Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With trials in Florida, I expect things like this to be obtained by media. I'm shocked that with this case, in addition to being federal, that media is getting so much of this.

Question: Are they getting through the "sunshine laws" (I know it's not called that in that state, but saying for lack of better word),

and if it goes federal..

I would assume a tight lock on information and evidence down the road?

Or since state also, we can expect more to be released?

Bueller? Lawyers here?

I THINK everything is public unless it gets sealed. No one has asked for stuff to be sealed.

At least that is my non lawyer thoughts:).

With trials in Florida, I expect things like this to be obtained by media. I'm shocked that with this case, in addition to being federal, that media is getting so much of this.

Question: Are they getting through the "sunshine laws" (I know it's not called that in that state, but saying for lack of better word),

and if it goes federal..

I would assume a tight lock on information and evidence down the road?

Or since state also, we can expect more to be released?

Bueller? Lawyers here?

I just checked and it looks like everything is being added to his case file which you can find on PACER case locator. It costs money (10 cents per "page" as though the information was printed on normal piece of paper) to see the documents but everything that's been shared in the media has been uploaded there. I'm nosy so I paid to see what was there, lol. I don't know whether I'm allowed to upload but there's a larger, clearer copy of the note and an exhibit/witness list on there (nothing exciting, IMO).

I would love for J.C to go somewhere tropical and have a beautiful vacation and send her EX a postcard. #ohtheplaces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With a picture of her young, but of age, new cabana boy with a nice tan and nicer obliques.

Is there something really special about Walmart? Serious question, I've never been to one.

I don't know anything special about Walmart. I only know that their stores are generally not clean, their employees are rude and obviously disgruntled, and they carry only the cheapest, lowest quality products. Personally I drive an extra 50 miles to shop at Target, even though their prices are slightly higher. But that's just me.

O/T: the Max Kozak/16 year old was TRIED in State of California. NOT federal court.

Big difference from this case. JMO. Let's not mix apples and oranges.

Two things we questioned earlier now cleared up in today's links/posts:

1) looks like ET was in the kayak with him (apparently purchased, not rented)

2) but also, for what it's worth, "FBI says that victim and Cummins were separated in the videos in multiple Walmarts."

-- Burt Scott Staggs, News Director @101.3 WOPC; Owner-Operator @WCN

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158746468180038&id=625445037

2) but also, for what it's worth, "FBI says that victim and Cummins were separated in the videos in multiple Walmarts."

And people will run with this I'm sure.

ETA - also was cleared up where the phones ended up
where they stayed the first night
What he bought with some of the 4500
Where he was between Oklahoma City and Berkley.

There's a lot of people victim blaming on his posts. How can they say, she's a victim, but she also needs to be held responsible? I don't get it.

I wonder if he purchased life jackets as well. How reckless and irresponsible is it to take a 15-year-old who has never seen the ocean out ok a $1500 kayak in "treacherous waters"??? I am SO steamed about this!!! :rage:

I am mildly curious about:

1) What he did with the kayak after the failed attempt to cross into Mexican waters
2) What route they took from Colorado to San Diego
3) Why they left the desert commune for Berkeley (maybe the Daily Fail should send some reporters over there)
4) What they did/where they stayed in Berkeley and
5) Exact dates and times they were in each place.

There's a lot of people victim blaming on his posts. How can they say, she's a victim, but she also needs to be held responsible? I don't get it.

I personally don't see victim-blaming in the half-dozen or so posts I've scanned thus far. These are questions being asked and answered (and if not now, they would also come out at trial); he is relaying the info without drawing inferences or editorializing. There IS a difference.

She is deemed a victim because of the statutory rape law and his taking her across state lines as a minor. Saying she wasn't physically tethered to him kicking and screaming isn't saying she's responsible for this crime. (Patti Hearst case is another example that comes to mind.)

ETA: oh, I see--you mean commenters victim-blaming, not the news guy. Sorry, I was referring to the news guy's posts. (I don't often read the comments.)

More itinerary details:

"Heading west, they spend three or four nights in Utah, a night in Nevada and then landed in San Diego where Cummins purchased a $1,500 two-seater kayak to boat into Mexico [...]"

That didn't work out so...

"They then drove north, stopping in Los Angeles to sell the kayak at a bar. By the time they reached Cecilville in northern California, Cummins was running out of money."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/05/12/tad-cummins-remain-custody-pending-trial/319887001/

More tinerary details:

"Heading west, they spend three or four nights in Utah, a night in Nevada and then landed in San Diego where Cummins purchased a $1,500 two-seater kayak to boat into Mexico [...]"

That didn't work out so...

"They then drove north, stopping in Los Angeles to sell the kayak at a bar. By the time they reached Cecilville in northern California, Cummins was running out of money."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/05/12/tad-cummins-remain-custody-pending-trial/319887001/

"They then drove north, stopping in Los Angeles to sell the kayak at a bar. By the time they reached Cecilville in northern California, Cummins was running out of money".

I don't quite understand this. Didn't Tad admit he had sex with a minor in numerous locations. How is this going to help him???

Which may, or may not be admissible, as evidence.

"They then drove north, stopping in Los Angeles to sell the kayak at a bar. By the time they reached Cecilville in northern California, Cummins was running out of money".

He sold the kayak at a bar in LA!!! :doh:

A bunch of people saw this guy and didn't know who he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95