Trial Analysis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is exactly what floors me! Why spend all this time trying to prove that poor little Caylee's body wasn't in the trunk of Casey's car? Baez said that she died in the pool. I took that admission in his OS to be the reason for the smell in the car. And now he is trying to prove that Caylee's body was not in the car?

ties the body to Casey and Casey only. He needs to tie the body to others. The OS pointed to others getting rid of the body. If she got rid of the body herself, it disproves the defense os.

Watched Dr. Drew show and Joy Behars (sp?) show last night. Almost all the analyst are saying that the defense is doing a good job at showing reasonable doubt. I'm not seeing how they are coming to that conclusion. Are they watching the same trial???:waitasec:

Can someone else that sees it please let me know what exactly the defense has shown???

What the analysts are mainly revealing is that claiming a clearcut case is not clearcut is good for tv ratings.

I don't think JB is a very good attorney at all. I think the State is doing a better job of presenting their case than the defense is doing by trying to show reasonable doubt.

I think the only thing the defense has going for it is there is no determined cause of death and no witnesses to murder. But the defense, itself, is a joke. JB is a terrible attorney, and I for one, am very thankful Casey hired him instead of someone qualified.

The prosecution should be doing the better job at this stage of the trial. I think Jose did a decent job with Dr. Vass. He showed how Dr. Vass is into experimental use with divine rods to find buried bodies. Even though that is a hobby of his it still could lead to some doubt with his other techniques for decomposition are experimental as well.

If I was a juror I still have reasonable doubt how Caylee died.
If I was a juroro, it is possible that Caylee drowned and Casey panicked and drove around with the body, made it look like a kidnapping by the use of Chloroform and duct tape. The state have not proved that the above scenario is not a possibility.

I personally believe that Casey killed Caylee, it is a pre-meditated murder by the google searches on Chloroform. I would like to see her punished for it.

Do you think that maybe she used the Chloroform on her to make her sleep so she could go out and party without having to ask her parents to keep her? Just wonder if the chloroform is what killed her. Too much maybe? Then when she couldnt wake her up she panicked??

Grasping at straws I'm sure.

The key word in reasonable doubt is the word reasonable. I believe to many people confuse this into thinking that the system must prove an individual guilty beyond the shadow of doubt. It may seem like semantics but the two are very different. I do however completely agree with Miss Plum.

You have to understand that these networks are about ratings and these shows on HLH and TruTV, ect are for entertainment. These "analysts" are basically nothing more then actors with "credentials". That or have their own agenda when giving their "professional" opinion.

So which one is going to keep you watching more? A show that agrees the SA has this in the bag or a show that causes a bit of controversy and builds up the defense as though it has a strong case when everything points to the contrary.

Case in point we are talking about it right now.

If these "alleged " analysts said; stick a fork in her - she's done, nobody would watch their shows. I believe that any number of WS'ers could speak to the facts of this case better than most, if not all, of these talking heads.

I used to watch JVM is the past, but she's so far off with the facts of this case, and is now reduced to brandishing a big gavel to keep her TH's in line, that most, IMO, are not worth the time due to their misinformation and DT propaganda.

If I was a juroro, it is possible that Caylee drowned and Casey panicked and drove around with the body, made it look like a kidnapping by the use of Chloroform and duct tape. The state have not proved that the above scenario is not a possibility.
If that is JB's case for reasonable doubt, then why is he arguing the findings that elements of chloroform and decomp were found in the trunk? This would support his theory.

Do you think that maybe she used the Chloroform on her to make her sleep so she could go out and party without having to ask her parents to keep her? Just wonder if the chloroform is what killed her. Too much maybe? Then when she couldnt wake her up she panicked??

Lots of us think that, TXN.

I believe the duct tape was placed after Caylee's death - something she used to support the whole "Caylee was kidnapped" scenario. So, let's say it was an accidental chloroform overdose. That still puts us at felony/depraved indifference murder in Florida. A reasonable person should know it is likely that death could result from dosing a toddler with chloroform and leaving her unattended in a car trunk. Casey is still on the hook, even if she didn't intend to kill her daughter. She knowingly and deliberately placed Caylee in a situation that caused her death.

Didn't know where else to put this and I don't have time to find the link, but fox35 just interviewed Lippmann and, at the end, he was asked his assessment of how JB was doing, and his reply was something like - I've seen moments where he has done a good job and hours when he hasn't. That pretty much sums up my feelings too.

Didn't know where else to put this and I don't have time to find the link, but fox35 just interviewed Lippmann and, at the end, he was asked his assessment of how JB was doing, and his reply was something like - I've seen moments where he has done a good job and hours when he hasn't. That pretty much sums up my feelings too.

I can't help myself, I like Lippman! That's a fair assessment IMO.:floorlaugh:

Since this thread is titled "Trial Analysis" I wanted to share an observation I made. I tape the trial on In Session and HLN. Although I watch the trial live, I still record it because I miss a lot doing housework and taking care of the grandkids. So when I can, I sit down and re-watch that day's recording by fast-forwarding through the commercials (there are soooo many). Since I watch hours of testimony in fast-forward and I noticed that ICA has a pattern of facial and body ticks. It is only obvious to me in fast-forward. During testimony where she appears to be completely detached in real-time, when observed at a higher speed she appears very animated. Her left ear will twitch and then her left shoulder pulls up quickly. Her eyes dart back and forth quite frighteningly. I have gotten to the point where I only stop the tape when I see an unusual expression from her because I am curious what she is reacting to. I suggest trying this sometime for entertainment value if nothing else. Her micro-expressions really stand-out with this method. CA's testimony was riveting this way.

The prosecution should be doing the better job at this stage of the trial. I think Jose did a decent job with Dr. Vass. He showed how Dr. Vass is into experimental use with divine rods to find buried bodies. Even though that is a hobby of his it still could lead to some doubt with his other techniques for decomposition are experimental as well.

As he works at Oakridge (a body farm) he has been familiar with the pungent odor of death for many many years. Even if the sniffer is too cutting edge for some, his ability to recognize decomp is unequaled, he is world renowned. He knows the smell of a dead body and I think that is more than enough.

As to his hobby it just isn't relevant and if that's the worst his slew
of private investigators can come up with, I'd say he is a pretty standup kind of guy.

I personally believe that Casey killed Caylee, it is a pre-meditated murder by the google searches on Chloroform. I would like to see her punished for it.

This scenario is not without consequence and even if they don't give her the DP I'm betting she is looking at 30 years. So far though we haven't heard all the evidence I think the best is yet to come.

i think this case was over before it started given the overwhelming circumstantial evidence - the desperate and clumsy abuse excuse confirms it. the only thing that remains to be seen is whether kc gets life or death.

To me, it is interesting that June 16 @ 4 pm ICA seems to be searching for a baby-sitter so she can be with TL. No go. However we see ICA at Blockbusters that evening and no Caylee - where is she?

The intrigue is ICA and TL sleep in the next morning he does not go to college.

Was Caylee in the trunk and while ICA got away with doing that during the night as the day warmed up Caylee died and ICA completely forgot?

Are we ever gonna hear from JG, AD, the guy from the tattoo parlor, and other names we've grown familiar with? I would've thought they would've placed those witnesses with the others who ran into or talked to KC in those 31 days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back