Theories about Ron's breaks and werk schedule

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
suspicious1 got exactly what I was saying. I think, yes, either RC came home on a lunch/dinner break OR he had gotten off earlier than 3am, came home and left again.

Speaking of a lunch/dinner break -- working the hours he did, you KNOW he legally had to take a break and PDM seems to be a big enough company to make sure he did. Sooooo, where did he go on his break? Was he accounted for for that hour? Does he claim to have just eaten in their cafeteria? If so, is it proven?

bbm

I have no knowledge of PDMs break times, but...

Federal law does not require lunch or coffee breaks.
http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/workhours/breaks.htm

Also...

There are a number of employment practices which the FLSA does not regulate. For example, the FLSA does not require:

(1) vacation, holiday, severance, or sick pay;
(2) meal or rest periods, holidays off, or vacations;
(3) premium pay for weekend or holiday work;
(4) pay raises or fringe benefits;
(5) a discharge notice, reason for discharge, or immediate payment of final wages to terminated employees; and
(6) pay stubs or "W-2"s.
http://www.dol.gov/elaws/esa/flsa/screen6.asp

ETA: Although Florida does not have a lunch and break law for those persons 18 and over, there are applicable federal rules for Florida citizens. While Federal Law does not mandate specific breaks or meal periods, it does give guidance as to whether or not an employee should be paid during these times.
http://blog.laborlawcenter.com/2006/...and-break-law/

bbm

I have no knowledge of PDMs break times, but...

Federal law does not require lunch or coffee breaks.
http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/workhours/breaks.htm

Also...

There are a number of employment practices which the FLSA does not regulate. For example, the FLSA does not require:

(1) vacation, holiday, severance, or sick pay;
(2) meal or rest periods, holidays off, or vacations;
(3) premium pay for weekend or holiday work;
(4) pay raises or fringe benefits;
(5) a discharge notice, reason for discharge, or immediate payment of final wages to terminated employees; and
(6) pay stubs or "W-2"s.
http://www.dol.gov/elaws/esa/flsa/screen6.asp

ETA: Although Florida does not have a lunch and break law for those persons 18 and over, there are applicable federal rules for Florida citizens. While Federal Law does not mandate specific breaks or meal periods, it does give guidance as to whether or not an employee should be paid during these times.
http://blog.laborlawcenter.com/2006/...and-break-law/

Very interesting post Mish. Thanks for the research. However, I was under the assumption if a company has a contract with the federal government and is doing work for the U.S. the company would have to follow federal guidelines in treatment of employees. Maybe I'm wrong.

I always understood that an employee must receive a fifteen minute break every four hours and a 30 minute lunch for eight hours. Breaks paid but not lunch...unless company is generous.

I always understood that an employee must receive a fifteen minute break every four hours and a 30 minute lunch for eight hours. Breaks paid but not lunch...unless company is generous.

Thats what I thought too, until I went to work for a factory that gives two 20 minute breaks for 12 hours. Thats when I checked into the laws re breaks/lunch. After being laid off for 1 1/2 years, I'm just happy to be working.

Thats what I thought too, until I went to work for a factory that gives two 20 minute breaks for 12 hours. Thats when I checked into the laws re breaks/lunch. After being laid off for 1 1/2 years, I'm just happy to be working.

Dang,Mish ! I mean I am so glad you have work, many don't, but dang !
So sad, those economy-wrecking b#$%!rds have us. Hope you do well.
Thanks for the info, I too thought RC was probably on the 30 m lunch 2 15 m breaks as I thought it was law !

I have been reading here for months, and it is so sweet to see these newer threads with facts, facts, facts. I learned more today than in the previous 3 months I think, thank you. Hmmm, :)

Thank you for joining us, Percy!!! We're very glad to have you on Websleuths! :blowkiss:

On Levi's show live radio last night it was proven that the companies time clock was off.
Just got company, will get link......

On Levi's show live radio last night it was proven that the companies time clock was off.
Just got company, will get link......

Just a small correction: It was stated; it was not proven.

JMPO...but Ron smokes...he takes any breaks he can get.

Shoemaker actually said Ron was about forty five minutes early. If he drops Haleigh a few minutes after four, has a nineteen minute commute, he is there about forty five minutes early.

Why get there early? To avoid traffic? To get away from his "girlfriend" that has just been drug home from a drug binge sleeping with another guy weekend?

I am no fan of Ron's but I don't think he drove home and killed his kid. JMO

That said I have never bought into the idea that Ron is a crane operator. Not smart enough. Not disciplined enough. Not sure he could pass a drug test. Don't think he has a license. Seems like a HUGE liablity for a company of PDM's size. Again JMO.

And lastly the most suspicious thing to me with the nineteen minute commute is who in the world says their commute is nineteen minutes? In normal language isn't that a twenty minute commute? I personally say my commute is less than five minutes. I wouldn't say it takes me four minutes. Just an observation.

Maybe he went early TO TRAFFIC???????????? :waitasec:

Dad's Timeline Solidifies

Posted: Saturday, 05 September 2009

"Snip" VIDEO at link: TJ Hart on Nancy Grace Show http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5154674.php

Nancy Grace asked Ronald's attorney some questions about his timeline on February 9, 2009. Terry Shoemaker said on national television that Ronald picked up Haleigh at the bus stop at 3:30 and It takes him 19 minutes to go from home to work at PDM. Shoemaker then cleared up a significant grey area stating that Ronald usually gets to work about 45 minutes or so early for his 5pm shift at PDM, putting him at work around 4pm but not actually working until 5pm.
Both investigators and PDM officials say Ron was at work the whole shift.

Who goes to work 45 minutes ahead of schedule, especially when those are the only few minutes you get to see your daughter during the week.

What would be so important to just pick up your kid, and drop her off at home, and take off for work to be 45 minutes early.

Since this makes no sense, it should be questioned.

Does anyone else recall way back in the beginning it was said that Ron was doing some landscaping work that day before he so called picked up Haleigh from the bus stop and went to work at PDM. Anyone? I can not find the article/video report anywhere. But I do remember.
I really want to know, what time did he say he was working at the Landscaping co. and where is it located? Did LE confirm he was working at the landscaping co?
Anyone? TIA

Oh, I wanted to add. I think it's odd that he was also working at the tree service on Wed before his arrest. I thought he was on unemployment?

Why does this tree/landscaping keep coming up but no follow up?

Does anyone else recall way back in the beginning it was said that Ron was doing some landscaping work that day before he so called picked up Haleigh from the bus stop and went to work at PDM. Anyone? I can not find the article/video report anywhere. But I do remember.
I really want to know, what time did he say he was working at the Landscaping co. and where is it located? Did LE confirm he was working at the landscaping co?
Anyone? TIA

Oh, I wanted to add. I think it's odd that he was also working at the tree service on Wed before his arrest. I thought he was on unemployment?

''

I recall reading he said he worked that day but Misty claimed on her LVA test he was home with her that day and they slept until around 11:00 or 12:00 and he spent the rest of the afternoon getting ready to pick up Haleigh and go to work...

Also, he could very well be on unemployment and his Aunt Katrina is paying him under the table...JMO

Anyone? TIA

You are aware that Ron's Aunt Katrina Belcher owns a landscaping/tree service business, right? It is speculated (and pretty much a given, imo) that that is who he was working for. As Eme stated above she can easily pay him under the table and he could still collect unemployment, if he was.

JMO

If I remember correctly he was working at Aunt Lisa’s tree farm, I have thought all along that that is where Haleigh could be. In the beginning we did hear about a fight with some tree cutters. I think he was working for his Aunt Lisa this week too.

If I remember correctly he was working at Aunt Lisa’s tree farm, I have thought all along that that is where Haleigh could be. In the beginning we did hear about a fight with some tree cutters. I think he was working for his Aunt Lisa this week too.

I think it's a tree service, very similar to a yard service. It's on FL Dept of State Corporations - Belcher is primary name on it, iirc, and it would be Aunt Katrina.

eta -

oops, twall. Need to read before I write.

I don't know why "your back is open" or "I just got home from work" is more important than Haleigh is missing. Both of these two stated Haleigh missing after they gave an alibi.

......Weirdest d#$m call I've ever heard.

There is a vast difference in the meaning of the two sentences “HaLeigh is missing” and “HaLeigh is gone”. Generally speaking, when we misplace an object we say it is missing and we keep looking for it until it is found. IMO Misty's words, “HaLeigh is gone” mean "HaLeigh is not missing and won’t ever be found."

I have posted very little on this case, but followed it along with everyone else for months. Just by chance was here when we first started trying to sleuth it; when HaLeigh was first reported gone.

For months every time anyone tried to point a finger or even a nod towards RC they were shut down, first with his "alibi", a few days later with his reported passing the poly and always with his desire to be a daddy to Haleigh and RC Jr even taking CS to court for custody.

From day one Ron's behavior was "off", this was always explained away - grief over his baby girl being gone, possible drug use caused his emotions to "not fit" whatever... and now we are coming up on the 1st Anniversary of little: “HaLeigh is missing” and “HaLeigh is gone”.

I still believe what I saw and heard those first days, what I felt. Those two knew HaLeigh was gone, those two knew Haleigh was not coming home, those two knew what happened that night... I just wish someone would come forward with a truthful explanation of what went on that night and what happened to HaLeigh because of it.

I just find it amazing that in all the interviews RC gave, no one ever asked him point blank, what hours did you work that night? Maybe they did and he answered by saying LE has confirmed my work hours. He's really good at not answering direct questions.

If RC as stated worked an "8 hour" shift finishing up at 3am then the earliest he reported would have been 6pm or 7pm (depending on if a lunchbreak was taken/paid). I personally have never believed he was there as early as 4 or 4:30pm--and think this is a critical window of time for which RC and his atty have made every attempt to appear as though these hours were accounted for.

:parrot:

It never made any sense why he'd be at work 45 minutes earlier or so. Who does that? Nobody I know, especially not when that is the only time the person could spend with their heart in the daytime. And yet he reportedly said to Haleigh that he had to go to work now. To do what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader