The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was only 30 years old and inexperienced with romantic relationships (or so it seems). I seriously doubt that most people that age would know how to handle this type of situation. This is not Travis' fault.

Very true. Her brand of crazy isn't run into everyday....thankfully.

Wicca, The Secret, Mormonism, what's next?

I know I saw it in the memorial video made by Chris Hughes....you know where the different sections have different songs and are each begun with a quote?

Some are Travis' quotes and some are people Travis admired....well one of the last ones was a quote from Travis saying "Marianne Williamson said it best when......"

What's so skeery about Marianne?

This is not Travis' fault.

NONE of this is Travis' fault. There is a difference between blaming him for what happened and pointing out what behavior of his made him vulnerable to such a person. Thank God that I have not read anything in the thousands of posts on this thread that said Travis deserved what he got.

It's such a shame we end up examining and speculating on his most private struggles, thoughts, feelings, etc. because his life was torn open and apart by JA. JA will murder him again in court next week as the defense attempts to assassinate his character.

Wow.......shudder.

What is she going to testify to? That JA is now her lover?:floorlaugh:

She's probably going to testify that the picture of her lady garden is true and accurate!!!

Im so bad!!!
:floorlaugh:

I have a lot of empathy for the victims of abuse. I do not see TA as an abuse victim.

I agree that JA should not be allowed to roam free - she is a very dangerous criminal who imo would only be emboldened if granted leniency.

I believe he was manipulated, I believe she abused him in a sense because she set out use and manipulate him, she stalked him, stripped away his privacy, destroyed his stuff, broke into his house, accounts etc. and she certainly abused him the day she slaughtered him. So yeah....he was abused.

It's incredibly stressful. Lots of lost sleep and hyper-villigence going on here.

This is how I learn getting a restraining order in NJ is ridiculously difficult for non domestic situations.

BBM: I was one of the first to undergo the new stalking law process when it got passed in Jersey in the early 90's. Additionally, my coworker was related to the poor girl Megan for which the sex offender/weirdo law is named.

In my case, after being stalked for 13 yrs. off and on by a man that had been in and out of Marlboro, finally the LE took legal and protective action. That is why, when there was a very controversial thread (don't want to be too OT) on WS recently, I smelled b.s. immediately and said so. Eventually, all the WS-ers figured it out to be a histrionic mom whose daughter had suicided. There was little to no evidence of stalking involved whatsoever. Stalkers are rarely subtle for long.....

I don't know how old your son is but my guess is it sounds like a very unstable, female schoolmate....someone he barely knows (which was the same for me many moons ago). Scary indeed.

But one quick question----> how did she manage to have the phone number show up as the police when she was calling. Could she work there? Weird!!!

Yes, and I think Travis was simultaneously disgusted and attracted by Jodi's sexual availability. I think that Travis may have been very angry and disappointed in himself for not being able to resist having sex. He wanted
to maintain his celibacy, but as you said, "you can't eat just one".

I also think Travis probably was turned off by Jodi's blase attitude toward sex after she converted to Mormonism. She had no such conflicting attitudes about sex---you don't go from straight laced Polly Purebread to splaying your backdoor and lady garden for the camera overnight. I don't have a problem with her being sexually active, I'm saying that it may have been disconcerting to Travis that JA could glibly accept Mormon baptism and yet also be sexually active. Also he was doing the same thing, and I bet he was angry at himself for the same thing.

On a different subect, from Jodi's blog I see her quoting Marianne Williamson and the Author of the Secret. These are both people deeply involved with New Thought, which is also part of New Age religion. Nothing could be further from Mormonism than New Age Religion. For Jodi to espouse both of these belief systems is disjointed to say the least.

I saw a picture somewhere last week with her and someone who authored or wrote... the Secret. No telling where I saw it tho.

I know I saw it in the memorial video made by Chris Hughes....you know where the different sections have different songs and are each begun with a quote?

Some are Travis' quotes and some are people Travis admired....well one of the last ones was a quote from Travis saying "Marianne Williamson said it best when......"

What's so skeery about Marianne?

Skeery,I was just pointing out she reinvented herself, at will, to serve her purpose.

Did you notice anything about those men, that set them apart, as to why they would be willing to put up with so much chaos ? I haven't known many willing to deal with all the drama....long term anyway. (Speaking specifically about BPD relationships)

There are numerous and complex reasons men stay in relationships with BPD's, and it's not at all uncommon.

Some reasons: Fear of retaliation, threats of false reports of domestic violence/rape/child abuse, fear of not being believed, hope that behavior will improve, fear of losing children/job/retirement/home, fear of being alone, buying into the BPD's contant declarations that the man is worthless/useless/ugly/undesirable/lazy/mean/etc, thinking no one else would want them, habit...and I could go on and on. Maybe most importantly, these men lose perspective on what's normal and what's abnormal because their boundaries and autonomy have been systematically destroyed. IMO

Yes, and I think Travis was simultaneously disgusted and attracted by Jodi's sexual availability. I think that Travis may have been very angry and disappointed in himself for not being able to resist having sex. He wanted
to maintain his celibacy, but as you said, "you can't eat just one".

I also think Travis probably was turned off by Jodi's blase attitude toward sex after she converted to Mormonism. She had no such conflicting attitudes about sex---you don't go from straight laced Polly Purebread to splaying your backdoor and lady garden for the camera overnight. I don't have a problem with her being sexually active, I'm saying that it may have been disconcerting to Travis that JA could glibly accept Mormon baptism and yet also be sexually active. Also he was doing the same thing, and I bet he was angry at himself for the same thing.

On a different subect, from Jodi's blog I see her quoting Marianne Williamson and the Author of the Secret. These are both people deeply involved with New Thought, which is also part of New Age religion. Nothing could be further from Mormonism than New Age Religion. For Jodi to espouse both of these belief systems is disjointed to say the least.
Jodi had no serious interest in Mormonism that I can see. She even told a guy in L.A. that she was "dabbling in it". When he asked her if she was wearing her Magic Underwear, she replied, "No, but there's magic in them!". That implies someone with sex on the brain. She committed the Top 2 sins in Mormonism- Murder and Premarital Sex. She claims she told Travis to talk to his Bishop about it, but everything that comes from her mouth is a lie- another sin in Mormonism. Most of this info. is from Mimi Hall, but I do know 3 Mormon families in real life, 2 are good friends. (I've yet to ask them though if they're getting their own planets!) I'm just surprised that the Mormon church in Arizona hasn't publicly come out and ex-communicated her yet!!! I think she only converted as a way to get Travis.
She clearly seduced Travis and introduced him to the K-Y. I have no doubt of that in my mind.:twocents: Look at the older Mormon guy that spent 2 hours in a car with her, and was ready to divorce his wife for her!!!

agree with this. Travis --because of his childhood - he was probably taking care of broken parents - might have been too inclined to give a broken person like Jodi too much slack. He tolerated more nutbag behavior than undamaged people would.

I think this too. I think that is why he was a motivational speaker. He believed he could help everyone he met live up to their potential like he was doing.

I think he initially really liked/loved her, then as he saw the veneer began to peel away, he felt both obligated to help her and also still drawn to her sexually.

Even when he knew he could no longer help her, he still wanted her sexually and IMO had a hard time being mean to her. It sounds like he told her off a few times, but I wonder if he felt bad or guilty about it and let her run over him again?

I have a lot of empathy for the victims of abuse. I do not see TA as an abuse victim.

I agree that JA should not be allowed to roam free - she is a very dangerous criminal who imo would only be emboldened if granted leniency.

Sorry, I respectfully disagree with this comment. Any kind of trespassing is abusive. Trespassing privacy (email, facebook, myspace) it's abusive. Manipulation and control are powerfully abusive tactics.

BBM: I was one of the first to undergo the new stalking law process when it got passed in Jersey in the early 90's. Additionally, my coworker was related to the poor girl Megan for which the sex offender/weirdo law is named.

In my case, after being stalked for 13 yrs. off and on by a man that had been in and out of Marlboro, finally the LE took legal and protective action. That is why, when there was a very controversial thread (don't want to be too OT) on WS recently, I smelled b.s. immediately and said so. Eventually, all the WS-ers figured it out to be a histrionic mom whose daughter had suicided. There was little to no evidence of stalking involved whatsoever. Stalkers are rarely subtle for long.....

I don't know how old your son is but my guess is it sounds like a very unstable, female schoolmate....someone he barely knows (which was the same for me many moons ago). Scary indeed.

But one quick question----> how did she manage to have the phone number show up as the police when she was calling. Could she work there? Weird!!!

Gonna pm as to not get off topic.

I honestly believe she showered off while standing on his dead body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really behind on the threads, but Linda your post gave me chills. Poor Travis. No one deserves this, and I agree with you.

:sad:

I don't think his guard was ever up. He continued to engage with her seemingly uninterrupted from the time they met until he was murdered.

I think most guys never really think their former gf will actually kill them, even if they showed obsessive/stalker tendencies in the past. I'm sure Travis had no experience whatsoever with this type of person and never thought he needed to protect himself. When Mimi said she was scared because Travis had a stalker, Travis told her not to be afraid. He left his doors unlocked up until the day he died. Despite what he said to his friend about looking for his body if he doesn't show up for dinner one Sunday -- I do not believe he ever thought she would harm him.

BBM

Good Evening Minor4th jumping off your post...

Anyone think TA's father figure thought something unusual when TA didn't show up for Sunday dinner ??

I believe he was manipulated, I believe she abused him in a sense because she set out use and manipulate him, she stalked him, stripped away his privacy, destroyed his stuff, broke into his house, accounts etc. and she certainly abused him the day she slaughtered him. So yeah....he was abused.

I believe he was doing quite a bit of manipulating himself.
He was a professional salesman after all.

There are numerous and complex reasons men stay in relationships with BPD's, and it's not at all uncommon.

Some reasons: Fear of retaliation, threats of false reports of domestic violence/rape/child abuse, fear of not being believed, hope that behavior will improve, fear of losing children/job/retirement/home, fear of being alone, buying into the BPD's contant declarations that the man is worthless/useless/ugly/undesirable/lazy/mean/etc, thinking no one else would want them, habit...and I could go on and on. Maybe most importantly, these men lose perspective on what's normal and what's abnormal because their boundaries and autonomy have been systematically destroyed. IMO

Could not have said it better! Profoundly put.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54