The Duct Tape Match #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wiped my gas cans and spray bottles with a rag when I have had a little spillage while filling them and / or using them. I've also wiped them when they get dusty from being in the garage. I can see George doing the same thing - not to remove fingerprints, but to keep things clean.

As for the lone piece of duct tape on the gas can, in the rather poor image we have from the document dump, it looks to not only be on the top, but it also looks to not be laying flat and smooth. This leads me to believe it is being used to cover the air vent. Most cans I have seen have a small air intake on the top opposite the pour spout. This air intake is normally closed when storing using a plastic flip cover or screw cap. On one of my cans the plastic tie that holds the cap to can is broken, meaning I have to be careful not to lose it.

It seems reasonable this is what happened with the Anthony's can - it was lost. So we have two scenarios. George lost the screw cap or otherwise noticed it missing, and used a piece of duct tape to cover it. No telling what happened to the roll. Second scenario is KC lost it while she had the cans, and used left-over tape from her deed to cover the hole to keep fumes and spillage from contaminating the trunk. She discarded the tape roll at some later point.

In either scenario, it is actually important to keep the can clean so that the tape will continue to stick as it is pulled off and replaced.

Thanks, JWG, I really appreciate your posts and insights. The above makes very good sense. BTW, I like your new pic!

Apart from (obiously) apparently little kittens dancing along the tape , I can not make out much detail. Does not look 2" wide nor silver though.

It's definitely silver or gray on my laptop screen, but on my PC can't tell. Can't see any detail on either monitor.

We really, really need to find better photos of that poster or any other's George had. If the logo duct tape was used on any of them, it could be very important info. Or am I just being over-enthusiastic? I'm digiital photography illiterate, but I know we've got some really skilled folks around here.

Yes and yes.

There is a picture of a sample back in the tread, I will go and get it.

Also it turns out to be rare only one person so far has a roll other than the Anthonys.

Manufacturer says it is discontinued and not manufactured since 2007.

This is too funny! :Justice:

H.P., in the whole world?

Yes and yes.

There is a picture of a sample back in the tread, I will go and get it.

Also it turns out to be rare only one person so far has a roll other than the Anthonys.

Manufacturer says it is discontinued and not manufactured since 2007.

This is too funny! :Justice:

H.P., in the whole world?
Yes!!!

I can vouch for the fact that WS is read around the world, it is certainly available and....
out of the entire WORLD only one person has reported a roll of duct tape with "Henkel" logo printed on it!

attachment.php

Is this Duct Tape?

41874370.jpg

Just curious...who is this guy, and where is he standing? The poster on the window behind him is placed OVER the tape pieces on the corners. Double sided tape or tape doubled over?

PS-does duct tape come in sizes less than 2" in width? Also noted, those tape pieces in this photo seem VERY uniform in size, shape, and length.

Just curious...who is this guy, and where is he standing? The poster on the window behind him is placed OVER the tape pieces on the corners. Double sided tape or tape doubled over?

PS-does duct tape come in sizes less than 2" in width? Also noted, those tape pieces in this photo seem VERY uniform in size, shape, and length.

That's Sgt. Allen, standing in front of ??????'s front door.

Looks to me like the flier is taped on the inside of the door.

Dunno about less-than-2" duct tape...

That's Sgt. Allen, standing in front of the Anthony's front door.

Bolded and Redded by me.

You are correct, that is John Allen but that's not the A's house. Here's a pic of Yuri standing in front of the A's house.

Yuriservingwarrant.jpg

That's Sgt. Allen, standing in front of the Anthony's front door.

I never considered the obvious, that the tape was coming from the "inside". Anyway, Okay, Sgt. Allen. He doesn't seem too far away from the poster and yet his "pointing finger" seems almosts as thick in width as the duct tape behind him.

Bolded and Redded by me.

You are correct, that is John Allen but that's not the A's house. Here's a pic of Yuri standing in front of the A's house.

Yuriservingwarrant.jpg

You are right. Now I'm wondering who's front door he is in front of? This is gonna bug me now... :waitasec:

I thought it was JB's office/???

You are correct! From the Sentinel site:
Orange County Sheriff detective Sgt. John Allen
(RED HUBER, ORLANDO SENTINEL / August 27, 2008)
Orange County Sheriff detective Sgt. John Allen talks on his cell phone after meeting with Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's attorney and Cindy Anthony, grandmother of missing child Cayllee Anthony.

Now I can go to bed! heh :)

We really, really need to find better photos of that poster or any other's George had. If the logo duct tape was used on any of them, it could be very important info. Or am I just being over-enthusiastic? I'm digiital photography illiterate, but I know we've got some really skilled folks around here.
I think finding any pics showing bits of tape with a "Henkel" logo would be very important.

I have had a bit of a look. My problem is finding photos. There are so many around hard to find what you want amongst them.

Bear in mind we are looking for DUCT TAPE not particular Caylee posters, or particular front doors.

Its a bit of a long shot that duct tape would be used, and probably not as 2" wide strips.

Duct tape:
Silver
2" wide ( or pieces of)
Marked with "Henkel"

GA may have used some duct tape when he set up the Kidfinders tents. I think there are some videos, pics from early on in the Publix parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi