TH's emails shed light on Horman split

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On FB she did urge people to help and thanked them for doing so. But the gym owner said when he saw her in person she offered no acknowledgement of their help and wouldn't even look people in the eye when she came into the gym (he was talking about during or right after they had the drive to support SAR workers).

Did Kaine?

I wonder how the many many people who have already convicted TH with their words will react if it is found out that someone like a SO absconded with Kyron and TH had no knowledge and no involvement.

I'm so glad our justice system doesn't allow emotion to rule out reason.

I will feel bad about it, but that won't make me suddenly love her and want to her friend either. And thinking she might be guilty is now unreasonable? Why is that? And what will the reaction be if she is guilty and LE is able to prove it? There's too sides to this fence here, and nobody knows if she's guilty or not, or what LE actually has on her. LE is the only one who knows what they have and none of us is psychic and can for certain what they have and what they don't have based on anything that has come out.

I'm just as tired of the gossip and rumors as people are who want to give her the benefit of the doubt. Just because I believe she's guilty doesn't mean I'm loving every bit of the stuff that comes out about her. And I don't just grab onto to everything to convict her. I think about what's been put out, my impression of it, does it really go towards what she did to Kyron or is it just more Terri soap opera fodder. Yes, there are those, not on this forum, that want to put her on a stake and burn her. I am not one of those. I just want to see justice for Kyron and if she's guilty, then heck yes she should pay for it.

I am tired of people thinking that if someone believes she's guilty, then they are extremists who want her tortured and torn apart. That is the farthest thing from my mind when thinking about this case. I am thinking only about Kyron and justice for Kyron. If this woman is so innocent, she shouldn't be doing things to tear apart her own life. She could just sit there quietly and not do anything to bring any attention to herself, but she just isn't capable of that. If she was, we wouldn't have much to talk about here. I've seen other cases where you don't know much about the defendant because they don't talk or do anything incriminating against themselves.

Honestly, I wish she would shut up, get off the phone, get off the internet, stay away from sexcapades, texting, and batphones, and cooperate with police in clearing herself so they can concentrate on who really did this if it isn't her. I am tired of the soap opera crap we keep getting fed through the media. It's just Enquirer stuff and doesn't tell anyone if she's guilty or innocent. I want real facts of her guilt just as much as people want real facts of her innocence. I know she can't be convicted on gossip and rumor and I wouldn't want her to be anyway.

I just know that I've dealt with people like her in my life, and that has made me very cynical and untrusting of people just like her. I'd never be her friend, that's for sure. And if you've never dealt with someone like her, you are very, very, VERY lucky. I hope you don't ever have to deal with people like her because it does taint you when it comes to people like that and crime. It makes me believe more that she is a cunning, manipulative liar stuck in high school because I've dealt with people who talked and acted the same way, and they were manipulators and liars, and also were very juvenile. A quote comes to my mind on the juvenile crap, "I am too old for this s***." That stuff REALLY rubs me the wrong way. If you're an adult, you should act like one, and she hasn't thus far.

Finally, I am going with my gut here, and my gut is rarely wrong. But my gut is not admissable in a court of law. I am not on a witch hunt, I don't want her destroyed for my pleasure, and I'm just as sick of the media as anyone else is. It's not fair to be constantly thrown into those categories just because of the belief that she's guilty. I am just as thoughtful and rational as those who are capable of giving her the benefit of the doubt. Just because we don't see things eye to eye doesn't mean there's some underlying motivation to tear apart what could be an innocent person. And yes, the thought that she might be innocent is in the back of my mind. I haven't completely discarded it, but it's the lowest on my list for sure.

So while the emails do give me an impression, I wouldn't bank on bringing them to court and convicting her with them. They just give an impression to me of what she's like, and it may do the opposite for other people, but never would I rest on those emails and say AHA, she's guilty! Look at her emails! I am far more intelligent and reasonable than that as most people are here. And if evidence comes out to prove her innocent, then I will be the first to say I'm sorry and I was wrong.

Yeah, I think the "it" means his disappearance. He went missing some time ("someplace"?) between 9 and 10. The reason she is saying that's when "it" happened is because she says she left the school at 9 and he wasn't there when they took attendance at 10.

However, there is a whole theory about people revealing the truth inadvertently through the way they word things. Perhaps she knows what ultimately happened to Kyron and she is conveying unintentionally that she knows it took place between 9 and 10? Just speculating.

BBM

Thank you! That's what I was trying to get at. Sometimes it can be said so simply. :) I found an interesting website that explains what LE looks for in a process called statement analysis. I'm not sure if I can post the link here.

I just find it very "odd" language for a teacher to use.....MO MO MO

me too ... "the teacher put kyron someplace between 9 -10am... SPECULATING ONLY :)

im sure le is using statement analysis ... there are reasons why we choose the words that we use. but because these emails are obviously edited its really hard for us to know what she was responding to. as someone already mentioned it appears she is answering specific questions. i realize that most people get defensive when they feel that they are being blamed for something bad BUT i just have a really hard time with the fact that she does not sound upset about kyrons disappearance - or actually i mean that she does not even say anything about it at all. imo, what the "blogs" are saying about her would be secondary in importance to finding kyron. i honestly dont care about her reputation over the safety of a missing child. and she raised this missing child. again i want to say that i dont want her to be guilty of this BUT to overlook everything that is just OFF in regards to her is in my opinion irresponsible... maybe she is just a very odd person and that doesnt make her a kidnapper or murderer... but she and her behavior and statements need to be looked at with the same scrutiny as anyone else in the investigation. unfortunately for her she is odd and people think that she is suspicious... if she is innocent then i will be more than willing to admit that i was wrong, but she is not behaving normally imo and her being guilty is a possibility of why moo and all that :twocents:

I'm with the group that says "No matter what, TH can't do anything right" and will get scorned no matter what. Sorry, but well, we're at that table, over there.

As far as what she meant by "gee, I wish I'd known that"--I think she meant that had she known that Kaine could take her daughter away from her and she couldn't stop him, she might not have trusted him and left the child with him.

If, *if* she's innocent, she's been really badly treated. If, if.

And I suspect that KH wasn't taking her calls.

I also suspect that LE is leaking emails in this trickle for one reason only: they really don't have anything concrete against her so they're hoping to continue to toss firewood over to the witch hunt. Really, I do.

Of course, I could be wrong. But right now rather than seeing compelling evidence that would lead to an arrest, all I see is LE trying anything at all.

Sadly, the focus now is on the emails, gossip, could-haves, maybe somebody in the truck rather than "where's Kyron" and "after 9 weeks why don't you have more?" Oh wait, "after 9 weeks why don't you have more?"

Of course putting the focus on this type of stuff is better for LE. Distracts from the lack of credible progress, IMHO. They have made me very angry.

My first thought when she said "gee I wish I'd known that" was that had she known it, SHE would have taken baby K and left herself, maybe quite some time ago, since the marriage wasn't going so well according to reports. JMO.

This makes a lot of sense.........very logical that TH would be trying to find out what KH knew. It was wise of him not to respond to her email.

Really bugs me that in all of her "I love ou's" etc to Kaine via email she never once says anything about Kyron, such as: "Lets settle this after Kyron is found. The focus should be on finding him...I have already lost one child please come back and bring baby K back.." for example. We see none of this. Even if I was a fence sitter (which I'm not) I would be slipping off the fence on her emails not mentioning Kyron at all in her emails. JMO

Really bugs me that in all of her "I love ou's" etc to Kaine via email she never once says anything about Kyron, such as: "Lets settle this after Kyron is found. The focus should be on finding him...I have already lost one child please come back and bring baby K back.." for example. We see none of this. Even if I was a fence sitter (which I'm not) I would be slipping off the fence on her emails not mentioning Kyron at all in her emails. JMO

BBM

And if I were sure that we had seen the complete emails and she did not mention him, then maybe I would agree. But since we don't know that we have seen them in their entirety...could you bring me a pillow, my arse is getting sore up here....:crazy:

don't getted too bugged about the emails. It has been speculated that the emails that we have seen have been edited. If so, we can't read to much into the omissions or the content for that matter. just a thought.

If we are going to discuss a now private FB we must link to previous posts and discussion here on this forum from when it was open. Thanks.... And FB is off topic here anyway. Let's get back to the emails please.

I'll break a personal rule and look at this not so uncommon narcissistic one liner.

"I love you, but this is ridiculous."

That can pretty much sum it up.

lie. (check)
it's about Terri. (check)
blame. (check)
control. (check)
arrogance. (check)
condescension. (check)
deceit. (check)
manipulation. (check)
coldness. (check)
entitlement. (check)
shameless. (check)
lack of empathy. (check)
fantasy. (check)
lack of remorse. (check)
lack of conscience. (check)

I'll break a personal rule and look at this not so uncommon narcissistic one liner.

"I love you, but this is ridiculous."

That can pretty much sum it up.

lie. (check)
it's about Terri. (check)
blame. (check)
control. (check)
arrogance. (check)
condescension. (check)
deceit. (check)
manipulation. (check)
coldness. (check)
entitlement. (check)
shameless. (check)
lack of empathy. (check)
fantasy. (check)
lack of remorse. (check)
lack of conscience. (check)

Angel agrees with this post. (check) :innocent:

If we're done discussing the emails, this thread will be closed. This is not a debate about who is right and who is wrong. We have a couple of threads about TH's innocence and/or guilt. This is not one of them. Thanks!

I think trying to analyze the subtleties of English usage in Terri's email, Kaine's email, or the media stories is crediting them with far more ability than they really possess...

I will feel bad about it, but that won't make me suddenly love her and want to her friend either. And thinking she might be guilty is now unreasonable? Why is that? And what will the reaction be if she is guilty and LE is able to prove it? There's too sides to this fence here, and nobody knows if she's guilty or not, or what LE actually has on her. LE is the only one who knows what they have and none of us is psychic and can for certain what they have and what they don't have based on anything that has come out.

I'm just as tired of the gossip and rumors as people are who want to give her the benefit of the doubt. Just because I believe she's guilty doesn't mean I'm loving every bit of the stuff that comes out about her. And I don't just grab onto to everything to convict her. I think about what's been put out, my impression of it, does it really go towards what she did to Kyron or is it just more Terri soap opera fodder. Yes, there are those, not on this forum, that want to put her on a stake and burn her. I am not one of those. I just want to see justice for Kyron and if she's guilty, then heck yes she should pay for it.

I am tired of people thinking that if someone believes she's guilty, then they are extremists who want her tortured and torn apart. That is the farthest thing from my mind when thinking about this case. I am thinking only about Kyron and justice for Kyron. If this woman is so innocent, she shouldn't be doing things to tear apart her own life. She could just sit there quietly and not do anything to bring any attention to herself, but she just isn't capable of that. If she was, we wouldn't have much to talk about here. I've seen other cases where you don't know much about the defendant because they don't talk or do anything incriminating against themselves.

Honestly, I wish she would shut up, get off the phone, get off the internet, stay away from sexcapades, texting, and batphones, and cooperate with police in clearing herself so they can concentrate on who really did this if it isn't her. I am tired of the soap opera crap we keep getting fed through the media. It's just Enquirer stuff and doesn't tell anyone if she's guilty or innocent. I want real facts of her guilt just as much as people want real facts of her innocence. I know she can't be convicted on gossip and rumor and I wouldn't want her to be anyway.

I just know that I've dealt with people like her in my life, and that has made me very cynical and untrusting of people just like her. I'd never be her friend, that's for sure. And if you've never dealt with someone like her, you are very, very, VERY lucky. I hope you don't ever have to deal with people like her because it does taint you when it comes to people like that and crime. It makes me believe more that she is a cunning, manipulative liar stuck in high school because I've dealt with people who talked and acted the same way, and they were manipulators and liars, and also were very juvenile. A quote comes to my mind on the juvenile crap, "I am too old for this s***." That stuff REALLY rubs me the wrong way. If you're an adult, you should act like one, and she hasn't thus far.

Finally, I am going with my gut here, and my gut is rarely wrong. But my gut is not admissable in a court of law. I am not on a witch hunt, I don't want her destroyed for my pleasure, and I'm just as sick of the media as anyone else is. It's not fair to be constantly thrown into those categories just because of the belief that she's guilty. I am just as thoughtful and rational as those who are capable of giving her the benefit of the doubt. Just because we don't see things eye to eye doesn't mean there's some underlying motivation to tear apart what could be an innocent person. And yes, the thought that she might be innocent is in the back of my mind. I haven't completely discarded it, but it's the lowest on my list for sure.

So while the emails do give me an impression, I wouldn't bank on bringing them to court and convicting her with them. They just give an impression to me of what she's like, and it may do the opposite for other people, but never would I rest on those emails and say AHA, she's guilty! Look at her emails! I am far more intelligent and reasonable than that as most people are here. And if evidence comes out to prove her innocent, then I will be the first to say I'm sorry and I was wrong.

Exactly, exactly, exactly!!! When I find something that could be taken two ways, I have always tried to point it out, but it still doesn't make me think "innocent" because of my gut feelings...I'm certainly not on a witch hunt but I still think she's a witch...(and that does not make her a kidnapper or murderer)...and if she's innocent, I will still think she's a witch, but I will feel badly about thinking she's a kidnapper or murderer, and I will still pray for Kyron his family and yes, even her, as I do now...

It's not so much the exact words since we know that idioms are used differently all over the country.

For me what's strange is the flat tone, as if this was a school assignment or something.

These emails were supposedly written the day after Kyron disappeared but there's no emotion in there to reflect the feelings of Kaine or Desiree, or even Desiree's husband! She comes across as cold, calculating, and childish.

It's like "Don't blame me! Blame the school! Blame some guy! I was just having my day and how dare they interrupt with news about my missing stepson!"

[/rant]

Sorry - my fake Terri rant is too passionate and doesn't reflect her emotionless tone in the emails. :angel:

I have been haunting the statement analysis blog since a few weeks after Kyron went missing...it's really interesting. He analyzes the Cummings case, the Anthony case and this one too.
He has an entry regarding these emails and it's fascinating to see how he pulls the wording apart and identifies the stressors and deception.
I've been using junior statement analysis on a certain someone in my life and it's fascinating to see what opens up...not always good though ;) heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog