Three critical questions

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could Pasty of called the friends over first, and that was the remark she made to John about needing them? and then called 911 at 5:52? I know the Fernies lived close, but would they of been up and out the door and at the Ramsey's in six minutes and arriving at the same time as Officer French? Did the police ever look at the Fernies or White's phone records to see when they were called?

I have been reading this thread for many years and this is my first comment. From what I can see their house is not that big and it is very untidy...so intruder would have to be some sort of ninja not to make any noise or not to step on some toy or similar or to bump into something since this is unknown theritory for him and to be that patient for up to 90 minutes,,,
p.s. English is not my first language so please excuse me...

BBM

The house is huge - 7000 sq.ft. You can see pictures here --

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/749-15th-St-Boulder-CO-80302/13182008_zpid/

I don't have the link, but there's also a video of the house on youtube listed under the ramsy home today or something like that. It does look much better. The parts that patsy designed and built on still look hideous to me thouh, especially her old bedroom design.

I just cant get straight in my own mind why jonbenet would have been wiped down. The person probably wore latex gloves so no fingerprints. It's proven, to me at least, that the vaginal jab happened at the very last either just right before the strangling or during the few minutes it took to die of that. My theory of the gown, pillow, and blanket being stained with blood from the previous assault could include the panties. Maybe it was all premeditated and whoever did it failed to realize that a dead person would not bleed enough on their own body to correspond with clothing and bedding. If all the blood wasn't from a previos assault then maybe it was planted to look like sexual assault. I'm not really buying all the comforting things done for jonbenet.'

The wiping down was done to remove visible traces of blood! It wasn't done as a "comforting" gesture. Blood all over her thighs and pubic area SHOUTS sexual assault. If they wanted to advertise a sexual assault, then they'd have left the blood visible. They wanted to COVER UP sexual abuse. I doubt the latex gloves were worn. The coroner actually found a partial print on her BODY- yet decided NOT to put it in the report and we do not know whether this partial print was matched or even if they tried to match it to anyone.
I do not believe any of the blood was planted. The blood on her thighs and pubic area was the larger amount of blood. The few drops in the panties represent a small amount that oozed out, and I doubt the stagers even knew it was there- it never came through to the longjohns, so the blood in the panties wasn't visible until her clothing was removed at the autopsy.
The blood on her pillow and on the pink nightie may would be easier to figure out if we knew whether this blood was a smear, drops or splatters.

I didn't know the blood wiped was the larger amount and coroner report of several panty stains with the largest being a half inch seems like quite a bit to me. I know there was wiped blood from the area but just not sure there was enough to make that many spots on bedding, gown, panties and possibly pillow since there were only a few red blood cells at the site of the vaginal wound. The blood that would have oozed out after death wasn' t on the posterior fourchette, only the anterior. In my mind, they would have done the staging and then decided to pull the already stained panties down after death to wipe her down. Of course, there could be fear of having one of their head hairs having fell out onto the area or an earlier fingerprint being left in the pelvic area instead of any concern about blood.

This post has been written by 'cynic' on FFJ. . I think the information 'cynic' provided - is very informative!...so, I 'stole' it from FFJ...Enjoy reading!

Who was doing the “Undoing?”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read the thread at FFJ. I know there is some discussion over there about JR saying he didnt think the killer meant to kill JB.

I am glad someone else brought it up, because it has really been nagging me since I first read that statement.

I mean, here is a father who "just found" his daughter dead and is already making excuses for the killer?! Serisously?! And it was stated that he said this more than once.

I guess he didnt happen to noticed that there was a ligature around her neck. :waitasec:

Cognitively, it seems that there are many other things that could have been racing through JR's mind at the time. Like how, when and what do I have in my arms rather than whether an alleged perp meant to kill his (apparently) sadistically tortured daughter. It goes to state of mind and it boggles mine.

I read the thread at FFJ. I know there is some discussion over there about JR saying he didnt think the killer meant to kill JB.

I am glad someone else brought it up, because it has really been nagging me since I first read that statement.

I mean, here is a father who "just found" his daughter dead and is already making excuses for the killer?! Serisously?! And it was stated that he said this more than once.

I guess he didnt happen to noticed that there was a ligature around her neck. :waitasec:

qtc,
I read that too, and thought it was quite interesting. Although the definitiion of staging refers to altering a crime-scene, there are also instances where a crime-scene is created, arguably JonBenet's is such a case?

Researchers tend to find the definition quoted by cynic controversial because the behaviour of those doing the staging does not have criminal intent, its merely protecting the family or victim.

Also some criminals as they go about their crime deliberately mess-up or remove stuff from the crime-scene, all with the purpose of evading detection, some view this as staging, profilers refer to this as a precautionary act, since it is distinct from staging per se.

Do we have examples of undoing in the death of JonBenet? Quite possibly, say the blanket, the rest of the forensic evidence is of a precautionary act nature. These are items which have been removed from the primary crime-scene precisely because in situ they have context, in the wine-cellar we still do not agree on their relevance, e.g. size-12's or barbie nightgown.

Undoing is normally where a criminal is attempting to return a victim to their natural appearance, as percieved by the criminal.

This could be said of JonBenet, carefully wiped down, redressed in size-12's, white longjohns, and wrapped papoose style in a white blanket all apparently caring, even maternal in its aspect?

Yet all the above, excluding the blanket, can be viewed as elements of staging, intended to mask or remove forensic evidence.

That is JonBenet was not simply returned to as near normal appearance as possible due to undoing behaviour. This was done to co-ordinate JonBenet's appearance with the parents version of events, and what they stated she wore to bed the previous evening.

After JonBenét’s body was found, victim advocate Grace Morlock told detectives, John Ramsey said more than once that he didn’t think the kidnapper meant to kill his daughter, because she was wrapped in her blanket.
This quote might be better interpreted using Psycholinguisitic Profiling?

JR is definitely attempting to say something here. Whether he thinks an R will be arrested so is he trying to put a spin on things, influence peoples perceptions, who knows. Note the sexual assault is absent from any of his remarks, and when later referred to in interview, it becomes a matter of respect, not that of intent.

He went on to say it was an inside job then later after praying with Lou Smit, and an interview on breaking the window, he adopted an intruder did it overview, followed up by Lou Smit promoting a psychpathic pedophile with a penchant for erotic asphyxiation kidnapping JonBenet!

So had JR already formulated a Sexual Asphyxiation theory when he made his non-accidental remarks?

Another EXCELLENT post by 'cynic' on FFJ.......'cynic' converts me to professional thief!!!!:)....Unfortunately, I cannot copy his photo references.....Highly recommend to view them on FFJ.....

Golf club or flashlight or…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Impressions made by a golf club and flashlight:

Golf club socket and heel area:

Golf club parts:

Flashlight:

Assumptions:
Burke’s arm length was 21 inches
Burke was able to rotate his arm at a burst speed of 3 revolutions per second. (A very fast, violent swing.) (By way of comparison, competitive volleyball spikes and softball “windmill” speeds are 5 revolutions per second.)
9 iron golf club head weight of 10 ounces.
Average PGA golf swing speed: 114 mph, or 167 feet per second.
Burke was able to swing a golf club at 70 fps.
Maglite flashlight weight of 2 pounds
Maglite was held near the bottom
Surface area of depressed skull fracture (1.75” x 0.5”,) is 0.875 sq. in.
45 foot-pounds of kinetic energy was sufficient to produce a depressed skull fracture in that region of the skull of JonBenet.
Primary formulas used:
Kinetic energy = 0.5 * mass * velocity squared
Velocity = Angular velocity * radius

Regions of the skull:

Skull density:

Bone thickness of a human skull. Three-dimensional Computed Tomography (CT) scan of the skull of a human child, in side view. The parietal bone is mapped in colours depicting bone thickness: light blue to yellow (0.5-2.5 millimetres); red to dark blue (3-5 millimetres). The bone thickness mapping by computer shows local variation of thickness in the human skull. This map was used to compare human skull thickness with fossil skull thickness of a Neanderthal child found at Devil's Tower, Gibraltar. Human skulls prove to be thinner than Neanderthal skulls. Research at the Anthropologis- ches Institut, University of Zurich, Switzerland.
http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/302666/enlarge

The skull varies greatly in thickness-not only in different individuals, but also at different parts-a point which must be kept in mind when trephining. Speaking generally, it is thickest over the frontal and occipital regions, attaining a maximum at the posterior occipital protuberance, and is thinnest over the squamous portion of the temporal.http://bookdome.com/health/anatomy/S...al-Region.html

The temporal and parietal regions are the thinnest cranial boned and the most common sites of accidental fracture. The thickest cranial bones are the frontal and occipital. Occipital fractures are related to more serious brain injury due to the increased force necessary to generate a fracture in the thickest bone of the skull.
Nursing Care of the Pediatric Neurosurgery Patient, edited by Cathy Cartwright, Donna C. Wallace, page 150

Force required to cause a depressed fracture in JonBenet’s skull in the posteroparietal region:

Modern studies of skull fractures conducted by the American military demonstrate that it takes a minimum of 90 foot-pounds delivered over 1 square inch to fracture the human skull with a blow delivered to the front of the head. If the blow is delivered to the temporal/parietal area, 45 foot-pounds will produce a fracture. A blow to the zygomatic region, the bony arch on either side of the face below and around the eye, requires only 18 foot-pounds of force to produce a fracture. A mace weighing 1.8 pounds can be swung at a speed of 60 feet per second by the human arm so as to generate 101 foot-pounds of energy on impact, more than enough to fracture a human skull at its strongest point.
From Sumer to Rome: The Military Capabilities of Ancient Armies,Richard A. Gabriel, Karen S. Metz, page 57

Skull and Brain: Upon reflection of the scalp there is found to be an extensive area of scalp hemorrhage along the right temporoparietal area extending from the orbital ridge, posteriorly all the way to the occipital area. This encompasses an area measuring approximately 7x4 inches. This grossly appears to be fresh hemorrhage with no evidence of organization. At the superior extension of the is area of hemorrhage is a linear to comminuted skull fracture which extends from the right occipital to posteroparietal area forward to the right frontal area across the parietal skull. In the posteroparietal area of this fracture is a roughly rectangular shaped displaced fragment of skull measuring one and three-quarters by one-half inch. The hemorrhage and the fracture extend posteriorly just past the midline of the occipital area of the skull. This fracture measures approximately 8.5 inches in length. On removal of the skull cap there is found to be a thin film of subdural hemorrhage measuring approximately 7-8 cc over the surface of the right cerebral hemisphere and extending to the base of the cerebral hemisphere.Excerpt from JonBenet’s autopsy report.

Conclusions:

The golf club is the winner in this showdown.
While Spitz assures us that the Maglite was capable of producing the injury to JonBenet’s skull, I’m not so sure.
Dr. Werner Spitz, the forensic pathologist, even ran macabre tests to see if the heavy flashlight could have inflicted the kind of massive skull fracture that was found on JonBenét. To do so, a child’s cadaver was obtained so he could strike the skull with a similar flashlight and examine the resulting injury pattern. He said the results were consistent, that the damage could have been caused by the flashlight—but it could also have been caused by other things.
JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, page 267

The first problem is the shape of the depressed skull fracture. It is a rectangular/ovoid shape while a flashlight would generally leave a crescent shaped depression if struck on an angle.
I do recognize that a depression doesn’t always slavishly follow the shape of the object responsible because of density irregularities in the skull, but there should be some degree of similarity and there is none there that I can see.
The second problem is the long linear fracture extending down to the frontal area of the skull.
If the blow was struck as depicted by Spitz, I find it difficult to imagine how the linear fracture would have occurred given the direction of the force. Perhaps if it followed a suture line it would be somewhat understandable, but it does not.
The final problem that I have is that while the force required to cause the fracture using the Maglite is conceivable in the hands of Burke, it is at the outer limit of his ability, IMO.
It would be considerably more likely in the hands of an adult.
The one advantage the Maglite would have over the golf club would be that the Maglite would be less likely to lacerate the scalp because of the rubberized edge.

By contrast:
The socket and heel region of the golf club will leave a rectangular impression.
The direction of force and possible interaction with the shaft of the golf club would more readily produce the long linear fracture found in the skull of JonBenet.
The force required to cause the fracture is well within the physical ability of Burke if he swung a golf club as a weapon, IMO.

The other potential object that is sometimes discussed is a baseball bat.
I don’t think this is as likely as either of the above, because of the large surface area that would probably make contact with the skull, thereby producing either a linear fracture or a significantly larger depressed fracture than what is seen in the JonBenet case.

With respect to a PDI scenario involving a violent push or perhaps a swing of Jonbenet into a rounded edge as opposed to JonBenet being stationary and struck by an object, the speed necessary to produce a fracture would be approximately 8 feet per second. What is uncertain is whether enough velocity is there to produce a depressed fracture rather than the more probable linear fracture. It can’t be ruled out, though, IMO.

The last paragraph was highlited by me (OM4U).

I didn't see any photos. :(

I know, DD. I 'stole' this post from FFJ but don't know how to copy all his wonderful pictures. Could you teach me how to do it and I'll be glad to update!...I'm the NEW, UNEXPERIENCED 'thief':). thank you!

The following is an excellent post by cynic at Forums for Justice that OpenMind4U wanted to share here. I don't know what happened to the pictures in his/her post. The full thread can be found here:
[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10160"]Golf club or flashlight or… - Forums For Justice[/ame]

Impressions made by a golf club and flashlight:

Golf club socket and heel area:

2ezic7a.jpg

154wmmv.jpg

bhik4.jpg

Golf club parts:

5v18p4.jpg

Flashlight:

2z855si.jpg

fmq6f7.jpg

Assumptions:
Burke’s arm length was 21 inches
Burke was able to rotate his arm at a burst speed of 3 revolutions per second. (A very fast, violent swing.) (By way of comparison, competitive volleyball spikes and softball “windmill” speeds are 5 revolutions per second.)
9 iron golf club head weight of 10 ounces.
Average PGA golf swing speed: 114 mph, or 167 feet per second.
Burke was able to swing a golf club at 70 fps.
Maglite flashlight weight of 2 pounds
Maglite was held near the bottom
Surface area of depressed skull fracture (1.75” x 0.5”,) is 0.875 sq. in.
45 foot-pounds of kinetic energy was sufficient to produce a depressed skull fracture in that region of the skull of JonBenet.
Primary formulas used:
Kinetic energy = 0.5 * mass * velocity squared
Velocity = Angular velocity * radius

Regions of the skull:

4goz5y.jpg

Skull density:

16b11ko.jpg

Bone thickness of a human skull. Three-dimensional Computed Tomography (CT) scan of the skull of a human child, in side view. The parietal bone is mapped in colours depicting bone thickness: light blue to yellow (0.5-2.5 millimetres); red to dark blue (3-5 millimetres). The bone thickness mapping by computer shows local variation of thickness in the human skull. This map was used to compare human skull thickness with fossil skull thickness of a Neanderthal child found at Devil's Tower, Gibraltar. Human skulls prove to be thinner than Neanderthal skulls. Research at the Anthropologis- ches Institut, University of Zurich, Switzerland.
http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/302666/enlarge

The skull varies greatly in thickness-not only in different individuals, but also at different parts-a point which must be kept in mind when trephining. Speaking generally, it is thickest over the frontal and occipital regions, attaining a maximum at the posterior occipital protuberance, and is thinnest over the squamous portion of the temporal.http://bookdome.com/health/anatomy/S...al-Region.html

The temporal and parietal regions are the thinnest cranial boned and the most common sites of accidental fracture. The thickest cranial bones are the frontal and occipital. Occipital fractures are related to more serious brain injury due to the increased force necessary to generate a fracture in the thickest bone of the skull.
Nursing Care of the Pediatric Neurosurgery Patient, edited by Cathy Cartwright, Donna C. Wallace, page 150

Force required to cause a depressed fracture in JonBenet’s skull in the posteroparietal region:

Modern studies of skull fractures conducted by the American military demonstrate that it takes a minimum of 90 foot-pounds delivered over 1 square inch to fracture the human skull with a blow delivered to the front of the head. If the blow is delivered to the temporal/parietal area, 45 foot-pounds will produce a fracture. A blow to the zygomatic region, the bony arch on either side of the face below and around the eye, requires only 18 foot-pounds of force to produce a fracture. A mace weighing 1.8 pounds can be swung at a speed of 60 feet per second by the human arm so as to generate 101 foot-pounds of energy on impact, more than enough to fracture a human skull at its strongest point.
From Sumer to Rome: The Military Capabilities of Ancient Armies,Richard A. Gabriel, Karen S. Metz, page 57

Skull and Brain: Upon reflection of the scalp there is found to be an extensive area of scalp hemorrhage along the right temporoparietal area extending from the orbital ridge, posteriorly all the way to the occipital area. This encompasses an area measuring approximately 7x4 inches. This grossly appears to be fresh hemorrhage with no evidence of organization. At the superior extension of the is area of hemorrhage is a linear to comminuted skull fracture which extends from the right occipital to posteroparietal area forward to the right frontal area across the parietal skull. In the posteroparietal area of this fracture is a roughly rectangular shaped displaced fragment of skull measuring one and three-quarters by one-half inch. The hemorrhage and the fracture extend posteriorly just past the midline of the occipital area of the skull. This fracture measures approximately 8.5 inches in length. On removal of the skull cap there is found to be a thin film of subdural hemorrhage measuring approximately 7-8 cc over the surface of the right cerebral hemisphere and extending to the base of the cerebral hemisphere.Excerpt from JonBenet’s autopsy report.

Conclusions:

The golf club is the winner in this showdown.
While Spitz assures us that the Maglite was capable of producing the injury to JonBenet’s skull, I’m not so sure.
Dr. Werner Spitz, the forensic pathologist, even ran macabre tests to see if the heavy flashlight could have inflicted the kind of massive skull fracture that was found on JonBenét. To do so, a child’s cadaver was obtained so he could strike the skull with a similar flashlight and examine the resulting injury pattern. He said the results were consistent, that the damage could have been caused by the flashlight—but it could also have been caused by other things.
JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, page 267

The first problem is the shape of the depressed skull fracture. It is a rectangular/ovoid shape while a flashlight would generally leave a crescent shaped depression if struck on an angle.
I do recognize that a depression doesn’t always slavishly follow the shape of the object responsible because of density irregularities in the skull, but there should be some degree of similarity and there is none there that I can see.
The second problem is the long linear fracture extending down to the frontal area of the skull.
If the blow was struck as depicted by Spitz, I find it difficult to imagine how the linear fracture would have occurred given the direction of the force. Perhaps if it followed a suture line it would be somewhat understandable, but it does not.
The final problem that I have is that while the force required to cause the fracture using the Maglite is conceivable in the hands of Burke, it is at the outer limit of his ability, IMO.
It would be considerably more likely in the hands of an adult.
The one advantage the Maglite would have over the golf club would be that the Maglite would be less likely to lacerate the scalp because of the rubberized edge.

By contrast:
The socket and heel region of the golf club will leave a rectangular impression.
The direction of force and possible interaction with the shaft of the golf club would more readily produce the long linear fracture found in the skull of JonBenet.
The force required to cause the fracture is well within the physical ability of Burke if he swung a golf club as a weapon, IMO.

The other potential object that is sometimes discussed is a baseball bat.
I don’t think this is as likely as either of the above, because of the large surface area that would probably make contact with the skull, thereby producing either a linear fracture or a significantly larger depressed fracture than what is seen in the JonBenet case.

With respect to a PDI scenario involving a violent push or perhaps a swing of Jonbenet into a rounded edge as opposed to JonBenet being stationary and struck by an object, the speed necessary to produce a fracture would be approximately 8 feet per second. What is uncertain is whether enough velocity is there to produce a depressed fracture rather than the more probable linear fracture. It can’t be ruled out, though, IMO.

That looks quite impressive. I still think the bat is on the candidate list, e.g. hit side on, instead of flat, but I'll put a golf club at the top.

Now who was it that asked why JR requested his golf-clubs in the middle of winter?

That looks quite impressive. I still think the bat is on the candidate list, e.g. hit side on, instead of flat, but I'll put a golf club at the top.

Now who was it that asked why JR requested his golf-clubs in the middle of winter?

I can't take credit for all that excellent work. My disclaimer at the top is that cynic at FFJ posted that. I just copied it by request.

But to your point, UKG... Now that you are starting to come around to the golf club that for years I have professed, I'm starting to lean away from it. But cynic's post is simply a comparison between the two: the flashlight/maglight and a golf club. And I absolutely agree with him on that. The torch not very likely.

I can't take credit for all that excellent work. My disclaimer at the top is that cynic at FFJ posted that. I just copied it by request.

But to your point, UKG... Now that you are starting to come around to the golf club that for years I have professed, I'm starting to lean away from it. But cynic's post is simply a comparison between the two: the flashlight/maglight and a golf club. And I absolutely agree with him on that. The torch not very likely.

otg,
I'm agnostic on what was used to whack JonBenet on the head. I've never promoted anything much, other than an accidental fall, which on inspection seems like a long bet.

Ive not seen the bat actually, but some bats are v shaped on the edge, and I guess whacking JonBenet with that kind of bat, would have inflicted obvious injuries?

otg,
I'm agnostic on what was used to whack JonBenet on the head. I've never promoted anything much, other than an accidental fall, which on inspection seems like a long bet.

Ive not seen the bat actually, but some bats are v shaped on the edge, and I guess whacking JonBenet with that kind of bat, would have inflicted obvious injuries?

otg, UKGuy and other,

Something is missing for me. Based on the 'cynic' analysis (great job, cynic! thank you!), the SHAPE of the 'hole' is perfectly matches the shape of the socket/heel of golf club. But I have problem with the location of the injury. It's NOT matching the description from AR. Please review the 'bone scull' picture and I'll take AR description so we can mentally draw the location of where exectly the damage of 1 3/4" x 1/2" is.

'Upon reflection of the scalp there is found to be an extensive area of scalp hemorrhage along the right temporoparietal area extending from the orbital ridge, posteriorly all the way to the occipital area. This encompasses an area measuring approximately 7" x 4". ...At the superior extention of this area of hemorrhage is a linear to comminuted skull fracture which extends from the right occipital to posteroparietal area FORWARD to the right frontal area across the parietal portion of the scull. In the posteroparietal area of this fracture is roughly rectangular shaped displaced fragment of scull measuring 1 3/4" x 1/4". The hemorrhage and the FRACTURE extends posteriorly just PAST THE MIDLINE of the OCCIPITAL area of scull. This fructure measures approx 8 1/2" in length".

I've been exemining too many anothomy pictures of human sculls today that my own scull starts hirting:)...Well, here is my non-expert opinion: the 'rectangular shaped displacement' is much-much lower than on the 'cynic' picture. It looks to me that it's almost on the lower back....please correct me if I'm wrong...Because if I'm right then using the golf club would make different kind of damage...JMO.

That would be me.

I "asked" rhetorically. In fact, there was NO good reason for him to ask for those clubs. December is not golf season in Colorado, and when they headed to Atlanta it was for JB's funeral. I would think he'd have other priorities.

That would be me.

I "asked" rhetorically. In fact, there was NO good reason for him to ask for those clubs. December is not golf season in Colorado, and when they headed to Atlanta it was for JB's funeral. I would think he'd have other priorities.

Kolar was raising the same question! In Kolar book, he was describing this episode when JR asked about the golf clubs. What I found (for the first time!!!) that the golf bag was NOT given to Pam by police. So, JR never got them back and LE has them. This info was first time mentioned in Kolar's book. I'm telling you, Kolar's book is really something. Just wondering, why didn't we hear anything in media...nothing, like someone purposely put the 'gag' on it....:banghead:

otg, UKGuy and other,

Something is missing for me. Based on the 'cynic' analysis (great job, cynic! thank you!), the SHAPE of the 'hole' is perfectly matches the shape of the socket/heel of golf club. But I have problem with the location of the injury. It's NOT matching the description from AR. Please review the 'bone scull' picture and I'll take AR description so we can mentally draw the location of where exectly the damage of 1 3/4" x 1/2" is.

'Upon reflection of the scalp there is found to be an extensive area of scalp hemorrhage along the right temporoparietal area extending from the orbital ridge, posteriorly all the way to the occipital area. This encompasses an area measuring approximately 7" x 4". ...At the superior extention of this area of hemorrhage is a linear to comminuted skull fracture which extends from the right occipital to posteroparietal area FORWARD to the right frontal area across the parietal portion of the scull. In the posteroparietal area of this fracture is roughly rectangular shaped displaced fragment of scull measuring 1 3/4" x 1/4". The hemorrhage and the FRACTURE extends posteriorly just PAST THE MIDLINE of the OCCIPITAL area of scull. This fructure measures approx 8 1/2" in length".

I've been exemining too many anothomy pictures of human sculls today that my own scull starts hirting:)...Well, here is my non-expert opinion: the 'rectangular shaped displacement' is much-much lower than on the 'cynic' picture. It looks to me that it's almost on the lower back....please correct me if I'm wrong...Because if I'm right then using the golf club would make different kind of damage...JMO.

I am not a medical type person, so reading something like this means absolutely nothing to me. After the first couple of words, I’m lost. But if you think of it like this, it might make a little more sense:

Think of the human skull as a globe or a planet with different countries. Here is a picture showing the names of the countries (or regions):

4goz5y.jpg

Now rather than talking about North or South, in medicine you talk about anterior (front) or posterior (back), superior (up/upper) or inferior (down/lower). Using all this like a map, you can navigate or follow instructions to see exactly what Dr. Meyer was saying. I put additional comments in red:
Skull and Brain: Upon reflection (cutting and peeling back) of the scalp there is found to be an extensive area of scalp hemorrhage (bleeding) along the right temporoparietal area extending from the orbital ridge (eyebrow ridge), posteriorly all the way to the occipital area. This encompasses an area measuring approximately 7x4 inches. This grossly appears to be fresh hemorrhage with no evidence of organization. At the superior extension of the is area of hemorrhage is a linear to comminuted skull fracture (a depressed fracture with broken pieces of bone displaced inward) which extends from the right occipital to posteroparietal area forward to the right frontal area across the parietal skull. In the posteroparietal area of this fracture is a roughly rectangular shaped displaced fragment of skull (Meyer is simply wrong here. The displaced area is oval shaped -- not rectangular.) measuring one and three-quarters by one-half inch. The hemorrhage and the fracture extend posteriorly just past the midline of the occipital area of the skull. This fracture measures approximately 8.5 inches in length.
See how simple?

The following is from FFJ on the location of the depressed fracture.

First, I'd like to establish exactly where the depressed fracture occurred, because I was surprised at how wrong my impression was once I drew it out. I think I know why I had the wrong impression, but I won't share that until the end to see if others were under the same impression (I know by looking at that silly photo of Dr. Spitz that he was.).

I won't repost that lurid autopsy photo -- we've all seen it, we know what it looks like. But picture it in your mind and place your fingers on your head where you think the depressed fracture was on JonBenet's head. C'mon... group experiment -- no one's looking -- put your fingers up on your scalp where you think the hole in JonBenet's skull was.

The following is an overhead drawing of a child's skull in an approximate position as the alleged X-ray of JonBenet's skull posted next to it. Obviously it is of a much younger child because the anterior fontanelle is still open, so just disregard that; but the reason I used this one is because it shows the sutures (lambdoidal, sagittal, and coronal). In it I've placed an oval where, according to the AR, the comminuted fracture was.
21c8j02.jpg
29dblzk.jpg

Notice where the fracture is in relation to the lambdoid and sagittal sutures and then see if it doesn't agree with this sketch showing the skull horizontally from the back:
2j1o491.jpg

Now see if you agree that the depressed fracture would be located in the area shown in the following diagram with a red arc (although it should be further away to the right side away from center or the sagittal suture):
2d01bep.png

Now honestly, is that much lower and to to rear than what you pictured in your mind?

Does this not indicate that the assailant would almost have to be striking from behind?

And one more question... Is Dr. Spitz full of it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back