Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he been her teacher since September? Does anyone know? Wondering how long they have known one another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I prefer not to find an excuse for inexcusable behavior.

Oh, I'm not giving him any type of pass for this. My original reply was in response to insinuations that he's a repeat pedophile.

If the perp fooled her by saying he was a "special agent" couldn't it follow he would take her to a "safe house" somewhere off the grid and perhaps tell her she cannot contact anyone and can't use the internet so that whoever the perp made the "enemy" he was saving her from couldn't track them? Maybe the poor thing truly does not realize what's really going on and that's why they added the aggravated Kindnapping charge because he took her under false pretenses? This case makes me sick....EVERYONE failed this child..her parents, the school, everyone ... imo jmo

I like this train of thought of tricking her. Maybe also saying he would help her avoid the trouble SHE was in for the kissing. I know it's not her fault and she shouldn't be in any trouble. But who knows what lies he has fed her. Ick.

He certainly does look larger in the newly released photos.
I pictured him as an average build, not husky like the recent photos show.
I felt awful for his wife, I'm sure she had no idea this was going to Happen. He may have lied to her too, telling her that Lizzy made up the kissing story that led to him being suspended from teaching. Who knows what he told her?! But I'd be willing to bet that she didn't think he'd end up running off, taking a child.

I agree that this child has been failed by many. The poor girl needed someone to stand up for her and it appears she was let down.
The school should've removed him ( with pay) until the investigation was completed ( at that point take the pay once the allegations are proved true )

I'm concerned because the longer this goes on, more damage can be done. So far we know she's been sexually abused by a teacher, but who knows what else can happen now. What could happen if they get desperate? I hope that he does the right thing and drops her off at a safe place.

I'm local to this and today the FBI has stepped in with the TBI thank goodness. Mary Elizabeth's SIL has shared the poster all over SM she's really trying to find this poor girl. One thing I've noticed is the news is pushing that he groomed her for this and I have no doubt whatever was happening at home he used it to his advantage. I really thought they would be found by now and as more time passes I'm worried he's going to either hurt her or convince her to hurt herself. They have upped his charges so he's got nothing left to lose IMO its been very cold at night here and raining all day today if they are outside in the elements still. I just can't believe there's been such a low low number of tips.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

He certainly does look larger in the newly released photos.
I pictured him as an average build, not husky like the recent photos show.
I felt awful for his wife, I'm sure she had no idea this was going to Happen. He may have lied to her too, telling her that Lizzy made up the kissing story that led to him being suspended from teaching. Who knows what he told her?! But I'd be willing to bet that she didn't think he'd end up running off, taking a child.

I agree that this child has been failed by many. The poor girl needed someone to stand up for her and it appears she was let down.
The school should've removed him ( with pay) until the investigation was completed ( at that point take the pay once the allegations are proved true )

I'm concerned because the longer this goes on, more damage can be done. So far we know she's been sexually abused by a teacher, but who knows what else can happen now. What could happen if they get desperate? I hope that he does the right thing and drops her off at a safe place.

Rachel- I agree. How can this safely end for Elizabeth, especially now the perp is facing a felony instead of a misdemeanor? She very likely had no idea of the scope of the consequences for this but you can bet he did. He had to have planned to never come back if he can help it. The pic of him in the hoodie makes my skin crawl.

I can't get past the feeling that they're going to be found in a place where no one expects them and no one is currently looking. There's so much info online about where the search is being focused and where the AA's are being sent out it wouldn't be difficult at all for him to just pay attention and go the opposite direction.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered. Has what he purchased at Wal-Mart been made public? Was wondering if there was camping equipment, food, batteries, etc. TIA.

Also, if this guy's 200 pounds, then I'm 130. Give me a break.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TBI Adds AMBER Alert Suspect to State’s ‘Top 10 Most Wanted’ List

March 17, 2017

NASHVILLE – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has a new addition to its ‘Top 10 Most Wanted’ list: Tad Cummins, of Columbia.

Cummins (DOB 7-1-66) is wanted by the Maury County Sheriff’s Department and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to face charges of Aggravated Kidnapping and Sexual Contact with a Minor. On March 13th, Cummins kidnapped 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas. It is believed the young girl, a student at the school at which Cummins taught until being fired this week, is in imminent danger. Cummins is believed to be armed with two handguns and should be considered dangerous. He is possibly driving a 2015 silver Nissan Rogue, with Tennessee tag 976-ZPT.

Cummins is a white man, who stand 6’00” and weighs approximately 200 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes. Anyone with general information about their whereabouts should contact 1-800-TBI-FIND. There is a $1,000 reward for information leading to his arrest. If anyone sees the vehicle and plate mentioned above, call 911 immediately.

Additional information about the AMBER Alert can be found online: http://tn.gov/tbi/topic/active-amber-alerts.

Seeing these recent photos gives me chills. She must have been desperate.

I know right. first pictures of him released looked like he was slimmer biker type guy and that i could see a teen girl might fall for but these recent pics? why and how? poor girl. praying she is found safe :praying:

Catching up on this thread...

I'm really worried that the more time that is going by, the more dangerous this situation has become.

She is obviously in a fragile state of mind given home life and the posts she makes on Instagram.

He's now facing charges, everyone's coming after them I feel like he might be thinking "it's too far gone" and they're in way over their heads.

I'm worried this is not going to end well for either of them.

I'm thinking they went off the grid. I'm just hoping he hasn't done something to her and himself that would be the reason no one has seen them travelling.

I also can't help be think maybe they've changed vehicles. I wonder if stolen vehicle reports have been looked into in the areas they are focusing the AA in.

TC is looking rather obese in recent pics. Not sure why, but this really seems to make a big difference on my perception of the case.

When you see an attractive female teacher somehow hooking up with a teenage male student, she usually gets fired and gets probation.

When you see an obese female teacher in the same situation, she usually gets 15 years in prison.

Same logic applies here. If he looked decent and in shape for his age, he would be assumed to be much less of a predator.

TC is looking rather obese in recent pics. Not sure why, but this really seems to make a big difference on my perception of the case.

Rsbm. Honestly the discussion of his weight confuses me a bit. Is it somehow better if she falls for a body rather than a personality?

After looking through his Instagram it like a flip was switched. He went from posting selfies and normal things to all these weird love quotes that resembles Elizabeth's. Think it's possible she was the one posting on his account?

I know these type of people are right under our noses. But wow, one second he seemed "normal"...The next, he is on the run with a 15 year old.

Disgusting and scary.

I have a couple of questions and things to say.
When Elizabeth's mother was arrested on the 4 counts of felony child abuse and neglect, they said CPS stepped in. Does anyone know if they offer counseling? I would hope this was offered to Elizabeth as we have no idea what her home life was like.
I think TC gained weight and grew out his beard after he was put on leave. I mean he has no job, no place to get up and go to. Who knows what he was telling his wife during this time. Or what he was saying to Elizabeth.
I am just afraid they will both feel they have nothing left to go back to. If they are cornered and found, they will rather be together in eternity that endure life apart. I hope she is found safe and sound.

Several of you have pointed to interesting comments on the TBI FB Page. One stands out to me in particular. (I am being intentionally vague so as to not run afoul of TOS.)

Some of you have also linked to the suspect's FB page, which contains the typical things we all have on FB - status posts, photos we've taken at very specific places on vacations, etc.

Although few tips have come in, it seems as if what LE has said has mostly involved AL and FL. Which makes some sense to me.

Separately, wondering if they have license plate readers deployed. All MOO.

He's 50 (plus?) years old and a teacher...giving him unrestricted access to girls Elizabeth's age. I just don't believe all of a sudden he completely changed his personality, morals, and predilections. IMO He's done this before...not run off but he's at least attempted if not carried out more inappropriate conduct with girls in the same age range as Elizabeth.

Ugh this case is eating at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member