TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO this guy is just trying to get some publicity. He provides NOTHING to connect these cases except to say all the missing women he highlights are blonde and there is a SO who has not been seen in a couple years who has lived in the general region of the highlighted missing women. This is very dangerous IMO and honestly, I believe this guy is discrediting himself every time he speaks. In his interview the other day, he roughly states that because LE has not solved any of these cases and there is little public info available, that there is a good chance they are connected. Also, writing in complete and coherent sentences is always helpful when trying to communicate a point, his blog is difficult to read.
When you take a hard look at these cases individually, the chances of a connection between two of them is .0000000001%, let alone connecting all five. This guy is trying to connect all five by using a random Sex offender who has no apparent connections to these women. Let's do a quick breakdown to see where a connection could be made, I will focus more on what is known about how and when they disappeared.
Holly Bobo- Was supposedly last seen by her brother walking away from her home with camo man toward the woods at aprox 8AM.
Lauren Spierer- Was supposedly last seen leaving a friend's apartment at 430AM walking back to her apartment with no keys, shoes or phone.
Karen Swift- Was last seen putting her daughter to bed at home around 130AM, her vehicle was later found 1/2 a mile from their home with a flat tire. Somebody tried to use the internet on her phone around 5 AM that morning.
Katelyn Markham- Was last seen at her home around midnight by her boyfriend, she also sent him a picture text later that night. She has not been seen since and her purse, car and keys were home, her cellphone was the only thing missing with her.
Paige Johnson- Was last seen in the late hours of the night when she was driving with a male friend who claims that he dropped her off about 1/2 mile from where she was going. About two hours after being dropped off, her sister received a facebook message stating that Paige needed to talk to her immediately. Several hours later the male friend she was last with was asking if anybody had seen her on facebook. As time has passed, the male friend's story does not seem to add up, supposedly cell phone pings put him in a different location than where he said he was and also search warrants show there were latex gloves with a substance on them that resembled dried blood in his home, also a witness claims he was scrubbing his vehicle after the police search. Right now he is currently behind bars for a parole violation.

If you notice, all of these disappearances happened at or in very close proximity to where the victim lived, except for Paige Johnson. When you combine this with the idea that EACH of these cases has either a very sketchy story of what happened, or one of the last people to see them have suspect stories/alibis, it really shrinks the chances of a total stranger being responsible for all of the disappearances.
The bottom line is that a stranger would have to be at the right place and time for these cases, have means, motive and opportunity for them all and need the dumb luck for all LE agencies involved to be completely inept, the story to get mangled and cause a lot of confusion and to have a sketchy person in these people's lives that make LE look at them, rather than look for serial abductor possibilities.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Good job Frogzilla! The odds are greatly in favor that whomever got Holly Bobo was intimate with her daily schedule. Serial killers do not hang around strange houses with binoculars taking notes. Serial killers operate upon situational opportunity. Their only "research" consists of an MO which they trust will work for them. The Holly Bobo case reeks of familiarity, someone KNEW when she was leaving the house and was waiting for her.

Whoah! :waitasec: I have no idea what is going on here. I was told the garage was converted to a family room and no longer functions as a garage.

I have asked this question many many times...and have said they must have been inside but was told "NO"...that there is a carport attached to the house in the back.

Both the remodeled room and the carport are attached to the kitchen. So was the intruder INSIDE the house or OUTSIDE in the carport. A carport doesn't have walls. I was informed that Clint just "speaks" like that when he called it a "garage".

Clint said "outside". Why won't this family speak? They raise lots of money but they don't take to the airwaves to clarify or talk about Holly. Other families have been criticized for not speaking out but it seems the Bobos always get a pass.

BBM:
I must have missed this somewhere. Please provide a link for the Bobo's 'raising lots of money'? TIA.

I posted this stuff before but it might be useful again...

I believe this photo of Holly was taken behind her house on the small deck area. By comparing this photos to other photos of the back of the house that show some landscaping and other details (none are super clear) I think the wooden wall or divider behind Holly blocks off one side of the carport or at least the carport is behind this.

HollyBobowooddeck.jpg

This is NOT Holly's house but I imagine the back of the Bobo house looks somewhat like this in that there is an open air but covered carport. I think there is a wood wall or divider on the left side of the Bobo carport (see above photo)

carport2.jpg

I had drawn this layout based on aerial photos of the house and filled in what I think is a possible interior arrangement based on houses and garages in general.

Bobofloorplan.jpg

1) carport
2) door from "garage" to carport. There may be a second door directly above this, off the kitchen, leading to the small deck area.
3) front door to the house
4) second door to the house that does not seem to be a main door based on photos
5) above ground pool
6) driveway to Swan Johnson road. You can see where it curves into what would have been the old garage doors now removed.
7) the old garage. i do not know exactly how the inside of the house is arranged but typically the garage would still be separated from the house
8) kitchen? area with window? This makes sense as the kitchen windows do not seem to be in the front of the house. And if Clint saw Holly and the Suspect in the house and then looked out a window and saw them walking northish (toward the top of my drawing) this is a logical place for him to have looked out. You can not see over the pool either.
9) just some inside space since we dont know what the house is like inside. the dashed lines could be walls. I assume the garage is still separated on the inside of the house from the living area.

I forget what A, B and C mean right now.

This is the Bobo house...

housefromhelicopternorth.jpg

You can see the covered deck area in back where I think the photo of Holly was taken. The shed structure away from the house is NOT the carport. The carport seems to be the pitched roof area extending off the back of the house on the extreme left. Note two standing people by the pool edge. There is a white news truck at the top of the driveway. The family seems to park behind the house. Trees block the view here but there is an unpaved drive going around the north end, around the pool, to the carport.

Ok, it's early and I'm only on my 2nd cup of coffee. So the carport is attached to the back of the house and there is a door from this carport going into the garage/living area/den/family room/whatever. Got it.

I need another cup of coffee.

Whoah! :waitasec: I have no idea what is going on here. I was told the garage was converted to a family room and no longer functions as a garage.

I have asked this question many many times...and have said they must have been inside but was told "NO"...that there is a carport attached to the house in the back.

Both the remodeled room and the carport are attached to the kitchen. So was the intruder INSIDE the house or OUTSIDE in the carport. A carport doesn't have walls. I was informed that Clint just "speaks" like that when he called it a "garage".

Clint said "outside". Why won't this family speak? They raise lots of money but they don't take to the airwaves to clarify or talk about Holly. Other families have been criticized for not speaking out but it seems the Bobos always get a pass.

That was my understanding too, that the garage was converted into a family room and was no longer used as a garage. Typically in houses built within the last 30 years, the garage is attached to the house with a door going into the kitchen or dining area. When Clint referred to the garage, many of us believed he was talking about the carport behind the house. My guess is that there was a door leading from the carport into the converted garage/family room. Makes more sense to me.

...hmm. This is what I originally believed but everyone corrected me.

This puts the person inside the house, not outdoors. There is no garage door. This means he walked in or was invited inside. The Bobos had stated they never locked their doors or cars prior to this.

Does CB have a learning disability? He was asked specifically if they were outside the house and he said "Outside in the garage"..."I watched them from the kitchen window".

If an intruder, then this was a home invasion; if not, then Holly knew the person...and it was likely Drew. This person was wearing Camo. I did a little research. I bet these guys down there have more than one set of camo. There is camo for turkey hunting....and it is specific, very specific. Clint would be able to identify it easily. He knows exactly what the perp was wearing and it was said turkey camo. If you google it, you will see how identifiable it really is.

<mod snip>

Well, either they were outside, or in the garage... can't be both if the garage was turned into an extra room. If he says he saw them from the kitchen window, that indicates outside to me, more specifically the carport.

Carports can be built with one or two sides closed in. I've seen many homes with an attached carport, the front and one side being open, the back having an enclosed storage area or utility room and the opposite side being the outside wall of the house. Many people call them a garage.

Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle
they were in the garage not the carport. the carport is open and outside. the garage is enclosed and "inside"

respectfully snipped

This is correct. Clint clarified that they were in the room that had been converted from a garage into a room. He said that he still calls it "the garage."
&#12288;
BBM

Just jumping off this because it has been driving me crazy too. Clint also stated that the blood was "under where they were kneeling" and the blood was reported to have been found outside in the carport by her car. Clint even said something along the lines of "when I went outside I saw the blood" and he also said "I watched them from the kitchen window" and something along the lines of "They were outside, I was inside". So if this is the case, then they would have had to have been both kneeling in the what was once a garage and also again in the carport, because there was never any blood reported to be found inside the once garage now living space. I personally always thought he was referring to the carport all along and they were never inside the house or the once garage. Others seem to feel strongly the other way, but if you add it all up, it doesn't.

Ok, it's early and I'm only on my 2nd cup of coffee. So the carport is attached to the back of the house and there is a door from this carport going into the garage/living area/den/family room/whatever. Got it.

I need another cup of coffee.

BBM

I don't think we know for certain there is a door from the carport to the once garage. The layout of the interior of the house has never been reported that I'm aware of. All we know for certain is the garage is no longer a "garage" and it and the carport are both connected to the house, and photos confirm this.

Where is Drew and why have we never heard or anyone report anything about him?
Why has he not spoken out about his GF being abducted?
Why didn't Clint go Turkey Hunting with Drew on opening day?
Why was Clint home if not to go hunting?
Why didn't they all hunt on Holly's property like usual
Why did Drew find it necessary to call Holly about his confrontation that morning?
Why did Holly find it necessary to call her mother about Drew's confrontation?

......afterall, the confrontation was resolved right away, why all the panic? Why all the calls? Karen Bobo was sure busy with her cell phone that morning....yet she leaves it behind at the school...

.....:waiting:...on Drew..
BBM

It was not opening day, this has been clarified several times in previous posts.

:pullhair::maddening::maddening::maddening:

I sooo want to stop following this case.
IMO LE and the family are waiting something out, they are not looking for Holly. I check this thread everyday, not to sleuth, but to see a post that it is over: she has been found or was in protective custody. I don't expect to be seeing posts about clues or updates from the family.
I admire the patience of the posters on this thread who are still trying to help. If anyone can squeeze water from a rock it will be all of you.

This puts the person inside the house, not outdoors. There is no garage door. This means he walked in or was invited inside. The Bobos had stated they never locked their doors or cars prior to this.

Does CB have a learning disability? He was asked specifically if they were outside the house and he said "Outside in the garage"..."I watched them from the kitchen window".

If an intruder, then this was a home invasion; if not, then Holly knew the person...and it was likely Drew. This person was wearing Camo. I did a little research. I bet these guys down there have more than one set of camo. There is camo for turkey hunting....and it is specific, very specific. Clint would be able to identify it easily. He knows exactly what the perp was wearing and it was said turkey camo. If you google it, you will see how identifiable it really is.

<mod snip>

I understand. You remember the head spin on "The Exorcist"? That's what it does to me.

When I get frustrated, it helps me when I remember that people who are grieving the disappearance of a loved one, will not act and react in the same manner that other people would, they will not act normal, because their life is not normal right now. And many times family physicians have prescribed.... and rightly so.

On the camo - it's everyday clothing here for a lot of people. You can even get it in jammies. And pretty much anyone who has any, has a lot of it.

IMO LE and the family are waiting something out, they are not looking for Holly. I check this thread everyday, not to sleuth, but to see a post that it is over: she has been found or was in protective custody. I don't expect to be seeing posts about clues or updates from the family.
I admire the patience of the posters on this thread who are still trying to help. If anyone can squeeze water from a rock it will be all of you.

But......Dana and Clint said they still search every day.
I

I hear you. A lot of news articles are disappearing. Saw one from the Jackson Sun which had the most recent timeline and poof, it's gone. I googled this morning for Holly Bobo updates (like I always do with all the cases I follow) and although her name shows up bolded in black, when you go to the link nothing shows up. There was one that brought me to a child custody site? :crazy:

I agree with those who believe both the family and LE want this case to fade. IMO, Holly either ran off on her own or something unfortunate happened that the family wants to hide.

<mod snip>

In the JVM interview when Clint describes the Garage and looking into the Garage and the Garage being attached to the house he makes no mention of a window or looking out a window at anything. At some point later Clint looked out a (kitchen??) window and saw Holly and the suspect walking away. He did not look out a window into the garage.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Good job Frogzilla! The odds are greatly in favor that whomever got Holly Bobo was intimate with her daily schedule. Serial killers do not hang around strange houses with binoculars taking notes. Serial killers operate upon situational opportunity. Their only "research" consists of an MO which they trust will work for them. The Holly Bobo case reeks of familiarity, someone KNEW when she was leaving the house and was waiting for her.

That may be true but you could figure this out fairly easily if you were local. With what, 2000-3000 people here you could find out Holly's mom was a teacher and went to work every morning, her dad went off to the tree company, etc. I don't think the person who did this spent months planning it. Some prep yes. I do not necessarily think this is a serial killer but more like one of the infatuation type assaults.

IMO LE and the family are waiting something out, they are not looking for Holly.

According to LE this is an active case. The family continues to look for Holly every day. Clint dropped out of school to help search and Karen quit her job... So its not like they aren't doing anything

According to LE this is an active case. The family continues to look for Holly every day. Clint dropped out of school to help search and Karen quit her job... So its not like they aren't doing anything

IMO, putting up flyers isn't considered searching and doesn't take someone to quit school to do so. Dad didn't quit his job. Why did Clint quit school? He could've put up flyers after school, weekends. What about his buddies? Are they helping him?

How about the community? Selling tshirts, cookies? How is that going? Did they gather enough money yet to do a REAL search?

Let's pray.

That may be true but you could figure this out fairly easily if you were local. With what, 2000-3000 people here you could find out Holly's mom was a teacher and went to work every morning, her dad went off to the tree company, etc. I don't think the person who did this spent months planning it. Some prep yes. I do not necessarily think this is a serial killer but more like one of the infatuation type assaults.
I have often thought that the possible planning of this crime is 2 sides of the same coin. One is familiarity with the coming and goings of the Bobo household, including when HB would typically leave for school and two was a familiarity to the surrounding area, forest and roads. IMO moving toward the woods was the abductor's plan all along, regardless if they spent 3 minutes or 3 hours in the woods.
You used the phrase infatuation type assault, I believe that to be very accurate. In going with what MR. Noatak said, I completely agree that a random predator type would not continually stalk their victim unless they were completely infatuated with someone and HB being abducted from her home in the middle of nowhere really cuts down on the odds of a roving predator type.
In regards to how well planned this crime was, I actually think it was a simple plan that allowed the abductor to minimize their risks before the abduction, somebody who would be comfortable dressing up as a hunter and hanging around somebody else's property, somebody who would be comfortable in those specific woods and trails around the Bobo home. Also, the abductor had to make HB disappear from the immediate area in a small time frame. It also seems that the abductor would not have a usual alibi such as work/school to rely on between 7-9AM on a Wednesday morning. It isn't out of the realm of possibility some people's alibi do not match up well, especially when you consider that CB was home and may have altered the abductor plans.
One last thing to toss out there, I have often thought that the timing of the Coon Hunt (which HB was supposedly at) days before the abduction seems like something a local may try to use, adding more possibilities into the mix, much the same was as possibly using the woods to escape, it becomes much harder to track somebody when they have multiple routes to take.

IMO, putting up flyers isn't considered searching and doesn't take someone to quit school to do so. Dad didn't quit his job. Why did Clint quit school? He could've put up flyers after school, weekends. What about his buddies? Are they helping him?

How about the community? Selling tshirts, cookies? How is that going? Did they gather enough money yet to do a REAL search?

Let's pray.

they have also said they go around the woods and Karen is the one that got the paraglider people to search.

I hear you. A lot of news articles are disappearing. Saw one from the Jackson Sun which had the most recent timeline and poof, it's gone. I googled this morning for Holly Bobo updates (like I always do with all the cases I follow) and although her name shows up bolded in black, when you go to the link nothing shows up.

respectfully snipped

I have the "Final hours with Holly: Family, friends, police reconstruct time before Holly Bobo's abduction" article if anyone wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme