The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh:
Well my husband thinks I've really gone over the edge. When he walked by the other night and saw Jodi's hooha, he jumped and said what in the hell is that. So I explained what it was. He now just found me quietly laying in the bottom of the shower. I tried to explain that I had to because I didn't think he'd do it for me. He shook his head and closed the curtain.

:floorlaugh: .:giggle::silly:. ..:giggle: :floorlaugh: <------- All of us -------> :silly::floorlaugh::rotfl:

:doorhide: <------------ Your poor DH -----------> :eek:hwow:

That was a Pepsi in my mouth, out my nose moment. :silly:Thanks!!

Regarding the possible furel can purchases and the face that she purchased more gan that the car could hold.... I noticed on the receipt when she rented the car and it says :"Fuel out 8/8" which I take to mean that when she rented the car that it had 8/8th of a tank - meaning a full tank.
So I wonder when/where she stopped for gas and the cars mpg and the total milage etc.

That might be a blessing!! I dont think I could stand seeing any more of her 'lady garden' LOL I cant remember who called it that... I almost spit my drink when I saw it termed that. ROFL!!

Roflmao!

I'm still emotionally scarred from seeing the 3 hole wonder all up close....gak!

Lady garden sounds like it could be something nice or pretty. NOT HARDLY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She has pictures of him sitting on the shower floor and he was shot in a downwards motion so how can they make sense he was shot first in the shower and she felt threatened. He was behind a glass door and she was fully clothed, could have run out the front door at any time. She could have shot him in the leg to keep him from chasing her but a bullet to the temple while he is down, that's aiming to kill. It will be a real stretch to believe that. He did threaten her life. He threatened to take away what she felt was rightfully her's. His house, his car, his life, his money, their travel plans. She even took over his computer, had his ATM password. Her life was indeed ending but never was it a death situation for her. She kept him from moving on.

They had a list of "A thousand things to see before we die." Cancun was on that list. He cut her from the trip so she felt justified to cut him out of her life and everyone else's for that matter. He was never going to Cancun without her. jmo

If someone pulls a gun on you... you might duck or turn.

I agree.

Unbelievable

That was heartbreaking!

I'm just wondering by looking at the date if they weren't giving her the benefit of the doubt at the time?

Regarding the possible furel can purchases and the face that she purchased more gan that the car could hold.... I noticed on the receipt when she rented the car and it says :"Fuel out 8/8" which I take to mean that when she rented the car that it had 8/8th of a tank - meaning a full tank.
So I wonder when/where she stopped for gas and the cars mpg and the total milage etc.

Why? im confused?

BritsKate,
I'm trying to understand how JA shooting Travis first, and then stabbing and slitting his throat would help the defense. What am I missing? Why would she stab him after shooting? The stabbing couldn't possibly be self defense, since I'm sure she could have gotten away from him after the shooting. I feel like a dummy, but I just don't understand how it would help. :banghead: BTW, I just want to mention that I do not, in any way, believe it was self defense.

I think the defense would have preferred that the gunshot came first, in that if he died from it, the other injuries would not have been 'cruel' as he would have been dead. Cruel was a necessary element for Murder 1. One day during the trial, the judge went over a ruling by an earlier judge on this case which in essence stated that it didn't matter which injury came first the act itself was cruel. So, seems whether or not the gunshot came first won't matter. Someone help out if I interpreted this wrongly. Thanks.

Didn't he try to get off the case and the judge made him stay on?

I think I remember that.... From what I've read about Martinez.. not many people want to go up against him. It just seems like he doesn't care to be in the courtroom. I wouldnt want to sit at the same table with her either! He has to know that this is the trial of his life with very little chance of winning.
He is a little intimidating tho.

If someone pulls a gun on you... you might duck or turn.

I agree.

Or, if someone pulls a gun on you you might just freeze in your tracks and follow instructions. This is what I did years ago when I was robbed at gunpoint.

BritsKate,
I'm trying to understand how JA shooting Travis first, and then stabbing and slitting his throat would help the defense. What am I missing? Why would she stab him after shooting? The stabbing couldn't possibly be self defense, since I'm sure she could have gotten away from him after the shooting. I feel like a dummy, but I just don't understand how it would help. :banghead: BTW, I just want to mention that I do not, in any way, believe it was self defense.
The why really doesn't matter...the DV 'expert' can state that overkill is consistent with those who murder their abusers. (We won't mention overkill is found in a lot of cases - even stranger on stranger homicides.)

The State is seeking the DP because Travis suffered horribly. 'Cruel and heinous' - in AZ there are only 6 aggravating factors. If the defense can raise doubt that Travis did suffer a cruel and heinous murder the jury may not find the DP applicable. (And you are so not dumb!)

That's my understanding anyway (I could well be wrong) and truthfully the defense would be remiss not to attempt it. Between Flores and the ME testimonies they can make a case for it and leave it to the jury. I know it isn't 'perfect' but it doesn't have to be - the defense doesn't have a lot to work with. They'll have to throw it all at the wall and see what sticks.

(But I also think that they didn't even want it to get this far...they've been trying for a mistrial based on the inconsistencies in Flores' testimony since he testified.)

I had read he begged to be off this case and it was denied. He had to shut down his new law practice to defend the likes of Jodi! I'd be furious too.

That was heartbreaking!

I'm just wondering by looking at the date if they weren't giving her the benefit of the doubt at the time?

I don't know, it's like 9 months later. Don't remember when all the interviews took place. Perhaps they were hoping to get info out of her.

Or, if someone pulls a gun on you you might just freeze in your tracks and follow instructions. This is what I did years ago when I was robbed at gunpoint.

At that point I don't think there would have been instructions during a surprise attack.

He could have been on the ground, or standing up and ducking/turning when she fired the shot.

Me too!
I was frozen with fear, all I could remember was the gun. Thankfully my friend has a great eye, remain calm and gave a good description. They got him.:) no thanks to me.

I had read he begged to be off this case and it was denied. He had to shut down his new law practice to defend the likes of Jodi! I'd be furious too.

Think what a positive (from their view) outcome will do for him.

I'm sick of hearing/seeing Jose B.

Me too!
I was frozen with fear, all I could remember was the gun. Thankfully my friend has a great eye, remain calm and gave a good description. They got him.:) no thanks to me.

I can't believe you didn't give him the 'what for' :rocker: .

Think what a positive (from their view) outcome will do for him.

I'm sick of hearing/seeing Jose B.

If she doesn't get death, it's considered a win. IMO she won't be sentenced to death but should be.

I haven't see a good clear pic of the neck wound, but did read somewhere a few days ago that the cut wasn't with clean sharp edges, but that it was scalloped and ragged. Is there a pic of this somewhere? Thanks

Isabelle -- This is the only one I've seen -- it's pretty tuff to see.

Warning ---- Graphic Photo Below ---- Warning

Warning ---- Graphic Photo Below ---- Warning

Thanks to Salem for removing it!! It is in the Huffington site.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/jodi-arias-crime-scene-photos_n_2412031.html#slide=1968560

The dry humping doesn't help either

It was more than dry humping, they got busy. He wouldn't want to publicly admit to sex due to his being Mormon, but he is still a guy and what guy wouldn't expect the whole enchilada when a girl drives hours to see him. Also, his presumably Mormon wife would not want to hear about any pre-marital action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leledragon24