Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has a burner phone with wifi he could easily be parking close to a Starbucks or McDonald's to get on the internet. He would have to be careful and not checking his own email, but he could be reading the news.

Agree.

I hope LE has checked main store records like walmart for all burner phone purchases in the surrounding 100 mile radius.

I cannot imagine purchases of real burner phones are all that common and just by finding where and when and what store one was purchased at could be vital clue.

I know they may not be able to track much about the phones usage but just by knowing where when and what store one was purchased at could give a vital clue where they may be hiding.

This is assuming that these devices are not purchased very often by people. I am guessing it is a rare purchase because most people already have a real phone.

Thanks! Yes, I had read that. That's what my comment was based on. Someone had just replied that Tad said "he was leaving" and I wasn't sure what they meant by that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw that Kat didn't correct the person who made the assumption that he was talking about leaving the marriage, so I am thinking that he told her that he was leaving the marriage, and that he maybe had an appointment with a divorce attorney? Possibly even told her that he wanted to be with Elizabeth?

Is the jeep one of those open types? Like with a fabric cover? Maybe he took the other car because it was more suited to parking and living in? If that is the case, they may still have it but be in one of the nearby National Forests.

Thanks, my Kindle is older and one of the cheaper ones so I guess I was thinking only of that experience. Mine's so useless with internet connectivity that I can only read books on it. Boo. :smile:

Hahaha. You're right it would depend on the model. My husband has an old one that would be more useless.

I'm not even suggesting they had Kindles...just throwing it out there that a lot of devices (hand held video game systems, iPads, etc) could use wifi to check in online here and there at businesses and see what is being said about the case.

I just saw that Kat didn't correct the person who made the assumption that he was talking about leaving the marriage, so I am thinking that he told her that he was leaving the marriage, and that he maybe had an appointment with a divorce attorney? Possibly even told her that he wanted to be with Elizabeth?

Oh yeah, I had seen that speculation too. I just didn't know if someone had verified that line of thinking. Thanks!

No. I didn't catch that. To my knowledge his wife thinks the marriage is still repairable. She said before Monday she never had an issue with the marriage

I think we should be careful about making assumptions. I don't want us to put Kat in an awkward position because we're picking apart what she has or hasn't said or corrected.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if he left a letter to his wife/kids/grandkids. I can't imagine he wouldn't leave something to let his children know he loved them.

Of course, he obviously wasn't thinking of his family in the first place.

No. I didn't catch that. To my knowledge his wife thinks the marriage is still repairable. She said before Monday she never had an issue with the marriage

Okay. So she thought their marriage was okay when he said he was leaving. Thank you for clearing that up for me. :)

She and her parents are refusing to cooperate with police. Per FBI she is a minor and we aren't allowed to mention her name

First, welcome. I truly understand your pain. It's been my experience when people don't cooperate it's because they're complicit. Hopefully the friend will have a come to Jesus moment and tell what she knows.

Is the jeep one of those open types? Like with a fabric cover? Maybe he took the other car because it was more suited to parking and living in? If that is the case, they may still have it but be in one of the nearby National Forests.
From a Google Image search I believe that you are correct. It had a removable soft top.
MOO

Agree.

I hope LE has checked main store records like walmart for all burner phone purchases in the surrounding 100 mile radius.

I cannot imagine purchases of real burner phones are all that common and just by finding where and when and what store one was purchased at could be vital clue.

I know they may not be able to track much about the phones usage but just by knowing where when and what store one was purchased at could give a vital clue where they may be hiding.

This is assuming that these devices are not purchased very often by people. I am guessing it is a rare purchase because most people already have a real phone.

"Burner phone" is just a term to indicate that the device is secondary to a main cell phone (like one that was bought on a contract or at least registered with a carrier who is delivering the voice and data plans on it). For some people (for example, those with bad credit), this option is the only way they can get a mobile device. So it's more common than you think (hence being sold at major retailers like WalMart, CVS, etc.) though that being said, if LE could establish where and when TC's burner phone was purchased it might be helpful.

Okay thanks! I respect the need to not say more.:) Appreciate your help! Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it if you had added something new.

My guess is he told her he had an interview, either he left her a note to say goodbye or she opened his closet door and found his stuff gone.

They told local LE they didn't have cameras and couldn't help them

SMH...🐮 I wonder what would happen if the public knew Shoneys was not being cooperative...If the word were to get out they might be a little more willing to help!

A couple of quick questions and I understand if you can't answer or don't know. Does TC have any chronic health issues? What did ET want to do when she graduates? Does she have a dream like being a model or american idol, etc? We heard she's left handed, but is there any other characteristics that stick out about her? Like does she twist her hair, bite her nails, something that might make her stand out in a crowd? She was homeschooled by her mother, were they part of any local homeschool organzation? And is the church they attended part of the interfaith network?

SMH...�� I wonder what would happen if the public knew Shoneys was not being cooperative...If the word were to get out they might be a little more willing to help!

She's in shock and denial right now. Just another victim in the long list. TC has left quite a wake.

A couple of quick questions and I understand if you can't answer or don't know. Does TC have any chronic health issues? What did ET want to do when she graduates? Does she have a dream like being a model or american idol, etc? We heard she's left handed, but is there any other characteristics that stick out about her? Like does she twist her hair, bite her nails, something that might make her stand out in a crowd? She was homeschooled by her mother, were they part of any local homeschool organzation? And is the church they attended part of the interfaith network?

She has a wheat and tomato allergy. They were "home schooled" a book was never open in front of them. No organization. The church is a local Catholic Church but MC-ET also attended a local non denomination church as well.

It's hard to think of habits. They almost become part of a person so family members tend to forget about them. We will brain storm. I'm about to meet up with the rest of the siblings I will ask

So the Local police told us Shoney's put it outside because they didn't know what else to do about it. I'm asking them if we could pull phones records.

Did your sister know anyone who worked at Shoneys? Is it possible her friend that dropped her off at Shoneys might have more information?

There is missing information here that I cannot give. You have half of the info.

Perhaps the other half is the note TC left his wife said he was taking ET with him when he left.

I'm not asking you to answer ET's sister. I know you can't :) JMHO
Thank you for all the help you are providing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members