the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree! This may be monotonous at times *coughnurmicough* but I think its brilliant! The subtle undertones are genius!!!!! The plan of attack by JM is like a battleplan. Moo. Its a combination of surgical as well as bold/in your face--how else would one deal with a psychofreakshow like JA?!?
:great

Believe me he got his points across and he knows the jury heard them.

IMO

Can anyone tell me what her answer to the question about why she didn't just shoot him again instead of using a knife?

IIR correctly she said she dropped the gun and then didn't see it again...or a version of that.

So ... JA went to her bishop, AFTER SHE MURDERED TA, and admitted "sexual sin" with TA but lied by omission to having murdered TA ...

How is it that any representative from the Mormon faith continues to visit or have anything whatsoever to do with JA at the jail?

Wouldn't JA have been summarily excommunicated and for all eternity? TIA
I certainly hope so considering she committed the two biggest sins in the religion! It was all a sham for her to hook Travis. She never believed in Mormonism. I wish it was a public excommunication!
F.Y.I. peeps Mormonism isn't on trial and it's prominent in the Whitney Heichel case too, and Susan Cox Powell...

These are not solid built in shelves.

Because it shows she is lying. These are resting shelves meaning they rest on tiny pegs so if she puts her weight on the front edge like she said she did then the back part of the shelf would flip up dumping everything on the shelf out or at least disturbing it from its pristene condition.

The maximum weight for these shelves is 40 pounds and that is not 40 pounds on the edge but overall.

I think she might have been better off to have said she stepped on the very bottom shelf and took her chances, because it does look to me like the white shirt/sweater was bunched up enough to look like an indent from a partial step of a foot?

There was no gun in the closet!!!!

The jury asked her the length of phone calls too. Right? Wonder why she didn't answer the question. :waitasec: Someone on that jury has her # and it's not her phone number. I don't think they will happy she didn't answer their question.

as is her usual, she answers the juror questions with the bits that she wants them to remember and not what they are actually asking of her.

They, however, will go back into that deliberation room with all of that info at their beck and call.

It is just my guess here: but they will most likely reflect heavily on the forensics, the ME testimony, and the electronic data (call logs and times, etc):twocents::twocents:

Can anyone tell me what her answer to the question about why she didn't just shoot him again instead of using a knife?

I cannot recall...but the video is now up in the timeline and media thread (I just updated it)

She said that TA loaded the gun in December 2007 and took it away somewhere to do something. Took it on a field trip? :notgood:

But then she FORGOT to add that little lie into her total when the juror asked how many times she saw the gun. :liar: Busted!

So she remembers every Starbucks frappaccino order, every nuance of every intimate act, and what lubricant was used, but not whether she put the stabbing knife in the dishwasher?
They gave her the phone records and asked a specific question about how many calls and texts there were in a specific time period, but she couldn't give an answer, just an estimate? No calls, texts or emails on the 3rd or 4th?
So they didn't talk, she just stopped by without having communicated with him for two days?
I thought he talked her into it? Or at least knew she was coming. How would he know if they didn't communicate in any way? I completely believe he had no idea she'd be stopping by - to Arizona.

so far behind and have only seen today's testimony from this morning so, am getting briefed here til afternoon testimony is uploaded to YouTube ..

Re: the above post...

I so very much hope that this fact is not lost to the jurors.. am I understanding correctly that this exact issue was brought up from the jurors questions???.. if I'm understanding correctly then IMO her ship has now sunk for certain..

IMO if the jury is aware to the point of their actually questioning and bringing forth the call/text/email timeline btwn Jodi and Travis then IMO they know that there was in fact no communication, therefor negating not only the entire crux of Jodi's claim that he invited, begged, and coerced her to come to Mesa..but more importantly established that he was completely unaware of her coming..ie. the surprise blitz attack by Jodi just as she planned it to be..

there was IMO zero communication and IMO if this jury has firm grasp of this fact then IMO it completely folds Jodi's entire house of cards..meaning they don't buy a single iota of her defense..jmo.

so, was this issue brought up by the jury in their questions??

TIA:)

The cross-examination of Dr Samuels will be great and a real eye opener, I predict. Juan hinted several times that she told him stories that conflicted with what she said on the stand. One had to do with the "rope" where she told Samuels that Travis used the knife to cut if off of her and that the knife was last seen by her on a nightstand.

That's the brilliance of JM IMO. He knows that Samuels and LaViolette are on the witness list. He has mentioned both of them and things that JA has said that have been conflicting. It's kind of like a dare to the defense. If you insist on putting these people up, be prepared for the arsenal of conflicting information I'll be handing out on cross.

Does the same thing with Matt M. The defence has to be really struggling with where to go next IMO.

It has been said in many posts that JM tries his case during rebuttal....he does not put all his cards on the table until then. But he will tie all this up with a nice bow. All JM did today was to followup on what the jurors asked (nothing else). JM still has a magic show coming.....have faith. Why would he put everything on display for the defense to "find excuses for"....we will see it come together be patient. Timing is everything!

The jury asked her the length of phone calls too. Right? Wonder why she didn't answer the question. :waitasec: Someone on that jury has her # and it's not her phone number. I don't think they will happy she didn't answer their question.

There were like 11 phone calls between them. All but two were initiated by Jodi. That's not consistent with him guilting her, but rather her checking up on him in preparation for her kill.

I don't understand coming to a crime site and posting how bored you are with a trial. A murder trial is not to entertain you. A murder trial is about getting justice for a murdered soul. If you aren't here to watch the justice system at work, to support a family needing justice, what are you here for? As many websleuthers as are going to the trial, could you imagine being a member of the family, coming here and reading "oh I'm not going to bother watching the trial anymore because it's boring".

With all due respect, maybe another channel and/or another thread might be more up your alley.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member