AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard anyone saying that children don't play in the yard barefoot. That's pretty common. What isn't common , from my point of view , is a child deciding to walk barefoot in this kind of rugged terrain. My property backs up to 650,00 acres of Cherokee National Forest...I'm an avid hiker...and I couldn't traverse the deep woods on my property barefoot. The yard, the pasture, the orchard, sure. The woods ? NO WAY !

But that's just me.

Several people expressed surprise that she was gardening barefoot.

Article about a 3 yr old you survived lost for 3 days. Scroll halfway down and it talks about distances children will go on foot if lost depending on their age. Gave me a little hope.
Lost & Found: How a Three-Year-Old Survived 52 Hours in the Woods (and How You Can Too)

I'm keeping the faith !!!! I think that's all that's holding the parents together. The father looks emotionally exhausted and the mother can't even look up in the interview.

Here's a few, Hallelujah stories ....

Kenny Howard <2 year old, wondered off, found on a ledge.
Found Safe - KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

A boy who was lost in the woods says a bear kept him company. No one can prove it didn't happen. | CNN

We may never know what Casey Hathaway was doing during the three days he was missing.

He was found on Thursday, cold but alive, in a mess of vines and thorns in Craven County, North Carolina.

But the 3-year-old has volunteered one noteworthy detail about those days in the woods: a bear kept him company.

I can't find the thread but the 2 girls, I think Kentucky or TN, in the mountains that wandered off. We had a WS members husband on the search team. The older sister used skills from camping. I wanna say they were both under six.

Moo....

But was he at home when she actually went missing, that's what I'm unclear on. He talks about what Mom and Grandma were doing, what the boys were doing , what Summer was doing, etc etc. But he never mentions what he was doing when she went missing. So it just makes me wonder...was he at home ? Was he at work and when he got home they went looking for her ?
TN AMBER Alert: Summer Wells' father describes evening of Rogersville girl's disappearance
According to the interview you linked (see above), at 3:51 min., the father is asked by the reporter:
Reporter: "Are they (LE) asking anything of you, other than who you might suspect, or situations you might suspect?"
Summer's Father: "Yeah. I mean . . . unfortunately, I'm at work all the time."

This still does not tell us whether or not he was home when she disappeared.

I'm keeping the faith !!!! I think that's all that's holding the parents together. The father looks emotionally exhausted and the mother can't even look up in the interview.

Here's a few, Hallelujah stories ....

Kenny Howard <2 year old, wondered off, found on a ledge.
Found Safe - KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

A boy who was lost in the woods says a bear kept him company. No one can prove it didn't happen. | CNN

We may never know what Casey Hathaway was doing during the three days he was missing.

He was found on Thursday, cold but alive, in a mess of vines and thorns in Craven County, North Carolina.

But the 3-year-old has volunteered one noteworthy detail about those days in the woods: a bear kept him company.

I can't find the thread but the 2 girls, I think Kentucky or TN, in the mountains that wandered off. We had a WS members husband on the search team. The older sister used skills from camping. I wanna say they were both under six.

Moo....
bbm
Re. the bolded :
Are you saying there's an interview with both of Summer's parents ?
Tia.

Update: As of 2:30pm, Summer Wells is still missing. @TBInvestigation says there are two aspects of the massive operation: the search and the investigation. @TBILeslie said to "rest assured" that "all avenues are being explored." 85 tips as of this afternoon to the TBI.

https://twitter.com/JoshSmithWJHL/status/1405957495705702400

Capt. Tim Coup, Hawkins Co. Rescue: Dive teams and extreme terrain teams are now on the search as well as USAR (urban search and rescue teams). A total of 41 agencies are involved in the search. They expect to cover 1000 acres by the end of the day.

https://twitter.com/JoshSmithWJHL/status/1405957496615931911

From @SheriffLawson: after more than 4 decades in law enforcement, says he's never seen such an outpouring of public support. Says all potential scenarios are being considered.

https://twitter.com/JoshSmithWJHL/status/1405957497714884613

Several people expressed surprise that she was gardening barefoot.

Yes I was inquiring about her shoes and referenced gardening.
However it was first reported in links at beginning of thread Summer was barefoot possibly walking down road. She's only 5 and surely her little feet aren't calloused over where a road wouldn't burn them or risk of being injured in the woods.

Maybe I should have been more clear :)

MOO

Sheriff Lawson: all personal property that's been searched has been a "consent" search. @TBInvestigation again urged anyone who saw Summer Wells in person or on video the day of her disappearance to call 1-800-TBI-FIND. @TBILeslie urged people not to share speculation or rumors.

https://twitter.com/JoshSmithWJHL/status/1405958216744378368

Police say they have not executed a single search warrant. Everyone has willingly agreed to allow police to search their buildings, etc
@news5wcyb

E4L3qxEX0AM0txS.jpg

https://twitter.com/WCYB_Quon/status/1405958366497812487

Yes I was inquiring about her shoes and referenced gardening.
However it was first reported in links at beginning of thread Summer was barefoot possibly walking down road. She's only 5 and surely her little feet aren't calloused over where a road wouldn't burn them or risk of being injured in the woods.

Maybe I should have been more clear :)

MOO

No problem, maybe I misunderstood!

Hawkins County rescue squad has just posted a request for a variety of soft drinks and canned chili to be brought in.

(20+) Facebook
Had to chuckle....

Seems we always eat when there is a search, kidnapping, fire or any emergency. Folks in the rural south bring tons of food, snack, drinks etc to staging areas, church groups open the fellowship hall, cook, make sandwiches, collect donations, serve as a respite for volunteers or shuttle food to search teams, family.
It always makes me feel comfort. When the Hendricks Racing Team plane crashed in our area, I cooked for days. They had so much food, folks donated new chain saws, gas cards, 4 wheelers anything they needed.

I'm sure they'll get chill and a lot more.
Moo....

Keeping the faith!!!

Last edited:
Dive teams YAY!!!! & they are really rapidly increasing the acreage covered each day! Hawkins county is destitute. I so wish I had a way to donate to the rescue squad. I not only would have the items they requested but also 4 food boxes of commodoties.

Had to chuckle....

Seems we always eat when there is a search, kidnapping, fire or any emergency. Folks in the rural south bring tons of food, snack, drinks etc to staging areas, church groups open the fellowship hall, cook, make sandwiches, collect donations, serve as a respite for volunteers or shuttle food to search teams, family.
It always makes me feel comfort.I'm. When the Hendricks plane crash in our area, I cooked for days. They had so much food, folks donated new chain saws, gas cards, 4 wheelers anything they needed.

Moo....

Keeping the faith!!!

I am a southern implant or maybe just finally found my way home but we seem to be thinking along the same lines. I could do some chicken divan, potato casserole, peach casserole, fresh salads and who knows what else. All I need is a ride.

Compassion before condemnation.

Had to chuckle....

It always makes me feel comfort. When the Hendricks plane crash in our area, I cooked for days. They had so much food, folks donated new chain saws, gas cards, 4 wheelers anything they needed.

Moo....

Keeping the faith!!!

There is nothing like a church-lady breakfast at a multi-day search. :)

TN AMBER Alert: Summer Wells' father describes evening of Rogersville girl's disappearance
According to the interview you linked (see above), at 3:51 min., the father is asked by the reporter:
Reporter: "Are they (LE) asking anything of you, other than who you might suspect, or situations you might suspect?"
Summer's Father: "Yeah. I mean . . . unfortunately, I'm at work all the time."

This still does not tell us whether or not he was home when she disappeared.

<modsnip>
What i find interesting is they ask him "who he might suspect,"?

<modsnip> I would love to see the full transcript.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dive teams YAY!!!! & they are really rapidly increasing the acreage covered each day! Hawkins county is destitute. I so wish I had a way to donate to the rescue squad. I not only would have the items they requested but also 4 food boxes of commodoties.
I have been wondering this entire time why they hadn't brought in divers yet. It occurred to me during the presser that maybe they are just now doing it because they've exhausted other options. As in, they were focusing efforts on areas with the best possible outcome as opposed to one that is not likely to have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenae