the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She stepped on the second or third shelf according to her testimony ( which have pins). Also, they only take a load of 40 lbs. There is no way those shelves would have been undisturbed.

You mean those shelves wont take 135 pounds very well?

lol...hehehe.

Mr Martinez..you crack me up The look on her face when she said 120 pounds was priceless.

I have respect and sympathy for this jury but FGS NO MORE QUESTIONS!!! This is going to go on forever at this rate. We know Nurmi is going to go over her entire life and testimony when he gets up there again. Come jury, you can help STOP THE MADNESS!

Because they aren't built in shelves. They just sit on 4 pegs, and to stand on them - especially on the edge - would have caused the items on the shelves to be disturbed. Hence, she didn't get the gun off the top shelf.

Yep. She ran straight into a closet to be a sitting duck for raging bull Travis, tippy toed delicately up the shelves not disturbing a thing (probably because Travis would get even madder if she disturbed a shirt) to get a gun they both knew was not loaded. Makes perfect sense in Jodi-land.

I can't get over how it's called "speculation" when she is asked to recount events at which she was present...It doesn't make sense to me that she can testify this way.

These were not built-in shelves. They were adjustable shelving unit(s) requiring 4 pegs (plastic or metal) to rest the shelf in place.
If you apply weight to the front ledge, the shelf with tip. It's just resting on these pegs not anchored to them.

I have those kind of shelves on my bookcase and whenever my cat jumps on them they fall down.

Sure, I stand on the bottom "shelf", but it is solid, thick wood and on the floor. I think that JM wants to prove that Jodi could not have stood on those shelves without them breaking under her weight and probably disturbing the items on the shelves. :moo:

these shelves he is talking about are on each end sitting on two little pins that are in a little hole with about 1/2 an inch of pin sticking out that holds the weight of the shelf and whatever is on it.
They do not hold a heavy wieght like 120 lbs and especialy when the weight is put on them suddenly.

If she couldn't stand on one of these shelves without breaking it or tipping everything off it then there was no gun.

Adjustable shelves . . . adjustable morals . . . . adjustable sins . . . . .things move . . . . OK?

6:09 PMMichael Kiefer @michaelbkieferGuess what folks? The judge and attorneys just took a look at more jury questions, so looks like Arias will stay on the stand after break.

Don't know what kind of moment this was.. Jury was leaving

anger.jpg

"He made me look like a.......liar".

If she saw Travis 'load' the gun, where is the ammo box?

The 'condemned to hell' part was so good because he made her say it. What a loon.

You mean those shelves wont take 135 pounds very well?

lol...hehehe.

Mr Martinez..you crack me up The look on her face when she said 120 pounds was priceless.
:floorlaugh: Priceless, how dare he add 15 pounds to my weight, too funny!

Juan is brilliant!

I can't get over how it's called "speculation" when she is asked to recount events at which she was present...It doesn't make sense to me that she can testify this way.

it is speculation when she says she "couldn't remember" in earlier testimony but then goes on to speculate about what she may have done or thought.

since the murderer's claim that "Travis loaded the gun in early December and took it somewhere" is new, now I'm wondering if she is NOW going to claim he took it with him to shoot in the desert as per TA's friend's video recently :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654