Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people just coming up to speed. I'm thinking McCloud's hearing on 3/24 will also be changed to 4/30 as Angela's.... at least that is where I'm putting him! :)

Hearing For Role Hearing Type Hearing Date/Time Judge Hearing Result
Angela Mae Boswell Defendant Hearing 04/30/2020 9:30 AM Mark H Toohey

Angela Mae Boswell Defendant Hearing 03/24/2020 9:30 AM Mark H Toohey Continuance Granted

Angela Mae Boswell Defendant Hearing 02/27/2020 9:30 AM Mark H Toohey Continuance Granted

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

Hearing For Role Hearing Type Hearing Date/Time Judge Hearing Result
William Boyden Bryant McCloud Defendant Hearing 03/24/2020 9:00 AM J Klyne Lauderback

William Boyden Bryant McCloud Defendant Hearing 03/04/2020 9:00 AM J Klyne Lauderback Continuance Granted

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

@Niner I am so grateful for the time and effort you put into keeping this information up to date! It seems like it would be an overwhelming task. Thank you!

The District Attorney still has not released the cause or time of the child's death. But sources tell Newschannel 5 the case for now is being treated as a homicide.

Authorities say Evelyn's mother had described to them what clothes her daughter would be wearing when found. "She was wearing a hot pink jumpsuit with a bow and matching shoes," Boswell said in a television interview last month.

10 days after Evelyn Boswell's remains were found, there are still no homicide charges

The District Attorney still has not released the cause or time of the child's death. But sources tell Newschannel 5 the case for now is being treated as a homicide.

Authorities say Evelyn's mother had described to them what clothes her daughter would be wearing when found. "She was wearing a hot pink jumpsuit with a bow and matching shoes," Boswell said in a television interview last month.

10 days after Evelyn Boswell's remains were found, there are still no homicide charges
Thanks for posting that. We don't know who their "source" is but I think this is a pretty good indication of what we have all been suspecting, that the manner of death was likely homicide.

Imo

Interesting! When I shared that article yesterday, the wording was very different but then I realized it now says:

Posted: 3:21 PM, Mar 16, 2020
Updated: 8:05 PM, Mar 16, 2020

I'm mildly surprised that charges haven't been filed yet. But then, filing the correct charges might be a little problematic?
I think they are still investigating. They might still be interviewing people who may be able to provide important details that will help build their case.
They also may be be waiting for forensics and toxicology reports to come back.

Imo

I'm mildly surprised that charges haven't been filed yet. But then, filing the correct charges might be a little problematic?

The DA announced in court that he's taking the case to a grand jury. If a state decides to do that, it's the grand jury that issues the indictment and charges. Grand Juries only meet once a month or so, so the state has to wait until one is in session and then they present the case and the grand jury issues the charges.

Some states require you to get a grand jury indictment in order to bring capital charges. I didn't see anything to suggest that's the case in TN but it is the case in other states.

I'm interested in the toxicology results. I'm sure baby Evelyn picked something up from either the table or the floor. JMO MB and 1 or 2 others were partaking of drugs. As out of it they were they hadn't realised a small piece of 'whatever' got picked up by tiny fingers.
I would have preferred my first thought though. Sold to a family desperate for a little Princess.

The DA announced in court that he's taking the case to a grand jury. If a state decides to do that, it's the grand jury that issues the indictment and charges. Grand Juries only meet once a month or so, so the state has to wait until one is in session and then they present the case and the grand jury issues the charges.

Some states require you to get a grand jury indictment in order to bring capital charges. I didn't see anything to suggest that's the case in TN but it is the case in other states.
Thank you! That makes sense to me now.

Do you know if court is meeting during the virus? Ours here are cancelled unless it’s an emergency. Maybe this would count as one.

Grand jury is scheduled to hear this in April.

Do you know if court is meeting during the virus? Ours here are cancelled unless it’s an emergency. Maybe this would count as one.

I don’t know about Tennessee but in New York and Chicago I received orders from the Courts suspending most trials and in-person meetings except criminal trials where jeopardy has attached and open grand juries.

Given what’s happening they may have to postpone the April one. Maybe in light of that the DA will just file charges without a Grand Jury. It’s really uncertain right now. I’m sure they wanted the Grand Jury so they could run through all the evidence and get a neutral party to recommend the charges to sanity check themselves that they’re not over or under charging.

And a grand jury indictment.
Yes, we won't know the charges for MB until then, but LE did say they will not release any more information because it is still an active investigation.

They still need to gather evidence to present in court. We still don't know if others are involved or if there will be further charges for them. I'm not sure if that will be a part of the proceedings or not. If there is another arrest we may hear about it before the trial.

Some have speculated that Evelyn may have ingested drugs and died as a result. It could take up to six weeks for the toxicology results to come back, depending on initial results.

I do think there is at least one person who knows more than they are letting on. If there is direct evidence, such as a witness to the crime then that would be the best the prosecution could hope for.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members