STORE & PHOTO HOURS
M-F Open 24 hours
Sat Open 24 Hours
Sun Open 24 Hours
PHARMACY HOURS
M-F Open 24 hours
Sat Open 24 Hours
Sun Open 24 Hours

Ah, weird. When I put Oak Beach in the "Find Location" query on the CVS website, that store wasn't returned. Apologies.

[modsnip]

Regardless of my initial error, I still don't see them picking up a prescription. Even if they had it written out beforehand, it would've taken a while for the pharmacy to prepare it. I know every time I've picked up a scrip, it's taken five to ten minutes for it to be prepared - longer if its on paper instead of in the pharmacy's computer system.

I'm still on the side of drugs, just not ones that needed to be picked up at a pharmacy.

Then again, I don't think CPH had much of anything to do with SG's disappearance.

I don't see it. Yes, CVS stores are typically open 24 hours a day - but their pharmacies typically are not. If the theory is that SG and JB obtained a scrip before/during this "lost time," they would've had to have found a CVS with a 24-hour pharmacy. The closest CVS to JB's place in Oak Beach appears to be the location at 150 South Wellwood Avenue in Lindenhurst, NY. That location's pharmacy closes at 10:00 p.m. on Fridays. As the aforementioned "lost time" is believed to have occurred after 2:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 1st, that discounts the possibility that the two could've gone there.

The only nearby CVS with a 24-hour pharmacy is located at the intersection of Montauk Highway and County Line Road in Amityville. I may be way off, but I'm assuming there's no way SG and JB can make it from Oak Beach to Amityville and back again in that fifteen to twenty minute window. Yes, the city of Amityville is geographically close to JB's place in Oak Beach, but they're quite far apart by car. He would've either had to have hopped on the Robert Moses Causeway north to Montauk Highway (the quicker of the two routes), or he would've had to have traveled west on Ocean Parkway, north on the Wantagh State Parkway and finally east on Montauk Highway.

To be clear - I definitely think they obtained drugs during that "lost time." I just don't think they obtained drugs that required a prescription.

Note: Apologies if some of this has been covered before. This is only my second post, but I feel like I've gleaned as much from this thread as I possibly can.

Tracing a prescription is very easy...if Hackett's name and DEA number had come up at that CVS at that time of the morning, LE would have been all over that.

My guess is that Shannan and Brewer did leave the house to score drugs, but I don't believe they ever went to the CVS. According to Brewer, Shannan went into the bathroom at some point that morning, and emerged acting erratically. I doubt Brewer is telling the whole story here, but I suspect part of it is true. I suspect that Brewer may have scored drugs with Shannan, and slipped her something she wasn't suspecting. Of course, I have no evidence to support that. It's interesting to note that Pak (who's account I also tend to take with a boatload of salt) mentioned the CVS in an interview. According to him, Shannan asked him to run to the CVS to pick up lubrication and playing cards. He told her no. So...did she call the CVS to make sure that they were open prior to calling Pak and asking him to run an errand? Seems plausible. But all we have to go on with respect to the CVS call is speculation at this point.

MK writes: Tracing a prescription is very easy...if Hackett's name and DEA number had come up at that CVS at that time of the morning, LE would have been all over that.

I agree. LI pharmacies don't make it easy for a scrip to get by under the table or not noticed by LE it anything questionable took place. With them being a target for addicts especially after the brutal robbery & killing in a pharmacy by an addict & his gf/wife they are under LE watchful eye on LI.

If there was some kind of prescription involved I defiantly think that would of been sleuthed out by now by someone on this bored and LE.
If them going to CVS was one big lie then why would SG her self have called? They prob were going to get some lubrication.

If there was some kind of prescription involved I defiantly think that would of been sleuthed out by now by someone on this bored and LE.
If them going to CVS was one big lie then why would SG her self have called? They prob were going to get some lubrication.

Neither you nor I could sleuth the prescription angle. If the police haven't asked for the prescription records, they wouldn't have a clue, either. All of it is pure speculation until/unless information is given to the public by the police.

I base my own suspicions on the following:

1. Phone call from Shannan's phone to CVS.
2. The CVS is less than 8 miles from JB's.
3. MP's comment about Shannan asking MP to go to CVS (for what is irrelevant, IMO).
4. The particular CVS has a 24 hr pharmacy.
5. A large time gap between the phone call to CVS and 911.
6. A doctor with prescription-writing privileges inserted himself into this case with a phone call to Shannan's mother (Shannon is dead- how she died is up for debate, but her body was not found in the area she disappeared for over a year and a half).
7. Said doctor is in the midst of a lawsuit for wrongful death.

In conclusion, I don't believe that CVS call is mere coincidence.

I wouldn't assume police did anything in this investigation. They have proven unreliable at best.

1. Either the body was there the entire time.
2. Or placed there in between disappearance and discovery,

Both are an embarrassment to police.

Early on, if I remember correctly, I heard on the news and/or read that detectives spoke to CVS. Tried finding but can't find some news articles of which I came across earlier. I will have to look @ what I saved on DVR unless auto deleted if my DVR needed to "make room".

Just throwing in my 2 cents without actual proof, but I don't think the Amityville CVS was built at the date in question. Could be wrong..

I wouldn't assume police did anything in this investigation. They have proven unreliable at best.

1. Either the body was there the entire time.
2. Or placed there in between disappearance and discovery,

Both are an embarrassment to police.

Absolutely, and the latter would mean foul play, unless you believe in walking dead...

Recently I visited the Ocean Parkway area for the first time. I didn't see the crosses left for the victims. Have they been removed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Which side of Ocean Parkway? I was looking on the same side as the infamous gated community.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

They are on the north side of the west bound lane. They mark the actual grave sites. Someone i knew death site is also marked there so don't get confused, he was on a motorcycle.

This location is approximately 8 miles from JB's home and at 2 am-ish, it's not a stretch of the imagination they weren't doing the speed limit.

You have to allow not only for travel time in both directions, but also the time it takes to walk from the car to the CVS, and the time it actually would take to fill a prescription.

Neither you nor I could sleuth the prescription angle. If the police haven't asked for the prescription records, they wouldn't have a clue, either. All of it is pure speculation until/unless information is given to the public by the police.

I base my own suspicions on the following:

1. Phone call from Shannan's phone to CVS.
2. The CVS is less than 8 miles from JB's.
3. MP's comment about Shannan asking MP to go to CVS (for what is irrelevant, IMO).
4. The particular CVS has a 24 hr pharmacy.
5. A large time gap between the phone call to CVS and 911.
6. A doctor with prescription-writing privileges inserted himself into this case with a phone call to Shannan's mother (Shannon is dead- how she died is up for debate, but her body was not found in the area she disappeared for over a year and a half).
7. Said doctor is in the midst of a lawsuit for wrongful death.

In conclusion, I don't believe that CVS call is mere coincidence.

LE would have investigated that. Firstly, there is a the record of the phone call, and secondly there are the comments made by Pak.

There are probably not too many prescriptions being filled at that time of the morning, plus, a pharmacy open 24 hours a day almost certainly has security video. So they would know for sure if she, or one of the other people involved, went there.

LE would have investigated that. Firstly, there is a the record of the phone call, and secondly there are the comments made by Pak.

There are probably not too many prescriptions being filled at that time of the morning, plus, a pharmacy open 24 hours a day almost certainly has security video. So they would know for sure if she, or one of the other people involved, went there.

Yeah but these guys are as dumb as rocks. Hence the body being in oak beach the entire time,

Yeah but these guys are as dumb as rocks. Hence the body being in oak beach the entire time,

Yes, and add to that: The "15 minutes" quote came from Pak. So, there is no telling how long they were really gone or if they ever actually left at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member