AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The audio sucks (it's a telephone interview) but definitely worth listening to!

The father's statements are compelling - he was at work when Summer disappeared. He explains a lot about the family's background and why they moved to Tennessee, etc.. He also mentions his wife's sister who went missing years ago. He expressed concern for Summer around 8:36. Interesting.

The fact that both mom and grandma were present when Summer disappeared makes it hard to believe that something bad happened at the house. However IMO she wasn't abducted. But who the heck knows. Where is Summer??

He is convinced that she has been abducted, imo. He never mentions that she could be out in the woods and lost. I don't understand why he's so convinced that she's been taken....

There are dive teams searching numerous ponds and streams looking for Summer Wells, 5, in the Hawkins County area. By the end of today, search crews hope to have search 1,000 acres surrounding her home where she was last seen.

E4MqaODWUAQJL3M.jpg

https://twitter.com/AshleyWVLT/status/1406014141865861121

Teams continue to search the area surrounding the residence where 5-year-old Summer Wells went missing, utilizing all available resources. In addition to air and land searches, ponds and creeks are also being checked. Call 1-800-TBI-FIND with information. #TNAMBERAlert

E4Ms1EPX0AAC0lB.jpg E4Ms1EPXoAMGffW.jpg E4Ms1PjWUAMYuDt.jpg

https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1406016907271151618

The father's statements are compelling - he was at work when Summer disappeared. He explains a lot about the family's background and why they moved to Tennessee, etc.. He also mentions his wife's sister who went missing years ago. He expressed concern for Summer around 8:36. Interesting.

The fact that both mom and grandma were present when Summer disappeared makes it hard to believe that something bad happened at the house. However IMO she wasn't abducted. But who the heck knows. Where is Summer??

Who is saying both mom and grandma were there? The initial report was just mom and the boys. The story has changed? Hard to know which "facts" to believe.

What happened to you, lil' Summer? Where'd you go and how did you get there?

I wonder if LE has had the opportunity to speak one-on-one w/ each family member? How would that look with minor children? Can they be interviewed alone or with a child advocate? I can't help but wonder whether one or some of the boys have something they'd like to discuss, but may not be comfortable speaking about in front of an adult or sibling.

Another question I have is whether the search dogs picked up Summer's scent near where she was gardening with mom & grandma? Seems besides the scent leading from the basement door (where dad says she left out of) to the road (where dad says the trail stopped), the area(s) where Summer was gardening would likely have the freshest (newest) scent trail, correct? I might have missed this tidbit, but have they used cadaver dogs?

Finally, I'd be interested to hear whether LE has searched any areas in the nearest towns. I can't help but think that "if" Summer was taken from the property by someone in a vehicle, hence her scent stopping at the roadway, maybe they can find her somewhere in town. It would be nice to know how many dumpsters and dumpsites there are in the area, even illegal ones.

Yes, I believe that as long as they have parental permission, LE can interview the minor children. The children can decline, however, even if parents consent. I believe that one of the LE present at the press conference either today or yesterday said that everyone has been compliant and they haven’t had to get search warrants, so from that I would personally assume that they’ve allowed the kids to be interviewed if LE requested to do that.

I also haven’t heard mention of cadaver dogs but I believe that there are/were SAR dogs on standby. Not sure if they’ve been more actively used today or not.

MOO

I am sick.

He is convinced that she has been abducted, imo. He never mentions that she could be out in the woods and lost. I don't understand why he's so convinced that she's been taken....

I suspect he feels that way due to his previous comments about a dog(s??) tracking her scent to the road where it abruptly ended.

Perhaps he suspects someone took opportunity to snag her from the roadway unseen and un-noticed (ie: snuck up, got her, slinked away unseen)IMO.

No idea if the dogs he's referring to were police dogs or family pets.

It is hellish, steep, well-carpeted ground and air cover, terrain about there though from what I've seen posted and stated. Perhaps she fell down one of those steep embankments and is severly injured/unable to respond to any searchers. But then, the dogs would have tracked that way I would think.

If dad's statement on her being tracked to the road is credible, and I've not seen LE confirm OR deny such a thing [you'd think a good reporter would be all over the police asking them to confirm/deny that statement], I am fearful that dad is correct and that does not bode well for Summer. I'm hoping she's lost and will be found soon!

Last edited:
TBI: 85 tips received on Summer Wells investigation | WATE 6 On Your Side

[...]

Rescue teams are now on the third day in the search for Summer Wells, a 5-year-old that went missing in Hawkins County on Tuesday.

[...]

Summer’s father, [DW], said he is grateful for their efforts and everyone in the community is doing what they can to help find his daughter.

[...]

[DW] said for the first time publicly that the outpouring of love and support is overwhelming, “We just really appreciate everyone trying to help, law enforcement all these volunteers that are here. I’ve never seen anything like this in my entire life.”

He said he’s leaning on his faith through this difficult time. “I just hope that God and His mercies will bring Summer home to us.”

[...]

Hawkins County Sheriff, Ronnie Lawson asked the public not to help in the search, “We got trained professionals in the woods. We know exactly where they are, how they’re doing, and we check on them routinely. We know how many is out there, who’s out there, and we know when they come back. If the general public helps then we won’t know that they’re out there and we could lose somebody else.”

[...]

The community has created a prayer garden at a church near the search efforts. Its that type of love and support [DW] said he is grateful for. He just wants to see that his daughter is safe.

“Please let Summer be okay. Please come home,” [DW] pleaded.

I was on board with everything Dad was saying, felt like he was telling the truth. But then at the end, he kept saying he didn't have much hope of her being alive and I thought that was odd. As a parent, I'd keeping hoping even after everyone else had stopped. But that's just me.

Here's something that stands out to me as not making sense as a parent of many small kids who play outside all the time in a huge yard without much in the way of neighbors nearby. It's odd to me that Summer would ask for permission essentially to go back in her house and mom would be watching her to ensure she goes in the house. Then she supposedly specifies to her brothers that she wants to go play in the basement. Again it's almost asking for permission to do so. BUT she alerts no one and asks no ones permission to leave the basement and go off outside and go to who knows where?

My kids know to ask permission to go outside. They don't need to ask permission to play in the basement with their toys unless they are supposed to be doing something else.

My kids would never need to ask permission to go in the house or even think to ask permission. It's always assumed you can go back in your own house without asking permission. Kids constantly need a potty break, a glass of water, some random change of clothing etc. A kid who is used to playing barefoot outside in the yard and getting dirty and having fun out there is just not the kind of kid who needs to ask permission from mom to return to the house and mom needs to watch and ensure she sees her walk in the house.

Needing to ask to go in the house. Needing to ask to go in the basement all represent a level of really strict watchfulness that just doesn't fit with a kid who also would just leave the house without asking or notifying anyone. It really doesn't fit all that well with a rural kid to begin with in my experience. But to ask permission to do all these basic things and then supposedly wander off deep in the woods OR wander off to the road unasked and close enough for someone to be nearby and abduct her just seems odd.

IMOO... Most parents are convinced the child just didn't walk away. They just won't leave home. Not the case, I posted up thread a case of a 22 month old, traveled 1/4 mike over steep treacherous terrain and was found on a ledge.

I notice the dad said ...she loves the outside , just had to be outside.

Moo...I do believe she walked away, became distracted and lost. The problems with lost kids, they keep on the move and only stop when trapped on a ledge, brush or have no where to move to.

The dad took a lie detector test, been in the community 13 years, owns land, goes to church, being a small community I'm sure LE has a good idea of him.

LE is pulling out all the stops, dive teams, air support, thermal imaging, physically walking grid search. Over 44 agencies, large percentage are volunteer rescue and fire depts, state and federal agencies. Moo..LE believes she's in the woods.

Age 6, my cousin and I walked into the woods, after lunch one day. 2 mamas, 2 grannies and 4 aunts all killing, cleaning, freezing chickens. They didn't notice we were gone til they called us to set the table for supper. It happens, they thought we were at our play house, nope we were deep in the woods, bare foot. Growing up in the county, I total understand how she could of walked outside, saw an animal, followed it and the next thing she's lost.

All MOO....praying SW is found soon.

Here's something that stands out to me as not making sense as a parent of many small kids who play outside all the time in a huge yard without much in the way of neighbors nearby. It's odd to me that Summer would ask for permission essentially to go back in her house and mom would be watching her to ensure she goes in the house. Then she supposedly specifies to her brothers that she wants to go play in the basement. Again it's almost asking for permission to do so. BUT she alerts no one and asks no ones permission to leave the basement and go off outside and go to who knows where?

My kids know to ask permission to go outside. They don't need to ask permission to play in the basement with their toys unless they are supposed to be doing something else.

My kids would never need to ask permission to go in the house or even think to ask permission. It's always assumed you can go back in your own house without asking permission. Kids constantly need a potty break, a glass of water, some random change of clothing etc. A kid who is used to playing barefoot outside in the yard and getting dirty and having fun out there is just not the kind of kid who needs to ask permission from mom to return to the house and mom needs to watch and ensure she sees her walk in the house.

Needing to ask to go in the house. Needing to ask to go in the basement all represent a level of really strict watchfulness that just doesn't fit with a kid who also would just leave the house without asking or notifying anyone. It really doesn't fit all that well with a rural kid to begin with in my experience. But to ask permission to do all these basic things and then supposedly wander off deep in the woods OR wander off to the road unasked and close enough for someone to be nearby and abduct her just seems odd.
I'm thinking she wanted to help with the flowers but got bored, so she was asking like "can I be done now, can I go inside" only because she had originally begged to help garden or something. MOO

I believe the dad. MOO
So far I believe him too. It bothers me a little that he feels she was abducted but we haven't heard anything along the line of "If you have my daughter please find it in your heart to return her to us." That being said, not everyone is going to act the same way or say the same things in sad situations. There are so many possible scenarios that I personally haven't had any gut feelings about what I think happened to Summer.

I'm thinking she wanted to help with the flowers but got bored, so she was asking like "can I be done now, can I go inside" only because she had originally begged to help garden or something. MOO

See my kids wouldn't ask permission to be done helping with something like that either. lol They'd just take off. At that age they are super distracted all the time and aren't going to focus on any long term task even if they asked to help to begin with.

But still why would she ask to come in the house, ask to play with her toys and then not ask to leave the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch