Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SCSO: No new developments into case of Evelyn Boswell

[...]
The Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Wednesday there are no new developments into the case of what happened to 15-month old Evelyn Boswell.

Captain Andy Seabolt issued the following statement to News Channel 11 about the case.

“At this time the investigation remains active; therefore, we cannot release any information at this time as it is still ongoing.”

[...]

I don’t know about Tennessee but in New York and Chicago I received orders from the Courts suspending most trials and in-person meetings except criminal trials where jeopardy has attached and open grand juries.

Given what’s happening they may have to postpone the April one. Maybe in light of that the DA will just file charges without a Grand Jury. It’s really uncertain right now. I’m sure they wanted the Grand Jury so they could run through all the evidence and get a neutral party to recommend the charges to sanity check themselves that they’re not over or under charging.

You're licensed in both states, @Alethea? I'm impressed!

Poor Evelyn. Justice delayed for her due to so many forces that weren't or can't be controlled.

You're licensed in both states, @Alethea? I'm impressed!

Poor Evelyn. Justice delayed for her due to so many forces that weren't or can't be controlled.

Full disclosure I practice in New York but I am admitted what’s called “pro hac vice” (“for this case only”) in a bunch of Federal Courts to defend clients in federal cases. If you are admitted in one federal court you can apply to represent clients in others without being admitted to the bar in those states. It’s kind of a “bring your own lawyer” program since many federal cases are litigating federal law that applies in every state.

I do not know if the autopsy is complete. I would rather they dot their Is and cross their Ts prior to charges and trial. jmo
Prosecution said they could not have the case ready for grand jury in March.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they can actually pinpoint date of death? I have seen so many cases where they have used larvae, sorry, and other means. I’m just wondering how close they can come to the actual time of death. We have heard different last seen from different people, I just don’t actually know positively when she was last seen for sure. MOO

It's curious to me that this is still an active investigation. We have a body, we have a completed autopsy, we have a mother who lied to CPS and LE repeatedly...I don't understand the hold up on MB's charges. What am I missing ?
Tox screen IMO. I do wonder if they have a definitive COD and TOD? With MB's ever changing timeline/lies, they're probably having heck trying to pinpoint it.

How sad is it that this little baby was so unaccounted for? :(

Does anyone know if they can actually pinpoint date of death? I have seen so many cases where they have used larvae, sorry, and other means. I’m just wondering how close they can come to the actual time of death. We have heard different last seen from different people, I just don’t actually know positively when she was last seen for sure. MOO
I have read that it's difficult to determine the time of death even when a person has been found within a few days of dying.
Considering the amount of time Evelyn's body was left to decompose in this case and without knowing how long she was alive after the babysitter last saw her on the 11th or 12th, I'm not sure if they can determine the exact day.
Only MB or someone who knows what happened would be able to say what day she died.
I'm guessing it was sometime between the middle and end of December.

If there was insect activity, then yes, I would think it would be easier to determine. I guess it depends on what the body was contained in or if it was exposed to the elements.

Imo

It's curious to me that this is still an active investigation. We have a body, we have a completed autopsy, we have a mother who lied to CPS and LE repeatedly...I don't understand the hold up on MB's charges. What am I missing ?
I believe LE is getting their ducks in a row. Remember, once they indict, the clock starts ticking and they have a certain amount of time to go to trial.
Maggie isn’t going anywhere, no one will bail her out. She’s a leper now, no one wants to be associated with her. Now is the best time for LE to go slow and methodical collecting evidence for their case.

Christy Broome was very early on identified as the one who had her arm around MB while they were in the cemetery. They were at Christy's daughter's grave. I guess she's seen the light since then, after spending time with MB at her own home and witnessing these events and conversations.
This early on was cited by MSM, but I cannot go all the way back to find the source. Therefore, mods, delete this if necessary.

Not sure what is going on, but suddenly I don't see any quote button. Also, to like a post now, I'm being sent to another page to verify that I do, indeed, want to like a post.
Is this happening to anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members