AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What has the weather been the last few days? How does that impact dogs picking up a scent if there's been a lot of rain. Scary for this little girl, I'm sitting on pause about some of my thoughts after poking around on social media.

I have posted about the weather throughout this. And someone else posted that it has been dry. Mookie? maybe

At this time I'm thinking if she walked out the door of their home and wandered away, the search dogs should have found her ?

Wonder how far away from her house the scent trail led ?
There was a screenshot of the news FB page on a link on page 1 of this thread that specifically mentioned the use of dogs.

Are LE still in a rescue mode or have they started to think recovery ?
:(

I know LE want to find her -- but do they think she's alive somewhere ?
Imo.

<modsnip - no link>

LE hasn't said either way whether they are moving to recovery. But my best guess is that where this is headed. The searches will end in 3 hours, changing the focus of their investigation and re-orientating.

Last edited by a moderator:
These photos give you an idea of the difficult terrain teams are dealing with during the search for 5-year-old Summer Wells. #TNAMBERAlert

View attachment 301113 View attachment 301116 View attachment 301114 View attachment 301115

https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1405623772787392523
I can vouch for the difficulty of searching through that terrain. Years ago we owned 160 acres up in the mountains near Watauga Lake and those pictures could have come from our property. If you think in terms of square miles 160 acres is only about 1/4 mile in each direction. Of course our property was irregularly shaped but you get the idea of walking even a short distance.

On the bright side the little boy in Portugal, Noah, was found alive today after nearly 36 hours, so let's not give up hope for Summer just yet.

<modsnip - no link>

LE hasn't said either way whether they are moving to recovery. But my best guess is that where this is headed. The searches will end in 3 hours, changing the focus of their investigation and re-orintating.
In the last press conference the words used were 'recovery and rehab' - I'm not sure if it was said wrong or a slip of the tongue, just what I heard.

No kid heads into a dense forest with no shoes on their feet. If they tried, the pain would force them to turn back.

And now I'm just gonna sit here and shut up.
And bugs. I don’t know if ticks are a huge deal in TN, but we get them pretty bad where I’m from. None of my 4 kids wanted anything to do with insects of any kind. They all knew by the time they were 4 what ticks are. JMOO

No kid heads into a dense forest with no shoes on their feet. If they tried, the pain would force them to turn back.

And now I'm just gonna sit here and shut up.
I agree but we honestly don't know if she was barefoot. The original post said she was possibly barefoot, as in no one knows and they are potentially relying on the memory of her siblings. I believe the timeline of when she disappeared, what she was actually wearing, who the last person to see her, is still unknown. Publicly anyways. We can't rule out that this girl is miles away from home and holed up somewhere in the woods. However, I do agree the chances of that being the case are growing smaller by the minute.

Since we need to be extremely careful in our sleuthing as we have no named POI's - has anyone checked to see if there are any registered sex offenders in the area? If I remember correctly, registered sex offenders can be discussed within guidelines.

I believe there are approx 140 in this rather sparsely populated area.

Reporters can't even get into the area where she is missing from. LE has it secured. I am tossed about this. To me Summer looks like a tough little girl to be 5 yrs old, she is living in a house full of brothers, most likely pretty much taking care of herself - I sure hope that kicks in and she's a survivor if she lost or been taken. If something else more horrible has happened I have total confidence that LE is going to be getting to the bottom of it soon. I like the Sheriff - this is all about finding Summer and he made that point crystal clear.

https://twitter.com/AshleyWVLT/status/1405624406345408524?s=20

<modsnip - no link>.

LE hasn't said either way whether they are moving to recovery. But my best guess is that where this is headed. The searches will end in 3 hours, changing the focus of their investigation and re-orintating.
bbm
Thanks !
I'd like to find the msm link to that information, as it's important imo to show that Summer may not have walked away from her residence; but only that either her siblings or parents suddenly could not locate her ?

Are there any security cameras in the area showing any vehicles driving by the Well's home ?
Imo.

I thought in the press release he said that dogs had been used the first day and that 4 K-9 units were are "standby." I took that as they are not currently using dogs. I could be wrong though.

I may have misunderstood. At first I read there were 2 canines and later saw reference to 4. I think you are more accurate on this than I am, sorry.

By 8 p.m. Thursday they were expected to have covered a two mile radius on ground, and another four mile radius by air.
“The circumstances surrounding Summer's disappearance remain unclear,” Earhart said. “If we do develop information that she was taken, if we have a suspect and vehicle description, of course we will share that with the public and the media. At this time that's just not the case.”
Coup said ground crews of 80-100 trained professionals have been covering the very rough terrain, with the assistance of helicopter and fixed wing aviation search, multiple drones, and four different K-9 units.
“People continually ask, if she wondered (sic) off, why didn't somebody see her," Coup said. "This part of the community the residences are very spread out. Some being from one hilltop to another hilltop, or at the start of a road, and you may go a mile back before you every get to another residence. That's making it very [hard] for residents who happened to be at home, outside working, to be able to notice her leaving that area.”
Watch now: Search for missing Hawkins child expands to 2 mile radius of rough terrain

AT&T and Verizon have both brought cell phone boosters. Summer lives with her mom and dad and three brothers - 8, 11, and 12.

Last edited:
Rogersville is an hour from where I live. I think LE know more than they are saying. I’m just hoping she is found safe but I have a bad feeling. No exact time of when she was seen, who saw her last, where she was last seen…. I have seen so many different answers to these questions.

bbm
Thanks !
I'd like to find the msm link to that information, as it's important imo to show that Summer may not have walked away from her residence; but only that either her siblings or parents suddenly could not locate her ?

Are there any security cameras in the area showing any vehicles driving by the Well's home ?
Imo.
Or trail cams? Somebody must hunt in that area? Hopefully…MOO

Yes that is true, I remember the search for Noah. Ok, so if she made it outside that radius and is unharmed, how long do they have to find her before it's too late? It's been dry I read, no rain. Lows of around 50 degrees at night? A quick Google brought me to this Could Your Child Survive Alone in the Woods?

Two Sisters aged 5 and 8 survived 44 hours (in freezing temps). It may help to know exactly what time Summer was last seen leaving the house, but we don't have that. The Sheriff said she was reported missing at 18:30 so we are at just over 45 hours.

That is heart warming but somehow I doubt little girl has any provisions or training. And may it prompt those of us who have need of it to prepare and teach the children well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand