Travis Alexander's Journals and text messages

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I see where he was hanging onto her, but I don't see where it was anything more than a normal inability to stop responding. Notice how Lisa has STOPPED everything, just about. He should have done that with Jodi.

I love Travis. I was telling my mom how weird it is to meet a dead man and care about him. I really do like him and as if I'm reading a novel, I'm wishing it will turn out differently. I know it won't.

Anyways, I say that as a preface to saying that I see his shortcomings with women. I don't see them as abnormal shortcomings. I see him as an average male. Maybe he's doing "wrong" by "mormon standards," but he's a good guy. Sorry, was a good guy.

The reason I feel he led Jodi on is because when a person is THAT into you, well, you can't return calls. You can't talk in the middle of the night. You can't go on trips. You can't trade cars. You can't do it because ANYTHING you do signals hope and feeds that attraction. Lisa was immature in December 2007 on her texts, but she was right when she kept saying they had to stop feeding it. She was only 19 o 20, so I don't say she was immature to take anything from her. I'm a 42 year old whose reading her thoughts, so I'm gonna think she's immature with my 22 year experience on her at the time.

Travis' biggest problem was still interacting. I'm not sure why he kept doing that. And he was getting oral sex from her. From what I read, there are plenty of nice girls he could have pursued more. Forget Mimi. I don't like her so far. But I like Chitanya. I like this new girl, Elyse, too. I like her a lot, so far. I'm on the last day of March. And Elyse is showing genuine interest, unlike Mimi.

You can tell from the texts that Chaitanya is genuinely interested, and fun! Elyse is genuinely interested, and Lisa was, too. Mimi--I see no texts from her hardly. I do not understand what made her the "wife" all of a sudden. I really don't. Maybe she's just a phone call type of girl?

Anyways, I notice that Travis told Jodi to get rid of her mom and Jodi did it. I don't think he meant it seriously, but she still did it.

What I didn't like that Travis did was to put Chiatanya and Jodi in the same hotel room in OKC. That made no sense to me. I was upset with him for that. I was also upset with him for telling everyone that he is trying to get rid of Jodi, but at the same time, asking her where she is and bring him his wallet and his batteries. If he didn't want her around, he should have told her to find her own way to the conference. I guess he told Skye that he was using Jodi, but that was a mistake. It just fed her issues.

He wasn't perfect, but he was a good guy. I'm very sorry he made these mistakes because it cost him his life. So dumb that it had to cost him his life.

I'm reading through the March 08 texts. Not even halfway through and I see Travis talking to friends, inviting them over for cookie bakes, MMA events, and breakfasts. Jodi is never invited. It's her texting him about being bored at work and wanting to leave, her borrowing his car, and her trying to get his attention. I see nothing indicating he led her on. They barely seem like friends. Travis seemed like a great guy, full of life. I honestly don't know how Jodi could live with herself.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Jodi knew she couldn't come to his events. I don't know if it was because they were not in the same ward or if not being in the same ward was just an excuse he gave. But saving her cookie for later was the crap he shouldn't have done.

I noticed something weird in March. She was at his house--maybe cleaning it--and texted that his roommate was on his computer. Then she told him when the roommate got off and when the roommate got back on. Then she texted that it was just "connection issues." I wonder if she was telling him that because it was really she who was on the computer.

What's strange is, with all this texting and socializing, it is hard to believe he sat in that shower for all that time with no one knowing where he was. I don't believe it was because people thought he was in Cancun. He could still get texts from Cancun, right? I mean, his phone is constantly going, and he's a responder. So why would it take so many days?

That makes no sense to me either. Unless all of his friends assumed he was in MX and the roommates did too. He did have voice mail during his time dead. It's on BK's site.

Yup. They're there with the voicemails. They're under one of the last JA journals. There's one that she writes in that's his and then his. His is a lot of planning business and religious stuff.

I do have a question. That ring that was missing...

I thought people were saying it was a ring that he'd bought for Deanna? In a March text, I believe he told Taylor he'd bought it for Mimi. Where did this ring come from?

I do have a question. That ring that was missing...

I thought people were saying it was a ring that he'd bought for Deanna? In a March text, I believe he told Taylor he'd bought it for Mimi. Where did this ring come from?
I think it was the ring from an ex- either Deanna or Linda Ballard, who turned him down, that he planned to offer Mimi. Jodi stole it while "housecleaning" and told her father that she was engaged, so she was probably going to start wearing it, just not around Travis.

Yeah. I thought it was for Linda Ballard as well.

Thanks. Travis threw me off when he texted that he'd gotten a ring. It just seemed like a recent purchase to me for some reason.

Sorry to double post, but I don't know what's up with my computer not allowing me to edit my previous post to add something.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this passage from Jodi's journal. Maybe life in prison really IS better than the death penalty in light of this journal entry.

Attachments

• jodi freedom.JPG
    jodi freedom.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 184
I think it was the ring from an ex- either Deanna or Linda Ballard, who turned him down, that he planned to offer Mimi. Jodi stole it while "housecleaning" and told her father that she was engaged, so she was probably going to start wearing it, just not around Travis.

Lightbulb !!! As to why the parents thought she was going to be engaged ..they found the ring! That is why they said that during the first interview?

Sorry to double post, but I don't know what's up with my computer not allowing me to edit my previous post to add something.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this passage from Jodi's journal. Maybe life in prison really IS better than the death penalty in light of this journal entry.

Okay, well she never has to move from Arizona ever again! She just doesn't have her "free" sovereignty she was craving anymore. She will no longer choose how to spend her time, what she will wear, what she will eat, where she will go ever again!!!

I see where he was hanging onto her, but I don't see where it was anything more than a normal inability to stop responding. Notice how Lisa has STOPPED everything, just about. He should have done that with Jodi.

I love Travis. I was telling my mom how weird it is to meet a dead man and care about him. I really do like him and as if I'm reading a novel, I'm wishing it will turn out differently. I know it won't.

Anyways, I say that as a preface to saying that I see his shortcomings with women. I don't see them as abnormal shortcomings. I see him as an average male. Maybe he's doing "wrong" by "mormon standards," but he's a good guy. Sorry, was a good guy.

The reason I feel he led Jodi on is because when a person is THAT into you, well, you can't return calls. You can't talk in the middle of the night. You can't go on trips. You can't trade cars. You can't do it because ANYTHING you do signals hope and feeds that attraction. Lisa was immature in December 2007 on her texts, but she was right when she kept saying they had to stop feeding it. She was only 19 o 20, so I don't say she was immature to take anything from her. I'm a 42 year old whose reading her thoughts, so I'm gonna think she's immature with my 22 year experience on her at the time.

Travis' biggest problem was still interacting. I'm not sure why he kept doing that. And he was getting oral sex from her. From what I read, there are plenty of nice girls he could have pursued more. Forget Mimi. I don't like her so far. But I like Chitanya. I like this new girl, Elyse, too. I like her a lot, so far. I'm on the last day of March. And Elyse is showing genuine interest, unlike Mimi.

You can tell from the texts that Chaitanya is genuinely interested, and fun! Elyse is genuinely interested, and Lisa was, too. Mimi--I see no texts from her hardly. I do not understand what made her the "wife" all of a sudden. I really don't. Maybe she's just a phone call type of girl?

Anyways, I notice that Travis told Jodi to get rid of her mom and Jodi did it. I don't think he meant it seriously, but she still did it.

What I didn't like that Travis did was to put Chiatanya and Jodi in the same hotel room in OKC. That made no sense to me. I was upset with him for that. I was also upset with him for telling everyone that he is trying to get rid of Jodi, but at the same time, asking her where she is and bring him his wallet and his batteries. If he didn't want her around, he should have told her to find her own way to the conference. I guess he told Skye that he was using Jodi, but that was a mistake. It just fed her issues.

He wasn't perfect, but he was a good guy. I'm very sorry he made these mistakes because it cost him his life. So dumb that it had to cost him his life.

Re BBM

I think it is pretty simple explanation. It was the perfect storm. On one hand you had a very possessive sick person that did not want to ever let him go and was throwing her body at him offering him sex any time he wanted it and on the other hand you had someone who was just experiencing sex for the first time in his life and his other possible girlfriends were mainly Mormon faith with pretty strict rules about not having sex before marriage.

No matter how much Travis tried to end it with JA she was always haunting him and coming back around to offer herself to him and it was very difficult for him to expunge her in totality.
JA was like the heroin dealer offering him the drug (sex) and that was the only place he could get it at the time.

