Found Safe TN - Katharine & Robert Baskin, Murfreesboro, 1 March 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been over to the Murfreesboro article again. Blueraider1's presentation of the other side of the story has been deleted! :silenced: Well, that says a lot! I wonder who deleted it? I doubt it was blueraider1 who removed it so it must have been the murfreesboro paper. Blueraider1's statement must have been a pack of lies; :liar: that's the only thing I can think of to warrant such action. If that is the case, then there is no "other side of the story" - at least, not one which bears up to scrutiny. Certainly blueraider1's version of things left several things unexplained, such as why the Maples did nothing to remove Michael from alleged abuse, the social workers, mental health workers and attorneys whom the Maples accused of abusing the children as well, and the increasingly bizarre and unbelievable stories the children told.

Who knows...mysterious! I honestly doubt the allegations of child abuse. The court found nothing, but they did find the Maples to be suspicious, like they were coaching Bobby. I think the judge that gave them custody (with no proof and not even talking to the Baskins) was asked to step down, or he left the bench on his own...something. I'm not sure, but someone on this thread probably knows. I don't think he's a judge any longer, though.

I think the judge that gave them custody (with no proof and not even talking to the Baskins) was asked to step down, or he left the bench on his own...something. I'm not sure, but someone on this thread probably knows. I don't think he's a judge any longer, though.

A contact at the Baskin segment on YouTube told me that Judge Corlew (that's his name) was removed from the bench and sanctioned after the Baskins lodged a grievance against him. He went into private law. I commented on this earlier, but here it is again.

On the UM thread someone commented that Judge Corlew violated the Baskins' parental rights by revoking their rights to Bobby and Christie and giving interim custody to the Maples - without the Baskins being present, legally represented or even being told about it! On the UM segment he expressed no regrets although it was not only the wrong decision but violated the Baskins' parental rights.

But I bet Corlew curses the day he ever heard the names Marvin and Sandra Maple and their allegations against the Baskins!

I was thinking back to what blueraider1 said about Baskin Snr sexually abusing Bobby. I don't know if Baskin Snr was accused of abusing the children as well; there is no reference to it in the online newspaper articles or the TV segments on the case. The only other mention I have seen comes from the Maple relative, "Dipahead", who corresponded on our old UM thread. She started corresponding about here:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...145144&page=12

According to Dipahead, Debbie was not accused of molesting the children; Mark Baskin and Baskin Snr were. Apparently they were supposed to have done something to Bobby at the hotel where the Baskins were staying at the time. I don't know whether this was "the vaseline incident" or not.

Which is rather at odds with what blueraider1 said. According to blueraider1, Mark Baskin filed charges against his father for molesting Bobby but these collapsed when evidence disappeared. Afterward the children were supposed to have told their Maple grandparents that not only Grandpa Baskin was molesting them but their parents were as well.

Now who ever heard of a parent file charges against someone for molesting their child - and then go in cahoots with them for molesting the same child???

If no allegations of child molesting were ever made against Baskin Snr, it sounds suspiciously like there are people out there who are malicious towards him. In my view, this blueraider1 is either a nasty hoaxer, one of the Maple relatives, or someone bearing malice against Baskin Snr or the Baskin family for reasons which may or may not be related to this case - and he/she is one great big: :liar:. Come to think of it, he/she didn't mention how he/she was supposed to know all this or what connections he/she had to the Maples or Baskins. So we have no idea where he/she was coming from.

How has all of this affected the Baskins' relationship with Debbie's family? I know during the UM interview, she starts to say something, stops, then says, "I don't have a family anymore" (or something along those lines). Does the Maple family side with the grandparents, causing a rift between Debbie and her siblings?

How has all of this affected the Baskins' relationship with Debbie's family? I know during the UM interview, she starts to say something, stops, then says, "I don't have a family anymore" (or something along those lines). Does the Maple family side with the grandparents, causing a rift between Debbie and her siblings?

I'm afraid so. If you explore the link I have provided to the UM thread you will see for yourself.

And in case you are wondering - the Maple family won't respond to our queries as to what concerns they have about Michael, whether he was being abused and why the grandparents didn't do anything about him as well.

The Murfreesboro Post has kindly informed me that Mark Baskin told them that DCS did interview Michael and ruled out the possibility that he was being abused as well. :)

The Murfreesboro Post has kindly informed me that Mark Baskin told them that DCS did interview Michael and ruled out the possibility that he was being abused as well. :)

That's good to know, the only rationalization that one poster from the Maple side of the family gave for not saving Michael too, was that he was living in another state at the time. Which he was.

And I still wonder, how if you are such horrible child abusers do you then get to be foster parents and adopt a child? And they are both teachers. Mark having held many positions. They have made this public from nearly the very beginning, putting it all out there to national media (U.M.) and have not hidden the fact that they were accused of horrible things. Which cannot have been easy, because there are always going to be people who doubt. They have probably had to be upfront about what happened to every employer they have since had, so that it doesn't come out later when some parent or student catches a re-run of U.M. That must be very hard to do.

They have probably had to be upfront about what happened to every employer they have since had, so that it doesn't come out later when some parent or student catches a re-run of U.M. That must be very hard to do.

The Baskins probably have to carry a letter or reference from the Murfreesboro police saying they were cleared and show it to every employer. This would help with employers, but whether it would fully silence any rumours could well be another matter. Judging from the feedback on the online articles there are people who automatically assume the Baskins are guilty as soon as they hear the words "child abuse" and take no notice of the words which say the charges were proved groundless. The Baskins must have experienced this personally and must get some trouble from idiots who automatically assume they are child molesters.

I just read on sitcomsonline.com that Marvin Maples has been found and arrested! The children have also been found alive and well as adults!

No official news reports as yet, but the sitcoms have confirmed it: the case is solved!:clap:

Marvin Maple has been arrested in San Jose and is being extradited back to Tennessee! He's probably wishing he'd died of that stroke he had a few years back. :behindbar

Bobby and Christi have been found alive. Bobby is married and Christi has a nursing degree. No word as yet regarding their reactions or whether they want to see their parents.

Sandra Maple is believed to be dead. Bet Marvin wishes he was as well.

And I have been absolutely elated since I heard the news! :woohoo:

Hurry up, press, and give us some details! :D

APPARENTLY SOME TRUTH TO THIS? I was skeptical at first however:

http://eservices.sccgov.org/ovr/find_inmate.do

A man matching Marvin's birthdate and name has been arrested and has a court date on Thursday. WOW I can only pray for these grown adults to find / make peace with their past and have a nice life with the rest of their family & especially parents.

First Name: MARVIN PFN: DZC321
Last Name: MAPLE CEN: 09007259
Middle Name: Housing Facility: MAIN JAIL SOUTH
Sex: M Bail Amount: No Bail Allowed
Release Date:
Booking Date: 02/03/2009

Court Appearances

SNO COURT CODE COURT DEPT DATE TIME
1 43470 XY 02/05/2009 12:00

This is wonderful news! Let's hope that the kids can see through the years of brainwashing and find the truth.

Grandparents kidnapped these children claiming their parents were sexually abusing them and remained on the run. Changing their names too.

Went from Bobby & Christie Baskin to Jennifer & Jonathan Bunting.

The grandmother has since died but the grandfather is arrested in San Jose awaiting transfer back to TN for kidnapping charges.

http://www.murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=15245

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=9784091

Jennifer / Christie is having a hard time reconciling this information... no word on how Bobby / Jonathan is doing other than it's mentioned he is married and may have a child.:dance:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tx-tinman
Back