GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I sure hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, not my intent but I hope race isn't the reason the one juror keeps asking about Daphne. I wonder if it's an African American juror, who feels Daphne wasn't charged because she is white?

Again, not trying to offend anyone by bringing up race, just curious.

I think it is a fair question. If you read some of the comments on the Knox News site, there is a commenter who goes so far as to call Daphne "that white girl" and complain repeatedly about the "white girl" getting special treatment. Everytime I read her comments, I worry that a juror could feel the same way.

You haven't offended me because I wondered about that also. Isn't Daphne also related to someone in LE? Niece maybe? I wonder if that's why the juror keeps mentioning her?

Yes she is related, but she wasn't there the ENTIRE time like a certain somebody we all know.

This trial is for VC, NOT on whether more should be charged or why certain others were not charged.

He just keeps asking the same question over and over. How does Aja know that VC has never handled a gun in her life?

Aja doesn't know where VC was living or if she even lived with Natasha

Mr. Lavit sure likes to ask witnesses, "How do you know that, how is it fact?" Well Mr. Lavit my question to you would be, how does Aja know for a fact that Vanessa has never handled a gun in her life? Where is the proof that she didn't handle a gun in the house on chipman st?

Just when I was starting to think that Aja sounded sweet and credible...the attitude comes out on cross. Don't witnesses realize that the jury picks up on the abrupt switch from sweet and innocent to evasive and terse?

And to think that the national media is paying no attention whatsoever to this trial with its many twists and turns.

David From TN

Yes she is related, but she wasn't there the ENTIRE time like a certain somebody we all know.

This trial is for VC, NOT on whether more should be charged or why certain others were not charged.

Oh, I agree. I was just wondering why this one particular juror was hung up on Daphne not being charged? Maybe they think she received preferential treatment because of her race or because of her relationship to LE.

Oh, I agree. I was just wondering why this one particular juror was hung up on Daphne not being charged? Maybe they think she received preferential treatment because of her race or because of her relationship to LE.

Probably, but the judge should squash those Daphne questions and let the juror know beyond a doubt that is not what this trial is for... to question why others are not charged. Jeez, Daphne was there about 10 minutes at most... VC was there the entire time. :furious:

There were recorded phone calls between Dapne and Davidson when he was in jail. I can't remember if they were played at Davidson's trial. I read the transcripts to at least one of the calls online and you can tell Daphne hadn't been there and didn't know what had happened. Davidson was telling her about it and pretty much how he was just an innocent victim in the whole ordeal.

I sure wish they would play those calls for the jury!

Darn, I have to leave. Thank you to everyone who keeps us up to date.

way behind, but here's a shot of Aja, VC's sister:
fu7720.jpg

Is it just me or is TK awesome? She is so disarming and effective. No need to yell and scream like that Lavit does.

Unless she was working for LE to get answers, it SICKENS me that she would even talk to the guy after finding out what he had done. She probably would have done just the same as VC if she was there anyway... scum imo.

Unless she was working for LE to get answers, it SICKENS me that she would even talk to the guy after finding out what he had done. She probably would have done just the same as VC if she was there anyway... scum imo.

I don't know if Daphne would have or not. They hid Channon from Dapphne. But they all knew Coleman was there and they brought both Chris and Channon in there. That tells me they trusted VC or thought of her as one of them but not so with Daphne. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back