Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if something happened just prior to the abduction to sort of "push her off the fence?" and shed some of her conflict.

I hope not, but what if TC told her lies about her family wanting to be "rid" of her and she thought running away with (gag) this was her only chance for happiness?

Or worse, they had been intimate before and she had reason to think she was pregnant? :(

My heart breaks for this child.

People were gossiping about her at school - students and teachers both. This, IMHO, could have pushed her off the fence. My heart breaks for all that ET has had to go through so far, and all that she will continue to face. I hope she can find her strength as Elizabeth Smart did.

:cow:

What a predator. Max time in prison wished for him. Poor ET. Praying for her mental and physical health to get better.

Well look at it this way, it just goes to prove that he had her against her will. Why else would he keep that from her. It is one more nail in his coffin. I hope he keeps talking. The more he says, the deeper he goes.

According to the charges against ET's mother, she made her strip naked in from of other adults, as well as hitting her and pushing her down stairs.

I think those links may be in the media thread, but if not I will hunt down a link.

ETA link: http://www.wsmv.com/story/34967126/da-missing-teen-had-troubling-home-life

Omg what?!?!?

This is a HUGE piece of the puzzle! I had no idea that she was abused in that way.

You know that Tad saw her coming a mile away. She was a vulnerable dotting duck and he took his opportunity with her.

I am a teacher and this whole story just makes me sick on so many levels. Somehow, though, it's even more heartbreaking when I realize what this poor girl has already gone through.

Prayers up for her! [emoji171]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People were gossiping about her at school - students and teachers both. This, IMHO, could have pushed her off the fence. My heart breaks for all that ET has had to go through so far, and all that she will continue to face. I hope she can find her strength as Elizabeth Smart did.

I have a strong suspicion that Tad Cummins was playing both sides of the fence with those kids and teachers. I bet we find out that he was behind some of the nasty talk and blaming. Because it would play right into his purposes. To isolate her and yet he benefits by continuing to play the injured innocent party at school. He makes E think that he was her only friend. But is setting up his CYA plan to make it look like she is to blame. He is diabolical.

My gut says she really thought what she felt for this disgusting turd was love.

He probably relished the bullying that HIS ACTIONS CAUSED because it made him seem like her only sanctuary. He probably LOVED it. :mad:

The thought that this child has had her innocence stolen by this gross pig sickens me. I truly hope she will be able to heal and experience a true love in a normal, healthy way with a boy/man her own age. Emotionally AND physically.

I seldom wish violence on others, even perps, but this guy makes me see red. He potentially DESTROYED a child's life for his own nasty desires. I really think I would throat punch him if I could and accept a night in jail with joy.

Sorry. Gettin' scrappy. Better go make dinner. :(

TC is entitled to a defense under the law. His attorney knows that there is really no defense, except to try to mitigate the crimes by suggesting ET went willingly. He knows that even if she did....and even if it turns out that she says so...it wont fly as a defense, because of her age. I hate when people bash public defenders......they are doing their jobs, representing their (usually) guilty clients. In this case, according to TC's sister, TC basically confessed to everything EXCEPT the issue of ET's willingness. That's all the attorney has to work with...and he or she knows that it won't work. JMO

TC is entitled to a defense under the law. His attorney knows that there is really no defense, except to try to mitigate the crimes by suggesting ET went willingly. He knows that even if she did....and even if it turns out that she says so...it wont fly as a defense, because of her age. I hate when people bash public defenders......they are doing their jobs, representing their (usually) guilty clients. In this case, according to TC's sister, TC basically confessed to everything EXCEPT the issue of ET's willingness. That's all the attorney has to work with...and he or she knows that it won't work. JMO

I feel sorry for any PD that has to deal with Tad Cummins. I wonder if he has told her how he has a law degree and is a secret member of the Supreme Court too.:cuckoo: Some days it doesn't pay to show up for work!

One of the things that really makes me wish "Beating With Bare Hands" could be a sentence, is how this sorry sack dumped, abandoned, threw his own kids to the wolves. He left his own family there to deal with the fallout, (and now he has the audacity to publicly cry that was protecting someone else's child!).

His children, though grown, had young infants, small children... A very stressful time in any adults life. New parents need all the support they can get... instead of being there for his own kids, he took off with someone else's, and basically brought down a nightmare on them, and didn't give a **** who was there to "protect" his kids.

One of the things that really makes me wish "Beating With Bare Hands" could be a sentence, is how this sorry sack dumped, abandoned, threw his own kids to the wolves. He left his own family there to deal with the fallout, (and now he has the audacity to publicly cry that was protecting someone else's child!).

His children, though grown, had young infants, small children... A very stressful time in any adults life. New parents need all the support they can get... instead of being there for his own kids, he took off with someone else's, and basically brought down a nightmare on them, and didn't give a **** who was there to "protect" his kids.

This made me cry. I've been married 38 yrs, 2 grown daughters, 5 grandies. If I were JC, the most agonizing pain that I'd feel would be for 15 yo ET & our grandies (losing their beloved Poppa). I think most of us "grandmas" would feel the same.

I agree with defense attorneys having an important job to do. A necessary job. And were I ever in a pickle, I would be grateful to have representation .

That said, TC (I hope) is indefensible. His actions have no "gray area" and he is a straight-up child predator and rapist.

In fact, I have some sympathy for defense attorneys. I suspect they often defend worthy clients. And again, I am grateful for their presence. You never know when you might be wrongly accused of a crime.

Abuse by other men?

This is the first I've heard of this....I'm confused!

According to the charges against ET's mother, she made her strip naked in from of other adults, as well as hitting her and pushing her down stairs.

I think those links may be in the media thread, but if not I will hunt down a link.

ETA link: http://www.wsmv.com/story/34967126/da-missing-teen-had-troubling-home-life

also...

Authorities said the mother physically abused several of her children for about a year, beginning in November 2014. The teen's father was living at home during that time, but the couple separated in November 2015 and the father took sole custody of the children. The parents have been married for 30 years and have 10 children together, though only four of them are still minors.

The mother is accused of hitting her children until they bled, knocking a daughter unconscious with a wooden board and throwing a chair at another daughter, bruising her leg. The mother also smacked a child in the head for injecting herself with her brother's EpiPen.

The mother is alleged to have banged the 15-year-old's head on a washer, and at another point, she threw the girl down basement steps and locked her inside.

The children wrote letters to the Department of Children's Services about the abuse before the mother was arrested.

The mother has been ordered to stay away from the children.

Cummins knew the girl had been abused and took advantage of that information.

http://www.michigansthumb.com/news/...-abused-by-mom-before-kidnapping-11098355.php

also...

Authorities said the mother physically abused several of her children for about a year, beginning in November 2014. The teen's father was living at home during that time, but the couple separated in November 2015 and the father took sole custody of the children. The parents have been married for 30 years and have 10 children together, though only four of them are still minors.

The mother is accused of hitting her children until they bled, knocking a daughter unconscious with a wooden board and throwing a chair at another daughter, bruising her leg. The mother also smacked a child in the head for injecting herself with her brother's EpiPen.

The mother is alleged to have banged the 15-year-old's head on a washer, and at another point, she threw the girl down basement steps and locked her inside.

The children wrote letters to the Department of Children's Services about the abuse before the mother was arrested.

The mother has been ordered to stay away from the children.

Cummins knew the girl had been abused and took advantage of that information.

http://www.michigansthumb.com/news/...-abused-by-mom-before-kidnapping-11098355.php

What an absolute horror of a childhood.

And that awful mother with her crocodile tears. :(

Victim blaming is one of the oldest stories in the book, when it comes to sex crimes. They've got nothing else, so they are going with the low blow to the victim.

IMO, TC either outright or passively blamed ET while he had her on the run. Again IMO, it's a way for him to manipulate her from afar.

BBM and a gesture towards his family! "Repentant sounding"

bbm.

You hit on something really important here. This is something most victims of abuse experience. They are desperate for morsels of love and affection. They are "taught" that no one else can love them correctly but the abuser. It's especially pervasive in sexual abuse against children. There is so much self loathing wrapped up in experiencing child/minor abuse. They want and crave the attention from the abuser, but it doesn't feel right or good, but at the same time it does. They believe this is the only person who can love them and save them. Losing that is terrifying.

I loved my abuser. At one point, I was obsessed with losing him. I think I'd have done anything to keep them. I believed no one else would or could love me. I craved the attention and affection. It also felt horrible and I hated myself. That made me need him more. It was pure hell.

ETA: I want to add, you better believe I blamed the whole thing on myself. And I would have secretly jumped at the chance to see him again, for some time even after charges and stopped contact. But I can tell you, I was NOT willing in all of it. It's very complicated psychologically.

Blue, I think this is what ET is going through...happy to be home but tossed about TC and probably missing the attention, excitement and freedom! I don't she thought he was controlling - I think she thought he was her protector. I also think that she's going through withdrawal, much like a drug addict.

http://wkrn.com/2017/04/24/documents-reveal-tad-cummins-planned-to-go-to-mexico-with-teen/

Cummins’ court-appointed attorney, Benajmin Galloway, released the following statement after the judge’s decision was handed down:

“It is important to note that these allegations do not involve force, threats or coercion of any sort. As authorities in Tennessee acknowledge, the alleged victim left of her own free will. This was not an abduction or kidnapping as has been suggested. Mr. Cummins has no history of violence and no criminal history whatsoever. He surrendered without incident and has been cooperative with investigators. He looks forward to returning to Tennessee as soon as possible to answer the charges against him."

This makes me want to start my own history of violence. But I will resist. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member