Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then add that people are now insisting that Teresa was NOT employed in any sheriff's office at the time of Haleigh's disappearance and wonder why she wore that jacket. I know the video where Ronald would give his life for his child's life back, he has a printout of the picture that Teresa must have provided, because it crumbles in his hand as he talks with the reporters. They were able to get a lot of copies of that picture out quickly. I think that's a good thing.

I can not for the life of me understand why people are even takling about the jacket of the granny of a mising 5 year old girl as if it MEANS something.

For heaven's sake, if any of these people were that "wiley" about every move they made, make or may make in the future, including but not limited to the freaking clothes they wore, wear or will wear and have created this huge conspiracy of silence to hide the truth, to confuse and to obfuscate, they would be millionaires with many successful businesses. They would be good long term planners. Now look around the family - not a one of them can plan beyond the next 5 minutes much less come up with a plan that will remain a secret for their lives.

Only one person can keep a secret, once they tell - it isn't a secret anymore.

They get caught at everything they do. Look at the arrests and jail trimes for the whole entourage of families. Why do they get caught? Because they are stupid and do stupid things. The beat on each other regulary - you don't think they would blab on each other in anger?

Misty is for all intents and purposes, a 12 year old, sexual, mental and emotional abused kid. A not a smart 12 year old. She had trouble in school. I think you all expect too much of her.

Oh. Tim. In a bar. Nevermind. Flush that "tip".
I agree DotsEyes, I have read some things about Tim and, well, let's say bars, and how that is probably not a good mixture. IF it's true about this chick, she could have been an anon. tipster. But that's a pretty big IF, IMO.

I agree DotsEyes, I have read some things about Tim and, well, let's say bars, and how that is probably not a good mixture. IF it's true about this chick, she could have been an anon. tipster. But that's a pretty big IF, IMO.

If there is anything like here (South Carolina) and I think it is, the area's chock full of bars where you can get a damned fine hamburger. My favorite place is a pool hall. The chili dogs are to die for, and I'm a non-drinker.

Blaise

I can not for the life of me understand why people are even takling about the jacket of the granny of a mising 5 year old girl as if it MEANS something.

For heaven's sake, if any of these people were that "wiley" about every move they made, make or may make in the future, including but not limited to the freaking clothes they wore, wear or will wear and have created this huge conspiracy of silence to hide the truth, to confuse and to obfuscate, they would be millionaires with many successful businesses. They would be good long term planners. Now look around the family - not a one of them can plan beyond the next 5 minutes much less come up with a plan that will remain a secret for their lives.

Only one person can keep a secret, once they tell - it isn't a secret anymore.

They get caught at everything they do. Look at the arrests and jail trimes for the whole entourage of families. Why do they get caught? Because they are stupid and do stupid things. The beat on each other regulary - you don't think they would blab on each other in anger?

Misty is for all intents and purposes, a 12 year old, sexual, mental and emotional abused kid. A not a smart 12 year old. She had trouble in school. I think you all expect too much of her.

That's what I'm doing, since it is afterall the theories thread. Thanks! Ronald shouldn't have been sleeping with Misty, described by you as a 12 year old for all intents and purposes. His family's rap sheets are important, based upon Haleigh's extensive exposure to them during her life.

I don't like it either, but Teresa and GGM has a history of custodial interference, and GGM had a restraining order, and brought a nurse to the MH and didn't talk about it for 9 days, and it took Misty 7 months to talk about it. As far as theories go, I bet it was that which earned her the divorce.

But like I said, it's the theories thread, and I am using what the players themselves have stated (or done).

If there is anything like here (South Carolina) and I think it is, the area's chock full of bars where you can get a damned fine hamburger. My favorite place is a pool hall. The chili dogs are to die for, and I'm a non-drinker.

Blaise
Well, maybe it's like it is here in NC, not alot of hamburgers served in bars here. But there's plenty o' booze.

That's what I'm doing, since it is afterall the theories thread. Thanks! Ronald shouldn't have been sleeping with Misty, described by you as a 12 year old for all intents and purposes. His family's rap sheets are important, based upon Haleigh's extensive exposure to them during her life.

I don't like it either, but Teresa and GGM has a history of custodial interference, and GGM had a restraining order, and brought a nurse to the MH and didn't talk about it for 9 days, and it took Misty 7 months to talk about it. As far as theories go, I bet it was that which earned her the divorce.

But like I said, it's the theories thread, and I am using what the players themselves have stated (or done).
To talk about it to whom? We have no idea what any of them talked about to LE because they haven't released anything. And I wouldn't call a single incident of "custodial interference" a history.
As far as custody issues go, the Sheffields have far more "history" in that area than the Cummings.

Blaise

As I recall, it was a place that was used as a staging area for TES.

To talk about it to whom? We have no idea what any of them talked about to LE because they haven't released anything. And I wouldn't call a single incident of "custodial interference" a history.
As far as custody issues go, the Sheffields have far more "history" in that area than the Cummings.

Well, I do know, thanks to great sleuthers, that Tommy talked to LE about his visit to the MH after Ronald gave him a call. For those same 7 months, none of us knew Ronald had called the MH 20 times and then called Tommy to find out if Misty was home, which in fact counters his assertion that she was at home and he believed her....21 calls don't lie.

Then factor in Teresa raving about how Misty is just the best Ronald ever had, and its like, why would she talk this girl up who barely even knew Ron for that long, she had to have known about the distress her son was in the weekend before when Misty was off having sex with Greg Page and on a drug binge- To me its like Teresa talked Misty up to reassure her they had her back or something, I mean its just bizarre- I would not be surprised to learn she told Ron to call NG, Miss Nancy, I have seen tape of him early on, on NG, and he referred to her as Nancy- someone is coaching him on how to pacify NG-

jmo

I am confident that a veteran prosecutor such as Nancy Grace, who has 100 straight wins under her belt, is more than capable to recognize when someone is trying to pacify her.

I am still unable to explain away why Ronald would offer to marry Misty 31 days after his daughter disappeared. Why he would divorce her 7 months later. Why he didn't call his grandmother back, or his mother, or someone, to go check on the kids after he couldn't get hold of Misty if there was something which warranted 20 calls, and a call to Misty's brother. Why after a barrage of calls, he would work 3 extra hours of overtime, then stop on the way home for beer, nuts, and smokes.

He asked Tommy whether Misty was there. He didn't think she was home. That would have sent chills down my back if I expected my children to be home in bed and I couldn't find their caretaker.

Overall, I like your bare bones. Um, that sounded better in my head.
I thinkTim Miller's attorney (I can never remember his name) said it well when he described Ron and Misty as "impulsive." I think Ron, early on. was probably reacting more than thinking--although there might have been some sense that Misty was the best hope of finding Haleigh. If she took off for parts unknown, the search for Haleigh would have been far more complicated. It could be he didn't call his mother or gm to check on misty because e suspected she was partying at the trailer. He might not have wanted them to know what all was going on. I think the OT is simple: money. Most people who work minimum wage will take it when it is offered. And by 3 am, he might have figured Misty had just gone to bed early, if in fact it is true that her brother checked on the trailer and no one was "up" or answered the door. But that is just speculation. He might just as easily been angry at Misty and wanted beer and cigarettes for the fight he was planning to have.

I thinkTim Miller's attorney (I can never remember his name) said it well when he described Ron and Misty as "impulsive." I think Ron, early on. was probably reacting more than thinking--although there might have been some sense that Misty was the best hope of finding Haleigh. If she took off for parts unknown, the search for Haleigh would have been far more complicated. It could be he didn't call his mother or gm to check on misty because e suspected she was partying at the trailer. He might not have wanted them to know what all was going on. I think the OT is simple: money. Most people who work minimum wage will take it when it is offered. And by 3 am, he might have figured Misty had just gone to bed early, if in fact it is true that her brother checked on the trailer and no one was "up" or answered the door. But that is just speculation. He might just as easily been angry at Misty and wanted beer and cigarettes for the fight he was planning to have.

Mark Nejame is Tim's lawyer. I agree that Ronald and Misty are impulsive. Ronald may have been reacting, but he ended up marrying Misty 31 days later, long enough for "responding" to kick in; that is, one makes mistakes more in a reaction than a response. Misty was never in danger of going to parts unknown; LE was going to keep track of her whatever it took. It wasn't up to Ronald to keep her around. She really had nowhere to go, as we've seen since he divorced her. Her first step was to drop the restraining order (how's that going?), then it was to grab hold of some of her homegirls for a drug deal, then to beat tracks out of town to her granny's house (allegedly....I have my doubts).

He DID call on his mom and grandma to check on things; GGM went to his house with her daughter-in-law who happens to be a nurse. If later on he didn't call them back because he suspected that Misty was partying......um....hello? That is exactly WHEN he should have gotten their hiney's over there. He has had them well aware of all that has been going on from the day he got custody if not before. There was no reason to not call them in once again. I believe, therefore, when GGM and Aunt Lisa showed up, that WAS his distress call.

Ronald wasn't working minimum at PDM. He spent a lot of time trying to call Misty THAT particular night. THAT particular night, he couldn't reach her for any of those calls. THAT particular night, he called her brother who THAT particular night went to check to see if anyone was home. THAT particular night, Misty was sleeping so soundly that she couldn't hear Tommy knocking (is that a Stephen King novel?) but makes the statement that if Haleigh had made a noise about her legs hurting, that Misty lovingly had to rub she would have woken right up; THAT particular night when all the blanket bingo shuffle happened when in fact it turned out that there was no laundry soap to do laundry with; THAT particular night when GGM showed up with a nurse; THAT particular night when the back door is lock-bumped and bricked. THAT particular night when Misty just seen three. THAT particular night ..........

no.

My niece slept through her own bathroom being remodeled when she was 16.

I now know why Misty called Ron first, he wasn't home as he normally would have been when Misty awoke. "Do you have Haleigh?" she asks when he gets to the house. And Ron said, she was normally asleep when he got home, which would have been a bit after midnight if he wasn't working OT. So Misty being up at 3:24a must have been a real schocker too.

What is wrong with stopping off to buy beer and cigarettes after work? Millions of people do this everyday. I fail to see every action taken by this family as some pre-planned and orchestrated event.

Debs - she has no where to go. No where. Her parents can't taek her in because they live with Tommy and the Judge will not lift the restraining order. Her ex-husband's family won't take her in, her brother in Maine is no help. She has no skills and no education. What is she supposed to do to earn a living and support herself? Any ideas? Who is hiring in Satsuma?

Wanted: Illiterate, immature, infamous, chain-smoking, druggie teen girl with LE watching her every move to work full-time with benefits, a 401K, great salary and car allowance. No experience or skills needed and will fill out application for right individual.

I see 'em everyday like that.

I now know why Misty called Ron first, he wasn't home as he normally would have been when Misty awoke. "Do you have Haleigh?" she asks when he gets to the house. And Ron said, she was normally asleep when he got home, which would have been a bit after midnight if he wasn't working OT. So Misty being up at 3:24a must have been a real schocker too.

What is wrong with stopping off to buy beer and cigarettes after work? Millions of people do this everyday. I fail to see every action taken by this family as some pre-planned and orchestrated event.

Debs - she has no where to go. No where. Her parents can't taek her in because they live with Tommy and the Judge will not lift the restraining order. Her ex-husband's family won't take her in, her brother in Maine is no help. She has no skills and no education. What is she supposed to do to earn a living and support herself? Any ideas? Who is hiring in Satsuma?

Wanted: Illiterate, immature, infamous, chain-smoking, druggie teen girl with LE watching her every move to work full-time with benefits, a 401K, great salary and car allowance. No experience or skills needed and will fill out application for right individual.

Dot....... I feel ya. I would not want the road Misty is on, for my children......hell, even for myself.

Misty herself asserts she would have awoken if she'd have heard Haleigh make a noise regarding her painful leg issue. She didn't awake to Tommy's knocking (sorry....I still hear Stephen King here). People have tried to say that Jr heard it and opened the door...or even that Haleigh heard Tommy knocking and she opened the door. Misty says she would have heard Haleigh crying about her legs. Let's look at that, since we're on the theories page.

The possibility exists now that Misty has opened the door to theorize that Haleigh DID wake up with sore legs, and Misty, being very exhausted (reported by Misty and Teresa and GGM) became enraged.

The possibility exists now that Misty has opened the door to theorize that she wasn't home when Tommy came knocking. She establishes she had a keen sense of hearing for noise, though people in her family later assert she is a hard sleeper (the disparity arises that Misty says that she would wake up months after we learn Misty's family says she is a sound sleeper). So why didn't she wake? People on this board for months have been insisting that a perp could not have knocked on that front door or even come in that front door without the occupants of the bedroom hearing. It was my assertion that someone could not have come in through the back door without awaking the occupants. Either way, we're hosed. How come Misty, who asserts she would have woken up to a child's whimper, did not hear the pounding on the door.....whichever door it was?

As to Misty calling Ron...we have several stories on that. Misty awakes, gets up to pee, sees the light (several iterations of that sequence) and rushes back to the room to get her phone, sees Haleigh gone and Ron comes home (several other iterations of that sequence). All we know is that at 3:27 a.m. a 911 call is placed by Misty. i have not seen the phone records which would show whether she called Ron. He himself says as he was pulling into the yard he saw her standing in the door. He also says he was coming home and ignored a call from Misty. Too many ways to tell one story. The things we didn't know when all this story telling was going on were that Ronald had called Misty 20 times in the hours prior, that he'd called her brother to see if she was there, that her brother says he'd gone over to the MH and knocked to no answer.

There is no shocker involved in stopping off for beer and peanuts and cigs at 3:.......whatever in the morning. Except for adding in the fight around 8:30 p.m., the weekend distress where Misty was out to places unknown, Ronald had thrown her clothes onto the lawn of Amber (or Naynay's) mom, that the children were living with a heightened stressful environment as their daddy dealt with his recalcitrant teenaged girlfriend; and by reports of GGM and TN, and Misty and her mom, Misty was exhausted from her weekend, had spent all Sunday night talking with Ronald, was awakened to more distress to get Haleigh to school on time, and if we have to believe it, driving nearly 40 miles out of their way to ensure she has the outfit she wants to wear to school that day. Then coming home to deal with a 3-year old boy who by their story sleeps most of the time from when Haleigh is at school to when she is picked up.

I feel really really bad that Misty's choices in life have taken her to this place. We naturally want children to make good choices that progressively lead them to better and better opportunities. But I am not blind to the reality that there are children whose choices take them further and further down a road that no one should ever travail. But her (now ex) husband's family not only took her in, but publicly supplied her alibi and support in the early days and weeks and months as Haleigh was missing. It wasn't as though she was thrown out automatically, tossed aside with derision and disgust because of her lies and inconsistencies. No, they waited for nearly 8 months before they threw her out, only doing so after she let loose important information about "Aunt Lisa" coming over with GGM that night. And now suddenly what we once suspected (that the visit by GGM was an emergency call, not a laundry visit) has more validity because Misty couldn't hold the story straight.

And she was abandoned.

She started the process to go home by asking to have the RO rescinded. We'll see how long that takes. Meanwhile, allegedly she's with her grandma in TN. She left school with no fuss or fight that stuck, by her parents. She was on the streets early on. She is no different than many many other "street kids" you can see on any 48 hrs. episode. It is a hardknock life and she learned to exist in it. That doesn't mean she automatically becomes a baby killer.

It just means that everything, rolled together, looks like Misty could have learned a way to get by that allows her to dissociate from what happens to someone else; instead just thinking how this time, it wasn't her.

Misty's life hasn't been pretty. But it doesn't make her less likely to have done something to Haleigh or know what happened to her. It just makes Misty really only care about whether or not Misty gets through this ordeal.

I keep reading that neighbors reported seeing Haleigh outside playing. Can someone point me to the where they found this info?

The only thing I know is TN told Marie that but I have not seen any neighbor or LE verify such a thing...no?

.... keeps coming back to TN being the only source of ANY information we have. Hope I am wrong about this.

I could be wrong, I'm trying to wrack my brain, but I thought people saw her at the bus stop. Then when home, only the air conditioner man, who is not named and has not verified to my understanding, Tommy and whomever he had with him . Grandma Sykes and Katrina came over to bring clothes? Thats a pretty closed group, and to compound that the name of the air cond. repair man has not been released or his alibi disclosed. I don't remember any neighbor, by maybe I forgot.

I could be wrong, I'm trying to wrack my brain, but I thought people saw her at the bus stop. Then when home, only the air conditioner man, who is not named and has not verified to my understanding, Tommy and whomever he had with him . Grandma Sykes and Katrina came over to bring clothes? Thats a pretty closed group, and to compound that the name of the air cond. repair man has not been released or his alibi disclosed. I don't remember any neighbor, by maybe I forgot.

We used to think it was Katrina. Misty gave the name of Aunt Lisa in her LVA tapes.

Seeing children playing in the yard where children live isn't unusual. We just have no confirmation that one of those children was Haleigh.

Okay, she did wake when JR. crawled over her to leave the bedroom. So I don't think she was that sound asleep as we are lead to believe, for the people who believe she was asleep at all.

If you take the whole thing, not just one part of her story; none of it adds up. I will never believe she was asleep that night. She was either out at party, or out disposing of Haleigh's body. JMO

I keep reading that neighbors reported seeing Haleigh outside playing. Can someone point me to the where they found this info?

The only thing I know is TN told Marie that but I have not seen any neighbor or LE verify such a thing...no?

.... keeps coming back to TN being the only source of ANY information we have. Hope I am wrong about this.

To my knowledge no one other than Misty has said they saw Haleigh playing outside that afternoon...
GGMS stated she saw her alive and well sometime between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm eating dinner on the screened in porch but I have my doubts about that statement since it was dark outside and cold...I highly suspect that statement was made in order to supply Ron C with an alibi..Perhaps they knew he had made it in to work by that time...JMO

Mark Nejame is Tim's lawyer. I agree that Ronald and Misty are impulsive. Ronald may have been reacting, but he ended up marrying Misty 31 days later, long enough for "responding" to kick in; that is, one makes mistakes more in a reaction than a response. Misty was never in danger of going to parts unknown; LE was going to keep track of her whatever it took. It wasn't up to Ronald to keep her around. She really had nowhere to go, as we've seen since he divorced her. Her first step was to drop the restraining order (how's that going?), then it was to grab hold of some of her homegirls for a drug deal, then to beat tracks out of town to her granny's house (allegedly....I have my doubts).

He DID call on his mom and grandma to check on things; GGM went to his house with her daughter-in-law who happens to be a nurse. If later on he didn't call them back because he suspected that Misty was partying......um....hello? That is exactly WHEN he should have gotten their hiney's over there. He has had them well aware of all that has been going on from the day he got custody if not before. There was no reason to not call them in once again. I believe, therefore, when GGM and Aunt Lisa showed up, that WAS his distress call.

Ronald wasn't working minimum at PDM. He spent a lot of time trying to call Misty THAT particular night. THAT particular night, he couldn't reach her for any of those calls. THAT particular night, he called her brother who THAT particular night went to check to see if anyone was home. THAT particular night, Misty was sleeping so soundly that she couldn't hear Tommy knocking (is that a Stephen King novel?) but makes the statement that if Haleigh had made a noise about her legs hurting, that Misty lovingly had to rub she would have woken right up; THAT particular night when all the blanket bingo shuffle happened when in fact it turned out that there was no laundry soap to do laundry with; THAT particular night when GGM showed up with a nurse; THAT particular night when the back door is lock-bumped and bricked. THAT particular night when Misty just seen three. THAT particular night ..........

no.

Great post Debs! A simple thanks was not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sashafari