TN - Five killed in shootings at 2 US military centers, Chattanooga, 16 July 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not a gun guy AT ALL. I am still shocked that there are actually signs that say "gun free zone". Lol, seems so silly to me. (Yup, Canadian here)

BUT, what is even more silly is the idea that the US ARMED forces are not armed. Then you see joe blow with probably a grade 6 education hanging out by the recruiting office with a damn gun on his hip. That my friends is *advertiser censored* backwards. I don't get it.

Signs saying "gun free zone" is an invitation for criminals to kill people without fear of being stopped.

It shouldn't be up to civilians to defend the military. That being said, if push comes to shove, why not?

JMO

I'm not a gun guy AT ALL. I am still shocked that there are actually signs that say "gun free zone". Lol, seems so silly to me. (Yup, Canadian here)

BUT, what is even more silly is the idea that the US ARMED forces are not armed. Then you see joe blow with probably a grade 6 education hanging out by the recruiting office with a damn gun on his hip. That my friends is *advertiser censored* backwards. I don't get it.

ITA!
It is azz backwards, but if our government will not allow them to protect themselves then I'm glad someone has the balls to want to protect them.
OMG what has our country come to?
It just breaks my heart!

ITA!
It is azz backwards, but if our government will not allow them to protect themselves then I'm glad someone has the balls to want to protect them.
OMG what has our country come to?
It just breaks my heart!

There's really no reason to blame the government. It was the military itself that drafted the regulations about weapons on bases. It wasn't a presidential decree or anything. And for what it's worth, the policy was created by the DoD during Bush's tenure, with the stipulation that it would be implemented 120 days later. So I don't think there's any point in blaming any politician or political party for this. It was a decision that the military itself made -- politics and 'the government' are not responsible.

There's really no reason to blame the government. It was the military itself that drafted the regulations about weapons on bases. It wasn't a presidential decree or anything. And for what it's worth, the policy was created by the DoD during Bush's tenure, with the stipulation that it would be implemented 120 days later. So I don't think there's any point in blaming any politician or political party for this. It was a decision that the military itself made -- politics and 'the government' are not responsible.

Of course it's the governments fault that the armed forces are not armed. In the United States the military is controlled by the government so policy about whether they can be armed at stateside bases falls on the government. JMO

I think the main problem is that the military or no one else seems to 'get it' that the Islamic extremist just really, really hate us & will do anything to hurt us. I absolutely do not understand why the military & politicians can't seem to grasp that concept. duhhhhhhh!

As we have been told "I have a pen and I have a phone"
At any time it could have been and should have been changed.
Yes I do blame the goverment.

RIP Cpl. Nathan Cirillo.

Tennessee rampage suspect went to Qatar in 2014: sources

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/20/us-usa-tennessee-shooting-idUSKCN0PU1SY20150720

The man suspected of killing five members of the U.S. military in Tennessee last week was in Qatar at least once during a 2014 trip to the Middle East, according to two U.S. government sources who said reasons for the stopover were still unknown.

On a seven-month trip to visit family in Jordan, it is uncertain how long he may have spent in the Qatari capital, a political crossroads in the region. Qatar is home to jihadist supporters as well as a U.S. air base.

Abdulazeez apparently did not use a laptop but could have read jihadist propaganda on his smart phone, the sources close to the investigation and a second source told Reuters.

Abdulazeez returned from a trip to Jordan in 2014 concerned about conflicts in the Middle East and the reluctance of the United States and other countries to intervene, according to two friends who had known him since elementary school.

This is happening right now on the street I live on, but I don't live in this apartment complex. I'm in a different complex. Interestingly, if you followed the Gail Palmgren case, you may remember this apartment complex was a place of interest as Gail's mother in law lived there. Obviously, the cases are not connected. I just found it interesting that 2 different cases I followed on websleuths had this apartment complex come up.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/to...plex-at-mountain-creek-apartments-18851.shtml

They were sitting ducks.

Yes, and massacred in cold blood by a Radical Muslim Extremist, who are people that have nothing but hate in their hearts and souls for anything and anyone that doesn't share their beliefs.

link:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-confirmed-tennessee-navy/story?id=32494050

Then he got in a car and drove to a military facility housing a Naval Operational Support Center and Marine Reserve Center where he ran his car through a security gate, entered the building and killed four Marines, officials said. The complex contains facilities for the Navy and Marine Corps Reserve including their armory.
=======================================================================

The dead Marines worked in the Armory and in the Marine Reserve Center, doing paperwork. They were not in any combat activity. They were unarmed and totally vulnerable.

From the msm website DailyMail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bama-s-tip-toe-efforts-against-terrorism.html

Conservative anchor, 22, becomes viral star with passionate rant against Obama: Heated speech about President's 'half-baked' ISIS policy is viewed nearly one million times... and counting

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-efforts-against-terrorism.html#ixzz3gVkcx6Qn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Make sure to view the video!! Tomi Lahren is AMAZING and she is not afraid to tell it like it is! (not like some people / websites)

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2015/jul/21/abdulazeez-lived-two-lives/315648/

Answers elusive as different sides of Mohammad Abdulazeez's life emerge

The windy road to Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez's Hixson home is peppered with churches and subdivisions.

In Colonial Shores, where Abdulazeez once played with the neighborhood children, American flags hang above neatly manicured gardens. It's the kind of place where teenage boys get paid cash to run lawnmowers in the heat and retirees wave at drivers while they tend to their tomatoes.

And, by all accounts, Abdulazeez and his family fit in here.
<snipped - read more>

Chattanooga Shooter Mohammod Abdulazeez Followed Al Qaeda Cleric Online in 2013

http://abcnews.go.com/US/chattanoog...zeez-al-qaeda-cleric-online/story?id=32585636

Video tapes of Anwar al-Awlaki, the high-profile American al Qaeda cleric and recruiter, have circulated on the internet and have been popular in jihadist circles long after al-Awlaki's death by American drone strike in September 2011.

But there is no evidence so far that Mohammod Abdulazeez, 24 -- whose family insists he was deeply troubled and mentally ill -- was inspired by or directed by ISIS to carry out a bloody attack on U.S. military targets of the sort the Syria and Iraq-based terror group has publicly called for over the past year, the officials said. Al-Awlaki was a high-profile member of al Qaeda, from which ISIS -- once an al Qaeda affiliate in Iraq -- publicly split in recent years.

bbm Does one have to be a follower of isis to be a terrorist?

Jul 21 2015, 7:44 am ET

Chattanooga Shootings: FBI Searches Apartment of Abdulazeez's Friends

by Alastair Jamieson, Robert Dembo and Miguel Almaguer

FBI agents searched a Tennessee apartment as investigators tried to determine whether at least two acquaintances of Chattanooga shooter Mohammad Abdulazeez knew of his intentions in the months leading up to the deadly gun attacks.

Officers converged on the Mountain Creek Apartments complex in Red Bank, north of Chattanooga, on Monday afternoon...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ch...earches-apartment-abdulazeezs-friends-n395616

This from the link you provided

An easy way to remember when to fly the United States flag at half-staff is to consider when the whole nation is in mourning.

That right there should qualify it!

I'd LOVE to hear the Obama Administration's *reasoning* as to WHY they didn't.
Is anyone from the admin on record as to why they elected not to?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostFromThePast
Back