The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many rumors and personal opinions being stated as facts. It may help individuals further their own agenda, but does zero towards actually solving what happened to SG, the GB4, or any of the other victims found in the area.

threelittlebirdies, Hackett claims he got Mari's number from Pak and Diaz when they went to OB looking for Shannan. Heres the problem. He claimed he never called Mari. The phone bill shows otherwise. Why did he lie? Dont know if we will ever find out.

Something has been bothering me, Peaches, Cherries and JD2K were dismembered but the killer left their tattoos. He went through the trouble of spreading JD between Manorville and OP but he left her tattoo? He cuts up Peaches and Cherries but leaves the tattoo? Have they ever found Peaches head? I assume it wasnt in the tupperware with her body. I don't know...why would the killer dismember but then leave the tattoo? it wouldnt take much effort to slice it off compared to the dismemberment process. Were the bodies not dismembered to hinder ID...but then why dump JD at Manorville and OP? Part of me thinks that despite popular opinion this killer is actually of really low intelligence, like Ridgeway

From our understanding, Peaches head was never found. Jessica Taylor's tattoo was razored through a lot, sloppy job. Hard to id but yes, they ended up doing so.
So sad for the Gilbert family.

Im still shocked about Mari's death. She thought she could help Sarra. You cant compete with what the voices in someones head is telling them to do. Sad.

Im still shocked about Mari's death. She thought she could help Sarra. You cant compete with what the voices in someones head is telling them to do. Sad.

Yeah dee ..... it doesn't feel quite real...does it.

I admired Mari for her strength of courage to seek out justice .... and was so looking forward to the day she would get the answers she deserved...

That's why this discussion is taking place in 'THE RUMOR MILL'. It is a fact Hackett called Mari. Examining facts and looking at different possible scenario's that could fit into the facts is called brain storming and speculation. You really don't expect the perps to give you the truth do you?

It's a puzzle that no one has been able to find the missing pieces to so obviously the direction needs to shift.

threelittlebirdies, Hackett claims he got Mari's number from Pak and Diaz when they went to OB looking for Shannan. Heres the problem. He claimed he never called Mari. The phone bill shows otherwise. Why did he lie? Dont know if we will ever find out.

Why would he call Mari after she left running from his house and say that he runs a home for wayward girls and Shannon is under his care when. Mari said that is what he said on the phone. Either Mari lied about what was said or he really said that.

The phone calls from Hackett unfortunately were not discussed right a way. They were brought up later and people were going by memory. Did Hackett just forget he called her, did Mari get mislead into a false memory of the phone conversation? There is also discussion that there were more than one call and maybe they didn't all come from the doc. Like many things in this case, it was not dealt with properly or timely. Instead of knowing what the call was really about it only added to the confusion. And now that call will always just be part of the confusion.

The phone calls from Hackett unfortunately were not discussed right a way. They were brought up later and people were going by memory. Did Hackett just forget he called her, did Mari get mislead into a false memory of the phone conversation? There is also discussion that there were more than one call and maybe they didn't all come from the doc. Like many things in this case, it was not dealt with properly or timely. Instead of knowing what the call was really about it only added to the confusion. And now that call will always just be part of the confusion.

There is absolutely ZERO confusion with Hackett's May 3, 2010 call to Mari Gilbert at 1:42pm.

There is something that precipitated the call to Mari that freaked Hackett out so badly, he picked up the phone and called
(from his wife's phone to conceal his call to Mari.)

Later,when confronted with calling Mari on May 3, 2010 at 1:42pm he denied it.

Why?

Cuz he's guilty and one ALWAYS denies it when they are guilty.

But, mark my words, there is absolutely NO confusion as to the call Hackett made to MARI, none what so ever.

He denied it for as long as he could until 48 Hours forced SCPD to ADMIT that they had proof ALL ALONG
that Hackett called Mari.

TKM seems to know what he/she is talking about and I suspect knows more than what is printed above. I think Hackett knows a lot about what was going on in OB.

Yep ..... all of it was on the 48hours special. ...... The show addresses the phone issue on it and also receives letters back from
Hackett....

Come to think of it..... I saw copies of his reply letters where he verified the calls....ohhh...might have been from the show and I just froze the TV to read them.

The show is well worth watching to catch up ... or refresh ones memories.

How will Mari'S death impact the suit against Hackett?
Its a good question. It makes sense that we would wonder about this. The accused ( Hackett) has the right to confront his accuser. Mari' gone. No idea where it goes from here. JR said he will move forward in this case. He wants to see the people responsible for these killings brought to justice. Good for him.

Shannan was killed.

It's a homicide.
She was placed in the marsh.

Here is a link from a presser about the killer of Shannan.

http://launch.newsinc.com/share.html...deoId=31184859

RE: John Ray - "There is strong evidence that Dr. C. Peter Hackett took Shannan Gilbert under this control on May 1, 2010 into his home, medicated her and then left her to die in the marsh behind his home. Suffolk County Police and the County itself have vigorously fought the release of Shannan's 9-1-1 call. The family believes what's on that call holds the key to solving the whole puzzle of who killed Shannan and ultimately all the girls in the Long Island Serial Killer case."

So why don't the coppers release the call, eh?

I didn't say she wasn't murdered, did I? Because I don't recall saying that! I said maybe she could've gone into a schizophrenic, psychosis episode. That could've played a role into her murder. People who are engaging in several illegal activities have a girl who's going "crazy" saying that people are trying to kill her, etc and phoning the police, thusly getting them into serious legal trouble. That could've played a role. Especially when you have "prominent" members of society involved like a doctor. Reputations are important. That's all I was saying.

<modsnip>

TKM seems to know what he/she is talking about and I suspect knows more than what is printed above. I think Hackett knows a lot about what was going on in OB.

Seems that way. TKM, I hope this stuff is still able to come to light, even though tragically Mari won't be able to see the resolution. I so feel terribly for her daughter Shanna and the emotional and practical burdens she must be shouldering all the time. I hope she has a good support system in place.

I didn't say she wasn't murdered, did I? Because I don't recall saying that! I said maybe she could've gone into a schizophrenic, psychosis episode. That could've played a role into her murder. People who are engaging in several illegal activities have a girl who's going "crazy" saying that people are trying to kill her, etc and phoning the police, thusly getting them into serious legal trouble. That could've played a role. Especially when you have "prominent" members of society involved like a doctor. Reputations are important. That's all I was saying.

<modsnip>

Prominent? A disgraced former medical examiner, a coke head loser and a drifter w a penchant for strippers.....real prominent

As I have always said: I always was concerned more about how the 'investigation', or non-investigation was being conducted than who actually killed the gals. If you start thinking about it you should ask yourselves why did SC Executive Steve Bellone take the extraordinary steps of going to Spota's office and have a press conference stating Spota was running a "CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE".

CE BELLONE didn't say Spota engaged in selective prosecutions, he said Spota was running a Criminal Enterprise! We already know that his longtime friend, chief investigator, former Chief of Police James Burke has been sitting in a federal jail awaiting sentencing after he plead out to obstruction of justice by getting subordinates to lie for him.

We know that Spota was instrumental in having Burke being made Chief of Department. We also know that when Burke was moved out of the district attorney's office we know that Spota replaced him with a fellow named Madigan. We know that within a matter of a year Madigan became Chief of Detectives of the SCPD, and, therefore had direct control of the LISK case. We also know that Madigan had suddenly retired from the SCPD when he was at the highlight of his career, and did so without real explanation. If that doesn't raise some curious eyebrows then I don't know what will.

WAS SPOTA FRIENDS WITH BREWER? and his parties?
Could he have been there? Madigan? It's highly likely Burke was,
but there is a huge cover up.

It's the COVER UP that gets you in trouble. That's always the case.

Hackett = fall guy and he is obviously in it up to his eyeballs, but WHO is he covering up for.
Did he kill Shannan? Oh yeah, without a doubt. But the coppers HAVE HIS BACK to this day, THAT'S the problem.

No charges have been brought against peg leg.

There was a cover up. Starting with Dormers lie that LE search for Shannan all summer. How is that possible? Is the SCPD in the habit of looking for missing persons without a missing person report? If you recall Gus Coletti said DT showed up at his door in August 2010. He asked them what took so long to inquire about Shannan? They said they JUST RECEIVED the missing persons report from Jeresy City. Did anyone ever ask Jersey police when the report was sent over? We know Mari kept calling SCPD to look for Shannan. SC waited a yr and half to look for Shannan in the last place she was seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member