The surveillance video-**identified** man and the box of wine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did LE find the newly-purchased baby food and wipes in the house when they began searching for Lisa? If they're missing along with her that would be odd indeed. If these items are missing, what about the Festival Foods bag they came home from the store in? There should have been one or more empty Festival Foods bags somewhere in the house -- either still holding the baby items or in the garbage or recycling.

I agree with previous posts, it's not any more unusual for a mother to buy wine than a father.

I read that it was DB's brother on some other site yesterday and was hoping this would get out. One mystery solved :)

Thanks!

Now iff I can just learn to hold my posting until after I have read all posts in the thread!!!

*Hope everyone disregards my earlier post! I should know better by now!

So your saying price could be a deciding factor here. When I was a underage male drinker, I lived at home with my parents and payed no rent. So I bought the beer that I liked, and not just the cheapest beer.
The price and the alcohol percent by volume might have been considered. Compared to a wine's alcohol percent by volume, one needs to drink more than twice the amount of beer to get that buzz or keep the BAC elevated.

Some beers have much less alcohol per volume than other beers making the individual consume even more to keep the BAC elevated. The cost, obviously, goes up with the amount one consumed.
http://www.realbeer.com/edu/health/calories.php

The situation doesn't seem too mysterious any more. Underage brother wants box of wine (no accounting for taste), gives DB cash, DB buys wine and gets baby stuff as well while she's there, pays for wine separately to use brother's money, gives him the change, pays for her stuff, they leave but she has to carry the wine to avoid getting in trouble for buying it for him, they switch packages in the car.

I need a new clue for my handy dandy notebook....

I cannot believe all the clamor about buying a box of wine. Some people just always have a box of wine in the fridge in case they have guests that would like to have a glass. Some people I know have beer, wine, and lots of liquor in their house, but it doesn't mean they drink it every night or drink it until it is gone at one sitting.

I stop almost every night and get a 6 pack of beer and a pack of cigarettes. I don't drink it all usually, but so what if I do. So far I have not gone nuts or killed one of my dogs or my cat. Actually, it makes me quite happy and relaxed. I think this is a menial thing that is being blown way out of proportion.

Also if the neighbor was coming over to watch a movie maybe they shared a glass of wine. I would think that if LE thought alcohol was a problem we would have 'heard' about it. Now if there is a video showing DI buying a box of wine the night before, and one two nights before, that might indicate a problem. JMO

The situation doesn't seem too mysterious any more. Underage brother wants box of wine (no accounting for taste), gives DB cash, DB buys wine and gets baby stuff as well while she's there, pays for wine separately to use brother's money, gives him the change, pays for her stuff, they leave but she has to carry the wine to avoid getting in trouble for buying it for him, they switch packages in the car.

I'm sorry is your post reporting facts that have been substantiated or is this just a scenario you have come up with? tia

I have thought about this some and I don't really care who wanted the box of wine. just want to know if it was still accounted for when LE came, at least very nearly full, or if someone, anyone, got all boozed up the night baby Lisa disappeared.

Do you have a real reason for the release of this video?

There is no real reason other than the media is going to devour anything and anybody to keep a news story in the headlines and make money through ratings.

Respectfully snipped :

I am sorry if my words are "confusing" ... but ... it has NOT been released to the public as to who AUTHORIZED the RELEASE of the store video ...

It is My Opinion that there IS a REAL REASON this video was released -- and it is MY OPINION that it is "something" has to do with DB and her TIMELINE that she gave to LE ...

All My Opinion ...

I cannot believe all the clamor about buying a box of wine. Some people just always have a box of wine in the fridge in case they have guests that would like to have a glass. Some people I know have beer, wine, and lots of liquor in their house, but it doesn't mean they drink it every night or drink it until it is gone at one sitting.

I stop almost every night and get a 6 pack of beer and a pack of cigarettes. I don't drink it all usually, but so what if I do. So far I have not gone nuts or killed one of my dogs or my cat. Actually, it makes me quite happy and relaxed. I think this is a menial thing that is being blown way out of proportion.

Also if the neighbor was coming over to watch a movie maybe they shared a glass of wine. I would think that if LE thought alcohol was a problem we would have 'heard' about it. Now if there is a video showing DI buying a box of wine the night before, and one two nights before, that might indicate a problem. JMO

BBM

Don't know why WE would have heard about it. LE isn't obligated to tell us anything at all.

But at any rate...the wine might be important, or it might not be important. Some folks are responsible drinkers :)seeya:) and some folks aren't. I don't have a problem considering the idea that perhaps alcohol might be a factor here. But, that's just me.

I don't know if this has already been asked, as I have to skip through some of the pages, but was the baby food and wipes accounted for in the house?

BBM

Don't know why WE would have heard about it. LE isn't obligated to tell us anything at all.But at any rate...the wine might be important, or it might not be important. Some folks are responsible drinkers :)seeya:) and some folks aren't. I don't have a problem considering the idea that perhaps alcohol might be a factor here. But, that's just me.

You are right and they really haven't told us much at all have they? Seems that all the detail we have whether good or bad has come from the parents. As far as being responsible drinkers, I never drank when my children were small just never thought of it. But, after I had my third child, my mother in law was driving me crazy. One day before she came over I did fix myself a small drink of o.j.and vodka. It helped make her visit tolerable, but I did not make a habit of it although it was tempting. Now I drink when I have to deal with my daughters in law. lol

Maybe DI found a glass of wine relaxing at the end of the day. And I too would like to know if the LE found the box empty, half full, or there at all. jmo

I'm sorry is your post reporting facts that have been substantiated or is this just a scenario you have come up with? tia

The underage brother part I guess is confirmed now. The box of wine and 2 separate transactions are also confirmed. The part where she hands the change to her brother and carries the wine out of the store while he carries a bag (I guess with the baby wipes and baby food) is on the tape.

So the unconfirmed part is that the wine was for the underaged brother and paid for with money that came from him. That part is my speculation only.

Respectfully shortened

Having worked with dual diagnosis patients for three decades, IMO the following may explain why an underage male is interested in wine rather than beer:

-The cheapest discount beers like Natural Ice (5.9% abv, $13 for a 30-pack, $1.83 per 3 oz. of alcohol)

-MD 20/20, Thunderbird, and Night Train Express. (18% abv, $3 for 750 ml, $1.96 per 3 oz. of alcohol)

-High gravity malt liquor, (~8% abv, $2 for 40 oz., $1.84-$1.87 per 3 oz. of alcohol), and

-cheapest vodka -Popov vodka (40% abv, $14 for 1.75 liters, $1.77 per 3 oz. of alcohol)

Here are some statistcs for some box wines:
Franzia box-o-wine, white (13.6% abv, $11 for 5-liter box, $1.43 per 3 oz. of alcohol)

Franzia box-o-wine, red (13.6% abv, $8.50 for 5-liter box, $1.11 per 3 oz. of alcohol)

Pensfan
_______
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Maybe it's because I live in the wild west and in cowboy country, but the underage dudes here wouldn't becaught dead drinking wine. The dudettes wouldn't either come to think about it. Now hard liquor is another story. They love that stuff. But never ever ever wine. lol.

Maybe it's because I live in the wild west and in cowboy country, but the underage dudes here wouldn't becaught dead drinking wine. The dudettes wouldn't either come to think about it. Now hard liquor is another story. They love that stuff. But never ever ever wine. lol.

I agree with you. I can totally not see people sitting on the tailgate drinking wine. But in their own home with their sister? Sure.
I can also see an older sister saying "Yeah I'll buy it, but I'm buying something *I* will drink too and you are sharing with me."
So if she bought it for him it may not have been his first choice either.

Cowboy country here too... but a rebel. I have never had wine and will not drink beer.
I started with wine coolers and then moved up to orange juice and vodka.

Orange/peach/mango drinks are the only thing I will drink.

With the ONE exception of the "give me a d@mn bloody mary so I don't throw my mother-in-law off the airplane" incident...

My 21 year old brother WILL drink wine. Even with friends. He doesn't like mixed drinks.
Then again, he is just a totally anomaly in many ways and definitely NOT a cowboy. :waitasec:

Respectfully shortened

Having worked with dual diagnosis patients for three decades, IMO the following may explain why an underage male is interested in wine rather than beer:

-The cheapest discount beers like Natural Ice (5.9% abv, $13 for a 30-pack, $1.83 per 3 oz. of alcohol)

-MD 20/20, Thunderbird, and Night Train Express. (18% abv, $3 for 750 ml, $1.96 per 3 oz. of alcohol)

-High gravity malt liquor, (~8% abv, $2 for 40 oz., $1.84-$1.87 per 3 oz. of alcohol), and

-cheapest vodka -Popov vodka (40% abv, $14 for 1.75 liters, $1.77 per 3 oz. of alcohol)

Here are some statistcs for some box wines:
Franzia box-o-wine, white (13.6% abv, $11 for 5-liter box, $1.43 per 3 oz. of alcohol)

Franzia box-o-wine, red (13.6% abv, $8.50 for 5-liter box, $1.11 per 3 oz. of alcohol)

Pensfan
_______
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

I'm not an underage male, but you just convinced me to buy boxed Franzia wine! That ought to last a couple of weeks. :floorlaugh: Maybe you can help me with the grocery shopping too, heck, you may have a little side job here. ;)

Concerning the wine, we still do not know who it was for, if it is accounted for or not. If mom had a few glasses before bed it would certainly help explain not hearing anything, although this would not be the first time an intruded has gotten in and out without a peep.

Passing the box to the young man could just be a thing they do as family, the guy carries the heavy stuff. The change could be b/c it was bought for him or someone at his home, or it could be mom had no pockets.

Dr Drew tonight
We'll be continuing our coverage of this case tonight @ 9: "Baby Lisa's Uncle Identified as Man in Surveillance Tape" - http://ow.ly/6WOb9

I agree AZ.

Another thought:

If this tape were crucial to the investigation LE would not have either released it or they would have asked that whomever had possession of the tape not to release it. LE can't make someone not release it but they sure can get a court order to stop them if they want to---if it's crucial to their investigation.

We've seen that in cases before. I'd have to hunt it down if someone wants a link. My guess is this transaction isn't important to Lisa being missing. Although it does help us as websleuths to figure out how Lisa's day might have gone on that particular day.

All JMHO.

Ms Facetious, I like your taste in drinks! Cheers! :seeya:

The more I think about it, the less important this video seems, JMO. I got worked up about it, but honestly I think that a lot of the benign scenarios posted in this thread seem totally reasonable.:twocents:

I don't see Lisa in the video and no suggestions that the two have murderous intent and their purchases seem fairly trivial.
I can only see a few ways that this video could have significance in a trial.

In case it's family related:
-if it turns out that Lisa was killed by ingested wine or by an intoxicated person (see, this is where the wine came from)
-if they said they were somewhere else at the time and deny shopping for wine and babyfood (see, this is what they were really doing)
-if it turns out that Lisa was already dead at the time and mom knew it (see, this is how much she cared)

In case it's a stranger abduction:
-I can't really think of anything unless the perp is in the video (see, s/he heard them talking about mom's plans to drink wine when baby falls asleep, s/he saw his opportunity and took it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper