Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was giving $40.00 by the cabin renter.

With her food allergies it must have been harder to find food she knew was safe for her . He obviously did not put much thought into how Elizabeth was going to have enough adequate food eat.

I'm glad JC is getting out dressed nice walking her dog. She should thank her lucky stars she got rid of this dirt bag while she's still young. I bet he was a horrible husband. It may be hard now but time heals. She has a good supportive family. She will become so strong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4440560/Wife-teacher-accused-kidnapping-student-spotted.html
Credit DailyMail.com

e289bc7a128f76aab5fa51ff3a516759.jpg

It looks like she is carrying the shirt Tad Cummins sister wore in her TV interview. I don't know why I noticed that. Lol! I sew, so maybe it was the print that caught my eye.

I hope no one tells ET anything about what is going on the TC, especially what his sister says about him being "repentant sounding" and wanting his family back.

I think the guy who gave him $40 also put $15 in the gas tank.

His money sure didn't last very long. I didn't think it would but they should have had more left. I think it sounds so Tad-typical that he was so lazy at the commune that they kicked him out and he had a hissy fit. Colossal sense of entitlement. I kinda he figured they were lucky just to be in his presence. Ugh.

“They let us go two-by-two to speak to her and stand at a distance at first because she’d been through a lot,” the father said, adding, “I had to keep looking to make sure it was her.”

“It was more important to have her back. I was so overwhelmed. Later on, when I hugged her, I just went into tears. She put her hand over my shoulder and patted my back and said, ‘It’s okay,’” he recalled.

Thomas said she has lost a lot of weight. He also noted that she’s a bit more “edgy”. “She used to be more outgoing, much more exuberant, and now she can’t really take a lot of stimulus right now,” he explained.

The father said he’s been able to see her several times since then, saying she’s relaxing little by little but “you can still tell she’s very sensitive to too much going on."

“It’s going to be that way for a while probably from what she’s been through,” he said, noting that she’ll be getting counseling.

He said they’re going to give her space and try to keep things very calm for her, make sure she has what she needs to adjust to life back home.

Thomas also said they haven’t spoken about her experiences while she was gone, saying, “We haven’t gotten to that yet.”

http://wkrn.com/2017/04/24/father-of-elizabeth-thomas-opens-up-about-daughters-rescue-return-home/

"Family members who have spent time with Elizabeth Thomas after her return to Tennessee say she told them*the 48 hours before her rescue were the most traumatic."

http://wkrn.com/2017/04/24/family-w...t-48-hours-before-rescue-were-most-traumatic/

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Reading these articles just broke my heart. I am thankful that the family has shared a bit about how MCET is currently coping. I'm beyond thankful that she seems to be receiving the best of care. Her current physical and mental state blows all of TC's claims to protect her right of the water. I have no words...

I don't believe so, but I'd love to know. I wouldn't be surprised if they had no gas left. I think he was stuck and completely out of options. (JMO.) Thank goodness she was found when she was.

They are very lucky that they didn't run out of gas on some remote road between BBR and Cecilville.

I'm definitely not understanding this. I'm also confused as to how and why they ended up way up in the remote mountains in California if the plan was to go to Mexico. It almost sounds as though the plan got screwed up around the time they hit Decatur, and he just came up with a new plan on the fly.

I think he realized he was so low on money that Mexico would have been hard to work his way through. So that is when he headed to the commune. By that time I suspect he was in full manic-mode and just making knee-jerk decisions, and losing his grip. That was a lucky break because then he made his mistakes and people became suspicious.

Kat and Mr. Thomas are doing a great job on Primetime Justice tonight.

Kat, I am so impressed by your intelligence, your advocacy for your sister, your ability to express yourself, and your kindness when speaking about JC and her family.

:goodpost:

Them mentioning his e.d pill refills is very embarrassing on the victims behalf. They could have left that part out until trial. Jmo.
I think it was necessary. The ED pills prove what his intentions were and it was NOT to have Sunday school lessons with her.
IMO

MOO

I estimated an average of $75 and allowed for several days of camping.

According to my precise calculations :laughing: he really blew through that $4500. Either they spent a bunch of money on lodging, or they didn't eat at Chez McDonalds very often.

He had 5 weeks to plan but could not stretch a dollar.

This is what I thought too. I suspect that JC has had to deal with 30 years of trying to manage money with a man who probably can't balance a checkbook, couple that with his sketchy job history, and self-gratification issues and it adds up to that poor woman was IMO basically caretaker of a man-baby. Life from here on out is going to get so much easier. She will probably wonder why she put up with him as long as she did. I don't see her going back. I think she is stronger than that. And freedom must be a relief too.

The $10,000 reward money will be presented Friday to Griffin Barry. He'll receive the reward at the Columbia, Tenn. law office of S. Jason Whatley, the Tennessee attorney who represents the family of ET.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ities-elizabeth-thomas-awarded-10k/100877622/

Barry’s reward money was put forth by Cummins’ former coworker Chandler Anderson. “We are thrilled to write this check,” Anderson told the station.
http://people.com/crime/elizabeth-thomas-found-tip-griffin-barry-reward-money/

I'd imagine the last 48 hours to be the most traumatic..... They were 'stationed' in a cabin with no one close by. Much different environment that hotels, car rides, and even the commune, where there were at least other people nearby, which may have given a sense of security. But in the cabin it was just them.....imo

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

48 hours BEFORE her rescue they were being kicked out of BBR, broke, with no plan other than to return to Cecilville where they were fortunate to have been offered the shelter of the cabin in nowheresville, and subsequently discovered. JMO

http://wkrn.com/2017/04/24/documents-reveal-tad-cummins-planned-to-go-to-mexico-with-teen/

Cummins’ court-appointed attorney, Benajmin Galloway, released the following statement after the judge’s decision was handed down:

“It is important to note that these allegations do not involve force, threats or coercion of any sort. As authorities in Tennessee acknowledge, the alleged victim left of her own free will. This was not an abduction or kidnapping as has been suggested. Mr. Cummins has no history of violence and no criminal history whatsoever. He surrendered without incident and has been cooperative with investigators. He looks forward to returning to Tennessee as soon as possible to answer the charges against him."
Give it some time, there is more to his past that has yet to come out. He has been just been lucky so far, but I have a sneaking suspicion we will find out he was never the pillar of society he led everyone to believe. This is my opinion.

MOO

This is what I thought too. I suspect that JC has had to deal with 30 years of trying to manage money with a man who probably can't balance a checkbook, couple that with his sketchy job history, and self-gratification issues and it adds up to that poor woman was IMO basically caretaker of a man-baby. Life from here on out is going to get so much easier. She will probably wonder why she put up with him as long as she did. I don't see her going back. I think she is stronger than that. And freedom must be a relief too.

I just hope TC's defense attorney doesn't try to get her to drop the divorce to make him look good. That woman is on the precipice of a whirlpool right now and if she gets too close, she's liable to get sucked in. The best support her friends and family can give her is to keep a wall around her right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double