AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know. DW said he was in contact contact with CW when they were searching for Summer, they were both in vehicles, he wasn't meaning at the home or in range of their Wifi. They both drove to search. This is what DW has stated anyway.
I was referring to the geographical nature of their home place, not his work place and I'm unsure how far their home wifi extends on their property.

I don't, Jess. We are very remote in my county, but my crappy emergency flip phone works just fine. ;)
I’ve found that sometimes whether or not a phone has a signal depends on what type of network that particular phone is capable of accessing. My husband’s old beater flip phone could get a signal sometimes when my newer iPhone couldn’t because it was capable of accessing older network types.
MOO

Does DW have wifi in his car?

If he had cell service on his way back he could have used that for messenger.

He was lucky not to wreck while going that fast and driving erratically while he read messages and either used the microphone or typed in his replies. It seems like he would’ve been in worse shape than drifting across the yellow line.

jmo

Ok, but if she was using wifi and they were talking the whole time he was driving home, she wasn't looking for Summer during that time... she was in the house. Why would she have sat at home chatting with DW instead of searching for Summer?

(that looks like I'm asking you specifically, TTF, but I'm not. General question to the group)
And he would have been using cell data which he said they had spotty service around there. So how could they have been messaging and searching.

Time zones should not be a factor unless someone drove a significant distance west. Middle Tennessee and west of it is in the Central Time Zone. I really don't think they did this (jmo) even though they are not that far from I-40, i just don't think they had the time to do this (unless the timeline starts much earlier than we think). They are closer to Kentucky and North Carolina than Middle Tennessee. They're kind of in the northeast corner of the state.

I do not really have a theory on the 5:30/6:30 discrepancy. I guess DW has offered one, he thought it was 5:30 when it was actually 6:30. It is possible that's how it was.

ETA: CB's Verizon phone could have called 911. It would have just switched to the AT&T tower. However, either she didn't know this or she was panicked and just knew from experience that CH's phone worked. This only works for 911 calls, so i am not too surprised she forgot. DW also called 911 en route.

Last edited:
Will cell phone records show when their phones were in range of their wifi? I mean mine is set to pick it up automatically when it comes in range. Will LE be able to see all that?
Our cellular service is awful at home and very spotty in the area. We have our phones set to automatically switch from cellular to WiFi. I can go online and look at the call detail and see where it switched back and forth between cellular and WiFi on the same call when I’m making a call from my home. So I believe LE would have this info available to them when the data comes back.

ETA: I do not live near the Wells. Our WiFi is awful in our area regardless of who your service is with. Our cellular is with AT&T and they push using WiFi as a backup to their spotty service. :rolleyes:

Per google:

With available Wi-Fi connectivity built right into select Subaru vehicles, passengers can stream and share their favorite content online using the 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot. From the moment you start your Subaru, up to eight devices can connect.

I don't know if their Subaru has wifi or not. They do have wifi at home, I remember CW stating that they have had wifi since March.

CW could have been using CH's phone with better reception.
I'm not trying to make excuses for them just looking for a reason.

Last edited:
IMO, all we have to go on are the words stated by DW, and other approved sources in this case. I think we can all agree that DW is a fairly intelligent man, yes? So with that assumption, I assume he does understand the questions being posed to him. Intent is tricky so content seems like the easier thing to discuss, yes? All we know is people have said there were dogs and other people have said there were not dogs and it was apparently important enough to say publicly. IMO.
Re the bolded:
I've watched him talk a lot - I think I've observed every time he's talked.
He looks to me like he listens to the first part of the question and he starts forming his answer immediately. I can practically see the wheels start turning in his head. He's done it several times and then had to come back and finish answering or correct what he said because he didn't listen to the entire question.
IMO

If that information came to him leaked from someone with direct knowledge of the case I’m surprised he would say it so openly and publicly. Not explaining what he believes was in their systems is open ended and can lead to a lot of speculation, anything from nothing (doubtful) to alcohol to a variety of illegal substances.

jmo
DW said publicly that he was clean and CW's showed weed. His own words have invited speculation.
CM's goal is to find a 5-yo child and perhaps someone who lives in that community knows not just what kind of substances but also who provides them and they will phone in a tip. JMO

Per google:

With available Wi-Fi connectivity built right into select Subaru vehicles, passengers can stream and share their favorite content online using the 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot. From the moment you start your Subaru, up to eight devices can connect.

I don't know if their Subaru has wifi or not. They do have wifi at home, I remember CW stating that they have had wifi since March.

CW could have been using CH's phone with better reception.
I'm not trying to make excuses for them just looking for a reason.

This is something I have considered too. You have to subscribe and pay for the service, it’s not free. So it may depend if it was available and active on their Subaru. If it was, the location of the vehicle can be tracked.

CM is former LE with connections all over LE. It's clear that he has inside information if you watch the video I linked. Even if you just start at the 47 minute mark I recommended, you'll hear him discuss knowing other aspects that the public doesn't. The video is long, but only about the first half is about Summer's case. Also keep in mind that he's spoken at length with lots of people related to this case, including CW and DW.
In my opinion, it would be the worst mistake of this case for LE to be sharing inside information with a YouTuber, no matter who they say they are. TBI has said they are not working with him. Hawkins County Sheriff has said not to believe anything unless it comes from them of TBI.

Nope - don't think it happened. And until or if they tell us otherwise, I won't believe it. I'll go with what TBI & Sheriff said (more than once) until they say different. I trust that they know what they're doing.
MOO

bbm
What with all of the LE branches involved in this criminal investigation, it's highly, highly doubtful that they wouldn't haver ferreted this out by now
MOO.
Summer is still missing and there haven't been any arrests so I'm not sure what LE has ferreted out at this point. They haven't said much so far.JMO

Yes, also in A and H's interview with Chris he starts to say something at one point in the retelling and A stops him and says we've been asked not to talk about that. So there is SOMETHING more there that none of us knows about yet. MOO.

IIRC, towards the end A is asked if H is with his father. She says no, he can't go to NY because he has a job and then grandma inserts "but he can't go to work because he's being picked on" Then she gives another reason he can't go is because of the investigation into Summer being missing and goes on to say and another reason but we can't talk about it. Anyone else catch that?

I think it's possible that DW misunderstood when told that the dog's were not barking that day to be instead the dogs were not there that day. JMO.
No, because DW went on to explain that the dogs often run off and stay at other places. So he wasn't talking about them not barking, he was talking about them being somewhere else.

If LE want's information to be made public they have the means to do it themselves. JMO.
I should hope that the combined resources of FBI, FBI CARD, TBI and HCSO between them could muster up these resources and handle an investigation without requiring outside help from psychics or U Tubers.
I imagine that their combines resources and skillsets would grant them proficiency in all fields of inquiry, not to mention their infinite resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo