The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know SR was a nurse. This along with what I said in my post above makes me think that DP may of thought this is why Stacy was going into nursing. SR's influence.
I think in the nine days since he had seen them together he had a lot of time to plan his crime. He just didn't know when he was going to do it.
I think he stalked SR, found out about his life and decided not only would he kill Stacey but make sure it looked like SR did it. He was framing him.

DP was obviously frustrated with Stacy's new cell phone and meeting another guy. I would be a bit miffed if I found my spouse exchanged sexually charged messages with a memeber of the opposite sex, then met him/her for lunch. Why was Stacy meeting SR after these exchanges? Maybe SR didn't have an affair with Stacy, but the messages and meeting may have been headed in that direction. Somehow DP must have suspected what was happening, i.e. showing up at Denny's.

When DP married Stacy (or began an affair), what was he thinking? Did he believe that a 16/17 year old girl would actually want an old man forever?

The Sherwood Commons apartments are located on Lakeview Dr in BB. So that general area is probably known as Sherwood. It must be near some water to be called Lakeview Dr.

DP was obviously frustrated with Stacy's new cell phone and meeting another guy. I would be a bit miffed if I found my spouse exchanged sexually charged messages with a memeber of the opposite sex, then met him/her for lunch. Why was Stacy meeting SR after these exchanges? Maybe SR didn't have an affair with Stacy, but the messages and meeting may have been headed in that direction. Somehow DP must have suspected what was happening, i.e. showing up at Denny's.

When DP married Stacy (or began an affair), what was he thinking? Did he believe that a 16/17 year old girl would actually want an old man forever?

According to Scott, Stacy had told Drew (that morning?) about the meeting at Dennys.

My (ex-pilot) hubby says that you don't have to file a flight plan. You should, but you don't have to. If taking off from an airport, you would need to talk to control tower, but sometimes in small airports, there may be nobody to receive your broadcast.

He said if the plane is an ultralight, it is different and you don't have to do jack-squat, or even have a pilot's license.

The whole point of the cell phone was so Drew didn't know about it. Also, it doesn't appear that Stacy had the new cellphone until around the day of the Denny's meeting. If Drew found out about the new cell phone it was after she gave the numer to her sister the week before Stacy went missing.

11-21-2007, 10:44 PM
SuziQ
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1809747", true);

Here is a timeline I've put together for the month before Stacy went missing. Interesting in hindsight. I will PM Maureeng if she wants to add it to hers. If I have anything wrong, please post a correction.

In the month before Stacy disappeared…

10-8, Stacy’s uncle said Drew didn’t believe that classes were held on Columbus Day and accused Stacy of lying to him.

10-17, Stacy sends marriage in trouble email to Steve Cesares.

10-17 or 18, Stacy called her stepsister Debby, to give Debby, her new cell phone number. Stacy wants to get together with their kids in a couple of weeks.

10-18 Drew and Stacy’s wedding anniversary. Drew gives her expensive ring.

10-19, Scott Rossetto says that he and Stacy were having lunch at Denny’s when Drew showed up. Stacy discusses not being happy in her marriage. Scott says to get an attorney.

10-24, Stacy called her stepsister Kerry, to give Kerry her new cell number. Said her new cell phone number was because Drew had figured out how to track her cell phone. Stacy said marriage counseling wasn’t going very well.

10-25, Stacy calls Pam Bosco about renting one of her properties. Stacy discusses divorcing Drew. Pam says get an attorney.

10-28, Stacy goes missing.

DATE? Sharon sees Stacy sitting outside with boxes crying ans saying she wants Drew to leave.

My (ex-pilot) hubby says that you don't have to file a flight plan. You should, but you don't have to. If taking off from an airport, you would need to talk to control tower, but sometimes in small airports, there may be nobody to receive your broadcast.

He said if the plane is an ultralight, it is different and you don't have to do jack-squat, or even have a pilot's license.

The problem with the ultralight is that the barrel was heavy enough that it needed two men to move it. So it is questionable whether the ultralight would support that weight. Second problem is that the ultralight is a two seater. Supposing Drew P was in the pilot's seat, and the barrel in the passenger seat, who would throw the barrel out? And if it was Drew P throwing the barrel out, who would fly the plane? I am supposing that with the moving and shifting needed in order to put the barrel out, plus the changes in weight that adjustments would be needed in the flying.

--->>>More good finds in chicolivings link above.

"A man from Stacy's past whom she had recently reached out to, 35-year-old Scott Rossetto of Shorewood, admitted that he and the missing woman traded sexually charged text messages for the three weeks leading up to her disappearance. Rossetto denies having carried on an affair with Stacy Peterson, but did say he met her at a Bolingbrook Denny's restaurant nine days before she vanished. An uninvited Drew Peterson interrupted the rendezvous, Rossetto said."

and

"Shorewood searches
A police source says they have "good information" Stacy was dumped in the Shorewood area near the home of Rossetto. Another source said investigators believe the killer may have attempted to frame Rossetto by depositing the body near his house."

Sounds like they may have a witness, at least a witness that puts Drew P in the area.

Camper, good point that they also need to look at the hospital where Rosetto works.

The problem with the ultralight is that the barrel was heavy enough that it needed two men to move it. So it is questionable whether the ultralight would support that weight. Second problem is that the ultralight is a two seater. Supposing Drew P was in the pilot's seat, and the barrel in the passenger seat, who would throw the barrel out? And if it was Drew P throwing the barrel out, who would fly the plane? I am supposing that with the moving and shifting needed in order to put the barrel out, plus the changes in weight that adjustments would be needed in the flying.

Was it heavy enough for 2 people to move it, or just big and unwieldy? A big man could easily carry a small woman's body, but not necessarily so easily if she were encased in a large barrel that can't be slung over the shoulder. If it was just Drew P and the barrel, it might not be much heavier than having 2 passengers. As far as the changes and adjustments necessary, it would depend on the amount of experience flying as to whether he could handle it.

Anyway, I was just trying to answer an earlier question in this thread regarding whether one could fly without a flight plan. The answer is, yes, one could theoretically fly without being required to file a flight plan.

I don't know the make & model of Drew P's 20k plane, or whether it is indeed an ultralight. I was just trying to answer the question about the flight plan.

Are there lakes or a river near or around the Sherwood area?

Is Sherwood a seperate town from BB? Or is Sherwood a subdivision of BB?
Delta Dawn~~ to answer your question about Shorewood it is a suberb West of Joliet Il I have freinds in Shorewood & I was there 1 month ago I know that the Dupage River is nearby & Rosetti lives near Hammel Woods closeby in Shorewood near River. Channahon is another place where the river is all about 15 miles from BB I hope this helps and I am positive that LE is checking this area out.
SNIP about Dupage River in Shorewood Il.~~~~
DuPage River
Nearest City: Shorewood, IL
Description:
Here is an excellent, yet fast section of the DuPage Rver. It can be run in about 3 hours from the Hammel Woods Park dam in Shorewood, to the Illinois and Michigan dam in Channahon.
The latter section to Channahon is flatwater, but most of the river moves with a good current, due to the gradient, and has a fast yet safe pace. Nothing rated more than a class I rapid anywhere, most are fast long ripples sections.

You can canoe it at almost any time of the year, but we recommend it to be run after a decent rain to get thru the 2 shallow areas that get low during a drier summer. Some of the shoreline is lined with homes, but it still has a nice countryside feel to it.

There are numerous put in and take out places along the river to shorten the trip.

I think Drew stewed about this the whole month of October. He probably did think about killing her. But I don't think this was preplanned, because he would not have killed her and moved her body with the kids in the house. He's made alot of mistakes for someone who's in LE IMO. All of his actions since Stacy disappeared look like afterthoughts and CYA to me.

I agree with your thoughts. The many conflicting lies he has told mainstream media about what Stacy did, said, and why she 'left' show a lack of planning and disorganized, panicked thinking after the crime. I also think he was very rattled that he was suspected ( and not protected) by LE early on. He told many conflicting details, and has done many hasty chaotic things. I posted my thoughts on what may have precipitated the murder and the direction his thoughts seem to be pointing to in her thread, part 8. He seems to be sending out quite a lot of subconscious messages.

Was it heavy enough for 2 people to move it, or just big and unwieldy? A big man could easily carry a small woman's body, but not necessarily so easily if she were encased in a large barrel that can't be slung over the shoulder. If it was just Drew P and the barrel, it might not be much heavier than having 2 passengers. As far as the changes and adjustments necessary, it would depend on the amount of experience flying as to whether he could handle it.

Anyway, I was just trying to answer an earlier question in this thread regarding whether one could fly without a flight plan. The answer is, yes, one could theoretically fly without being required to file a flight plan.

I don't know the make & model of Drew P's 20k plane, or whether it is indeed an ultralight. I was just trying to answer the question about the flight plan.

I have a 55 gal barrel. And when I want to move it, it is usually a simple thing to either tip it up on it's edge and roll it or lay it completely down on it's side and roll it.

Does anyone remember that with Craig Stebic there was some talk about how he used to work for a chemical plant and once said something about using those chemicals to decompose a body so that if he killed someone no one would ever find them.
Being that DP was a Sgt. in an area close by do you suppose he used that barrel to take a page out of CS's book.

I have a 55 gal barrel. And when I want to move it, it is usually a simple thing to either tip it up on it's edge and roll it or lay it completely down on it's side and roll it.

Do you estimate that you could lift it yourself when it had about 100+ lbs in it?

I am only partially kidding. because barrels can be rolled but to get them into a vehicle of any kind usually they must be lifted unless there is a ramp.

Do you estimate that you could lift it yourself when it had about 100+ lbs in it?

I am only partially kidding. because barrels can be rolled but to get them into a vehicle of any kind usually they must be lifted unless there is a ramp.

I couldn't lift it. But I am not that strong. It wouldn't be too hard for a man I don't think, they could tip it up on one edge and use the side against the vehicle as a lever/fulcrum to work it into the vehicle.

I couldn't lift it. But I am not that strong. It wouldn't be too hard for a man I don't think, they could tip it up on one edge and use the side against the vehicle as a lever/fulcrum to work it into the vehicle.

Kinda sounds like that's what Drew P and cohort did....leaving blue plastic on the Denali. Even though a barrel with 100# isnt' "that heavy" I think it would be difficult for Drew P to do himself. The getting into the vehicle anyway, getting it out I think would be much easier...give it a kick and it rolls/falls out.

This a bit O/T, but does pertain to lifting a 55 gal. drum or container.

Many years ago before wheeled refuse containers & remote lifting I worked for the City Refuse Dept. We received many calls of complaints from customers stating their container had not been emptied. We always asked if the container was overly heavy, the common reply was "no way, my little wife got it out to the curb".

Often the foreman would return to the residence to check the weight of the container and if a man came out would tell that customer if he could lift the 55 gal. container himself up into his truck he would haul it away, most couldn't do so without assistance.

Kinda sounds like that's what Drew P and cohort did....leaving blue plastic on the Denali. Even though a barrel with 100# isnt' "that heavy" I think it would be difficult for Drew P to do himself. The getting into the vehicle anyway, getting it out I think would be much easier...give it a kick and it rolls/falls out.

I so agree Chico.............

I don't know. I think one man could put it in a vehicle if it was just a 100 # +. The barrel itself doesn't weigh that much and the plastic is smooth, so it could be slid right on up. However, if it was planned to put in water for instance, concrete might be put on top, that would make it much heavier and would most likely require two people.

Why would DP put Stacy in a barrel? Why not just put her into a barrel that was already in his vehicle? He could easily do this with his car in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenitsa