Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Tennessee Dept. of Corrections, Mr Fields was released from prison in 2018. Here's the particulars:

Larry Chad Fields

Birth Date: 01/06/1983

TDOC ID: 00396447

Combined Sentence(s) Length: 10 Yrs 0 Mths 0 Days

Sentence End Date: 12/31/2018

There's a photo of a younger and much healthier looking Fields at this link. Just enter his TDOC ID:

FOIL - Offender Search
Sorry maybe I missed it, what crime landed him in prison?

I agree with no sympathy.
But empathy is just who I am, like breathing it just is.
Sometimes expressing empathy leads to awkward responses.
It does tend to lead to good conversations with the open mined, though.
I do not excuse MB, I just see her a little different. Believe me, when I say, I want her punished to the fullest extent.

Thank you for listening.

Imo many people do not know or understand that there is a difference between sympathy and empathy. Which then riles people as they assume people have sympathy for a murderer. Bizarre imo.

I still have empathy for MB for many reasons. She will pay for whatever can be proven she did to EB and rightly so. Pretty plain and simple imo.

Imo many people do not know or understand that there is a difference between sympathy and empathy. Which then riles people as they assume people have sympathy for a murderer. Bizarre imo.

I still have empathy for MB for many reasons. She will pay for whatever can be proven she did to EB and rightly so. Pretty plain and simple imo.

Many know the difference between the two, but have a hard time understanding how anyone can feel empathy for a person who murders a child.

Last edited:
Here is what I know from various articles previously posted -

MB knows all about violence to some degree on her father's side. MB's father gave her a car and a place to live, at 18 years old or less, away from his home and guidance. Not what I would have done fwiw. This was less than valiant on TB's part imo.

MB was raised in part, or a lot, by a drug addicted mother who has also proven herself to be a thief to get what she wants and needs. Including during what should be a mourning period for her granddaughter.

In DJ's first interview with the press (MB's maternal grandfather) he threw MB under the bus and for sometime afterward protected MB's mother as a saint or near enough to one. Not what I would have done.

I don't need much more info than that to start - MB's life clearly sucked within her family environment.

MB had no idea what to do at any given point in her life so far imo. Including when she likely caused the death of her daughter.

Jmo.

another recap. Something happened and I don't think it was from lack of love from her mother.
“I’m not the best mom in the world, but I try so hard for this little beauty. I can’t even explain the love I feel for her, and i know she loves me too. Lately my lifes been really sucky but she’ll come reach for me and say ‘mom mom’ and my heart melts and I’m reminded of her unconditional love.”
She continued, “You can say whatever you want about me being a young mom, but I promise you my life is so much better with this angel. My life wasnt ruined when I had her, she gave me a purpose and a reason to wake up everyday and to better myself. Theres no love like the love from your child!”

Evelyn was born on November 21, 2018.

Megan Boswell, Mother of Evelyn Boswell: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com
It has always bugged the hell out of me that MB needed the direct response of EB as validation to *try* to be a good mother. EB is a baby! She didn't know that certain actions are needed from her to coddle MB's fragile ego. Did EB have a bad day and MB's feelings got hurt so she had to be extinguished?

Seems to be a vicious circle, doesn't it.
AB gave birth to her first child at 16 and went to live with what seems to be a violent man. Wonder what kind of guidance she had.
Also what kind of an upbringing TS had while he was growing up, what kind of guidance he had?
Seems as though if empathy is going be given it has to go down the line.
Big difference with all the dysfunction going on in these family's there seems to only one person that lost her life an innocent baby, I give empathy to none of them.

Seems to be a vicious circle, doesn't it.
AB gave birth to her first child at 16 and went to live with what seems to be a violent man. Wonder what kind of guidance she had.
Also what kind of an upbringing TS had while he was growing up, what kind of guidance he had?
Seems as though if empathy is going be given it has to go down the line.
Big difference with all the dysfunction going on in these family's there seems to only one person that lost her life an innocent baby, I give empathy to none of them.

That family desperately needed a hero, someone to step up and break the cycle. The only thing empathy and sympathy did in this group was continue the cycle. Almost like an excuse to be rotten and disappointing and generations later resulted in murder of an innocent baby who may have grown up to be the hero this family has been lacking. I grew up, and I'm sure I'm not on my own with this, in a very dysfunctional family. My sister is the hero and while I've tried my best, I am not even half as bad as my upbringing and would NEVER hurt another human being. The males in my family did not fair as well, slowly weaving their way through the justice system because of their bad deeds. I feel a small amount of empathy for them but in the end they are responsible for their own actions. I can not for the life of me figure out how they would want to hurt someone the way they have been hurt. IMO their, and my, upbringing is EVERY reason why we need to be better and more should be expected of us.

Many know the difference between the two, but have a hard time understanding how anyone can feel empathy for a person who murders a child.
Empathy is about understanding human behavior.
Investigators often need to use empathy in order to solve crimes. They need to put themselves in the suspect's shoes, or get inside the mind of a criminal in order to make predictions or to explain behavior.
It can help to explain motive.

There is usually some type of emotion behind a crime of violence such as anger, jealousy, fear, etc. Not that this is what happened in this case but usually there is some reason, whether it is logical or not.

Sympathy is the act of sharing feelings of another, or relating to those feelings.

Empathy is insight or awareness of another's feelings without "sharing" those emotions.

Imo

Sorry to step into what has been a long conversation about sympathy/empathy for Baby Evelyn's mother.

It's important to remember that regardless of her upbringing, if she is mentally healthy enough to hide the crime, knowing it was wrong, then the two things our justice system offers - punishment for the perpetrator and protection for future victims - must come into play.

If she's deemed mentally ill that's a whole other thing and an institution to treat her would be in order.

We can feel sad for the circumstances of her upbringing while realizing that many of us grow up with criminals running the show and we don't repeat their crimes. If she's not mentally ill and she killed that baby, she's responsible and must pay. It seems so simple.

Sorry to step into what has been a long conversation about sympathy/empathy for Baby Evelyn's mother.

It's important to remember that regardless of her upbringing, if she is mentally healthy enough to hide the crime, knowing it was wrong, then the two things our justice system offers - punishment for the perpetrator and protection for future victims - must come into play.

If she's deemed mentally ill that's a whole other thing and an institution to treat her would be in order.

We can feel sad for the circumstances of her upbringing while realizing that many of us grow up with criminals running the show and we don't repeat their crimes. If she's not mentally ill and she killed that baby, she's responsible and must pay. It seems so simple.

Agreed! Unfortunately there are a large number of individuals that grow up in this very country with just brutal upbringings. The vast majority of them don't go on to kill their children. Sure I wish MB didn't have to suffer what she did while growing up in a terrible situation. But that doesn't take away the fact that she was responsible for an innocent human life and it sure the hell doesn't mean she didn't know the difference between right and wrong! It's sad, its tragic: but there are still consequences and she was well aware of them IMO. She lied knowing that what she had done was wrong. Empathy/sympathy for the acts that MB committed on a defenseless innocent child......well I have none

Yes, of course. If she killed the baby she is responsible, whether she is mentally disordered or not. She will still serve time in prison.
I don't think her upbringing will end up making a difference, either.
Neither one can be used as a defense. I don't think anyone has suggested that.

Here is what I know from various articles previously posted -

MB knows all about violence to some degree on her father's side. MB's father gave her a car and a place to live, at 18 years old or less, away from his home and guidance. Not what I would have done fwiw. This was less than valiant on TB's part imo.

MB was raised in part, or a lot, by a drug addicted mother who has also proven herself to be a thief to get what she wants and needs. Including during what should be a mourning period for her granddaughter.

In DJ's first interview with the press (MB's maternal grandfather) he threw MB under the bus and for sometime afterward protected MB's mother as a saint or near enough to one. Not what I would have done.

I don't need much more info than that to start - MB's life clearly sucked within her family environment.

MB had no idea what to do at any given point in her life so far imo. Including when she likely caused the death of her daughter.

Jmo.
Hear, hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members