The very sad thing is he did try to cross her out of his life. If she would have just been a normal person and just left him alone for good then he would be alive today. But she was not normal. She truly is sick minded and that was the part that made this much worse than Travis even realized. Travis did begin to realize her mental issues but I dont think he realized how seriously sick minded she was. He even called her a physchopath I think in one of the texts. He just didnt realize that she was a real danger to his life. He didn't realize she would go past damaging his car and taking things.

It is a very sad story. It has affected a lot of us because it was so tragic

Re BBM

I think it is pretty simple explanation. It was the perfect storm. On one hand you had a very possessive sick person that did not want to ever let him go and was throwing her body at him offering him sex any time he wanted it and on the other hand you had someone who was just experiencing sex for the first time in his life and his other possible girlfriends were mainly Mormon faith with pretty strict rules about not having sex before marriage.

No matter how much Travis tried to end it with JA she was always haunting him and coming back around to offer herself to him and it was very difficult for him to expunge her in totality.
JA was like the heroin dealer offering him the drug (sex) and that was the only place he could get it at the time.

The very sad thing is he did try to cross her out of his life. If she would have just been a normal person and just left him alone for good then he would be alive today. But she was not normal. She truly is sick minded and that was the part that made this much worse than Travis even realized. Travis did begin to realize her mental issues but I dont think he realized how seriously sick minded she was. He even called her a physchopath I think in one of the texts. He just didnt realize that she was a real danger to his life. He didn't realize she would go past damaging his car and taking things.

He called himself a sociopath several times too. Doesn't mean he really thought he was, and though he called her that I don't think he understood she really was one.

She chose him, not the other way around, and IMO she chose him as a predator chooses prey. She knew by the end of the first night they met that he was good prey because she sized up his vulnerabilities and thought she could exploit them to get what she wanted.

Which she did, repeatedly. Had Travis been more emotionally healthy he would still be alive because she would never have chosen him in the first place. She clawed on to him like a vulture, and each time he struggled to get away she shredded more from him.

She used sex as a weapon to degrade him, to make him doubt and dislike himself, all in her effort to control him. He used sex to feel less empty and as reassurance he was worthy of being loved.

It says everything I need to know that the only unhealthy relationship - friendship or otherwise- he had was with the psychopathic who murdered him.

He called himself a sociopath several times too. Doesn't mean he really thought he was, and though he called her that I don't think he understood she really was one.

She chose him, not the other way around, and IMO she chose him as a predator chooses prey. She knew by the end of the first night they met that he was good prey because she sized up his vulnerabilities and thought she could exploit them to get what she wanted.

Which she did, repeatedly. Had Travis been more emotionally healthy he would still be alive because she would never have chosen him in the first place. She clawed on to him like a vulture, and each time he struggled to get away she shredded more from him.

She used sex as a weapon to degrade him, to make him doubt and dislike himself, all in her effort to control him. He used sex to feel less empty and as reassurance he was worthy of being loved.

It says everything I need to know that the only unhealthy relationship - friendship or otherwise- he had was with the psychopathic who murdered him.

Exactly. Totally agree.

This below is JMO and I maybe wrong about some assumptions.

When JA first went to the very first meeting where she met him, I think she was searching for someone just like him that she could pick and manipulate and use for mainly money support. I think that was her MO at the time and she had probably used that method many times to get guys to do things for her.

I am guessing that most guys figured her out pretty quick and would dump her before she could do emotional damage to themselves.

JA probably thought she hit the jackpot when she realized that Travis was reciprocating real feelings for her at first. I have always sensed that JA never really loved Travis and was just going to use him for as long as she could even to the point of marrying him without true love from her side.

I think she did the same thing to the poor guy with the boy that she helped financially ruined. When that guy's money ran out then she was able to easily dump him. She ran for the hills very fast after he started having money issues. Which tells me she never truly loved the man. I feel bad for the man and his boy because I think they were duped by her.

I sensed that same thing with her feelings towards Travis. I really don't think she loved him at all. She pretended she did. With her mental illness maybe she is incapable of loving in a normal way.

I may be wrong about some of this.

Exactly. Totally agree.

When JA first went to the very first meeting where she met him, I think she was searching for someone just like him that she could pick and manipulate and use for mainly money support. I think that was her MO at the time and she had probably used that method many times to get guys to do things for her.

I am guessing that most guys figured her out pretty quick and would dump her before she could do emotional damage to themselves.

JA probably thought she hit the jackpot when she realized that Travis was reciprocating real feelings for her at first. I have always sensed that JA never really loved Travis and was just going to use him for as long as she could even to the point of marrying him without true love from her side.

I think she did the same thing to the poor guy with the boy that she helped financially ruined. When that guy's money ran out then she was able to easily dump him. She ran for the hills very fast after he started having money issues. Which tells me she never truly loved the man. I feel bad for the man and his boy because I think they were duped by her.

I sensed that same thing with her feelings towards Travis. I really don't think she loved him at all. She pretended she did. With her mental illness maybe she is incapable of loving in a normal way.

No, IMO you are right on all counts. I don't think she has any capacity whatsoever for real friendship, much less love. She's a psychopath. She has never had a life of her own. I think she uses not just for $$ though, but for identity, and for the sport of destroying then moving on.

I'm glad Darryl has at least completely shielded his son after the fact. Whatever else D is or isn't, it must destroy him as a father that he allowed that evil into his son's life. And never recognized it.

I feel bad for every guy that's ever encountered Arias. I'd imagine they're all wondering if they could've been in TA's place. I'd imagine it'd mess with your head.

Lightbulb !!! As to why the parents thought she was going to be engaged ..they found the ring! That is why they said that during the first interview?

found it or she sent them a picture with her wearing it. She might have had it with her at home over the holiday, christmas 2007. I mean, who knows how long she had it before he discovered it missing.

You know, I just had a thought. could she have snooped at his house and found it before she even moved? I say that because of her journal entries in which she was contemplating if TA would propose to her in New York at that place where mormons like to propose. Notice how she describes that day and T's reactions to her discussing people getting engaged there.

Exactly. Totally agree.

Good observations. There's a reason she wound up with a manager at Big Sur. There's a reason she wound up associated with Gus Sercy, a top speaker and ring earner at PPL. There's a reason she wound up in Chris Hughes' brother's PPL ring. There's a reason she wound up, first PPL convention, hobnobbing with top earners. That was no Cinderella story.

I need to go over that testimony again to figure out if their meeting even happened like she said. Did Travis really pick her out, walk straight up to her and shake her hand? Sounds like a story. We know Alyce loves her disney stories!

Good observations. There's a reason she wound up with a manager at Big Sur. There's a reason she wound up associated with Gus Sercy, a top speaker and ring earner at PPL. There's a reason she wound up in Chris Hughes' brother's PPL ring. There's a reason she wound up, first PPL convention, hobnobbing with top earners. That was no Cinderella story.

I need to go over that testimony again to figure out if their meeting even happened like she said. Did Travis really pick her out, walk straight up to her and shake her hand? Sounds like a story. We know Alyce loves her disney stories!

There's not much doubt in my mind that she researched her prospects before going to that conference. She joined PPL in Feb/March 2006, met TA in Sept 2006 and probably had already made contact with GS and AA by then so would have had time to get the scoop on who's who in PPL. Heck, she made sure she had her pic taken with the head honcho more than once and from the intel on her, vis a vis SH, she was definitely not shy around groups of men.

https://projectwasabi.wordpress.com/2013/04/28/the-jodi-arias/
"February, 2006:

Jodi begins work with Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. (now LegalShield).
Her boss is a man named Dr. David Hughes."
[video=youtube;Jv3FGM7uW78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv3FGM7uW78[/video]

https://spotlightonlaw.wordpress.com/tag/abe-abdelhadi/
"Abe was part of the same team as Jodi Arias, which was Team Freedom? Gus Searcy and Abe Abdelhadi were on Jodi Arias’ “Up-line”."

Re BBM

Thanks. What I was meaning was that, according to his text messages, there were other women who'd mess around with him, who'd probably have sex with him. I'm not sure why he had to keep responding to Jodi. It's apparent from his text messages that he could have gotten sexual things, and might have gotten them, from other women.

If she slashed his tires, etc, I don't see why he'd keep up any of it. He told the Hughes that he was using Jodi, but it was apparent that on the OKC trip, while he was telling people that he didn't want her and wasn't with her, he'd text and look for her. It was bizarre.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back