The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We have a pretty large pool and have NEVER required that much of ANY chemical. This is a huge red flag to me and I hope to investigators as well. I agree with you Trino, one blue barrel emptied of chemicals with a body.

I am hoping you are both correct or there may be nothing left to be found.

Unfortunately you can find almost everything on the internet.

I just don't see how he planned to explain away that amount of pool chemicals??? Regardless of the type of chemical, he would NEVER need that much of anything. If he ordered this for the blue barrel for the sole purpose of disposing of her body this shows premeditation. He couldn't very well go out and just purchase an empty barrel could he? That would raise too much suspicion. But this way he figures he can explain away the need for the barrel. I mean, it's still a stretch since it's just overkill for his size pool, but at least he has a reason this way. I truly believe he saw Stacy slipping away from him and he knew he had to do something. I think he flipped in a rage just like SP, but I do think he had every intention of murdering her at some point. And just like SP, the idiot didn't count on this type of media coverage. He figured the story would disappear quietly and he could just go on with his deranged life.

I don't think purchasing an empty blue barrel would raise suspicion any more than buying a full one. I have purchased empty blue barrels for the garage. They are great containers for clean rags, dirty rags, sawdust, and misc. "stuff."

However, purchasing a large barrel of chemicals does raise suspicion because that much chemical would last a really long time and I don't think that it would be a good idea to have it stored in a garage or place accessible to the children. IMO there has to be at least two containers disposed of, one possibly with Stacy inside and a second with misc. evidence.

PS, I am glad to see some old familiar names around the board. :p

I don't think purchasing an empty blue barrel would raise suspicion any more than buying a full one. I have purchased empty blue barrels for the garage. They are great containers for clean rags, dirty rags, sawdust, and misc. "stuff."

However, purchasing a large barrel of chemicals does raise suspicion because that much chemical would last a really long time and I don't think that it would be a good idea to have it stored in a garage or place accessible to the children. IMO there has to be at least two containers disposed of, one possibly with Stacy inside and a second with misc. evidence.

PS, I am glad to see some old familiar names around the board. :p
I agree. I think he did possibly purchase or acquire from another source an empty barrel and lied to Stacy about the contents (he could have filled it with water). She relayed that lie to Cassandra unaware.

The barrel with the chlorine was purchesed about 3 -4 weeks before her murder..this is per Cassandra on the Stacy website. Also per Cassandra, the man that delivered the chlorine recognized Drew from the media and came forward very early on to let LE know he thought that amnt of chlorine was unusual for an above grd pool owner. So the FBI is following up on details from LE's notes..which they always do.

If Stacy told Drew she wanted a divorce, as Cassandra says, about 3-4 weeks before this took place..and Drew asked her to wait until he retired, which Cassandra says, then the barrel and the chlorine were bought intentionaly.

He had a long period of time (3-4 weeks) to siphon off the chlorine to a samll quanity..just enough to give him clean up use and a small amount to use to place her in until he was ready to dump her body somewhere else..meaning the body, more then likely was not in the barrel when it was dumped..but the barrel and body could have both been dumped in the same area..meaning the canal they are currently searching.

:waitasec: I am confused about a couple things. Maybe one of you can help.

First of all, Leila posted on #119:
"It was leaked that DP's step-brother, Thomas Morphey, age 40 helped DP move what he described as a rectangular box (think in terms of a large Rubbermaid rectangle container) the evening of October 28th. He said that DP picked him up at a park at about 7:00pm and they went to a coffee shop."

"... the images of October 28ths which do show two men coming in at about 7:35pm and leaving at about 9:21, and neither ordered anything. They sat at a front window table."

"...Afterwards, DP took Tom home."

Thomas Morphey got home and went to his friend/neighbor, Walter Martineck, who described Tom as being frantic. Tom told Walter that he thinks he just helped DP dispose of Stacy's body. He was frightened of DP and told Walter if he could kill his wife, DP could kill him too. He told Walter not to tell anyone, but when Walter learned of Tom's attempted suicide, Walter went straight to LE and told them what Tom had told him. That would have been on Oct. 30th."

Ok, so, Tom helped DP move this "box" and and went directly to the friend and told him the story. This would have been before Stacy was even reported missing...right? So DP had to have told him or said something to indicate that Stacy was in the container.

Secondly, I have read that possibly a neighbor saw the blue barrel being loaded by two men into the SUV. So that would have been earlier, during daylight hours. Am I correct on that?

Just trying to get things straight in my head.

Camper - sorry to hear about the gallbladder. Mine attacked me a few months ago but I was able to put off the lap-chole once again! :dance: But one of these days!

I just don't see how he planned to explain away that amount of pool chemicals??? Regardless of the type of chemical, he would NEVER need that much of anything. If he ordered this for the blue barrel for the sole purpose of disposing of her body this shows premeditation. He couldn't very well go out and just purchase an empty barrel could he? That would raise too much suspicion. But this way he figures he can explain away the need for the barrel. I mean, it's still a stretch since it's just overkill for his size pool, but at least he has a reason this way. I truly believe he saw Stacy slipping away from him and he knew he had to do something. I think he flipped in a rage just like SP, but I do think he had every intention of murdering her at some point. And just like SP, the idiot didn't count on this type of media coverage. He figured the story would disappear quietly and he could just go on with his deranged life.
I agree there's no way he'd need the large qty. pool chemicals at this time of the year. I do wonder if he used that container to dispose of Stacy if he did indeed empty the barrel. Leaving the chlorine in there would destroy the evidence, you know.

That looks like the one that's been shown on tv, in a photo submitted by Texas Equusearch.

And yet Cassandra said the one she saw in the garage had no removable lid, but had a spicket!

And yet Cassandra said the one she saw in the garage had no lid, but had a spicket!
If it had come with liquid chlorine in it, it surely would've had a lid and probably also a spigot. If she saw it without the lid then someone removed it, but that would be dangerous to do so with chlorine still in it. :eek:

If it had come with liquid chlorine in it, it surely would've had a lid and probably also a spigot. If she saw it without the lid then someone removed it, but that would be dangerous to do so with chlorine still in it. :eek:
Sorry, meant no removable lid..........my bad!

Maybe DrewP just got an empty barrell from somewhere and filled it with water until he was ready to use it. All Stacy knew was that he TOLD her it was stuff for the pool.

I was thinking...what if, in planning how to get rid of wife #4, he built some kind of bunker or storage place under his parent's house, or a secret room under his house. Psychopaths have been known to do creepy sruff like that. Some have kept people or dead bodies for years! If it were hidden under his house the cadaver dogs wouldn't hit on it if she had still been alive when it was searched.

I know that sounds stupid, but DrewP's a freaky dude, and he does not like to "lose". Talk about the ultimate victory for a controlling lunatic husband. Pretty young thing locked up in his very own dungeon.

Sorry that's so graphic, I don't mean to offend anyone. Except DrewP.

Susan

Maybe DrewP just got an empty barrell from somewhere and filled it with water until he was ready to use it. All Stacy knew was that he TOLD her it was stuff for the pool.

I was thinking...what if, in planning how to get rid of wife #4, he built some kind of bunker or storage place under his parent's house, or a secret room under his house. Psychopaths have been known to do creepy sruff like that. Some have kept people or dead bodies for years! If it were hidden under his house the cadaver dogs wouldn't hit on it if she had still been alive when it was searched.

I know that sounds stupid, but DrewP's a freaky dude, and he does not like to "lose". Talk about the ultimate victory for a controlling lunatic husband. Pretty young thing locked up in his very own dungeon.

Sorry that's so graphic, I don't mean to offend anyone. Except DrewP.

Susan
Wasn't there a serial killer who buried the bodies under the house? It isn't unheard of, but I keep thinking of DP's comment that "she's where she wants to be". I still wonder if she's been put somewhere near SR's house?

The spigot type of barrels that I have seen don't have a removable lid. If Drew planned to put Stacy in it, I think he would have gotten one with a removable lid. IMO, the barrel didn't contain chlorine. And he had to special order whatever chemical it was he ordered. Remember, the search warrant states "pool chemicals". Why go to that much trouble for chlorine when a 10 pound tub would be plenty. I wonder what explanation he gave to the dealer when he ordered whatever it was he ordered? Lye is easy to explain. You say you make soap.

A good friend of mine works at "American Sales" in Tinley Park, which is where DP bought the swimming pool...it's not far from Bolingbrook. She told me the FBI came in the store last week asking questions regarding the pool chemicals, containers they carry...The store told them they don't 'store' them there, but they order them from one of their distributors, the FBI was given the distributors phone number.

I'm bumping up this post regarding DP's purchase of pool chemicals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpass
A good friend of mine works at "American Sales" in Tinley Park, which is where DP bought the swimming pool...it's not far from Bolingbrook. She told me the FBI came in the store last week asking questions regarding the pool chemicals, containers they carry...The store told them they don't 'store' them there, but they order them from one of their distributors, the FBI was given the distributors phone number.

--->>>Good information. You can bet the FBI now knows, or most likely knows precisely what kind of barrel/container DP purchased. They will know IF IF it was a closed head or an open head, and EVERYTHING about 'the' container. Most likely DP was referred to ths chemical supply source by the seller of the pool.

Interestly. The net is tightening around DP's anatomy.

The spigot type of barrels that I have seen don't have a removable lid. If Drew planned to put Stacy in it, I think he would have gotten one with a removable lid. IMO, the barrel didn't contain chlorine. And he had to special order whatever chemical it was he ordered. Remember, the search warrant states "pool chemicals". Why go to that much trouble for chlorine when a 10 pound tub would be plenty. I wonder what explanation he gave to the dealer when he ordered whatever it was he ordered? Lye is easy to explain. You say you make soap.

The barrels are easy to cut through to get the lid off. The only problem would be getting the lid to stay on afterwards. I guess you could use a propane torch and melt the plastic and 'weld' the lid back on.

I would think 'welding' the lid on would be even better than putting on a removable lid. The welding would guarantee a tight constant seal. With the removable lid and a decomposing body with gas buildup, he couldn't be certain the lid would pop off and her body (I'm so sorry, it breaks my heart to talk this gory about such a beautiful woman ) being discovered. He's not one to 'lose' as someone else stated. This would ensure difficulty in finding her moreso than the removable lid. He's a sneaky thing this man. I am also betting he's made more than one drive by of the area he used for dumping just as SP did.

Also, I didn't want to start a new thread for this since we have so much going on as it is and it's difficult to follow jumping from thread to thread. Do we know of, other than TM, psychological history of this family? Mental and emotional issues? To me, DP exhibits signs of a plethora of issues. The least of which is his personality disturbances. I'm not claiming mustiple personality disorder since he's more or less exhibited the same uncaring and cold attitude regarding Stacy from the beginning. But we do have extremes in behavior ranging from his hiding under that damn bandana in the beginning to his outright crazy behavior with videotaping and joking with the media.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Indiana_intrigue
Back