." Publicly stating that she wants to help, but not meeting with the FBI. (Attempt to win public favor and have public apply pressure to FBI to meet with her, because, hey, she said she wants to help so it must be you guys, FBI.)

I still think it will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

I can see a scenario where DT, knowing that he has to disappear now, texted them in the hope they would take incriminating evidence, thereby implicating themselves in the bombing. His "lol" and other replies are so nonchalant and ambivalent. He could have simply not answered at all when they told him he looks like one of the bombers. But he continued the contact, manipulating them into taking things from his room without telling them exactly what to take.

Well, if they had no idea, how would they know what evidence is incriminating?
Most people, for instance, have no idea that vaseline is used in bomb making.

He could have told them the time he was bragging about bomb making. Setting them up, making sure they too know about what goes in a bomb.

They might have suspected but not known for sure. They might have thought LE got it wrong, it can't possibly our friend. But he is into fireworks and knows how to make bombs, so we better get rid of the stuff otherwise LE really believes it's him. So off they go, helping their friend stay "out of trouble". And getting themselves into trouble, of course.

I don't believe they were part of the bombing or bomb making. But I can believe that DT set them up to look like they were.

I agree why not take food, pots and pans, furniture, bedding any number of things but vaseline? Unless this guys were using it nope never mind can't go there!

I assumed the vaseline was for DTs own... ahem... personal activities. IMO haha

Boston Bomber’s Widow Katherine Russell Told Their Daughter, ‘Daddy’s Gone To Heaven’

“Daddy has gone to heaven and he still loves her very much,” is the message Katherine told Zahara after Tamerlan was killed in a shootout with police in Watertown, Massachusetts, a relative revealed to People magazine.

“She broke the news as gently as possible, but Zahara wants to know why.”

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...dow-katherine-russell-told-daughter-dad-dead/

Poor girl :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member