Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The original Amber Alert was incorrect regarding her height. She's not 5'5", but more like 5'0' to 5'2", according to other reports from the family. 120 lbs is not all that thin for that height. I'm 5'4"+ and for years I could barely manage to hit 100 lbs. -- that was thin! 120 lbs. would've been a lot for me.

I'm sure that the family noticed her weight loss, but I don't think she's emaciated or anything.

Yeah, I don't think she's emaciated but for a teenager to lose "noticeable" weight in just a little over a month is scary.

FWIW, MyBodyGallery.com is a good place to look at how different people carry different weights. A 5'2", 120 pound woman can appear thin, muscular or even overweight depending on their frame.

This statement totally seems in conflict with her FB/IG posts from the past couple years. Is it just me that saw a much different girl in her own posts.. not just SINCE TC but before. Haven't we been talking about how he 'chose' her and groomed her was because she was so insecure, low self esteem etc. I'm really surprised to hear the opposite now.

It's not at all uncommon for teenagers to be very bubbly and appear happy around people but feel very depressed and lonely when they're not around people. I was shy but really friendly as a teenager, always smiling and having fun with my friends but at home, I was very depressed. Sometimes I posted things on social media (MySpace was still big when I was a teenager and FB was new when I was in high school) that showed my true feelings. I actually ended up deleting my original Facebok page when I was older because the "On This Day" feature kept showing me moments when I was really depressed about things and posted about it online.

$3.00 in pocket, yet we do not know what was in car as that search warrant seizure document has been released (other than two guns were in car) :cow:

Speaking of the guns, do you think maybe he considered trading one or both of the guns for the boat he wanted? He was broke but guns could probably be traded for a gun if he found the right person, don't you think?

I don't have a doubt in the world that the last 48 hours were the most traumatic for her. If TC was keeping all the news from her, can you imagine what this poor girl must have thought when law enforcement swooped in ?!

And I'm sure TC convinced her that her father and family were going to hate her and she'd have no friends if they got caught and made her go back home. He may have even told her that her family didn't want her back and she'd be on the streets.

I just hope TC's defense attorney doesn't try to get her to drop the divorce to make him look good. That woman is on the precipice of a whirlpool right now and if she gets too close, she's liable to get sucked in. The best support her friends and family can give her is to keep a wall around her right now.

Loneliness is a big issue for some, but you gotta push through it to get to the other/better side. Let her kids and gkids be her joy now. Don't let self-esteem break her. Guys can be j.... not her fault.
Can you tell I'm a divorcee? :) I pushed through to the other side with God's help and cannot even begin to say how much better off I am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From link

The family says they understand the "love and concern for the well-being of this child has grown to include millions of people," but they will now stop offering interviews and focus on Thomas' recovery, "which could easily take an extended period of time."

This is wise. We all want to hear that ET is progressing in her recovery, but the family needs to get back into their routine and the media needs to leave them alone for a long while, as they did with Jaycee Dugard.

TC's sister should also stop offering interviews. She never should have given the one posted yesterday. I know the media can be relentless; this is why you either issue a short, carefully worded statement ending with "I will have no further comment" or say absolutely nothing.

Agreed. I'm 5'1" and even 5lbs in either direction is noticeable and clothes fit differently.

I know. I could lose 5 lbs. in a couple of days if I had a cold or was stressed or otherwise off-schedule.

Of course ET was stressed. Of course she was not eating right. That she lost some weight is worthy of mention, of course; but it's just not necessarily a huge concern.

http://fox17.com/news/local/family-...s-police-public-media-say-they-will-step-back
6b207a732285f7fa5af6808f4f46a182.jpg

MOO

What is this map? I thought he went to San Diego, then Berkeley, then Cecilville.

Oh, I absolutely agree, but the poster I replied to seemed very concerned about her health. I was just keeping it in perspective that ET is most likely not severely medically affected by the weight loss.

My daughter is 5.1 and weighs 118 and she is not too thin. She's a good size. So to be 5.2 and 120 wouldn't be bad at all.

I'm disgusted with the willingly vs not willingly argument that TC's defense attorney utilized in addition to what I'm reading "out there". Let's take that it's degrading and insulting out of the equation for just a moment and break down why it's simply a moot point to begin with:

The victim did not know the extent of the plan or true motives of her captor.

The victim was not aware she would never, ever be allowed to see her family or contact them, she only knew it was prudent to not do so for the time being.

The victim was not aware of statistics regarding homicide or murder/suicide in cases such as hers.

As not just a fifteen year old but a fifteen year old with a sheltered background and prior history of abuse, MCET would have been oblivious to the above. "Willingly" is a term that can't apply here because she didn't know the "terms" or potential consequences of TC's plan (or even his true nature) IMO.

Cummins has been in federal custody at the Sacramento County jail since Friday.

Cummins will be shackled and transported from the jail to an airport where he'll board a U.S. Marshal-owned air plane.

"He'll likely then be flown to another (undisclosed) location, then eventually will be transported to Tennessee." For his own safety reasons, federal authorities would not disclose what day Cummins will depart California or when he will arrive in Tennessee.

Once he arrives in Tennessee, Cummins will be transported to an undisclosed facility in the Middle District of Tennessee. "We have some in Kentucky and some in Tennessee."

Cummins will then be transferred to U.S. District Court in Nashville for an appearance to make sure he has an attorney in Tennessee.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...s-journey-back-tennessee-look-like/100879606/

I'm disgusted with the willingly vs not willingly argument that TC's defense attorney utilized in addition to what I'm reading "out there". Let's take that it's degrading and insulting out of the equation for just a moment and break down why it's simply a moot point to begin with:

The victim did not know the extent of the plan or true motives of her captor.

The victim was not aware she would never, ever be allowed to see her family or contact them, she only knew it was prudent to not do so for the time being.

The victim was not aware of statistics regarding homicide or murder/suicide in cases such as hers.

As not just a fifteen year old but a fifteen year old with a sheltered background and prior history of abuse, MCET would have been oblivious to the above. "Willingly" is a term that can't apply here because she didn't know the "terms" or potential consequences of TC's plan (or even his true nature) IMO.

I appreciate where you are headed with this post. But, it would be even more powerful and helpful if we had links to support each thought.
I just read an article with similar terms used by the lawyer of TC and the "willingness" really bothers me as well. I don't have time at the moment to gather the link or participate in the discussion but sure would appreciate readers opinions and linked views/comments. TIA

"How do we know the victim did not know or understand the extent of the plan or true motives"?
"How did you come to the rationale that "she only knew it was prudent to not do so for the time being"?

I think we can all shoot bullet holes through the defenses use of willingness...what a low blow to this child and her suffering.

JMO

This is wise. We all want to hear that ET is progressing in her recovery, but the family needs to get back into their routine and the media needs to leave them alone for a long while, as they did with Jaycee Dugard.

TC's sister should also stop offering interviews. She never should have given the one posted yesterday. I know the media can be relentless; this is why you either issue a short, carefully worded statement ending with "I will have no further comment" or say absolutely nothing.

I completely agree it is time to step out of the media. The family and LE have given us plenty of information and I appreciate that, but also can see how continued updates might not be in ET's best interest.

Exactly! And this guy has two (?) grown daughters. He should know or remember how 15 year old girls can be as far as behavior, immaturity, etc..
IMO

He used that knowledge to his own benefit. :sick:

For those wishing to poke big fat holes in possible defense narratives links to PDFs of the arresting affidavit and the motion in support of detention are located in post #1 of this thread

I appreciate where you are headed with this post. But, it would be even more powerful and helpful if we had links to support each thought.
I just read an article with similar terms used by the lawyer of TC and the "willingness" really bothers me as well. I don't have time at the moment to gather the link or participate in the discussion but sure would appreciate readers opinions and linked views/comments. TIA

"How do we know the victim did not know or understand the extent of the plan or true motives"?
"How did you come to the rationale that "she only knew it was prudent to not do so for the time being"?

I think we can all shoot bullet holes through the defenses use of willingness...what a low blow to this child and her suffering.

JMO

Thanks, WideOpen and I hear what you're saying regarding links and/or supporting evidence. For me, any article stating the victim's age is proof alone that her comprehension of what would or could happen once the Rogue left Columbia, TN is limited at best. To specifically address your question, "How did you come to the rationale that "she only knew it was prudent to not do so for the time being"", I'm basing this on the rock that was collected for her father (yes, she could have lied that it was collected for him but I just don't think that's the case). Plus, it makes more sense to me that TC would string along his abductee regarding if and when she could have contact with her family rather then telling her outright that it was never going to happen.

(OFF TOPIC: I'm old enough to have been around when the ad campaign that your profile pic is from was originally running. I get a kick out of seeing it every time you post. :))

Thanks, WideOpen and I hear what you're saying regarding links and/or supporting evidence. For me, any article stating the victim's age is proof alone that her comprehension of what would or could happen once the Rogue left Columbia, TN is limited at best. To specifically address your question, "How did you come to the rationale that "she only knew it was prudent to not do so for the time being"", I'm basing this on the rock that was collected for her father (yes, she could have lied that it was collected for him but I just don't think that's the case). Plus, it makes more sense to me that TC would string along his abductee regarding if and when she could have contact with her family rather then telling her outright that it was never going to happen.

Thanks for your reply MsMtOlympus~
You know, when we think of her collecting the rocks, I get the most innocent and sweet sensation of my own memories of what it was like to be a little child. She is just a precious girl.
I hate what TC did to her.

(OFF TOPIC: I'm old enough to have been around when the ad campaign that your profile pic is from was originally running. I get a kick out of seeing it every time you post. :))

Lol, those were the days-good old rock n roll~! I still have that poster rolled up in a group of other nostalgic prints. Blown Away.

JMO

I don't know how the defence is going to try and get away with 'not coerced' bit. 15 vs 50 = coerced imo. Everytime.

I do think her sm acounts speak to the fact that she believed that she was running off to be in a relationship with TC. and I don't think she thought it would be platonic. She changed her status to wife, for example. There is also the single bed hotel stays and witnesses that attest that they behaved as newlyweds.

I am not saying it's right, or justifying this crime, but there is evidence that she left to be in a relationship with Tad. This is what the defence is likely going to put out there and it will be up to the prosecution to show the extent of the grooming and manipulation in order to show that ET could not have understood the consequences, danger and ultimate futility of believing in a psychopath.

I don't know how the defence is going to try and get away with 'not coerced' bit. 15 vs 50 = coerced imo. Everytime.

I do think her sm acounts speak to the fact that she believed that she was running off to be in a relationship with TC. and I don't think she thought it would be platonic. She changed her status to wife, for example. There is also the single bed hotel stays and witnesses that attest that they behaved as newlyweds.

I am not saying it's right, or justifying this crime, but there is evidence that she left to be in a relationship with Tad. This is what the defence is likely going to put out there and it will be up to the prosecution to show the extent of the grooming and manipulation in order to show that ET could not have understood the consequences, danger and ultimate futility of believing in a psychopath.

They can say it until they are blue in the face. According to Federal law, it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61