This is very difficult....however, (if DB confessed now...)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jim actually stated the family is divided at this point.

I think the "division" of the family is in regards to Tacopina/BS. Some of the family want DB/JI to get rid of them as their representation.

Jim actually stated the family is divided at this point.

To clarify, they are divided on the method of how they went about this interview with Dr. P. Some thought it would be better to talk to local media, others thought a national show would be better. They are also divided on the benefit/drawbacks of JT. They all believe her to be innocent. From his post:

I'll tackle a few different questions in this answer...

The divide in the family: Some in the family fully support Joe Tacopina's approach, which has been to not speak to the press. Except in a few cases when they have done hand picked national media going back a few months and the upcoming Dr. Phil appearance.

The other group think they should be out in front of the media...local, national, anyone!..every day trying to keep the case alive and hopefully generating useful leads.

Everyone in the family that I am in touch with thinks they are innocent and all are critical of the KCPD for focusing too much on Deborah and not enough on other leads.

A

To clarify, they are divided on the method of how they went about this interview with Dr. P. Some thought it would be better to talk to local media, others thought a national show would be better. They are also divided on the benefit/drawbacks of JT. They all believe her to be innocent. From his post:

I have total respect for Jim, but he hasn't talked to all the family members, and he hasn't talked to others in a while. We'll leave it though, at Jim's answer...for now :)

It has been reported by one or both of her lawyers very recently that Debbie has been doing her own investigating, and has shared what she has learned with KCPD & the FBI, at their recent meeting. So she and the family must be doing something.

Lord knows those two are reliable and credible sources. Did I mention their stellar integrity?

I think something to keep in mind with regard to DB 'searching', she very much has the support of the family around her. It is to them she has to answer too if it is being shown that she is not trying to find her child. I don't know what she's doing to find BL, all I know is according to Jim Spellman, she still has the support of the family around her. They obviously believe in her and her actions after the fact.

It is most certainly not THEM (her family), she has to answer to if she is not "shown" to be looking for Lisa, it is LISA she has to answer to.

She saw what happened to KCA when she sent LE on a wild goose chase - she's still suffering the consequences. Maybe she's avoiding to ultimately answering to them?

Gee, could it be there is something the media doesn't know? Are they in the Irwin home 24/7? Does DB have to report to us whenever she does something? :what:

I'm told she looks for clues on a facebook site where Kooks throw anyone and everyone under the perp bus. Then there's the psychic. So, yeah, she's looking - in a way.

I'm told she looks for clues on a facebook site where Kooks throw anyone and everyone under the perp bus. Then there's the psychic. So, yeah, she's looking - in a way.

What do you want her to do? Not trying to be snaky, just interested in what would satisfy as 'searching.

So Deborah is actively following information and showing initiative in her daughter's case? She may well be reading here or posting here,we don't know. People, some falsely, 'report' that she is out shopping at Dollar General or doing this or that, why wouldn't she want to keep a low profile. Stalking is a crime, as well.

It is most certainly not THEM (her family), she has to answer to if she is not "shown" to be looking for Lisa, it is LISA she has to answer to.

She saw what happened to KCA when she sent LE on a wild goose chase - she's still suffering the consequences. Maybe she's avoiding to ultimately answering to them?

The sun does not rise and set on Casey Anthony, she is not the end all and be all of crime. To compare other cases to hers is not valid; in doing this the unique nature of Lisa's case or any other case is lost.

The media has not given us any indication that they are searching for Lisa, either alive, or otherwise. We know how the media follows their every move.
Nor have we heard from DB, herself, that she's been doing any of these things. We have, however, heard her ask everyone else to search for her daughter. She, apparently, thinks searching is worthwhile.

I think that Deb asking us to search/look for her daughter does not mean go out pushing through forests and bushes, but keeping out eyes peeled when we are out and about .. grocery stores, malls, doctors offices etc... I'll bet she is staring down every little girl when she is out...all MO

The sun does not rise and set on Casey Anthony, she is not the end all and be all of crime. To compare other cases to hers is not valid; in doing this the unique nature of Lisa's case or any other case is lost.

While I agree that a lot of cases should not be compared to FCA, the fact is that unfortunately a lot of cases ARE STILL being compared to her case -- and will for a long time to come --

And that is because of the UNexpected OUTCOME -- THAT is why it is used as a "baromet" so to speak --:waitasec: not a good "analogy" ... but YKWIM ...

And the "comparisons" are being compared not only on the "boards" -- but by attorneys, the "talking heads" -- and I would NOT be surprised IF the FCA case is being discussed by DA's -- not "publicly" -- but with respect to their strategy.

JMO ... but I do NOT see Deb "breaking down" ... Jeremy -- yes -- Deb -- NO ...

She will continue her DENIAL in her part as to what REALLY happened to Baby Lisa -- until she is "caught" ...

All JMO ... and MOO ...

While I agree that a lot of cases should not be compared to FCA, the fact is that unfortunately a lot of cases ARE STILL being compared to her case -- and will for a long time to come --

And that is because of the UNexpected OUTCOME -- THAT is why it is used as a "baromet" so to speak --:waitasec: not a good "analogy" ... but YKWIM ...

And the "comparisons" are being compared not only on the "boards" -- but by attorneys, the "talking heads" -- and I would NOT be surprised IF the FCA case is being discussed by DA's -- not "publicly" -- but with respect to their strategy.

She will continue her DENIAL in her part as to what REALLY happened to Baby Lisa -- until she is "caught" ...

All JMO ... and MOO ...

Comparisons to Casey Anthony are a waste of time. The 'unexpected outcome' was because of a lack of thorough work of the prosecutors; if KCMO prosecutors were to follow suit then it would be on their shoulders. IMHO

Perhaps there is nothing to break down about. There are too many variables, dangling participles, if you will. This is not an open and shut case, saying so doesn't make it so. IMHO

All JMO ... and MOO ...

BBM

I'm a little confused by this statement. Parents never harmed or killed their children before FCA? Babies/children never went missing before FCA?

This is not really what I meant. What I meant was that the people around her (family) support her the most. They themselves will question their support if they see a trend where DB does not seem to be looking for her child. You and I know, the public will believe whatever they want to believe. Family is a different thing and I can see many of them (especially on the Irwin side) withdrawing support and even questioning what really did happen.

All JMO ... and MOO ...

The outcome was completely expected to me. Prosecutors should have gone for manslaughter or second-degree murder. By going for capital murder and the death penalty, they got a completely expected outcome.

This is not really what I meant. What I meant was that the people around her (family) support her the most. They themselves will question their support if they see a trend where DB does not seem to be looking for her child. You and I know, the public will believe whatever they want to believe. Family is a different thing and I can see many of them (especially on the Irwin side) withdrawing support and even questioning what really did happen.

I would think if anyone would notice a change in DB's behavior before or after the event, it would be family. I agree that the family sticking by her speaks volumes, unless one wants to think the entire family is suspect.

It is being reported here that some of the family hadn't met Lisa before she went missing. Would those people be in a position to evaluate DB's behavior before the disappearance? It doesn't sound like a terribly close family.

I also don't understand what Casey has to do with this case going unsolved. Putting someone on trial for the murder of a child---who does not leave a paper trail---is very, very unusual. I think that the Kansas City DA would see it as a huge risk to put Deborah on trial, without a body and without knowing how Lisa died, and what degree of murder it was, regardless of the outcome of the Anthony case. Even before that trial, prosecutors were not running to put people on trial without a body, especially in a case involving a child victim.

In a way, I feel like saying that Casey is the reason why this case, and many others, haven't been solved is just a way of putting blame on her like..."Look what you did, Casey! You murdered your daughter, and she never got justice, and because of you, no other child will ever get justice!"

The outcome was completely expected to me. Prosecutors should have gone for manslaughter or second-degree murder. By going for capital murder and the death penalty, they got a completely expected outcome.

The lesser charges were included and the jury could have convicted her of lesser crime than first degree murder if they wanted to. As it is the jury apparently didn't think that FCA was guilty of anything except lying to police, even child abuse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..
Back