Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Chanler!! Looks like Schaffer appears as PD on the record 09/19/08. Who knows how long these shows take to edit and get on the air unless they are live. Where I was going with my theory was that she was operating as her own agent prior to having legal counsel, lol.

Hi, Knox, thanks for your note. I think that you're right about the time lapse: There's also the factor of prison paperwork and processing.

Jodi is singular: The negative side of her apparently mild demeanor is her self-assuredness; her sense that she can navigate her way to safe port.

If she had planned to sabotage herself, she couldn't have done a better job: She's presented contradictory stories, each of which sounds implausible given the facts. And we haven't even seen the police video(s) of her interrogation! (The police seem to have let her knot her own noose: When she gave her first post-arrest interview, she didn't seem to know that the forensics and camera times would link her so closely to the death scene.)

I think that it's unlikely that she will be sentenced to death, though she's certainly driving hard and fast in that direction.

I can just imagine the detectives look of glee when they saw those interviews. A present from the gods had just been dropped in their laps ...

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092009/m3890661.pdf

hmmm, wonder who is visiting her that they don't want anyone to know, or is this just standard practice in the US?

Next court date is September 25 and they they are requesting oral argument be heard in conjunction with the capital case management conference?

Also, I have a question, as I'm unfamiliar with Arizona Law, will the joint case management report be available to the general public? I have noticed in Florida, their "sunshine law" makes almost evrything available to the general public (which I still find odd, and wonder how they get an impartial jury - though that's another discussion for another time! LOL)

TIA

Thanks Nobodyzgirl!! If I had to venture a guess, I would think the defense is trying to protect Jodi's visitor's identity's so the State can not call them as a witness at trial. I so wish we knew WHO was visiting though!

Chanler can correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Capital Case/Case Management Conferences have been occuring all long. The upcoming one on the 25th is just a another routine matter leading up to the trial. We may see the details of the motion though.

Time is ticking down, I believe the trial will start as scheduled. The judge has been pretty vocal about the timelines and warning the defense to be timely in their responses and reviews of documents.

Thanks Knox for the information, I appreciate it. I'd love to know who is visiting her though, her family and friends have been very quiet throughout it all. It would be great to know who is visiting her. I'll be keeping my eye on the court minutes after the case management conference to see if any new information creeps into the documents.

I hope the trial starts as scheduled, I'm really am curious to see how her counsel tries and defends her, there seems to be an overwhelming amount of evidence piled up against her.

Delaney said she would attend the trial if the timing for her Arizona visit worked out. Be nice to have boots on ground ... Hoping she'll take notes and post every night.

Delaney said she would attend the trial if the timing for her Arizona visit worked out. Be nice to have boots on ground ... Hoping she'll take notes and post every night.

That would be great if she did attend. I'm actually following a trial in London, Ontario right now, and someone from the local newspaper tweets what's going on during the trial (which is in it's 4th month now), and it's almost as good as being there because you get way more information then what is reported in the newspaper.

I'm hoping tomorrow we hear some new information from her court appearance/date.

You good folks are just wonderful. For the time being, working multiple deadlines, I feel a bit out of the loop, but I thank you for keeping me alerted.

It would be great if some one from here could attend the trial.

As for the visitation disclosure lists, I imagine that the defense wants to keep secret the strategies that they're contemplating. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if Jodi is being interviewed by at least one psychiatrist. I don't think that they will maintain that she is insane; rather, I think it more likely that after the terrible struggle, she was jolted into some kind of post-traumatic stress. I like Knox's suggestion that the defense might want to keep the prosecution in the dark about visitors who might be called to testify against Arias. (Witnesses who were first called by one side and then testified for the other can make very strong impressions on juries.)

The prosecution might be alert to repeat visitors who might testify for Jodi. Although Jodi was by all accounts the only witness to Travis's murder, the defense might be interested in friends who might claim that Jodi had a relatively mature relationship with Travis. (I wouldn't be surprised that some of her friends did think this; she seems to have led a compartmentalized life.)

In any case, I should close up shop and say good night---and thanks again.

So.. There's been a bit of, "dead" time over at MDS.. pun totally intended.
Anyway.. I just recently stumbled across this here website.

I'm actually a high school friend of Jodi's and I do know of a few other mutual friends, who have gone out to visit with her.

I'm gonna play, "psychic" for a minute and answer a couple questions before they are asked.. But, I would have never pegged her to be capable of such a horrible crime.. And honestly, based on the evidence that we, (as in the public) know.. I have to shake my Magic 8 Ball and say, "Outlook Not So Good". A few of the betterfriends with Jodi that I've spoken to, all pretty much feel the same way. It just goes to show.. You NEVER really KNOW somebody.

I recently watched the 48 hours episode again, *for the 3rd time* and my mouth still continues to hang, wide open.

I'm patiently awaiting the trial, as with everyone else and am REALLY hoping for it to be televised. But I'll just continue to wait and watch the progress, courtdate by courtdate. Docket by docket.

Anyway.. Glad I stumbled upon this site.. And Delaney, if you are able to sit in for the actual proceedings.. it would be great to have an inside source to feed us reports and keep us content =)

Welcome to WS, SheStartedIt. :)

It's going to be intresting to see what happens at the trial. The 48 Hours episode was a jaw dropper.

Welcome to WS SheStartedIt!

You are definitely right about never actually knowing someone. It must have been quite a shock to you and her other friends when you heard about what happened. I'm curious to see how her lawyers defend all her inconsistencies with each and every interview that took place. I do have a question for you SheStartedIt, if you don't mind answering. Was Jodi possessive with her boyfriends, and did she ever show any type of jealousy if they talked to other women?

I know she has a capital case management conference today, so hopefully, once the minutes are filed, it will shed some new light for us to discuss.

IMO the state has a pretty solid open-and-shut case, and it wouldn't surprise me if she's seen a pyschiatrist. I can't see the defence going with the insanity plea (and I honestly doubt, from what we've seen in interviews from Jodi) that she would let it happen. I would think that it would be mainly her lawyers, pyschiatrists, family and close friends that are visiting her, and like you said Chanler, she was the only witness to what happened to Travis, and I just don't see her cracking and confessing to any of her friends or family.

So.. There's been a bit of, "dead" time over at MDS.. pun totally intended.
Anyway.. I just recently stumbled across this here website.

I'm actually a high school friend of Jodi's and I do know of a few other mutual friends, who have gone out to visit with her.

I'm gonna play, "psychic" for a minute and answer a couple questions before they are asked.. But, I would have never pegged her to be capable of such a horrible crime.. And honestly, based on the evidence that we, (as in the public) know.. I have to shake my Magic 8 Ball and say, "Outlook Not So Good". A few of the betterfriends with Jodi that I've spoken to, all pretty much feel the same way. It just goes to show.. You NEVER really KNOW somebody.

I recently watched the 48 hours episode again, *for the 3rd time* and my mouth still continues to hang, wide open.

I'm patiently awaiting the trial, as with everyone else and am REALLY hoping for it to be televised. But I'll just continue to wait and watch the progress, courtdate by courtdate. Docket by docket.

Anyway.. Glad I stumbled upon this site.. And Delaney, if you are able to sit in for the actual proceedings.. it would be great to have an inside source to feed us reports and keep us content =)

Hi, SheStartedIt, and welcome to this community. I have a question? What was Jodi like in high school? Was she involved in extracurricular activities? Outgoing? Self-directed? Quiet or interactive? Flirtatious? What did other people think of her?

I'm just looking for any keys to her personality.

P.S. In response to your very honest reactions: I think that very few people are full-time homicidal thinkers, especially in this kind of crime. I don't think that Jodi's "good side" was illusory; I think that her killing thoughts were like a fast-spreading disease that took over, perhaps within a very short period. After that, it was just damage control.

I think that her anger towards Travis was festering because he quite willingly had sex with her repeatedly and then rejected her as a possible mate because she was sexually active. As Knox noted earlier, in an interview, she said that Travis knew how to push all her buttons; I think that finally she had had enough. That they had sex just before she murdered him served as a kind of coup de grace.

:Welcome-12-june: SheStartedIt

Hi, and welcome to the forum, it is awesome when posters take the time

to share inside information with us.

I'm going to my Queen Creek home next Friday, and as promised I will

do my best to attend and report from the trial.

Hi SheStartedIt,

By MDS you mean mydeathspace.com? I read there once in a while, but noticed the thread on Jodi disappeared? What is the opinion of Jodi's family? Are they standing by her?

Nothing posted yet on the hearing held Friday ...

Hi SheStartedIt,

By MDS you mean mydeathspace.com? I read there once in a while, but noticed the thread on Jodi disappeared? What is the opinion of Jodi's family? Are they standing by her?

This link is to MDS and it shows a post from today:

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=drppas663ci737jd066g0g36n7&topic=16212.3880

(I have it in my bookmarks, does this link work for you? It's title is "Jodi Arias shot and stabbed her boyfriend Travis Alexander".)

Hi SheStartedIt,

I've been checking daily and don't see anything posted yet either. Hopefully they will have something posted in the next couple of days.

Motion to Continue Trial Date was denied-
Court found no conflict exists at this time. Given the preparation that has been done by previous counsel and the time remaining between now and the current last day ...
Go Judge McMurdie, way to keep em on schedule!!!!

Capital Case Management Conference-
Discussion re; Defendant's request for Additional discovery Relating to DNA Evidence.

The Court notes that the case file has been disclosed by the State, but the State has requested the additional DNA evidence.

Therefore, IT IS ORDERED that the State disclose the additional DNA evidence on or before October 16, 2009.

Discussion is held re: Defendant’s Motion to Set Capital Case for Trial Beyond Current Last Day of March 3, 2010.

IT IS ORDERED forwarding this Motion to the Criminal Presiding Judge, Judge Donahoe, for further ruling.

Argument is heard on Defendant’s Motion to Prohibit the State from Viewing and/or Accessing Jail Visitation Records.

Based on the arguments presented, IT IS ORDERED prohibiting the State or any member of the State’s staff from viewing and/or accessing the jail visitation records. If the State wants to review the records, the State
shall submit them to the Court for an in camera inspection.

Discussion is held re: previous court order issued on 08/07/2009 regarding handwriting exemplars from Defendant.

IT IS ORDERED affirming the previous ruling with respect to the handwriting exemplars from Defendant.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting the next Capital Case Management Conference on November 13, 2009 at 8:30 a.m. in this division.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that a Joint Case Management Report shall be submitted to this division no less than two working days before the Case Management Conference.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED affirming Trial Management Conference set on January 29, 2010 and Trial set on February 2, 2010.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED affirming prior custody orders.

Back later to discuss the bolded text ...

Motion to Continue Trial Date was denied-
Court found no conflict exists at this time. Given the preparation that has been done by previous counsel and the time remaining between now and the current last day ...
Go Judge McMurdie, way to keep em on schedule!!!!

Capital Case Management Conference-
Discussion re; Defendant's request for Additional discovery Relating to DNA Evidence.
The Court notes that the case file has been disclosed by the State, but the State has requested the additional DNA evidence.

Therefore, IT IS ORDERED that the State disclose the additional DNA evidence on or before October 16, 2009.

Discussion is held re: Defendant’s Motion to Set Capital Case for Trial Beyond Current Last Day of March 3, 2010.

IT IS ORDERED forwarding this Motion to the Criminal Presiding Judge, Judge Donahoe, for further ruling.

Argument is heard on Defendant’s Motion to Prohibit the State from Viewing and/or Accessing Jail Visitation Records.

Based on the arguments presented, IT IS ORDERED prohibiting the State or any member of the State’s staff from viewing and/or accessing the jail visitation records. If the State wants to review the records, the State
shall submit them to the Court for an in camera inspection.

Discussion is held re: previous court order issued on 08/07/2009 regarding handwriting exemplars from Defendant.

IT IS ORDERED affirming the previous ruling with respect to the handwriting exemplars from Defendant.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting the next Capital Case Management Conference on November 13, 2009 at 8:30 a.m. in this division.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that a Joint Case Management Report shall be submitted to this division no less than two working days before the Case Management Conference.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED affirming Trial Management Conference set on January 29, 2010 and Trial set on February 2, 2010.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED affirming prior custody orders.

Back later to discuss the bolded text ...

Hi, Knox, and thanks for this fascinating information. It seems like the judge doesn't want the case to wallow in pre-trial consultations.

The request for additional DNA evidence might be a request for more sophisticated tests to fortify the prosecution case. With each new piece, Jodi is locked tighter and tighter in the crime. (As time goes on, it seems to me more and more than Jodi will have to testify. For one thing, she's already given multiple versions of what happened. And for another, the jury will want to know why her DNA and naked pictures appeared at the crime scene. I'd love to see the cross-examination: With her multiple stories, she's painted herself into a proverbial corner.)

The passage about the handwriting exemplar is fascinating: The defense got the order in early August and they still haven't delivered on a simple request. (It's not as if Jodi has a busy schedule.) Procrastination like this doesn't win judicial favor.

The question, of course, is what the prosecution have in Jodi's handwriting that might help their case. It could be a note or notes found at Travis' or a "to-do" list related to the crime or even a journal. (Mormons have a wonderful long tradition of keeping journals.)

Welcome to WS SheStartedIt!

You are definitely right about never actually knowing someone. It must have been quite a shock to you and her other friends when you heard about what happened. I'm curious to see how her lawyers defend all her inconsistencies with each and every interview that took place. I do have a question for you SheStartedIt, if you don't mind answering. Was Jodi possessive with her boyfriends, and did she ever show any type of jealousy if they talked to other women?

I know she has a capital case management conference today, so hopefully, once the minutes are filed, it will shed some new light for us to discuss.

IMO the state has a pretty solid open-and-shut case, and it wouldn't surprise me if she's seen a pyschiatrist. I can't see the defence going with the insanity plea (and I honestly doubt, from what we've seen in interviews from Jodi) that she would let it happen. I would think that it would be mainly her lawyers, pyschiatrists, family and close friends that are visiting her, and like you said Chanler, she was the only witness to what happened to Travis, and I just don't see her cracking and confessing to any of her friends or family.

sorry it took me a while to respond.. our internet has temporarily crashed and burned...

But you know, I don't ever remember Jodi dating anyone in high school... And she kind of fell off the radar, until I saw her again a few years back. So, that would be hard for me to say.. But, I asked one of my friends the same question, (she knew Jodi a lot better than I did) and she said her behavior with anyone she was dating, was never anything out of the ordinary.

But then, I read on another site that this girl, who was a friend of a guy Jodi used to date.. Was at this man's house, and that they saw Jodi stalking and peering through the window.

And then AGAIN.. There is also some crazy lunatic, trolling the internet, claiming to be Jodi's best friend and yelling her innocence from rooftops. heh.

The lines are blurred.

But yes, overall.. The news of this, was COMPLETELY shocking.
All of my friend's I've spoken with, just can't believe it.
And of course we'd like NOT to believe it.. But the evidence makes it difficult to think otherwise.

All in all.. Justice will prevail, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic