GUILTY TN - Benjamin Shook for kidnapping, rape of 14yo girl, Surgoinsville, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping for H. I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more attention.

Just saw it this morning and read from the beginning. It truly sickens me that so many of these perverts use social media to lure insecure teen girls. A resounding YES to teaching your kids about internet safety but what you teach them for the 10-12 years from birth until the time they start using it is WAY more important. Self-respect, boundaries, morals, values, etc. These girls don't turn 12, 13 or 14 and wake up and go "wow, I hate myself, I'm ugly, no one loves me" and start looking for approval from strange men online. That's a process that started long before they ever found SM, which just feeds it for girls already like this.

Someone earlier in this thread asked if girls are really that desperate that they just run off with some guy they met online. The answer is YES. Of course I realize you can be the best parent on the planet and still have a moody unbalanced kid (unbalanced in their thinking of themselves) but you can't JUST teach them about internet safety without first laying the groundwork for why they matter in the first place.

/me steps off her soapbox

Hoping they find this girl safe today & lock this creep up for a VERY LONG time.

Sadly, I've noticed that when a child goes willingly, no matter how crazy the circumstances, it's a whole let attention grabbing than if he'd grabbed her off the street. This is a nightmare and there is no way this girl knew he had NINE counts of child molesting against him when she went. I wonder if she even knew his real age.

OT Please everyone check out a film called " Trust''. It's a very disturbing and hard to watch film about this very thing. And it's really eye opening as to how easily these young girls can be fooled. It's a very important film, especially if you have young teens in your life with an active online presence.

Here is a map I made up real quick of the area where the command post is going to be set up, Sugar Grove.
I've added a few locations to get the ball rolling. I have no idea where the command post is being set up, nor do I know if they are concentrating the search on the forested area to the north or south of Sugar Grove.

I'm going to go ahead and let this map be edited by anybody that has information that may need to be added, as long as you are familiar with how to do it.

I have to work today, so it will be easier for others to research and add points of interest. If you don't know how to add waypoints and what-not on the map, you might not want to fool around with it.

You can zoom in and out with the center wheel on your mouse, left click and drag to move around on your screen. If you can zoom in close enough to figure out which cabin they are in, it might be worth $5000 to ya'.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kDj3TIjNozBk&usp=sharing

This is my family. And I work for an agency called rescue one it's an agency that rescues sex traffic victims. All of these comments about do kids really run away to enter into these situations. Yes they do, and it even happens to the ones that are rich and we'll educated. It starts out online. And becomes grooming. The men groom these girls by telling them everything g they want to hear. And tell them nobody understands them. They tell them that they love them and will never hurt them. And the kids willingly go because they now believe they are loved and they love the groomer back. He then buys her everything, builds her self confidence and destroys it at the same time. Then after a few years they go from being groomer to daddy. And daddy is a code name for pimp. She is now around the age of 15 or 16. They leave home at 13 to 14. It happens everyday in every place. Please don't trust the news. I'm family and it's not all accurate.

Here is a map I made up real quick of the area where the command post is going to be set up, Sugar Grove.
I've added a few locations to get the ball rolling. I have no idea where the command post is being set up, nor do I know if they are concentrating the search on the forested area to the north or south of Sugar Grove.

I'm going to go ahead and let this map be edited by anybody that has information that may need to be added, as long as you are familiar with how to do it.

I have to work today, so it will be easier for others to research and add points of interest. If you don't know how to add waypoints and what-not on the map, you might not want to fool around with it.

You can zoom in and out with the center wheel on your mouse, left click and drag to move around on your screen. If you can zoom in close enough to figure out which cabin they are in, it might be worth $5000 to ya'.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kDj3TIjNozBk&usp=sharing

BBM

Thanks for the map. The command center is set up at Sugar Grove Elementary School. It's located about a 1/2 mile or so from the Exxon station. It's right off Hwy 16 on Teas Road, probably 1/10 mile.

I found this article that was updated last night @ 6 30.

"There's a command center set up at Sugar Grove Elementary School. The U.S. Marshals Office is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of HW and the arrest of Shook.

The Smyth County Sheriff's Office tells me they are using every resource available, including helicopters, scent dogs, and officers searching on foot, but they still need help to find W and Shook."

http://www.wcyb.com/news/tbi-releases-new-information-in-amber-alert/33819094

In the week and one day since she has disappeared there have been over 100 calls per day of reported sightings. All either in a car or walking. Not one has been the one yet. At this moment they chasing a Honda that supposedly them. Will update as soon as I know

This is my family. And I work for an agency called rescue one it's an agency that rescues sex traffic victims. All of these comments about do kids really run away to enter into these situations. Yes they do, and it even happens to the ones that are rich and we'll educated. It starts out online. And becomes grooming. The men groom these girls by telling them everything g they want to hear. And tell them nobody understands them. They tell them that they love them and will never hurt them. And the kids willingly go because they now believe they are loved and they love the groomer back. He then buys her everything, builds her self confidence and destroys it at the same time. Then after a few years they go from being groomer to daddy. And daddy is a code name for pimp. She is now around the age of 15 or 16. They leave home at 13 to 14. It happens everyday in every place. Please don't trust the news. I'm family and it's not all accurate.

Welcome to WS bbanks. I wish it was under different circumstances. I see in you comment that you mention sex trafficking. I was under the impression from what I've read that H's disappearance was related to a child predator/pedophile rather than sex trafficking. I'd be curious to know your opinion. Prayers that today is the day H is found.

In the week and one day since she has disappeared there have been over 100 call of reported sightings. All either in a car or walking. Not one has been the one yet. At this moment they chasing a Honda that supposedly them. Will update as soon as I know

:please:

Welcome bbanks! So sorry to meet you under these circumstances, but I do hope you will stick around websleuths, I think your knowledge of human trafficking could be very useful in a number of cases here. I am praying that today is the day H is found!

Ok, so the Honda didn't pan out. And as far as the sex trafficking goes. It works the same way. These pimps are predators they just make money off of it. I mean think about it. If he wanted to dump her, his criminal history would be a little different. He is wanting her for personal reasons. And let's think about it. If she isn't found and time goes by they have make money at some point in time to survive. So how? Jobs? NO. You change her appearance a little. And sell her. She thinks she is making "daddy" pimp love her as long as she is useful. As she wears out he promises her to be the top b#$&*# which is a woman that used to be a traffic girl that is now responsible for collecting money from other girls and making sure to recruit. They usually make between $2500 to $4000 a night at$100 to more an hr. Imagine how much work that is????

I'm thinking most pedophile predators are not pimps. They abduct or lure children away for their own gratification, not for resale. Which is why most of these children are used and then murdered. Of course this is only just my opinion. I have no real understanding of these horrible people. I pray H is found today.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Another Amber alert in Manhattan, NY

50 yo male took a 3 yo child.

I could not agree more with your post. Anybody, anytime, anywhere. These guys are not successful over and over again because what they do does not work. These, usually girls, immature brains don't think of consequences every time, have good judgment all the time, or think things through to their logical conclusions. Straight A or F student, or anywhere in between. Money or none. Popular, unpopular. Beautiful or plain. Fat or skinny, and all in between.

I cannot believe they have not been found. I know she thinks or thought this was what she wanted, but she has to know by now, she has made a huge mistake. Come on, LE! Volunteers will help, if you can use them.

Ok. Let me clarify I'm not saying ben hook is going to sell her off. I'm stating what happens a lot with these situations. Notice he doesn't have a record of murder. It's possible, yes. But I honestly believe based on everything I know they are hiding and possibly already left the area. He has friends in the area. He is smarter than we think. Also new info. A few ex marines are helping with the search. These awesome men go around the country helping with these kinds of situations

The hard part is every girl tells us they didn't go home because they knew they wouldn't be accepted back. And that everyone would condemn them. They were fed this by the guy. They don't go home because they are "loved"

OT: On a more positive note......... those of you following the Amber Woolwine missing case, she has been found in Tx with Max Kozak. Kozak is being detained and Amber is in the custody of CPS. https://www.facebook.com/KGET17News

:welcome: bbanks6608! I'm so sorry for what you are going through and that you've joined us under these circumstances, but i'm glad that you're here. Thank you!

I'm concerned that he knows he's being sought, and if they are on foot in the woods he may begin to feel his chances of escape are greater if he goes it alone. They need to find H asap. Every day makes me more afraid!

I'm concerned that he knows he's being sought, and if they are on foot in the woods he may begin to feel his chances of escape are greater if he goes it alone. They need to find H asap. Every day makes me more afraid!

I'm right there with you - no word, no new sightings. I'm trying not to go to "the dark place" and instead I want to remain hopeful that Shook will just send H on her way so he can escape LE. There's no reason to harm her since eliminating a witness will do him no good at this point.

But I can't get past the possibilities. Since last night I keep thinking about Henry Lee Lucas and what happened when Becky said she wanted to go home. I so hope Shook is a better man than Lucas. :(

http://wjhl.com/2015/06/30/hayleigh-wilsons-dad-says-he-still-has-hope-she-will-come-home/

“He had her fooled for a long time,” W's father said. “I want H to know that it’s not her fault. She just made a mistake, you know as anybody can, anybody can make a mistake. But I just want her to know, I don’t blame her for nothing…I want her to know that she’s going to be welcomed home with open arms from her daddy.”

Ugh. Breaks my heart. Let her go back to her daddy Mr. Shook, please!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenae
Back