Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------
As tired as I am right now, you still managed to tweak my curiosity. I also believe the disappearance of Haleigh is due to custody rights. Your last paragraph confuses me though. Are you suggesting that Haleigh's disappearance is custody related but neither Crystal nor Ron are involved? This is hard to understand. Are you suggesting that someone else is involved with Haleigh's disappearance and the parents are not aware of who it is? I'm interested in your view, sincerely. Please reply, I'm interested in your theory.
The parents have their differences and their history, but I think they adjusted to status quo. Each has large extended families which, IMO, may harbor grudges over the failed relationship. I just can't see what benefit either parent would have by taking and hiding their child. But someone in their family might be more likely to take such a step and rationalize it as being for the best. No evidence...this is just what seems more logical to me. This isn't my only theory, but one that seems viable to me. Misguided, but viable.

Could it be that given MCs pattern over the time her and RC were together.
Her leaving at night after the kids were in bed, maybe just being over at her brothers at times when Rc was at work at night. This pattern may have been over a month or 2 and on that fateful night , Whom ever (thought) she was not going to be there, as her usual pattern.
Now who would know this pattern?
Something tells me this pattern traveled down the phone lines several times to certain people.
Does this make any sense?
And then I read the astro thread for HaLeigh and my heart sinks.

Yes it was Captain Dick Schauland I believe, it was after KP said she had many (or several or whatever word she used), eye witnesses that said Misty was not home and that she had given LE the info. He said they did not have anyone

That has been some time back, IIRC. So things could have changed. And I think it's possible that LE might not want that information out in the public just yet due to their wanting to confirm it as truth... so they might have no choice but to make that statement until they can find proof. Also, they don't want to tip Misty off that they suspect she was not there... they need her to be comfortable thinking she's in the clear for now.
Just my thoughts based on what I know regarding how LE works in some cases. They don't always do the predictable.

In my opinion there's a lot going on in Satsuma and Putnam County that none of us are privy to and, I further believe it will stay that way for reasons known only to LE which we are no longer able to "discuss".

I believe this case may have been handled improperly from the start, as in throwing bedding on the ramp and, according to Sheriff Hardy, the scent may have carried down toward the water. Something's going on in Satsuma, if not the entire state of Florida, and Haleigh was one of many victims. I doubt this case will ever be solved, even though I believe LE may have a good idea what went down.

If there's crow to be eated at the end of this, I will gladly do so, but I further believe I'll be deceased before the bird ever appears on the table.

My opinion only

After four months I have a hard time believing the LE statement that they're looking for Haleigh alive. That's what they said about Nevaeh too a week into the investigation. They had no evidence that she was dead. All that it meant was apparently only that they hadn't found her body yet.

It's harder to hide a living child than a smallish dead body, so I'm trying very hard to hold on hope but it's difficult.

My current theory is that Haleigh is gone due an accident that occured while she was in the safekeeping of her father and his girl friend. Do the attempts to profit indicate that her disappearance may not have been the result of a physical accident ? I'm thinking the profit making attempts are more a "Well the worst has happened and we might as well make the most of it" mentality. But, should I rethink the accidental component of my theory ? tia

BTW - I've always wondered at the seeming desperation to complete the wedding in time for the GMA appearance the next morning, with the accompanying op to provide "exclusive" photos and videos of the event. Profit as a motive would change my theory drastically.

For those that think RC and Misty did something to Haleigh, why has her body not been found yet? Why no evidence in the mobile home, when did RC have time to dispose of Haleigh? Why have lie detector test not sent LE in that direction?

Someone did something to Haleigh and she hasn't been found yet, so the same question goes all around the board. If the Sheffields took her, why hasn't she been found yet? If a stranger SO killed her, why hasn't her body been found yet? The answer is the same each time: because she was hidden too well or LE hasn't looked in the right place yet.

As for the lack of evidence from the mobile home, it hasn't been published what evidence they found as far as I know, so I don't know how you can say there was no evidence. Also, if RC or Misty did something to her, it may not have happened inside the MH. I don't know what was revealed by the LDTs because the results weren't published, how do you know which direction they sent LE?

BBM

My current theory is that Haleigh is gone due an accident that occured while she was in the safekeeping of her father and his girl friend. Do the attempts to profit indicate that her disappearance may not have been the result of a physical accident ? I'm thinking the profit making attempts are more a "Well the worst has happened and we might as well make the most of it" mentality. But, should I rethink the accidental component of my theory ? tia

BTW - I've always wondered at the seeming desperation to complete the wedding in time for the GMA appearance the next morning, with the accompanying op to provide "exclusive" photos and videos of the event. Profit as a motive would change my theory drastically.

My faith tradition teaches me to first ascribe the "best" motive to an action, before thinking other more nefarious thoughts, and my general sense of things is Occam's Razor - keep it simple stupid! LOL... So, IF the Cummings family is involved in Haleigh's disappearance, like you, I'm going first with a tragic accident.

As for the profit motive AFTER what I would consider an accident, the more I read about this family (multiple lawsuits, RC's begging for free meals, the GMAmerica event, drugs, etc...) the more I think that finding a profit motive AFTER the fact wouldn't be a stretch.

As for RC's behavior, asking strangers for extraordinary gifts and comps, the sort who does this is usually someone with a grand sense of entitlement, sometimes nurtured by overly close family ties.

I hope that helps.

My faith tradition teaches me to first ascribe the "best" motive to an action, before thinking other more nefarious thoughts, and my general sense of things is Occam's Razor - keep it simple stupid! LOL... So, IF the Cummings family is involved in Haleigh's disappearance, like you, I'm going first with a tragic accident.

As for the profit motive AFTER what I would consider an accident, the more I read about this family (multiple lawsuits, RC's begging for free meals, the GMAmerica event, drugs, etc...) the more I think that finding a profit motive AFTER the fact wouldn't be a stretch.

As for RC's behavior, asking strangers for extraordinary gifts and comps, the sort who does this is usually someone with a grand sense of entitlement, sometimes nurtured by overly close family ties.

I hope that helps.

Yes, it does. The only thing that still bothers me is how soon the attempts to profit were made. But, I guess if its a mindset and/or habitual behavior, the timing may not be as suspicious as it would seem. Have you ever seen that tv show, The Rich's ? I think you'd find it interesting.

Yes, it does. The only thing that still bothers me is how soon the attempts to profit were made. But, I guess if its a mindset and/or habitual behavior, the timing may not be as suspicious as it would seem. Have you ever seen that tv show, The Rich's ? I think you'd find it interesting.

No, I haven't, but I'll look it up ... thank you.

Lets get back to discussing Theories on what happened to Haleigh

Shaymus, piggy-backing onto this notion, and the notion of entitlement, could it be THEORETICALLY suggested that the disappearance of HaLeigh had an ultimate bigger fish to capitalize off? Ronald's job at PDM, for instance. I read in some of these posts the hint that he'll sue PDM for wrongful dismissal, though he did nothing at all to keep contact with them to advise them on his status. They're a big fish. What if THEORETICALLY!!! Ronald realized a lot of money could be made by suing PDM, and once HaLeigh disappeared, decided that would just be one more thing he'd get out of the tragedy? We've all heard the THEORETICAL entitlement to comping meals, iPods, etc etc. We've all SEEN (not theoretical) his anger at media when they wouldn't "get outta his face".

If one lives by the notion "Make the best of a bad situation" and add to that the unwillingness to have people know his personal business and actions (stated repeatedly) I could see where people would begin to think Ronald feels entitled to recoup his loss of HaLeigh where he can find remuneration.....be it in a restaurant, a store, a donated tattoo, a trailer to live in, donations, and now, with the loss of his job, a settlement.

It's an interesting theory.......I don't claim it to be a workable one or even one that is viable. It can be dismissed or considered. This was merely an attempt to take a theoretical statement to it's theoretical conclusion. I may have failed miserably.

I hope that helps.
My faith also encourages ascribing the best possible motive. However, given RC's behavior, I think that perhaps the "best possible motive" in his case is that we are observing a sociopath who, remorseless and conscienceless, has chosen to capitalize on the situation.

When sensational rumors fly all over town, I tend to discount them as gossip. But, a more ordinary variation could be more credible. For example, one theory might be that after the kids were in bed, Misty might have felt it was safe enough to run over to a relative's house on occasion, for some valid reason. Ron may have been aware of this and been ok with it as long as she called him when she returned.
If this happened on this particular night, Misty may have been loathe to admit it at first out of guilt. But if it did happen, hopefully she has admitted it to LE by now. It could be substantiated by her relatives.

My faith also encourages ascribing the best possible motive. However, given RC's behavior, I think that perhaps the "best possible motive" in his case is that we are observing a sociopath who, remorseless and conscienceless, has chosen to capitalize on the situation.

My theory has always been that what happened initially was an "accident" in that either Haleigh was a victim of irrational anger, or over dosed with medication, or hurt in retaliation, etc. HOWEVER, it is also my theory that it is not so much that RC is remorseless, but that his personal pathology is in never taking the blame for any of his own actions or reactions that cause damage. To him, it is someone else's fault, so he holds himself blameless and feels he has no reason to feel guilt or shame or for that matter true grief. His reactions are anger and lashing out at the media or whoever gets in his way, and to expect others to give him things because they "owe" him to make up for what someone else "made him do". IMO

Shaymus, piggy-backing onto this notion, and the notion of entitlement, could it be THEORETICALLY suggested that the disappearance of HaLeigh had an ultimate bigger fish to capitalize off? Ronald's job at PDM, for instance. I read in some of these posts the hint that he'll sue PDM for wrongful dismissal, though he did nothing at all to keep contact with them to advise them on his status. They're a big fish. What if THEORETICALLY!!! Ronald realized a lot of money could be made by suing PDM, and once HaLeigh disappeared, decided that would just be one more thing he'd get out of the tragedy? We've all heard the THEORETICAL entitlement to comping meals, iPods, etc etc. We've all SEEN (not theoretical) his anger at media when they wouldn't "get outta his face".

If one lives by the notion "Make the best of a bad situation" and add to that the unwillingness to have people know his personal business and actions (stated repeatedly) I could see where people would begin to think Ronald feels entitled to recoup his loss of HaLeigh where he can find remuneration.....be it in a restaurant, a store, a donated tattoo, a trailer to live in, donations, and now, with the loss of his job, a settlement.

It's an interesting theory.......I don't claim it to be a workable one or even one that is viable. It can be dismissed or considered. This was merely an attempt to take a theoretical statement to it's theoretical conclusion. I may have failed miserably.

No, I don't think you've failed. Frankly, it's probably as plausible as many of the other theories that have been proposed. Once you get beyond the most likely scenario - a lot of avenues open up. But, I'm still a duck theory person, myself. IMO

No, I don't think you've failed. Frankly, it's probably as plausible as many of the other theories that have been proposed. Once you get beyond the most likely scenario - a lot of avenues open up. But, I'm still a duck theory person, myself. IMO

I'm a duck theory person myself Shaymus, especially when imo it seems everything points towards the duck! :)

eta-or ducks in this case...

Well, we know that RC or his lawyers thought about possibly suing PDM because their press release gave to understand they thought it was an unjustified termination and said that they had advised him to seek the counsel of an attorney with experience in those cases. (I don't know if he did or what he was told.) But sadly it does not explain what happened to Haleigh.

Well, we know that RC or his lawyers thought about possibly suing PDM because their press release gave to understand they thought it was an unjustified termination and said that they had advised him to seek the counsel of an attorney with experience in those cases. (I don't know if he did or what he was told.) But sadly it does not explain what happened to Haleigh.

Only if the plan to sue occured before the disappearance. That is a stretch theory imo. And it would be awful if it were true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detconan