The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO there is so much suspicion surrounds WM's death. And how cold for a son to take a gamer's profile picture and alter it to reflect how his father died. To me this is very cold, calculated, mocking and very evil. As the old saying goes, "a picture speaks a thousand words". IMO also, there is nothing wrong with sharing this type of tragic news with employees who were probably more like friends to WM. Seems the business was his life and he more than likely spent many days there. IMO it is not the norm for people to write up an obit with the cause of death being a suicide. I would not be surprised if some of those employees have had much to say to LE now during the investigation of WM's untimely death. More information about what they heard and saw between WM and DM at the business. I won't be surprised if DM ends up being charged with his father's death.

<bbm>

The obituary referred to the EG foundation as being "unlaunched". Perhaps it was something WM had started and was unable to follow through for whatever reason, and DM was hoping to get it off the ground because it was his father's wishes.

EG died in 2009, so the relationship between WM and EG was long past. It is curious that particular charity would be of importance to DM, but perhaps there was a clause in WM's will wrt that specific wish.

I think you could be right sillybilly And the foundation might also be a beneficiary under the will and therefore would have to be set up or reactivated, whatever the case may be, post-mortem.

I was more suspicious of the whole thing before Ann B's confirmation from the brother that EG did exist and was the beloved gf of WM.

IMO there is so much suspicion surrounds WM's death. And how cold for a son to take a gamer's profile picture and alter it to reflect how his father died. To me this is very cold, calculated, mocking and very evil. As the old saying goes, "a picture speaks a thousand words". IMO also, there is nothing wrong with sharing this type of tragic news with employees who were probably more like friends to WM. Seems the business was his life and he more than likely spent many days there. IMO it is not the norm for people to write up an obit with the cause of death being a suicide. I would not be surprised if some of those employees have had much to say to LE now during the investigation of WM's untimely death. More information about what they heard and saw between WM and DM at the business. I won't be surprised if DM ends up being charged with his father's death.

Swedie from what many determined in here awhile back, the gaming profile was created a couple weeks before WM death and we havent been able to prove or disprove the photo was altered after the creation. As cruel as it seems, it could have been the other way around for all we know and WM could have shot himself in the eye purposely to give DM a lifetime of guilt. Dramatic and immature either way. We just dont know and this is totally an idea, not even an opinion.

There are probably sooooo many people in their lives that LE will hear from, including those employees. To be a little ole fly on the wall. I would imagine they did have advisors and consultants throughout the hangar process since inception that would be privy to the details that did or didnt go as planned. And it wouldnt be unusual if Millardair has a longtime lawyer that also handled its financial dealings. IMO "the truth is out there".

Tempting though it may be to leap to conclusions, imo, it could be useful to first acquire some more information.<modsnip>. Secondly, the gaming logo photo was apparently posted some time before WM's death and not evidently ever altered or updated after it was posted. It is a game, after all, that revels in shock value. Thirdly, several reports have indicated that the death of WM was caused by a gunshot to the side of the head and not a shot to the eye. (I've not read any confirmation anywhere that either conclusion is correct. The best information available is that DM committed suicide and does not specify the manner of his death.) MOO. http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2878848-police-probe-millard-s-connections-to-other-cases/

Excerpt:

"The cause of his death last December has never been made public, but he was reportedly found with a gunshot wound to the left side of his head."

Finally, there are numerous reports that WM was not heavily involved in his father's business but was, instead, primarily interested in his documentary film productions on behalf of various wildlife protection organizations, an interest he shared with his wife since at least 1981. This lack of interest has been cited as a source of surprise for others in the aviation industry when he decided to reinvigorate MillardAir's defunct hangar business some years after his father's death. IMO that suggests it is unlikely he had much in common, on a personal level, with the career aviation experts he hired, nor would it be helpful in the negotiations regarding the cessation of their professional contracts to engage them in the details of a family tragedy. MOO.

The following, is excerpted from just one such report, the Brocklehurst version:

"Although the Millard family is often described as an aviation dynasty, in reality, neither Wayne nor Dellen &#8212; both of whom were their parents&#8217; only children &#8212; had been heavily involved in Millardair, which was founded by Wayne&#8217;s late father Carl in 1954 and remained Carl&#8217;s baby up until his death in 2006. The recent Waterloo venture was Wayne&#8217;s first major aviation initiative. He told both Mr. Sharif and a former Millardair pilot that it was designed to be &#8220;Dellen&#8217;s project&#8221; and provide his 27-year-old son with a secure future. It was an unusual, bold move for Wayne, who apparently spent much of his life uninterested in the family business, or business at all, for that matter, and reportedly struggled with alcoholism.

Wayne Millard seemed to envision a more stable life for Dellen than the one he had led. Somewhat of a rebel &#8212; hired as an Air Canada pilot at age 25, he was fired for wearing his hair too long in 1973 but ordered reinstated by an arbitration board &#8212; Wayne never really found his niche and settled down. While he gave occasional training sessions at Millardair, where he was listed as vice-president, company pilots said he was more interested in protesting the seal hunt and campaigning for animal rights. He learned to fly helicopters so he could ferry activists and equipment to hard-to-reach locations.

Wayne eventually left Air Canada and set up Canadian Wildlife Film Productions, which hired Dellen&#8217;s mother, Madeleine Burns, a former Air Canada flight attendant. Newspaper reports from 1981 show the pair were involved in scuffles with peace officers when they tried filming in P.E.I."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

I don't offer these comments with the intention of being contrary, but only as a caution against jumping to conclusions that may not be supportable, imo, moo. That's also not to say that DM may not have been participating in a killing spree during the past couple of years but only to again note that no such additional charges have been laid nor, according to his lawyer, has DM been interrogated about anything other than charges associated with the sudden death of TB which is, imo, plenty trouble enough for the moment. MOO.

Many people these days appear to want donations... I am always quite awestruck by the amount of donation type requests and such after a death, often several on the go at a time........but I guess that's what happens these days.... Never used to be that way... but times do change for better or worse depending on opinion....!! JMO We never truly know whats behind many charities, foundations and funds really... if real thats good...but if not then I guess its a case of karma.... people who think/do negatively of others usually get their karmic reward.

Swedie from what many determined in here awhile back, the gaming profile was created a couple weeks before WM death and we havent been able to prove or disprove the photo was altered after the creation. As cruel as it seems, it could have been the other way around for all we know and WM could have shot himself in the eye purposely to give DM a lifetime of guilt. Dramatic and immature either way. We just dont know and this is totally an idea, not even an opinion.

There are probably sooooo many people in their lives that LE will hear from, including those employees. To be a little ole fly on the wall. I would imagine they did have advisors and consultants throughout the hangar process since inception that would be privy to the details that did or didnt go as planned. And it wouldnt be unusual if Millardair has a longtime lawyer that also handled its financial dealings. IMO "the truth is out there".

Thank you for clarifying about when the gamer profile picture was made Snoofo. :seeya: Last I read, I thought someone posted it had been made after WM death. Either way IMO it's telling or at least a coincidence. Had DM used his gamer account after his father's death, do you know? If so, I find it very arrogant and disgusting he didn't change that picture. How insensitive...

Carli, as to whether WM supposedly shot himself in the eye or the side of the head is IMHO irrelevant. The fact DM would post a gruesome picture of himself like that, prior to or after the fact, when there are billions of other pictures he could have chosen from is in very poor judgement and taste. DM is in jail right now for a very telling reason. It's called murder, and it's for the murder of TB. As far as I am concerned, anyone who has the ability to plan nefarious deeds, such as stealing other peoples' property (at least a HD motorcycle), stealing a truck and it ending up in murder, has the evilness within them to commit other heinous crimes. If DM was an innocent bystander, in what happened to TB, he could have went to LE and confessed as to what transpired. He didn't and therefore he is guilty of murder. Again, LE don't throw people in jail just because they feel like it or suspect. They have evidence leading to someone's involvement. IMO they typically have direct and circumstantial evidence. As far as I am concerned, LE are still investigating WM's death and we will not hear anything about this issue as there is a PB in place. Matter of fact, that may just be a whole different trial. If for some reason the justice system cannot the the murder charges on DM, they may file charges for his father's murder, if they can gain evidence.

I could assume then that DM may have pre planned the murder of his father then if the picture was made prior to his death. IIRC I think I may have mentioned MOO upstream about "IF" it was murder; did DM pay a buddy to do it for him? Did DM conveniently go away somewhere when his father died as a cover up to prove he wasn't around when his father "apparently" killed himself? You know the old "I have an alibi" line. IMHO there are too many coincidences surrounding this case, his father's death, questionable friend(s), money or lack thereof. DM could plead innocent for any crimes committed because it's a possibility he put someone else up to doing the dirty work.

Could it be CM was the one who spoiled DM and once grandpa passed away, money wasn't handed over so freely to DM by WM? Was there much resentment once grandpa was gone? Too many questions and hopefully some day we will get the answers. For now and what we are privy to thus far, I see DM as being a spoiled rich kid, who had no interest in carrying on the family legacy but wanted to live the high life and didn't want to work for a living. When things didn't go his way or stumbling blocks where placed in his path, he found a way to clear that path in order to get what he wanted even if that meant snuffing out the lives of those who tried to stop him. All JMO.

Thank you for clarifying about when the gamer profile picture was made Snoofo. :seeya: Last I read, I thought someone posted it had been made after WM death. Either way IMO it's telling or at least ha coincidence. Had DM used his gamer account after his father's death, do you know? If so, I find it very arrogant and disgusting he didn't change that picture. How insensitive...

The last time DM played, according to the site, was May 6; also being the day TB went on the fateful test drive.

I think this tells me that this is how he communicated his plans.

I'm new to the site, and first I must send my condolences to the family of Timothy Bosma, this tragedy is beyond anything remedied in words.

I have been reading along for some time, but may have missed a few posts. Does anyone know if his gaming profile also keeps track of who he played with as well as when he played? Was he playing with MS on the day TB disappeared? And if they were using the game site as a means to communicate, did they also use it to communicate the day before, prior to the first test drive? Is there a record of him using this profile the day his father died as well?

Perhaps this would belong on the thread for alternative theories, but could it possibly be that the death of WM was the initial set-up, that WM was shot by some unknown factor, (OC as an example), and shot in the eye to purposely match DM's profile picture and cast suspicion on him? DM could have then kept the picture up as an homage to his father, or as an act of defiance, or just because to now remove it might look more suspicious.

Or perhaps he kept it there to remind himself of his pain before he entered the world of escapism that gaming can be to many.

:welcome: to WS Juballee Glad you joined the discussion!

Tempting though it may be to leap to conclusions, imo, it could be useful to first acquire some more information.<modsnip>. Secondly, the gaming logo photo was apparently posted some time before WM's death and not evidently ever altered or updated after it was posted. It is a game, after all, that revels in shock value. Thirdly, several reports have indicated that the death of WM was caused by a gunshot to the side of the head and not a shot to the eye. (I've not read any confirmation anywhere that either conclusion is correct. The best information available is that DM committed suicide and does not specify the manner of his death.) MOO. http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2878848-police-probe-millard-s-connections-to-other-cases/

Excerpt:

"The cause of his death last December has never been made public, but he was reportedly found with a gunshot wound to the left side of his head."

Finally, there are numerous reports that WM was not heavily involved in his father's business but was, instead, primarily interested in his documentary film productions on behalf of various wildlife protection organizations, an interest he shared with his wife since at least 1981. This lack of interest has been cited as a source of surprise for others in the aviation industry when he decided to reinvigorate MillardAir's defunct hangar business some years after his father's death. IMO that suggests it is unlikely he had much in common, on a personal level, with the career aviation experts he hired, nor would it be helpful in the negotiations regarding the cessation of their professional contracts to engage them in the details of a family tragedy. MOO.

The following, is excerpted from just one such report, the Brocklehurst version:

"Although the Millard family is often described as an aviation dynasty, in reality, neither Wayne nor Dellen — both of whom were their parents’ only children — had been heavily involved in Millardair, which was founded by Wayne’s late father Carl in 1954 and remained Carl’s baby up until his death in 2006. The recent Waterloo venture was Wayne’s first major aviation initiative. He told both Mr. Sharif and a former Millardair pilot that it was designed to be “Dellen’s project” and provide his 27-year-old son with a secure future. It was an unusual, bold move for Wayne, who apparently spent much of his life uninterested in the family business, or business at all, for that matter, and reportedly struggled with alcoholism.

Wayne Millard seemed to envision a more stable life for Dellen than the one he had led. Somewhat of a rebel — hired as an Air Canada pilot at age 25, he was fired for wearing his hair too long in 1973 but ordered reinstated by an arbitration board — Wayne never really found his niche and settled down. While he gave occasional training sessions at Millardair, where he was listed as vice-president, company pilots said he was more interested in protesting the seal hunt and campaigning for animal rights. He learned to fly helicopters so he could ferry activists and equipment to hard-to-reach locations.

Wayne eventually left Air Canada and set up Canadian Wildlife Film Productions, which hired Dellen’s mother, Madeleine Burns, a former Air Canada flight attendant. Newspaper reports from 1981 show the pair were involved in scuffles with peace officers when they tried filming in P.E.I."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

I don't offer these comments with the intention of being contrary, but only as a caution against jumping to conclusions that may not be supportable, imo, moo. That's also not to say that DM may not have been participating in a killing spree during the past couple of years but only to again note that no such additional charges have been laid nor, according to his lawyer, has DM been interrogated about anything other than charges associated with the sudden death of TB which is, imo, plenty trouble enough for the moment. MOO.

Yes I believe there is quite the 'story' behind all this... and the 'eye' pic is obviously not an actually injury but more of a special effects type of make up. Plus the pic was apparently uploaded around Halloween.... all it takes is knowing someone who may have been a special effects artist and hey presto.... maybe he did. JMO IMO

IMO the obit is fine and IMO DM was assisted by his mother...due to the way the words are situated...like English is not the first language... JMO of course..... and all MOO

Not only is English his mother's first language, she is English, as in from England. MB's parents both spoke with British accents. Her mother has passed away, but her father is still alive. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm fairly sure that MB & her older sister were born in England before their parents immigrated to Canada, and only her younger brother was born her. DM was educated in French though, so this my account for the odd syntax

DM was educated in French though, so this my account for the odd syntax
<rsbm>

His primary language was English though, so IMO it would be the opposite .. that any odd syntax would only appear in his secondary language.

I'm new to the site, and first I must send my condolences to the family of Timothy Bosma, this tragedy is beyond anything remedied in words.

I have been reading along for some time, but may have missed a few posts. Does anyone know if his gaming profile also keeps track of who he played with as well as when he played? Was he playing with MS on the day TB disappeared? And if they were using the game site as a means to communicate, did they also use it to communicate the day before, prior to the first test drive? Is there a record of him using this profile the day his father died as well?

Perhaps this would belong on the thread for alternative theories, but could it possibly be that the death of WM was the initial set-up, that WM was shot by some unknown factor, (OC as an example), and shot in the eye to purposely match DM's profile picture and cast suspicion on him? DM could have then kept the picture up as an homage to his father, or as an act of defiance, or just because to now remove it might look more suspicious.

Or perhaps he kept it there to remind himself of his pain before he entered the world of escapism that gaming can be to many.

:welcome3: Great questions Jub. I feel certain LE will be looking into the history of many devices DM may have used including his xbox, cell phone(s), computers, and trying to connect the dots. They probably seized these types of items found in MS's mother's home also. I like to give much credit to our Canadian LE for being thorough and tight lipped. As much as we want to know all the details, they have to preserve information/evidence they have gathered on these types of cases, not release too much to the public in order to give the perp(s) a fair trial. They, just like us want to make certain justice is served for the victims and their families. IMO I believe we are going to be quite surprised by the amount of evidence LE find/have found tying these two to their unsavoury lifestyle. I do not believe DM led a clean cut lifestyle up until the past year or so, nor will I consider the "shocking" death of his father sent him off on some mind altering, strange, evil path in his life.

Although there seems to be some discrepancies in some of the MSM reports, we still get the concept and can draw conclusions from that information. JMHO.

I bet if he knew that the obituary would be so critically dissected that he would have gotten it proof read! It is easy for me to imagine that someone his age has never even read the obituaries and has no idea that we as a society at some point apparently determined a strict protocol for how they should be worded to only have non personal facts like date of birth, living relatives and a generic message about how they will be missed. Isn't he the only surviving relative, wouldn't that make for an unusually short traditional obituary? Maybe, like his occasionally unique hairstyle, he wanted to buck the trend and leave a tribute that was more personalized and intimate. Or maybe he was just a young guy still in shock from losing a parent to suicide, and he had no idea that this was yet another responsibility of survivorship until he was asked at the last minute why he hadn't done it yet, maybe it was rushed.

Many people these days appear to want donations... I am always quite awestruck by the amount of donation type requests and such after a death, often several on the go at a time........but I guess that's what happens these days.... Never used to be that way... but times do change for better or worse depending on opinion....!! JMO We never truly know whats behind many charities, foundations and funds really... if real thats good...but if not then I guess its a case of karma.... people who think/do negatively of others usually get their karmic reward.

Not that this has anything to do with the TB/WM case, but from an etiquette perspective in the past friends, family, coworkers etc would spend large amounts of $$ on flower arrangements accompanied with a condolence note to be sent to the church or funeral home as a sign of respect to the family. These flowers were maybe on display for a day or two and then left at the graveside, donated to the church or a hospital. A few decades ago the etiquette changed slightly with families requesting,in lieu of flowers to have donations sent to a charity that may have been close to the deceased. Ex $150-300 on a flower arrangment might be of better use to a cancer charity or oncology hospital etc if the deceased died of cancer. Not to mention that as a charitable donation you may be eligible to receive a tax receipt.

Not only is English his mother's first language, she is English, as in from England. MB's parents both spoke with British accents. Her mother has passed away, but her father is still alive. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm fairly sure that MB & her older sister were born in England before their parents immigrated to Canada, and only her younger brother was born her. DM was educated in French though, so this my account for the odd syntax

What MSM source does the information about MB come from? I've seen it posted on these boards but in sleuthing have never come across the media source?

Where did the MB bio details come from?

I replied to this before I saw that curiosity kitten already had. I have known MB & her family since 1964. What curiosity kitten said is exactly right. I have posted this info elsewhere, so curiosity kitten may have read that, or may also know the Burn's family.

Well how do you suppose the obit went from 'father' to 'Wayne' in a few sentences? It certainly looks to me like someone other than DM wrote it....JMO MOO
EG's obit was weird too, maybe DM used that as a model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member