Theories about Ron's breaks and werk schedule

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand it, his neighbor/friend stated that he'd injured his hands by hitting his car. Then it came out that he'd actually hit his hand on the door. Both these stories were told, but the time frame was that he injured his hand (somehow) when he discovered that Haleigh was missing.

It's just another one of those buffet of choices for versions of stories we have in this case.

Weren't those cuts around his nails? Trying to go from memory here. Punching a door would result in the large knuckle bones being bruised or abraised. I thought his injuries were spread out more..I will go check..

Weren't those cuts around his nails? Trying to go from memory here. Punching a door would result in the large knuckle bones being bruised or abraised. I thought his injuries were spread out more..I will go check..

I thought his cuts were in all the wrong places to be consistent with punching a door or a wall. Most were below the knuckles, and actually between his fingers. Since he was working in the landscape business, I thought it could have happened in that capacity. Since the cuts were fresh, I assume it was something more sinister. I lean toward Ronald being guilty, so I would see it that way.

Does anyone else here wonder about the absence of leaks from PDM employees? If my husband worked there I'd probably torture him (verbally, of course) to find out every little tidbit about RC. Of course, then I would have to tell my best friend (after she promised not to tell a soul). Of course, she had to tell her brother and then he had to............
WHY NO LEAKS??????

Lcoast, I wish you would post more often. This is a wonderful post. I was one of the ones who after hearing the 911 call, my initial reaction was "They know what happened." The call was a dead giveaway that it was fake. Thanks for the input.

You always say the nicest things, you know that I feel the same about you! but looking back, I've found I just get annoying, when I post too much! ;)

The 911 call and Ron rolling around on the ground at the press conference, I don't remember which was released first, but one set the wheels in motion and the other clenched it. There were no tears and I swear if you watch closely - he looks towards the reporters real quick, to make sure they were watching. RC seemed more like the type, from day one, to be tearing up the world - looking for his "baby girl" than the type to drop to the ground and cry on his mama, but it never happened.

I tried watching the new tapes (couldn't do it) the 911 call came on during one of them. There was no fear in MC, she was fairly calm given the situation - "Oh, I just woke up and the kitchen light is on and the back door is open and our daughter is GONE and I was sleeping. (I'm paraphrasing) But the dispatcher after listening to all this asked "Your what is gone?" Like he heard so many things, he wasn't sure - was the door missing, the kitchen light missing or what was that last bit you tossed out there????

I promise if she ordered a pizza and it showed up with the wrong toppings, we would hear more emotion in her voice!

I can't imagine having to make that phone call, but I know if I ever did, I would sound much more like Cindy Anthony in call 3 (minus the the odor in the damn car, I hope) - than I would MC.

I'm glad you posted this however long ago, now it's known RC's regular shift ended at 12am midnight. Given a 30 minute unpaid lunch break the above posted hours fit the math perfectly. Two shifts starting at 7am and ending at midnight = 8 1/2 hr. shifts counting the 30 minute lunch break. Many but not all companies do not pay for lunch breaks.

It's my belief RC didn't go in early, I believe after a year now his shift began at 3:30pm and ended at midnight.

Believing this the question becomes, who picked up Haleigh at the bus stop?

Only on Monday morning, Jerry Santos, a neighbor at the bus stop with his children tells me Ronald raced by in his purple car with tinted windows, coming inches away from hitting a pickup truck–and mowing him and kids down in the loading area. Inside the vehicle, Santos could make out Haleigh. “My daughter was still scared that afternoon about how close he came, she couldn’t stop talking about it,” says Santos.

Other parents tell me Haleigh did not ride the bus that morning, raising questions about whether Misty spent Sunday night elsewhere; it looked like Ronald had to scramble to get Haleigh to school on time, turning him into a speed demon, perhaps concerned another tardy would put him in hot water with Haleigh’s school and the Department of Family Services.

Haleigh did ride the bus home. Ronald has said he picked her up and took her home before he went to work, but two sets of parents tell me they saw Misty pull up in the blue van, and yell at the children to hurry as they piled in. “I remember Haleigh was smiling when she got off the bus,” Santos wife tells me.
This info came from here....http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...hours+were&cd=16&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&ie=UTF-8
and about half way down the page under White Boy Greg and Misty Cummings. Very interesting stuff if you can believe everything you read. I googled to find this, so I hope the link works.

[/B]

Only on Monday morning, Jerry Santos, a neighbor at the bus stop with his children tells me Ronald raced by in his purple car with tinted windows, coming inches away from hitting a pickup truck–and mowing him and kids down in the loading area. Inside the vehicle, Santos could make out Haleigh. “My daughter was still scared that afternoon about how close he came, she couldn’t stop talking about it,” says Santos.

Other parents tell me Haleigh did not ride the bus that morning, raising questions about whether Misty spent Sunday night elsewhere; it looked like Ronald had to scramble to get Haleigh to school on time, turning him into a speed demon, perhaps concerned another tardy would put him in hot water with Haleigh’s school and the Department of Family Services.

Haleigh did ride the bus home. Ronald has said he picked her up and took her home before he went to work, but two sets of parents tell me they saw Misty pull up in the blue van, and yell at the children to hurry as they piled in. “I remember Haleigh was smiling when she got off the bus,” Santos wife tells me.
This info came from here....http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...hours+were&cd=16&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&ie=UTF-8
and about half way down the page under White Boy Greg and Misty Cummings. Very interesting stuff if you can believe everything you read. I googled to find this, so I hope the link works.

Thanks Maryann, yes and I believe thats true. There is video of RC standing besides the Sheriff saying, "I picked her up at the bus stop." TN also reported on the NG show either she or RC picked up Haleigh at the bus stop.

Since I firmly believe RC's shift started at 3:30pm I'm just pointing out there was a conflict. Either Ron would pick her up at the bus stop or he was late for work. I'll leave it for others to decide.

Here is a better pick of the injury:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Haleigh Cummings/?action=view&current=Image131-1Brandi.png

OOOPS! won't let me link...so go to that double cranky person's photo bucket and look at image #131.

It looks as it he did hit something solid. The pinky finger looks as if it has recent blood running down between the fingers (could be shadows)

In another pic, I thought I saw blood on his thumb nail bed. That pic is the one the first day when he was holding the cell in his hand.

[/B]

I always believed Misty picked Haleigh up, because there was never an explanation for changing the story. No, 'oops Misty just got her days mixed up'-& I remember Teresa saying that SHE HERSELF, picked Haleigh up. Why so many variations? When people lie, they're hiding the truth, & when they're hiding the truth, they're covering for something wrong. Simple. Lie=hide=cover. Why did Ron & Teresa want to take credit for picking her up? Did they simply want to 'lovingly' insert themselves in her last day, or is there a more sinister reason? In the beginning, Ron was emphatic that Misty didn't leave the trailer, that night, because she had no car. If she picked Haleigh up, she obviously had access to a vehicle. Did Misty picking up Haleigh have something to do with what later happened? I'd have to say yes...because if it didn't? there would be no reason to lie.

You always say the nicest things, you know that I feel the same about you! but looking back, I've found I just get annoying, when I post too much! ;)

The 911 call and Ron rolling around on the ground at the press conference, I don't remember which was released first, but one set the wheels in motion and the other clenched it. There were no tears and I swear if you watch closely - he looks towards the reporters real quick, to make sure they were watching. RC seemed more like the type, from day one, to be tearing up the world - looking for his "baby girl" than the type to drop to the ground and cry on his mama, but it never happened.

I tried watching the new tapes (couldn't do it) the 911 call came on during one of them. There was no fear in MC, she was fairly calm given the situation - "Oh, I just woke up and the kitchen light is on and the back door is open and our daughter is GONE and I was sleeping. (I'm paraphrasing) But the dispatcher after listening to all this asked "Your what is gone?" Like he heard so many things, he wasn't sure - was the door missing, the kitchen light missing or what was that last bit you tossed out there????

I promise if she ordered a pizza and it showed up with the wrong toppings, we would hear more emotion in her voice!

I can't imagine having to make that phone call, but I know if I ever did, I would sound much more like Cindy Anthony in call 3 (minus the the odor in the damn car, I hope) - than I would MC.

Please LCoastMom, don't paint me out to be too nice. At this moment there is a post about how horrible I am on ETSY.com.
You have a great point about Misty's reaction on the 911 call the night Haleigh is reported missing. Compare it to the Misty's second 911 call the night her purse was swiped and her arm was injured. The difference is night and day in her emotions.
In that initial 911 call, I found Misty to be somewhat confused as to what to say. As if she was being told what to say. She was very unsure of herself and her voice changed whenever she had to cut away from the call and talk to Ron. She was lying when she said "our daughter" and had difficultly keeping up that ruse.
She could not even tell the 911 operator what Haliegh was last seen wearing, a very important part of finding a child. My take is that it was decided Misty would make the 911 call and Ron would be furious in the background. The act didn't go over very well, did it.
As for your feelings when you post too often, I guess we will just have to excuse you and wait till you are moved to join us again in writing. Kind of like a guest poster.
jmo

If Haleigh WAS abducted, who picked her up, would be vitally important. A perv could've targeted her @ the bustop & then followed them, to see where they lived. The actual picker-upper, would likely remember some important details. The fact that they've all lied about who picked her up, tells me that they all know there was never an intruder.

ron.jpg

just throwing this out there. it looks like Ron was no stranger to busted up hands and knuckles.

Please LCoastMom, don't paint me out to be too nice. At this moment there is a post about how horrible I am on ETSY.com.
You have a great point about Misty's reaction on the 911 call the night Haleigh is reported missing. Compare it to the Misty's second 911 call the night her purse was swiped and her arm was injured. The difference is night and day in her emotions.
In that initial 911 call, I found Misty to be somewhat confused as to what to say. As if she was being told what to say. She was very unsure of herself and her voice changed whenever she had to cut away from the call and talk to Ron. She was lying when she said "our daughter" and had difficultly keeping up that ruse.
She could not even tell the 911 operator what Haleigh was last seen wearing, a very important part of finding a child. My take is that it was decided Misty would make the 911 call and Ron would be furious in the background. The act didn't go over very well, did it.
As for your feelings when you post too often, I guess we will just have to excuse you and wait till you are moved to join us again in writing. Kind of like a guest poster.
jmo

I to feel that Misty was being told what to say. If you go back and listen to the 911 call you can hear when she pauses as if she is waiting for someone to tell her what to tell the 911 dispatcher. I felt like maybe Ron was listening while Misty made the call and told her what to say. Wouldn't it be something if there was paper found with writing on it. Maybe someone was writing down what she was to say and that is why she paused so much. She really can't read. Also, Misty claims she woke a little before 3AM and noticed Haleigh missing and "RON ARRIVED 5 MIN AFTER SHE NOTICED HALEIGH MISSING". Misty claims Ron had her call 911 as soon as he got home, what time did he really get home? The call was not placed until 3:27AM. If Misty woke before "3" AM what was she and Ron doing and for how long until that 911 call? That is why I feel that Ron was the one that told Misty what to say. Why would she not call 911 as soon as she noticed the Haleigh was missing and the back door was open? You would think she would of been scared and ran back to the room and locked the door and called for help.

Quoting Whisperer from another thread because I was going off topic with my reply.

Here is an article I found and didn't know how to start a new thread on it. It concerns PDM and rc's attorney's press release at the time. It states that rc was to return to work on the monday following Haleigh's disappearance which makes perfect sense. Most companies give you about a week (or less) for family death. Apparently rc made no contact with them.

He was released for abandoning his job. PDM has been mum and we only hear from an attorney for rc. rc was extremely angry and must have called PDM and told them how angry he was since they called LE and had to get security for a few days.

NOW, most companies do all they can to help out a grieving parent who works for them. PDM has zipped their mouths and have gone one step further by not ever allowing any word out there concerning rc's work hours on feb. 9, 2009.

I suggest there is a reason and one could be that he actually abandoned his job on February 9, 2009 at some point. RC and his attorney waited it out and rc called after a few months (thinking the sympathy cue was locked in) and found out he was replaced. He was furious (I have no doubt)

At no point has RC ever mentioned WHEN he was supposed to return to his job . Oddly that tidbit was kept from us also. Here is the link to his attorney's press release....see what you think about when rc was actually to return to his job:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/041609cummings_attorney_fires_back

If you notice they dispell the first report from Jacksonville about his PDM employment and dismissal (and I concur) but you can see that rc is already gearing up a new way to get money and start on his Crystal pursuit. Anyone get the impression he is a vindictive person and if there was any idea that anyone else hurt his child, they would be breathing at this point?

Kimball said the article was not correct – that Ron was told that his employer was holding his job open. Kimball alleges that Ron was told by his employer that he could start back to work the Monday following Haleigh’s disappearance. He was prepared to go into work when he was told the Friday before that the offer was being withdrawn.

Whoa, that's news to me. I never knew that he was fired so early I must have read Kimball's press release (I think I read them all), but I don't remember having heard that he was supposed to return to work Monday 16th February and had already been fired on Friday 13th. I was always under the impression that his getting fired was a recent thing when the news was published (this article is from April 16)

When was he fired, for real???

I found this post by Indiana at Heart dated
04-16-2009,

From the time of Haleigh's disappearance, Ronald Cummings was told that his employer was holding his job open. He was told by his employer that he could start back to work on Monday, April 6, 2009. Ronald agreed to this date and was prepared to go into work when he was told on Friday, April 3, 2009 that the offer to return to work was being withdrawn for "abandoning his job

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...press-release-cummings-041609,0,1808531.story

Donjeta, the link you referenced from Indiana at Heart doesn't seem to work anymore.

That was not the media's words about him returning to work a week after, but his attorney's words.

Makes sense that one would get about a week's grievance pay. Reading the press release from the attorney, it seems like he was given a week (per routine company policy) but rc stretched it out. Ten to one they sent a letter and that is when he called.

The timing seems awfully coincidental. Wonder which was first, the egg or the chicken. If there was no agreement to return he and his lawyers could have come up with the idea "We'll insist it was agreed that I'll return next Monday, it's word against word and who can ever prove that it wasn't so since there's nothing on paper" after he was fired on Friday.

If it was really agreed (in a phonecall? personal meeting? via third person? Who agreed with whom? Kimball doesn't say) that he'd return on Monday, his employers must have been reviewing the situation the previous week, hoping to find some loophole to fire him, and oops, they find out he hasn't filed the official paperwork to apply for a leave. Or maybe they had known it all along but didn't confront him with it on purpose in time for him to fill the paperwork up, to give them the excuse to get rid of him...? It begs the question, why were they so eager to fire him? I don't buy it about him being fired because there were lots of people begging for jobs. I bet that didn't stop just because they fired him. And if it was just about them needing someone to fill his position ASAP there seemingly was no problem if he was willing to go back to fill it the next working day.

:eek:fftopic:

I notice that the press release quoted by AH specifically names the reporter Dana Treen as a subject of their displeasure. A little less than a year later that same reporter is Ronald's best pal and one of the first persons he calls from jail...? I don't know what it means but I find it interesting.

ron.jpg

just throwing this out there. it looks like Ron was no stranger to busted up hands and knuckles.

I have seen that pic with better lighting and the right hand and forearm are really cutup.

Can anyone date that photo? I can't tell Haleigh's age...she is so tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump