AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks tclya, now don't I feel like an eejit. Here's me thinking they read out the full coversation 911 was told, I don't know why, most 911 calls are frantic, that would be silly. How long have I been doing this? Do I need to hand my sleuthing card in for a week? :oops:

I adore you my Skib, just let someone try to take your sleuth card, they'll have me to deal with ;)

I'm having a hard time making sense of the timeline we're being given.
According the the dispatch call (which has to be around 6:30 pm) , the parents said Summer was missing for about 10 minutes now. So that would have had to have been somewhere around 6:20.

But in the Thursday press conference, Lindsey Earhardt clearly say that the last time anyone saw Summer was early afternoon (some time between 12 noon and 3 pm).
'Nobody is more frustrated than we are.' TBI provides update in Summer Wells search

Both timelines can't be true. Unless LE doesn't believe what the family is telling them and they are choosing to go with the last time she was seen by a non-family member.

Or maybe I'm just an idiot, and this timeline makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:
You're no idiot....IMO thats a few hours difference. Not 30ish minutes. That's what I can't get passed either.

TENN. (WJHL) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) released a new tool for parents and guardians to assist law enforcement if a child goes missing.

TN KidKit is a resource that provides essential information to law enforcement about a child, and each kit is personalized based on age. These kits aim to speed up the searches for missing children.

Guardians begin by visiting the TN KidKit website and clicking the appropriate age group for their child(ren).

TBI introduces TN KidKit to assist law enforcement with missing children cases | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

I suspect that, as far as LE is concerned, the timeline has shifted. Maybe, because of intensive interviews, they have been able to get more/better information from the parents. If the dispatch call is correct, and the actual 911 calls match what the dispatcher said, they no doubt grilled them pretty heavily for clarification.

I’m sorry I have forgotten whose post it was, but someone mentioned several messages back that perhaps Summer had gone in search of her mother who was taking a walk. That makes sense to me. It’s one reason she would have left the property. She might have been familiar with places her mother usually went if taking a walk was normal. It doesn’t explain why they didn’t see her because I doubt that she would trek off into the woods looking for mom unless there are trails (and no one has mentioned trails).

So many unanswered questions.

jmo

But, if that were the case , it would mean the family waited 3 1/2 hours (or more) to call 911 and report her missing. And how could one of the brothers have seen her shortly before 6 pm ? It just doesn't make sense. Unless, like I said , LE doesn't believe what the family is telling them and so they are going with Summer last being seen between 12 pm and 3 pm because this was the timeframe that she was seen by someone whom they consider a more reliable source.

JMO...I don't know what to make of all this.

Last edited:
what was summer wearing when she went missing?

and that article says all 40 convicted sex offenders WILL be interviewed!! disgusted they weren't already tbh! like on day 2!

I'm pretty sure that the sheriff said during one of the very early new conferences that the SO's in the area had been questioned. I seem to remember his giving that information when answering a reporter's question about SO's. I'll try to find the link. This latest information made me think that they are going to expand the number of SO's they question since before I believe the sheriff was referring to "8 SO's within 2 miles of Summer's home."

ETA: Nope. I can't find the link. In fact, I can only find one link where the sheriff is talking and answering questions. Sorry... I can't verify the sheriff stated they had questioned SO's in the area.

Last edited:
HAs the house been throughout searched ? Maybe she never left ?is there Any space in the basement she could have been accidentally trapped in?
I guess we are running out of ideas! A small child can only walk so far...

I'm pretty sure that the sheriff said during one of the very early new conferences that the SO's in the area had been questioned. I seem to remember his giving that information when answering a reporter's question about SO's. I'll try to find the link. This latest information made me think that they are going to expand the number of SO's they question since before I believe the sheriff was referring to "8 SO's within 2 miles of Summer's home."

There's 54 in Rodgersville itself. There's over 100 something in Hawkin's County.

Then you have ones that haven't offended yet. Those that have, but weren't charged. Somebody visiting people in the vicinity.

Oh yeah and they drive outside their zip codes.

Not geared towards you, Pepper. It's something I have to do when anything about the registry comes up.

But, if that were the case , it would mean the family waited 3 1/2 hours (or more) to call 911 and report her missing. And how could one of the brothers have seen her shortly before 6 pm ? It just doesn't make sense. Unless, like I said , LE doesn't believe what the family is telling them and so they are going with Summer last being seen between 12 pm and 3 pm because this was the timeframe that she was seen by someone whom the consider a more reliable source.

JMO...I don't know what to make of all this.

None of it makes sense. There are way too many inconsistencies.

Curious....but if it's true, why did CW just go for a walk? Was this normal for her to just take random walks, especially as she is healing from surgery/injury? Who was watching the kids? Did Summer try to follow her?

I am starting to think that LE is waiting for someone very close to slip up or just spill. Just my own thoughts.

I'm even more worried that when Summer is found, it won't be good news.
It's more heartbreaking each day.

Ok that is a lot of new information. It made my heart sink. Is this a reliable, respectful news outlet? Is he hinting the 'source' is the TBI? This just seems a lot different to what we heard yesterday. Did they find something in one of the searches? I have so many questions!

I followed Nick's updates on the Joe Clyde Daniels disappearance/case and found him to be reliable!

Ok that is a lot of new information. It made my heart sink. Is this a reliable, respectful news outlet? Is he hinting the 'source' is the TBI? This just seems a lot different to what we heard yesterday. Did they find something in one of the searches? I have so many questions!

Nick covers most of the bigger missing person cases in the state and does "gavel to gavel" coverage w/ great commentary of the trials that follow (most recently the Joe Clyde Daniels case & trial). I definitely think he's reliable but IMO does occasioanlly word things or makes kind of vague statements for "shock value". I think he probably does have some inside info and knows if the case is headed in a certain direction but the way that post was written does bother me a bit o_O

MOO

Nick covers most of the bigger missing person cases in the state and does "gavel to gavel" coverage w/ great commentary of the trials that follow (most recently the Joe Clyde Daniels case & trial). I definitely think he's reliable but IMO does occasioanlly word things or makes kind of vague statements for "shock value". I think he probably does have some inside info and knows if the case is headed in a certain direction but the way that post was written does bother me a bit o_O

MOO

While I don’t feel his post points to a specific person or persons, my interpretation between the lines: foul play in some way, shape or form seems to be the undertone. JMO

HAs the house been throughout searched ? Maybe she never left ?is there Any space in the basement she could have been accidentally trapped in?
I guess we are running out of ideas! A small child can only walk so far...

I thought that way, too. Maybe some sort of crawl space or cubby hole in the house where she fell down between 2 walls or an old, hidden drain, septic tank, cesspool to one of the older structures on the property. In my own yard, I decided to plant a tree and chose an area where there was this little dip in the earth. I thought, good, because water will collect and water the tree. I stepped over that way and my right leg plunged down through the earth almost up to my knee. It ended up being tree stumps and brush, cement chunks and other construction materials that some lazy person had buried rather than dispose of it at the town dump. Obviously there were pockets of air down there. And, other than a little dip, it had grass growing over it and was "invisible." But, our soil here is all sandy... I don't know what TN soil is like. But, I think by now she would have been discovered anyway because she certainly would have been deceased if that had happened and there would be an odor that would be noticeable.

TENN. (WJHL) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) released a new tool for parents and guardians to assist law enforcement if a child goes missing.

TN KidKit is a resource that provides essential information to law enforcement about a child, and each kit is personalized based on age. These kits aim to speed up the searches for missing children.

Guardians begin by visiting the TN KidKit website and clicking the appropriate age group for their child(ren).

TBI introduces TN KidKit to assist law enforcement with missing children cases | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Thanks for sharing this. It makes me think of another “just in case” tool for children & higher risk adults if they go missing. I have never personally seen this utilized. IMO

https://scentevidencek9.com/2017/11/scent-preservation-helping-k9-teams-find-missing-persons/

Home - Scent Evidence K9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member