Theories on what happened to Haleigh #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second time I heard about dryers/lint causing fire. Are some thinking Haleigh was there at one time?

My first thought when I read this article was there was something there that nobody wanted to be found , and I mean very first thought. I also felt that LE should have been over there checking it out since it wasnt a total loss.
After there is a fire it is really hard to recover much evidence forensicly. Everyone knows maybe I shouldnt say everyone...that fire is one of the best ways to destroy evidence.

I have a question...any word if TN's residence was searched?

Think we are talking two different properties Suzanne. The one that really bugs me is the one in IIRC in Fruitland - detectives came and got Crystal and took her there one night. Nothing more was said about it. I will dig thru notebooks because we had an approximate address for it and there was some confusion because it had been reported it was on the edge of J.S. property - but in researching there is two J.S. and the property it was on the edge of is not Crystals dad the last I understood. I am in the middle of some stuff, but when I finish I will dig up what I have and post and maybe you can make heads or tails out of it.
Yes please.Thank you.I am very interested in this.

Now, we got to find this property in Fruitland. Are you saying that LE took Crystal to Fruitland to a property there near the property owned by J.S. but it did not belong to J.S?

I have a question...any word if TN's residence was searched?
Not that I have heard, but if not...then it would mean they probably had no reason to search her residence.

ETA: I believe LE has the blanket and there isn't one missing.

I would also think LE would be checking out some property in Crescent City but they didn't...go figure!

LE should have the blanket...for sure, that is if was still in the van when they took it days later.

This is the video talking about the building - http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/845635/haleigh_s_family_speaks

Need to clarify one thing, a local stated this building was on the edge of J.S. property, so we looked up his address and google earthed it for abandoned buildings by 309. It then turns out that it is not Crystals fathers property it is another J.S. (still kinda confused on that but thats what the locals say). They do not give an exact address for the property just say off 309 20 minutes from RC home.

thanks Doobie....I have have one question and that would be why the dogs didn't detect death there? I'm pretty sure they said even if the body was moved they would still alert to it. Thats why in my theory she was alive when moved from there

Well, the only facts I can find on how soon after death a dog can detect the "death scent" involved using a corpse 3 hrs old. Possibly, she had died shortly before Misty discovered her. Not sure. Or maybe she wasn't actually dead, but very near death. But, if the dogs that alerted at the dumpster were properly trained cadaver dogs, then there must have been some reason for the alert. I have not found any instances of the detection of a "death scent" within minutes of death. I guess there are several possibilities.

This is the video talking about the building - http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/845635/haleigh_s_family_speaks

Need to clarify one thing, a local stated this building was on the edge of J.S. property, so we looked up his address and google earthed it for abandoned buildings by 309. It then turns out that it is not Crystals fathers property it is another J.S. (still kinda confused on that but thats what the locals say). They do not give an exact address for the property just say off 309 20 minutes from RC home.
Welaka is 22 minutes away and Fruitland is 32minutes.

Flossie, I love your "gut" theory because it means that HaLeigh is alive. Tell me, what does your gut tell you about these issues:

Does CS know that HaLeigh is alive and with relatives?
If not, why would her own family do this to her? The girl/woman is grief-stricken and the mental and physical toll this has taken on her is nothing I would ever wish upon anyone. In fact, I pray that no one ever has to live through this nightmare again.

But, just for dialouge, what was this person trying to do by taking HaLeigh? Save her? From who? Or is it that they couldn't live without her any longer? What would be the reason for any of the mother's family to think that stealing the child would solve the problem? This is where your theory looses me, so can you be more specific than "gut"? Exactly when did you first think this? Was it an "aha!" moment?

Thank you very much.does any one have a map of this area?

So Fruitland is South....Welaka, Crescent City and Fruitland are all near to each other.

So this is near crescent city, no?
No. Not close at all. Fruitland (15 mi) and Welaka (7.6 mi) are next to the St. Johns River SW of Satsuma off Hiway 309. Crescent City is SE off Highway 17 and 14.7 miles from Satsuma.

Well, the only facts I can find on how soon after death a dog can detect the "death scent" involved using a corpse 3 hrs old. Possibly, she had died shortly before Misty discovered her. Not sure. Or maybe she wasn't actually dead, but very near death. But, if the dogs that alerted at the dumpster were properly trained cadaver dogs, then there must have been some reason for the alert. I have not found any instances of the detection of a "death scent" within minutes of death. I guess there are several possibilities.
We have researched this many times in different cases. IIRC, a well-trained SAR/Cadaver dog can detect the scent of human decomposition within minutes of death. Bacterial changes within the body begin immediately, but the surface changes take much longer.

My theory on the dumster is that the area where it was located is next to what used to be a nursing home/assisted living type facility. There was debris from a recent remodel and it is possible a person died of natural causes while in the facility which would expose the surrounding structure, furniture, etc. to human decomposition. A residual scent would be present for long afterwards and the dogs could hit on it.

We have researched this many times in different cases. IIRC, a well-trained SAR/Cadaver dog can detect the scent of human decomposition within minutes of death. Bacterial changes within the body begin immediately, but the surface changes take much longer.

My theory on the dumster is that the area where it was located is next to what used to be a nursing home/assisted living type facility. There was debris from a recent remodel and it is possible a person died of natural causes while in the facility which would expose the surrounding structure, furniture, etc. to human decomposition. A residual scent would be present for long afterwards and the dogs could hit on it.
Thank you.I asked that same question awhile back because I thought the same thing about the nursing home and someone said there was no nursing home.:confused:They apparantly didn't see it on a map or something.I think a few people said this.I'm very interested in this home someone was remodeling.Does anyone know where and who's house it was.Please help me on that.

I've missed the nursing home detail. Could you please provide a link ? tia

Not that I have heard, but if not...then it would mean they probably had no reason to search her residence.

ETA: I believe LE has the blanket and there isn't one missing.

I thought everyone is a suspect.....so said LE....
I really would like a point by point theory from you.....
you have a wealth of knowledge it appears to shed.....

like this building, can you tie it to a theory? Thanks

Do you have a link that says there is no missing blanket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader