Tipster saw TH truck 6/4 AM near SI

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Without a Trace, 1983, Kate Nelligan and Judd Hirsch. I remember it well. The little boy's name was Alex, and my Alex was just a few months old when the movie opened. I tear up now just thinking about the ending. (As a new mother that year, I cried a lot of mom-felt tears between this movie and Sophie's Choice.) In fact, Without A Trace sparked my interest in missing children cases, and showed me just how quickly a child can disappear.

I often think back to that movie when following cases and remember that "crackpot" tip that was dismissed. You are sooooo right, Abbie, we can't give up hope. We never know where the answer lies until we find it, and the more unlikely the source, the greater the miracle.

I was doubtful about the sighting in WV the other night, but I have a better feeling about this tip, considering the proximity. Just want to add that I really appreciate the input from the locals on this thread.

Yep, that's the movie. Sorry I got the name wrong, there is another movie with the title Still Missing IIRC. Yes the kids name was Alex, my, what a great memory you have. IIRC the kidnappers had renamed him Mark. Could be wrong. But anyway glad another poster saw it too and gets my drift.
Miracles happen everyday. Maybe we will get a miracle on this case too.
I am not too hopeful on that but even if at the most they locate his body, it will help DY and KH and TY start to get some closure and end this nightmare, somewhat, for them. Not knowing is the worst part, I have heard.

The end of the movie is quite dramatic, you see it once and never forget it. I have seen it several times, I don't know who could watch it and not cry. You are right, sometimes I tear up just thinking about the ending.

my whole problem with this scenario is it is huge info.......and LE has apperentely disregarded it?

i wonder if chas has a history of stuff like this.

As far as the tipline, Lt. Mary Lindstrand said tips have dropped off a bit. They averaged around 5 to 10 an hour.

And she also said if people who have called the tip line but haven’t heard back, that doesn’t mean they haven’t followed up on their tips.

Often times Lindstrand said the tips are “duplicates.”

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...ring-police-sting/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

I don't think they have ignored it.

If I wanted my pings to throw off LE IF an investigation could possibly ensue as to my whereabouts during a certain time, I wold drop my phone off somewhere, do my business, and come back later to retreive the phone, and go about my "errands", pinging along the way nowhere near where I had dumped a body. She was supposedly into CSI and stuff like that and doesn't everybody know about pings? Didn't she follow the CA case or am I mistaken about that? That's where I learned a lot about cell phones pinging, that and the Drew Peterson case. Any tool such as a cell phone that could help later to pinpoint your travels could also be used in a backwards kind of way to eliminate areas you were in, simply by putting the phone in one location for awhile and retreiving it later. Just thinking like a sneaky person who was committing a crime might think...JMO

BBM Dark Red... Me too...BBM Black.. And I am thinking this is exactly what she did...JMO

Hope LE is aware of this post.... However, a body in a bloody rolled up rug is not probable. It would attract numbers of Turkey Buzzards and Vultures. From a distance it is a very obvious sight,and an unmistakeable sign of a cadaver. Something any CSI maven would be aware of.....

All JMO

Maybe not, if their attention is on Sauvie and not on this road we are now talking about. I see turkey buzzards and vultures (GROSE AS HE77) around here all the time, deer that have been hit and dragged off the roadway, other dead stuff in the woods on the mountain....even something as innocent as a bag of garbage that contains food someone has tossed out onto the side of a road, you know?
Those disgusting birds eat anything dead.

**and theres no evidence of a RUG in Kyrons case nor are we sure there's BLOOD involved, it could have been a soft kill such as a strangling which would leave no blood, etc on TH's clothing, in the truck, etc.** JMO

If it was me I'd go directly to the police station & skip all phone #s & the media too.

What's so hard about that? It's not like there isn't one to be found.

eta..especially if I felt LE was ignoring my TIP!

You can send a free fax over the internet of that page to MCSO:

MCSO FAX: (503) 988 - 4320

http://www.mcso.us/public/

Anybody picking up a fax with that page printed out, it will definitely get their attention!

Example of free fax online:

http://home.efax.com/s/r/efax-brand10?VID=33675&gclid=CLfY3K2n5qICFdFN5QodmTLW8w

If someone here thinks it is worth doing so, they should say "I'll do it," in a post so they don't get a million faxes of the thing. Just a suggestion.

Lillyfrog emailed the link already.

(I just think it's best not to flood LE with this thing, so I think it should be a co-ordinated effort.)

Please do not link to sites that suggest great places for criminal behavior.

Thank you!

Thanks, coco. Looks like I had the time wrong. According to nurseratchett, it was between 9:15 and 9:45.

Since it took so long for the tipster to 'remember', even though he knew about Kyron from the beginning, and even though he watched the truck and pulled closer to look at the driver, I'm not sure how reliable he is.

If his memory is accurate though, his info seems to me to be more exculpatory than inculpatory - Terri was apparently not disguising herself, not trying to hide, she was alone in the truck (Kyron wasn't in the truck), and it would have been right after she left the school. Sounds like she may now have a defense witness.

Still trying to catch up; so, please forgive me if this has already been stated. I keep seeing responses about how the tipster saw Terri. Everyone is assuming Terri was alone; but, the truck has a back seat right? The law requires kids to ride in the back seat. It is possible they weren't seen in the back seat.

Also, someone posted that Terri did have baby K w/ her. Has that now been confirmed? I know we have all wondered about that for weeks. TIA!

If someone here thinks it is worth doing so, they should say "I'll do it," in a post so they don't get a million faxes of the thing. Just a suggestion.

Lillyfrog emailed the link already.

(I just think it's best not to flood LE with this thing, so I think it should be a co-ordinated effort.)

I already emailed so I will not fax it as well. I think a fax is a good idea but I am not going to sign up for the free trial of the fax service w my cc info.

I already emailed so I will not fax it as well. I think a fax is a good idea but I am not going to sign up for the free trial of the fax service w my cc info.

One of each is fine, as they are likely screened by different people.

I just don't think it is fair to be frustrated with LE being slow on the tips on one hand and then send them a million duplicate tips from a google search on the other! :crazy:

Yep, that's the movie. Sorry I got the name wrong, there is another movie with the title Still Missing IIRC. Yes the kids name was Alex, my, what a great memory you have. IIRC the kidnappers had renamed him Mark. Could be wrong. But anyway glad another poster saw it too and gets my drift.
Miracles happen everyday. Maybe we will get a miracle on this case too.
I am not too hopeful on that but even if at the most they locate his body, it will help DY and KH and TY start to get some closure and end this nightmare, somewhat, for them. Not knowing is the worst part, I have heard.

The end of the movie is quite dramatic, you see it once and never forget it. I have seen it several times, I don't know who could watch it and not cry. You are right, sometimes I tear up just thinking about the ending.
iirc, the movie "without a trace" was based on the book "still missing" by beth gutcheon. the book is as good as the movie, maybe better. jmo ;)

Give this tipster a polygraph, and do some pings of HIS cellphone to make sure that he was in the area.

Also explain to him that if they find out he is lying, they are going to send him the bill for any searches that result from his "tip"

Then ask him one final time if he actually saw a white truck that morning.

Hey! And if they do this, they can save a ton o' money and investigative time by shutting down the tip line.

Going through irrelevant tips is frustrating but not having any tips is even more frustrating. It is far better to have too many than to not get enough.

Hey! And if they do this, they can save a ton o' money and investigative time by shutting down the tip line.

Going through irrelevant tips is frustrating but not having any tips is even more frustrating. It is far better to have too many than to not get enough.

Yes, I would certainly think twice about giving a tip if I knew it might land me a bill for the search.

Example: When I was pregnant, my doula had a policy of charging an extra fee for coming out for a false labour, so I didn't call her until I was at the hospital and the baby was on the way, just to be safe. If I wasn't absolutely certain, I wasn't risking that fee. I was gonna wait to see the whites of the little pooper's eyes, just to be on the safe side. Which, basically, rendered having a doula useless.

I have no idea if Chas saw Terri or if what he remembers is accurate but there was something like this in the Morgan Harrington case. A woman was sure she saw Morgan the morning after her disappearance, at a convenience store in a neighboring town. The tipster even said she remembered the band name on Morgan's T-shirt because she thought at first it was the name of a cellphone her daughter wanted, so she took a good look at the T-shirt.

Even after LE checked the surveillance video from the convenience store and saw no evidence of Morgan or the tipster lady, she was adamant about what she had seen and posted about it on the findmorgan.com forums. Now that Morgan's body has been found not far from the place she was last seen we know the tipster was mistaken. It's a little different because Chas says he saw Terri someplace where she very well could have been, not in a different town, but him saying he paid extra attention to the white truck because a friend has the same one reminded me of Morgan's tipster saying she paid extra attention to the T-shirt because of the brand of phone her daughter was begging her for.

Maybe not, if their attention is on Sauvie and not on this road we are now talking about. I see turkey buzzards and vultures (GROSE AS HE77) around here all the time, deer that have been hit and dragged off the roadway, other dead stuff in the woods on the mountain....even something as innocent as a bag of garbage that contains food someone has tossed out onto the side of a road, you know?
Those disgusting birds eat anything dead.

**and theres no evidence of a RUG in Kyrons case nor are we sure there's BLOOD involved, it could have been a soft kill such as a strangling which would leave no blood, etc on TH's clothing, in the truck, etc.** JMO

Hi Abbienormal,
Yes, I'm in the NW, we seem 'em all the time... However, I do believe that this would be something that LE would have checked out , if they had in fact seen several carrion circling, in the days following Kyron's vanishing. ITA about the bloody rug ; the whole post is creepy to me....

All JMO

If they did this kind of scrutiny on tips, people would not call tips in. I know I wouldn't.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Also, Kyron was only 7. She could of told him anything to get him into the truck. i.e. sneak out, just between the two of us, special surprise, etc. from the school. Not to mention lay down in the back seat - on the floor, etc. CSI shirt: she could of even made it into a sick game with him - I saw a great "electricity" project we can go see... playing the whole thing up the entire time including whatever happened to him.

My sister is tiny and also a body builder. However she has been doing it consistently for about 9 years - all natural. Although she is 5' nothin she could hoist that 50lb body around like it was weightless.

TMH was a body builder and had a baby so she still lifts all of the time which leaves me wondering how hard it would for her to accomplish disposal. Along with vultures, etc. don't we have a lot of wild animals in our woods still?

This story has been so disheartening to follow. I love the area he is missing from. We had been looking at properties out there to possibly relocate to and it is quite remote on those roads. Absolutely gorgeous. When my daughter & I found a area where they took 220 (approx.?) acres and hollowed out 30 home sites in we drove around thru it. We loved it back there but I remember saying to her that I am not sure I could handle living there while they were young because it could be very scary. Wilderness, etc.

I started following this story because we are locals and I was so stuck on the "there is no way the step-mom would do this"... only to have done a 100% turn around as of now. But in the back of my mind I kept saying it would be so easy to persuade a 7 year old little boy to do anything. Especially if he trusted you with all of his life.

I sent the article and link about the "Best of" to the MCSO. maybe nothing but it only took me a minute to send it..

Believe it was from The Portland Mercury the equivalent of The Seattle Stranger or The Seattle Weekly.
The article was intended to be darkly humored but still in light of the crimes committed in the PNW is creepy. One thing about living in the NW is some like to brag about the serial killers there- no joke.

I have no idea if Chas saw Terri or if what he remembers is accurate but there was something like this in the Morgan Harrington case. A woman was sure she saw Morgan the morning after her disappearance, at a convenience store in a neighboring town. The tipster even said she remembered the band name on Morgan's T-shirt because she thought at first it was the name of a cellphone her daughter wanted, so she took a good look at the T-shirt.

Even after LE checked the surveillance video from the convenience store and saw no evidence of Morgan or the tipster lady, she was adamant about what she had seen and posted about it on the findmorgan.com forums. Now that Morgan's body has been found not far from the place she was last seen we know the tipster was mistaken. It's a little different because Chas says he saw Terri someplace where she very well could have been, not in a different town, but him saying he paid extra attention to the white truck because a friend has the same one reminded me of Morgan's tipster saying she paid extra attention to the T-shirt because of the brand of phone her daughter was begging her for.

With the best of intentions, eyewitnesses make mistakes all the time.

I've mentioned this experiment before but I think it's worth mentioning again.

The experiment used two dark complected black men. One man had a pale blue contact lens in one eye (for purposes of the experiment). The two men were sent down a hall with the research subjects in it. One man was carrying an object in his hands and the other man was not.

Ten minutes later, the research subjects were asked to identify which man was carrying the object. Their answers were no better than random chance.

Human beings don't notice everything around them. We can't. We notice what seem to us to be the relevant details and our minds fill in the rest of the picture.

If you read the files from Project Innocence, a huge number of the wrongfully convicted were convicted on the basis of mistaken eyewitness testimony. I believe that the vast majority of those witnesses had good intentions but they just made a mistake.

So Chas and his truck sighting are interesting but nowhere near conclusive of anything, even whether he saw the truck that particular day or not. I imagine he truly believes he did but he could be mistaken.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back